Obi-wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I'd just like this opportunity to express the fact that Obi-wan is a bad-ass!

Ratcat
If you think Obi-Wan is a bad ass, wait until you see Mace Windu in action... wink

ToMacco
That's what I told one of my buddies:

He was pissed because Samuel L Jackson was in it. I tried to explain to him that he would be important later. But my friend was too stupid to understand.

"Mary, h. . have you seen my baseball?"

Ratcat
Mace Windu: The Thinking Mans Jedi..... laughing out loud

ToMacco
I think Obi-wan and Mace should have a fight. I think Ben would kick Mace's ass.
Hey! Maybe he does! Maybe that's how Mace dies. Okay, that's just plain stupid. embarrasment

Ratcat
Hmmmm, sounds ever so much like we're getting in to Episode-II territory there...

yerssot
How can you hate someone that is in one movie, than dies and is a ghost that you see for only 5 minutes?

Ratcat
Yerssot, what part of this topic are you replying to??? confused

ToMacco
I didn't know what the hell he was talking about, either.

yerssot
Oops, wrong thread

Texas
How embarassing Yersott embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment big grin

yerssot
Sorry!
But when I'm on the forum I work on two things at the same time.
PS; did you know you can only post every 30 seconds? That slows down my work!

Ushgarak
It's to stop loonies messng things up with mass over-posting, as has happened before.

yerssot
I find it a strange decision that OB1 lets his beard grow. Just for making him look 10 years older. Couldn't they make rimples with fx?

Ushgarak
Well, Ewan often wears a beard- in fact, he had to shave it off for TPM... but then he only grew it again for Litte Malcolm and the Eunuchs... and for Moulin Rogue he had to be both bearded and shaven... never mind.

As Alec Guiness had a beard this was a somewhat inevitable piece of continuity. And he DOES look older in it, to be sure!

yerssot
Forgot Alec Guiness there, indeed, he has to have a beard

ToMacco
I think the beard makes him look a lot better. He's not a young smart ass anymore. The beard makes him wise. He's got more figured out now.

Yoda should grow a beard out. And Mace should grow out one of those long mustaches, like in the movie Tombstone. stick out tongue

yerssot
I don't think he looks more wiser

Ratcat
I think it is there to give him a sense of having matured over the 10 years.

yerssot
give hem a SENSE of....
quite correct Ratcat: a SENSE

Ratcat
Oh indeed, the character is still only supposed to be in his very early thirties. I think a lot of the recklesness will still be there, deep down.

Once again though, we have a thread that is drifting into AOTC topics.

yerssot
ok, back on topic:
I find it strange that Luke calls him Ben in ANH and ESB but NOT in ROTJ, where he calls him Obi-Wan

Ratcat
IS this supposed to show a maturing of Luke, dropping the familiar name in favour of the more honourific?

yerssot
Perhaps giving back Kenobis real name so everything can be restored?

ToMacco
yerssot, I think that's a good way to look at it.

By the time we come to RotJ, I think Luke had a lot more stuff figured out. He knew now of what had gone on before, and he knew not to call Kenobi Ben, but by his real name, Obi-wan.

yerssot
And again there is the time-error.
I mean: Luke had a LOT of time to sort things out and question others about a certain Kenobi; BUT Luke knew already in ANH that it was OB1 and not Ben. hence: Leia's message.

Ratcat
I don't think Luke ever really learnt much of the Old Republic and the Jedi Order, a theme carried through into the EU.

Forms of reference for those times were all but destroyed, according to EU sources.

With nothing canon to discount that idea, and an unlikelihood of there ever being anything that will then we must fall back on the EU for that kind of info.

yerssot
OB1 was not the only old guy hanging around there. He can ask old people about the Jedi

Ratcat
Sure, they would know stories of the Jedi, but they probably wouldn't know much about the actual workings of the Jedi Order.

yerssot
the clean-up guy, cable-guy... plenty of choice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.