Muslims

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent
Look what I came across..!

http://www.al-hewar.com/eng/showthread.php?t=167&page=1&pp=20

whacky people... laughing

slinger
What the freak is that?

xeous
They were mad because someone in Reloaded was going to be named Allah. I can understand their pain, look at how much their culture has been abused in our movies.

slinger
No, I understood what they were talking about but, it's kinda coocoo.

eatingimpaired
Mm-hm

BIOS9
I totally agree with xeous

lil bitchiness
What the f**k?

Geez....i understand culture and stuff, but its only a movie, its not like they were gonna abuse it...they didnt kill anyone..''lets make anti Matrix poster'' yeah...lets do that...all of us no expression

oh yeah, and MAtrix is banned in egypt....blink

MC Mike
Yeah, I read that Egypt thing too..

This is kinda funny, but i won't go around with a bunch of muslims busting my azz so I don't think I will laugh at it...

lil bitchiness
nah..i was being sarcastic huh..sorry, anyway...

I hope you have all read that...i think Matrix is such a philosophical movie...noo need to be native about it...unlike most other movies, it makes you think about stuff we take for granted...sorry, sorry, shouldnt really talk about this......

jiggaman8604
Ok...so...if someone named a character Jesus in a movie (which has been done by the way)...i wouldnt go skitzo over it...i would think its kinna funny...but the thing that really scares me is "in fact the smallest we can do is avoid watching it, and advising others to do so."...Jihad anyone?

lil bitchiness
hmmm.....thats my point a well....blink

you know what i think it could be...Matrix makes you think about other stuff..its kinda really open minded in its philosophy....somewhat buddhist as well...maybe thats what they are afraid of....blink just a thought...

jiggaman8604
they gotta learn to take some things in stride.....America is not out to kill every muslim that has walked the earth....take a pill (red preferably)

Agent
I personally think they (the muslims) should lighten up a bit. You guys should surf through the Islam/Muslim forums, and see all the crap they are on about....we westerners can't wipe our behinds in a certain way without them starting a holy war...!

dave123
yes

JediHDM
the only thing i can say is, there are crazy people in all religions...even christianity, although i hate it, there are people who say this kinda stuff in every religion, and i think bashing them is not going to get anything done about it. Let them alone. And on that note, Omega, Ush, could we close this?

ragesRemorse
Wow and to think thier are people who actually question Genocide of certain races.

dave123
didnt anyone notice the references to Davism, particularly in Revos?

darkweaver
Yeah, I think Matrix was banned in Egypt as someone said above. Many Muslims in the Middle East probably don't like it not just because of the Allah reference that was going to be in the movie, but also that they feel the movies make many references to Israel with the city of Zion and that doesn't go well with them either.

ragesRemorse
who really gives a whoop. It's egypt. There only a few steps away from the insanity of certain iraqi's. I' m sure movies is high on there list of priorities

HooT
Eygpt banned it because it questioned god. THose retards are talking about the singer Aaliyah that was to play Zee.

The Omega
It's a little on the generalising side to name this thread "Muslims", as there are quite a few who adhere to that faith who likes the Matrix as much as your aetheist, Christian, Buddhist, Hindi, Jew, (insert favourite religion here).
I mean... Anyone here remember the complainst about Reloaded because there was love-making in it?

Verity
No offense to any muslims but....they do tend to be a little over fanatic! It's just a movie!...It doesn't threaten anyone's beliefs, unless u allow it to! shifty

The Omega
Verity> You can find Christian fanatics who're as bad. It's not the faith. It's the fanaticism...

ragesRemorse
it diddnt question God. Alot of the dialogue was even inspired by the Bible.It doesnt question anything about religoun. Only what we percieve as being real. It relies heavily on fate aswell, thats the only thing i can see as someone thinking it questions God

lil bitchiness
are you serious?!?!?!?!?! confused

well my fave religion is budhism in fact, and i think Matrix makes many of the refrences to buddhism...as i mentioned before, the idea of all physical world being an illusin is a buddhist idea...big grinbig grin

JediHDM
I STILL get slack for that...in fact, my hall just skips over that ENTIRE scene cause they say there's no point for that scene...and they say Revolutions sucks, but, what do they know?

Verity
True! But I tend to see it a lot there! Just a thought! I don't have anything against any religion at all! But I just think that link showed to us was way outta control!! blink

Darkweaver
I don't think it was about questioning God.

I recall hearing many Muslims, specifically Egypt, not liking the movies because of the Zion reference, due to Israel which most Muslims are very against.

They had also removed the rave scene for obvious reasons prior to it's banning.

Verity
Well...tough,ain't it! roll eyes (sarcastic)

GABRIEL05
ahhhhh conservative extremeism. Where would the world be without our extremists?

JediHDM
Yes, what would you do without me...er, um...nothing, carry on.

lil bitchiness
have you guys read that whole forum..sad they like NOT movies we all love...they are eeeeeeevil apperantly *in grandpa simpson voice*

jiggaman8604
*sigh* as long as a belief in Jesus Christ exists, we will always be scrutinized for anything we (christians) do....Case in point...JIHAD!!!!!!!

lil bitchiness
its a bit extreme to start a jihad over a movie...confused

GABRIEL05
Bigger wars have been fought over less. Can anyone say Hatfield and McCoy?

JediHDM
Gabe> laughing yes true, true...although i dont think many people are gonna recognize the names if they dont live in the US, although there was an ENTIRE Loony Tunes episode devoted to them, if i recall...

GABRIEL05
yeah, but shit many people IN the US don't know who they are!

JediHDM
laughing laughing yeah, well, what can you say...?

SimplePriest
Gabe> ouch whistle

alic88
HEY! I AM A MUSLIM! and i was actually kinda hurt with sum of the stuff u all said. look, in a short way let me describe this 2 u: there r many TYPES of muslims. in islam it has been said 2 say prayers 5 times a day. bout 50 percent of the muslims population prays only like once a day. and they r the normal muslims. u know, the 1 who just get on with life. LIKE ME. then there r the extremist muslims, they r the ones who r crazy and the ones who have made islam look bad, egembarrasmentsama bin laden, sadam hussain. my point is, they r all extremists, dont count them as muslims. on the first page there was a link2 a message board reffering 2 ban reloaded. that is crazy. some crazy muslims would just get crazy over n e thing. but me, as a muslim, dont like it if there is a character played by the name of ALLAH. ALLAH for muslims is so high that u cant even imagine.

clavis9495
muslims are weird people and are just stupid for not watching the matrix movies like us therefore they will never get out! SUCKERS!!!

Raz
Religion-bashing is not allowed on these forums.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.