may have missed it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
A crucial moment in TPM, was when Qui-Gon took Anakin aside and told him that his focus will determine his reality. I think Anakin will turn to the dark side because he is focusing on Padme, instead of his Jedi training. Palpatine will see this and use it to his advantage to turn him. In the end, I think Anakin will kill Padme when she won't tell him where she has hidden Luke.

Texas
Anakin doesn't kill Padme, Leia said her mother died of sorrow.

ToMacco
She didn't die of sorrow

Leia said her mother was very sad, but she never said how she died. I beleive she was sad because she knew Anakin had fallen. Obi-wan probably explained the danger Luke was in, and convinced her to hide him.

Anakin will come after Padme, and when she won't tell him where Luke is, he kills her and becomes Vader.

Ratcat

ToMacco
Lucas has said that the next two films are going to be very dark. I think we'll see the deaths of almost everyone, including Padme. But maybe you're right.

I still think Anakin is gonna cut her in two. Then Obi is gonna knock Anakin's ass into a lava pit, or something like that.

Ratcat

ToMacco
You can tell it's gonna get dark. Have you ever listened score at the very end of the credits after TPM? The last notes just barely give a hint of the Darth Vader theme. It's haunting, and then you hear his breath through the helmit. If you havn't watched the end credits in TPM, I'd suggest you check it out.

Ratcat
I love the way it neatly moves from Anakins theme, to a slow, mellowed version of Vaders theme. Very forboding...

ToMacco
Star Wars is deep

yerssot
I'm saying for a very long time that I think there is a big chance you DON'T see her dieing, and that the lines of Leia at the end would give it away

finti
Originally posted by ToMacco

Well Vader didnt know about Luke, otherwise they(Vader and the emperor) would have turned the Galaxy upside down to find him. And they would start with people Vader knew as Anakin.

yerssot
That Luke and Leia are twins, will also be a surprise

finti
That we learned in ROTJ,
" Your feelings for them are strong espesially for.... sister so you have a sister. Now your feelings have betrayed her too. Obi Wan was wise to hide her, but now his failure is complete. If you dont want to turn to the dark side then perhaps she will..... smile

yerssot
Yeah we know ...
Now that was a big spoiler for the newbies here!

queeq
Being dark does not automatically mean a lot of deaths. Anakin's fall to the darkside is a lot darker than OB1's or even Anakin's death. GL's darkness does not lie in loss of life, IMHO.

King Jedi
Padme has to die!!!! sad

What Leia said in ROTJ isn't much of an indication because she might remember things from when she was a very young baby.

Ushgarak
Well, no point in over-complicating. We'll take Leia's line as read for now until we have reason to think otherwise.

Therefore it is highly unlikely that Anakin killed her, and almost impossible for Vader to have tracked her down and killed her without gaining knowledge of her children.

So presumably she died of a broken heart.

finti
Yeah, I`m with Ush on this one.

yerssot
What a shame!!!
But, if that the way it is...

ToMacco
No.

Vader and the Emperor knew about Luke. Not about Leia. In ESB The Emperor told Vader they had the new enemy in young Skywalker. Vader replied that he is just a boy and Obi-wan couldn't help him anymore, cause he was dead.

If anything, Vader and the Emperor didn't know YODA had survived. They would turn the galaxy upside down to look for him, because he could train Luke. THey thought they got rid of the problem when they knocked off Kenobi in ANH.

Vader and the Emperor knew about Luke, definatley. I think the Emperor had always planned Luke to overthrow Vader and become the new sith warrior.

Ratcat

Ushgarak
Tomacco, I would be extremely surprised if Vader knew about Luke. I would imagine he would have made more of an effort to find him.

He may well have known that Padme was pregnant, of course.

By ESB Vader his discovered Luke's identity from his exploits in ANH; it has nothing to do with the past.

And no, they don't know that Yoda survived, of course.

It looks VERY unlikely that Anakin will kill Amidala; as RC says the timing simply doesn't fit.

ToMacco
It could go either way, but I think Vader knew about Luke. He didn't consider him a threat, because he didn't know where he was, nor where Kenobi was. And that Grand Moff leader guy in ANH tells Vader that Kenobi "must certainly be dead by now."

But it could go the other way, too. Perhaps he didn't know about it until the first death star attack.

Oh s*#t! I just thought of something! Maybe he didn't know about it until ANH. When Kenobi sacraficed himself, Vader cut him down, then turned and walked toward Luke and the others. Maybe Vader thought "What the hell did the great Obi-wan let himself die for? What's so special about these punks? (besides one is a princess)"

Then Luke blew up the death star. "The force is strong with this one," Vader said, closing in on Luke. But he also tried to shoot Luke's plane. Would he do that if he knew it was his son?

This is making my head hurt.

Ushgarak
If you want to join the whole 'The Force is strong with this one' debate. it;s currently me against the rest of the world in one of the other threads around here... I maintain that Vader was just commenting on the difficulty of the target.

yerssot
Thank you! Last time I back you up!

Ushgarak
My humblest apologies, yerssot. I'm just so used to being diasagreed with...

yerssot
it's ok.

That grand-moff Tarkin thinks that Obi-wan must be death is just because there are a lot of people who don't like the force.
ie: Hocky religion and ancient weapons are no match against a good blaster at your side.

Ushgarak
Tarkin's line would have a made a lot more sense if they hadn't have made Obi-Wan younger than expected in TPM.

yerssot
Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them

King Jedi
RC has an idea I like. Having Ep3 last over a long period of time ie 6 months. Would that work for SW? I don't know but it would be interesting.

yerssot
Don't think so, otherwhise you will get some strange effects

ToMacco
Vader knew of Luke. In RotJ, Vader said "You have a twin sister. . .Obi-wan was wise to hid HER from me." He didn't say, it was wise to hide YOU BOTH from me.

Ushgarak
No, Vader assumed that Obi-Wan trained Luke and sent him after Vader but kept Leia a secret. Simple enough.

queeq
Quite right.

yerssot
That wasn't that difficult

queeq
Yes, we're slipping here... big grin

sand person no. 10
Yeah but why change the style of a film series for one film, sw has always been over a time period of i'd of thought no more than a week, 2 weeks, it is difficult however to prove the time period of sw's because there is no actual units of time used but i doubt gl would change to style for 1 film, perhaps a lot of things will have happened by ep3 that will get mentioned in the opening text. i for one think he made a mistake by putting tpm so early in anakins life, anakin at 15 would have been far more interesting.

Ushgarak
ESB took place over quite a long period of time.

yerssot
But we don't have any idea how long it took

sand person no. 10
you can't say that because there is no mention of time, the best pointer to the time span of that film is the story of han and leia, it doesn't SEEM that they spend too long fleeing from the empirials, from the time they leave hoth to the time they get to city in the clouds, i've had only of said it would have been a few days, a week at most.

yerssot
Wel, Luke had a little Jedi-training, is it not?

Ushgarak
It's several weeks at least. Luke would need the time to train and as for the complexity of how the heck Han made to to Bespin without his hyperdrive...

yerssot
Several weeks?
Darn, that's long, isn't that too much?
What's the distance between Bespin and Hoth?

Ushgarak
Well, they are two different star systems, so at least a light year apart at the very minimum...

yerssot
But how fast is the MF without the hyperdrive?

Ushgarak
Well, can't be any faster than light-speed, can it?

Sadly, this is a bit of a continuity error.

yerssot
For young children there isn't a time between them. So I think that's not good.
If EpII is going to be 6 months, I hope they make it CLEAR!!!

Ushgarak
I remember this board discussed the issue of the time each movie took not long after I joined this place. I remember a lot of people saying that they rather liked the fuzzy time issue in ESB; by ignoring the timing he could concentrate on the important bits of the story.

Which I guess is fair enough, but there is still something wrong with the Falcon getting to another system without its hyperdrive.

yerssot
What I know about it now, is that it would take +/- a month IF they were quick

Ushgarak
Indeed. In fact, that would have to be VERY quick.

yerssot
There is a map on BTM so you can see they're not neighbours

ToMacco
It has to be a while in ESB. It takes years to properly train a Jedi. It's all that "too old" crap.

Even Yoda couldn't wrap up Luke's training in 48 hours.

yerssot
There couldn't be a year between that:
otherwhise Han had a beard

Ushgarak
Literally speaking it would have taken the MF years or decades to reach Bespin. But you obviously have to ignore that for the good of the plot.

So you leave thr time the MF took to reach Bespin at 'a while', and in this same 'while', and in the time Han was at Cloud City, Luke does basic training on Dagobah. I always thought a few weeks or so was the best time scale to work in.

yerssot
Give me a few minutes and I have more info

yerssot
Back!!!
OK, here is the result:

There is between Dagobah and Bespin a difference of 22 hours WITH the use of a hyperdrive.
The distance is unknown, I have to say I don't know how much there is between Hoth and Dagobah/ Hoth and Bespin, but the distance between Hoth-Dagobah is 4 times smaller than Hoth-Bespin

Ushgarak
The MF flew from Anoat to Bespin (having hitched a ride to Anoat on the Avenger); any idea about the distances involved there?

yerssot
Where is Anoat? is it in the same system? If not, wich is close to it?

Ushgarak
Anoat is the name of the system and a whole different system to Hoth, which was always called the Hoth system

Han says they are at Anoat when he is deciding where to go and comes up with Bespin (which, incidentally, he says is 'pretty far').

yerssot
Don't find it sad

ToMacco
Maybe the editors just dropped the ball there (or didn't really feel it was important). Editors have been known to drop the ball.

At some point in the next few hours, watch ANH and fast forward to the part where R2 took off in the night to find Obi-wan. Luke asks 3PO where R2 is, then runs out of the building. You see how fast Luke is running, and how fast 3PO can walk. Luke runs out of the hut and out about 10 paces, and 3PO immediatly appears next to him. I noticed it years ago, and it always makes me laugh.

I do suggest you check it out, if you hadn't noticed it already. Trust me, it's pathetic! confused

yerssot
You know I said 22 hours?
Forget it!!!
Made an error there, I'll give you the exact one this day

Ushgarak
Well, like I said, this is just a small error that should be ignored.

yerssot
TADAAAAAAAAAAA: the new results and I can say that if the sources are correct (they must be, they're almost directly from GL)
than this are the results:

Hoth-Dagobah: 1day 2hours
Hoth-Bespin: 9hours

this all WITH a working hyperdrive ofcourse

ToMacco
Ush, you're right. I was just pointing out something I always found amusing.

Little things like that anger a lot of people. But I can look past it. If one doesn't have the ability to let it go, they need to get their life re-evaluated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.