I didn't get the ending

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pslice
I didn't get the ending. Where were they in the eand? Is Neo really dead? Was that a new Matrix? If it wasn't how were the little girl, the chinese dude, the architect and the oracle still in existance? What did the oracle mean when she said to the little girl when she saw the sunrise "did you do this?" "Yes". Then what was with, "What about the ones who want out?" "They'll be freed". Freed from where? Was that just a new and 7th matrix? Will someone tell me please!

dave123
the matrix was returned to how it was without smith, everyone (cept neo) was returned to thier normal non-smith slef, and the little girl made the sun rise/set for neo

pslice
o, thanx

AliasNeo15
the oracle asked the architect if People want to leave the Matrix and persue the real world, is it ok. The Architect said "Of Course. Wut do u think i am, human?." This meant that he thinks that the humans are unfair. Since there wont be anymore sequals, we may never know if Neo is dead or not. From the looks of it in the real world, he's a goner. But i think that a part of him was left in the matrix and he is a part of it. Maybe he is a program of some sort, like when the Oracle talked about it in Reloaded. "There were programs made to watch over the trees, the sunrise and sunset. Theres programs runnin all over the place. The one's doing there job, doing wut there supposed to do are invisible. You'd never know they were here." There's an explanation for yuthumb up

SimplePriest
I think he is dead. I'm pretty sure he wasn't breathing.

AliasNeo15
ya, i think they tried to get the point across when they kept showing his face again and again, looking motionless.

eatingimpaired
but*All people in the forum look at him*...forget it.

JediHDM
eatingimpared> what were you going to say?
Simple> no, i do not think he is dead. His body glows, which, although dead, tells me that he is still alive, somewhere (in the matrix), and then when we see the sunrise, created by Sati, and Neo's glowing body, and they look the same, tells me he is alive, he is God in Matrix, just as he had to go to God of Machines...

SimplePriest
JediHDM> ahhh right. Sorry, I believe more along the lines of what you just said, but I didn't explain myself well At All.

But, I think that his Body is dead (maybe... probably). However, I definitely do believe he is alive in the matrix.

SimplePriest
Man... He brought the peace... The peace that both sides have wanted for so long (watch 2nd Renaissance if you haven't seen it)

xeous
2nd Renaissance?

Noola
So - lemme get this straight. If the machines can reset the matrix without neo's help {as evidenced by the matrix rebooting at the end of revo} then why the heck didn't they just delete all the smiths and wipe out humanity. They seemed to give in to peace a LITTLE too easily considering, y'know the 200 year war and all.

"The program Smith is beyond your control". Er, crappp!!!

xeous
lol, that's kind of what I asked in another thread. The way I enterpreted the answer is that the Matrix resetting would be like a code say:

THEMATRIXRESET

Where Neo outside of the source would be like

THE ATRIXRESET

Without the M, resetting the matrix would be cataclismic, killing everyone plugged in.

Neo once brought to the source:

THEMATRIXRESET

It can then be reset.

SimplePriest
xeous> The 2nd Renaissance is a part of the Animatrix. And I hate asking someone to "spend more money" and watch another thing from the Wachowski's if you didn't like revolutions. But I think it gives a lot to the background of the story. Actually, nevermind. If you want to, most of us here could give you (very) a synopsis (from memory, we've watched it so many times). So save some bucks, and ask any one of the regulars on this forum if you'd like smile

Noola> I believe that Neo has to return to the source in order for things to be reset right (similar to what xeous just said). I think that by him giving himself over the way he did, he escentially gave himself up to the machines (for them to send that Norton Anti-virus through him, and to be able to reset the Matrix). In this way, they've killed smith, which was necessary, and were able to refine and reset the matrix (like they normally do when he picks the door on the right, except for the picking of the people to start zion).

Did that help? Or was that more confusing erm

JediHDM
noola> the machines cannot reset the matrix without the code being reinserted. the machines did not reset the matrix, the black cat shoulda showed that...the matrix code was rewritten on a GRAND scale...it was not reset, it was reverted.

SimplePriest
Oh I see... I couldn't figure out whether it was a reset or a rewrite. Any other opinions?

Should a thread be started on this...

priestjim
OK. Neo's body was glowing. Bane's body was glowing (through Neo's eyes). Bane had a program downloaded into his mind. Neo?

PersefonePotter
NO... Bane had Smith in him. From Reloaded.

SimplePriest
I think he's asking why Neo's body was glowing...

dave123
read every post, watch every interview, film, cartoon anime etc... and it'll make sense

priestjim
Yes. I am putting in parallel Bane and Neo. Think think think think. I believe Neo is alive. Why would a dead body glow in any circumstance? The mind can't live without the body and the same applies to a mind loaded with a program, connected to the Matrix or anything else you want.

JediHDM
yes, i, at first, said Neo was alive, then reversed and said he was dead, however, i think he is alive, due to the fact that his body glows as if he is broadcasting code...

priestjim
Your first post here in this thread about Neo glowing made me think that he is alive, Jedi. You freed my mind smile

JediHDM
Congratulations

priestjim
Thank you.

SimplePriest
LOL... that was nice guys... real nice

spydar1982
ok ok here we go correct me if i am wrong this is just what i got from the movie.

Thomas Anderson = dead (look at park bench... memorial for the MAN who saved the matrix)

Neo = alive. Neo is a program. The One is a program just as the Architect, the Oracle, Smith, and Sati.

Psychical appearance in the matrix means nothing. The Oracle is looks old because what do you think when you hear the word oracle. I think old and wise... hmmm.... Now Thomas Anderson was the new shell for the 6th "one" just as the oracle has a new shell to hide herself.

Sati, just like most children represents innocence. Just like a child does for their parents Sati "painted" a beautiful sun and a colorful sky for neo over the grim gray/green bland sky before it.

JediHDM
yes, Thomas A. Anderson=dead
Neo=human, although Neo contains the anomaly code, which is a program.

joeboy
no more matrix if everyone free. DAH

JediHDM
AND THEY WON'T BE FREED ALL AT ONCE, ALL TOGETHER, IMMEDIATELY...

joeboy
reverted as in back up. There is no more matrix. At least for now. The people will be free.

priestjim
All I know is that Neo's body can't be dead. And that Thomas Anderson, Neo's avatar in the Matrix is dead.

TH3_0N3
neo let smith take his code so then the source can see it and destroy it becuase they hide in the matrix?

priestjim
Yes. One thing that doesn't fit me is that when the fight was over, the machine lord said "It is done". To whom was he talking to? Machines don't talk to themselves. They communicate internally. And there was no one there human to here it. Almost no one... smile

Mordecai
He was talking to you.

priestjim
ha ha ha. Seriously now, as we all know everything that happens in the movie has a purpose. The machine saying "it is done" had a purpose. It wasn't put there to inform us that it was done. I believe he was talking to Neo.

Mordecai
Well its possble he was talking to Neo, to inform him that he can wake up or something, too bad that don't happen.

Or he could be informing the fellow machines in triumph for the peace that Neo just accomplished.

....anything is possible in this movie.

priestjim
That's what I am saying. The machines don't need to talk to communicate. And the machines knows if he is alive. They had wires on him! Couple this scene with the Neo glow scene and you get a nice "Hi! I am alive!" thing smile

Mordecai
Well i've seen the movie 3 times now and i missed the whole "i'm glowing!" thing, are you talking about when it goes to the orange code looking scene when they are carrying him away??

If yes, then now i understand.

I never thought he was dead, but he ain't all that alive either.

priestjim
Yes that's what I am saying. Maybe he is in a comma again. Such a sensitive boy!

W. Lee Chojin
Hi guys ...

I believe that Neo is dead, however, the code of anomaly was re-inserted, now, Neo and the anomaly can be only one... I agree that the matrix wasn't reseted, just fixed.
For the time being it is this all I have to say.
But, I'm still "digesting" and taking off conclusions...
Ow ! another question, there will be another cycle of anomaly right ??
What will happens ??

PS: sorry for my poor english ...

JediHDM
i think the cycle is over, but i think Neo is still alive, just in a coma...

W. Lee Chojin
Jedi- Lets think ... I am just trying to understand ok? The architect said that the anomaly is sistemic right? It cannot be evited, however, can be controlled. Do you think that with the events occurred with Neo, Smith, etc... the anomaly was over?

JediHDM
no, but if Neo is still alive, the anomaly will not need to find a new "host", so to speak...

W. Lee Chojin
Ok ! thx ! smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.