Poll: HP or LOTR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bloom4ever
i kno it's kinda ridiculous 2 ask this on a LOTR message board but i like 2 kno who prefers HP.
stick out tongue

sauron
i like the hp movies dont get me wrong, but they will never amount to what lotr is, lotr will be remembered for all time

BingaBonga
this should probably be in the movie discussion area, but oh well...

the stupidest thing i've heard about someone comparing harry potter to lotr, is that my friends little brother, said that lotr stinks... I ask him why, when he hasn't even seen it... He says that they copied off of harry potter, i'm like u are such an idiot, lotr was made like 30 years before harry potter was even thought about, so whatever you do, don't say that a movie stinks if you havent' even seen it...

sauron
i9ve heard it said lotr copied frompotter, so my reply was lotr was out b4 potter, so they said well harry potter copied from lotr and did it better,

where are the similarities between potter and lotr

and how is potter better? answer, hes NOT

nazgulinthedark
i see no simalarties...ok, maybe ganalf and dubledore, but what else

Izz
dobby - gollum
things with evil spirits in it
hero's which are not typical hero's
etc. etc....

Bloom4ever
There r more similarities:
The Nazgul nd Dementors
in bk.5 HP, there r Healers working in the hospital, n Healers wuz also in LOTR.
Sauron fell and's fighting to get back 2 power, like Voldemort
There's loads more, i just can't remember right now.

sauron
the titles of sauron n voldey dark lord

mah
There, I edited the poll and predicted the very certain end result.

Honestly, these kind of threads always lead into harry potter bashing and we've had 'em tons of times before. closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.