batman vs. spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batmanrules
batman: greatest super hero ever! spider-man: pretty cool
okay, for a long time i have been listening to ppl argue about this fight but now im going to put down stats on this fight.

strength: spidermans enhanced strengh would be no problem for batman seeing as how he beat up ppl like the hulk and bane.

fighting ability: batman knows all 127 different forms of combat in the world, and has mastered them all. spiderman has enhanced reflexes.

brains: batman has been all over the world studying and exceeding in the top colleges and universitys. spiderman has a university degree.

now guess who can kick whose ass?

Mr Parker
Like this discussion has never taken place before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

venomfan
true mr Parker, look a fan cant set the stats why? batmans martial arts aint a problem for spider man DUR spider sense he can dogde bullets batman cant throw a lightning fast punch can he? nope he cant. so you need to take a differnt angle. batman is more brooding and tactical not to mention spidey dose not really beat up his opponents, im sure bat's wouldnt have a problem puttin spidey in a wheel chair

ragesRemorse
batman wins.

venomfan
batman wins, im convinced, he wins alright

manjaro
spiderman. Why because its enhanced reflexes would make quick work of the bat's martial mastery

juggernaut26
ok new facts

batman has all those fighting styles and spiderman has beaten ever type on every type of man

batman has no super strength no super speed no spidersense and no super agility spiderman has all of the above

batman is smart but in a rawl and brawl fight it aint gonna help unless he has about 6 months to study and prepare for the fight

and spiderman has beaten most of his fows because he's been smarter than them not stronger and he has beaten the hulk before too

spiderman would have some trouble with batman but no more than his average criminal you wanna talk a fair fight for bats give him kraven(even though he's dead) or maybe doc ock then you may have a good fight but if bats didn't have time to prepare for the fight he wouldn't have a prayer of beating spiderman savvy?

kal-el
yeah, the bat likes all the rigid martial arts techniques.Spideys fight style is totally unique. He'd be batman's worst nightmare to fight.Awkward yet graceful, impossible to hit. Imagine spidey's leverage advantage coz he can stick his feet to the floor, he'll throw bats across NYC or swing him around with webs.spidey would be one of those that bats just can't beat.

Blade Cutter
Batman beating up Spider-man is like the Riddler beating Batman up.Bats has the brains to over Spidey but in a straight up fight Bats can't win with out a pre made plan and gas will not if there out side.Bane is not as strong as Spider-man.Batman can take strength,he can take speed,he can take enhanced reflexes,he can take brains,he can take super agility,but can't take all them at the same time and then you add spider sense.Sorry Bats is K.Oed in one punch and Bat's can't dogde all spidey's attacks he not that fast.

Herr Logan
I agree that Batman is the greatest superhero ever. I think Spider-Man comes in as an extremely close second.
I didn't read any comic where Batman "beat up the Hulk", but I know it can't be as straightforward as you're making it seem. Batman's is a miniscule fraction of the Hulk's. What's cool is what Batman does with the strength of a non-enhanced human. Spider-Man's strength allows him to lift ten tons over his head. Bane probably isn't that strong. The main point is, Spider-Man's strength is definitely a problem for Batman, just not an insurmountable one.
Spider-Man has defeated martial artists who could go toe-to-to with Batman. He spends so much time worrying and agonizing, it's lucky that he can be lazy during battles where only fighting ability is necessary. His reflexes coupled with his spider-sense make him more than a match for Batman.
Batman knows more than Spider-Man does in general. That doesn't describe brains, it describes education. Either way, I'd say Batman has the edge there, and that's the only edge sharp enough to let him win. If Batman knew about Spider-Man's danger-sense, then he could find a way to work around that. That would be his best bet. Then again, there is no context here, so we don't know where they are fighting, why, and what they have to use against each other.

punkyhermy
huh?!!there is no comparison!!!!!spiderman is a-well i'll spare th einsults
batman will win

Herr Logan
Don't you speak ill of my man, Spidey! I'll roll up my sleeves if that happens.
Spider-Man isn't as cinematic as Batman, but he's more interesting to listen to in fights and his moves are more exciting. He's physically superior in stats, but he's not as impressive, because he didn't earn it. There's room in the world for both the Bat and the Spider. Don't hate!

VENOMfan
really neither is better than the other.
Batman is DC's most popular single character easily
Spiderman is Marvel's
they both command a hell of a lot of respect

*im not talking about entire groups of character's like the X-men or justice league*

kal-el
Damn right they both deserve respect, but I think spidey would be bats' bogeyman.the one he can never beat.

LeAtHerRFace
BATS wud murder Spidey.

Herr Logan
Again you speak nonsense. Batman doesn't murder, ever. If he wouldn't kill the Joker (aside from in the movie, which was a mistake), so why would he ever kill a good person like Spider-Man? Damn, some people need to wait until a mature age before they start watching all the violent movies and TV shows...

punkyhermy
spiderman should join x men

Herr Logan
That's not going to happen. Not should it. However, I would love to see Spider-Man team up with the X-Men more often. The character who's most fun to see banter with Spider-Man is the Beast.
Spider-Man didn't fully join the Avengers, and they are a U.N. sanctioned, respected team. Why would he want to cement his already questionable reputation as an outlaw by joining other infamous outlaws? He needs better press than that, he's too much of a loner, and he probably doesn't want to join a team just so he could be the odd man out anyway-- he's not a mutant. I would like to see more crossovers with these characters, but the X-Men books are always so damn complicated and centralized, it takes some doing to work anyone else into their schedule.

punkyhermy
OKAY if he's not a muatnt,tehn what does that make?genetically engineered?nah,...uumm??!!!

Herr Logan
He's an enhanced human, punkyhermy. He was bitten by a radioactive spider, and yes, his body was mutated bythe radioactive spider DNA. The difference is, he wasn't born a mutant. While none of the X-Men leaders would actually exclude a metahuman who wasn't born a mutant solely on his non-mutant status, it doesn't make marketing or story-telling sense to put Spider-Man in the X-Men. What would he do, live on the Xavier Estate? He's married and living in Manhattan, which a bit of a drive from Westchester, where the X-Men live. Is Mary Jane supposed to move into a school full of mutants so that Peter can make a life decision that is completely out of character?

ash007
I think that Batman will outthink Spiderman

punkyhermy
smarts isn't the only asset batsy has u know....

SpyCspider
Parker is known for his intellect as well. Maybe his warrior and detective skills aren't as high a caliber as Bats, but he's time and time again proven to think himself thru tough situations. He's quite the nerdy kid afterall.

Batman's got the strength of an Olympic athlete. Spidey can lift 10 tons and the greatest agility. If I were Batman, I'd get so annoyed by his wisecracks and not being able to land a punch on him. But spidey is also careless at times when he's overconfident so if Bats can just relax and throw a smokebomb or something , he can possibly take him out.
I think this battle is similar to Spidey battling Blade or Spidey battling DareDevil...both heroes are known for their martial arts prowess.

Daywalker
I truly respect both of these heroes but i'm in the Bat's corner. Spidey's quick..............even smart but not invincible. Batman could lure Spidey into a trap like Kraven would and he also has a wide array of stun devices that Spidey would not be able to dodge. Trust me, Batman could take him. He has defeated stronger and faster opponents in his time.

VENOMfan
both could win easily, Bat's with some prep time could disect spidey, if the two decided too fight on the drop of a hat Spiderman would waste batsy.

Batman may have beaten more powerfull foes with no prep time, but Spiderman can hang with the likes of Firelord, and Juggernuat with out prep time, and once he slapped the entire X-team around((note i didnt say he could beat them up, he just held on long enuf to get away or call it a draw))

SpyCspider
more of this debate in the Spider-Man forums

punkyhermy
yeah that one is LONG!

Jason420
spidey would win but thats the problem with batsy he always runs away and gos back to the batcave its like stay and fight *****

ash007
I have to say Batman. i mean i would love to say Spiderman, but Batman is a master planner, i mean he has so many contingency plans he will find and exploit Spidermans Weakness. wink

Creechuur
I was just thinking about these two last night. I just noticed how similar yet completely different they are.

Take their alter egos. Bruce Wayne is rich, handsome, successful, he's got it made. He never has to worry about anything, just living that playboy lifestyle. Heck, his grandkids will be set for life. Peter Parker, on the other hand, cant catch a break. He struggles to have time for school, he can barely make ends meet, and his social life is a mess. Nothing seems to go right for Paker.

Whats interesting is that they both go out and fight crime every night, due to their own guilt and trauma of having a loved one die. Batman takes it very seriously, feeling its his duty to track down every piece of scum in Gotham. Spidey, I think, keeps his sense of humor and just does whats right.

Having these two fight just for kicks seems hackneyed to me. A good comic writer would find a way to use their emotional common ground to make a good story.

They would hate each other at first, thats for sure. Spideys snide remarks and witty banter would probably have Batman totally pissed. After a long battle which would most likely end with both of them broken and bleeding, one of them would say something about their dead uncle/parents. When they realized that they both shared a common reason for doing what they do, I think the fight would end with both having a mutual respect for one another.

Not as exciting as a big fight, but it would be a good story.

punkyhermy
I NEVER LOOKED AT IT THAT WAY BEFORE...BUT I SEE WHERE YOUR GOING, ANGST-LOVE IT!

techdude50
#1, batman isn't a SUPERhero, just a hero. #2, he can't beat spiderman, especially if spiderman sneaks up on Batman.
Spiderman has super strength and spider-sense. Also the webbing

punkyhermy
strenght isn't exactlythe only thing that makes a "super" hero.

who?-kid
Very true. Batman isn't just a superhero. He one of THE superheroes stick out tongue.

Red Superfly
I'm actually completely stumped on this one.

As you can all can see, these are my fave characters, how can I choose? It's because they are so well balanced in the ways of super-heroism, and the fcat that they are incredibly diffrenet, and very similar at the same time, that makes this fight incredibly hard to decide.

They are very similar, both have the motivation to keep fighting until their last dying breath, neither would ever give up. Both use long range attacks, and a bit of master-plannery, and both have a distinct fighting melee style (with Spiderman developing his own thanks to his mutated body, and Batman being a master in all known martial arts, how can they possibly counter each other?). It's a dead heat.

Personally, I would hope they team up and beat up The Silver Surfer, that lame-oid.

Lord Ryugen
It simply boils down to this. As usual if they were given time to prepare Bats could use his skills to lay a trap for Spidy which would probably result in Parkers defeat. But if they decided to fight on the fly, (mabye Spidy spilt Bat's pint in the Superhero lounge) Then Wayne's ass is going to have a very swift and painful meeting with Spidys foot

joesha28
I am a spidey fan...but do not under-estimate the Dark Knight. Batman is a Master Strategist. Even in the JLA... he planned his counters over his team members. But he can plan a strategy on the spot (in mid-battle). Bats has his gadgets and mind you the Web-Slinger's spider sense got numped by the less stronger and less faster Green Goblin. Batman could do that too. Batman's most dangerous weapon is his... mind. If not Batman would have been dead by superman's hands long time back in their battles.

wuTa
yea but its not like peter parker is retarded....i think some of you are underestimated his mind....he has to think quick on his feet all the time espicially when he runs out of webbing plus he out thinks the villians who are stronger than him to defeat them just like batman...i'm not sayin batman doesnt have a chance the guy defeated the whole justice league but in a straight up fight spider-man defintley has the edge on him but batman probly does think quicker on his feet since he has no powers....i dont know...everytime someone makes a batman vs spider-man thread my ansewer keeps changin so i;m gonna call it a draw

Asian Hulk
This pic of the bat is for Batman.when Bruce Wayne falls to the cave when he was a kid after his parents killed by an unknown criminals.then the bat looked at Bruce and soon become as Batman

Asian Hulk
this pic of the spider is for Spiderman when Peter Parkerwas bitten by a radioactive spider.then he could become as Spidey.

punkyhermy
It's batman who wins.I really can't say it enough times! A webslinger surely cannot be someone to defeat Batman.Though no one can say for sure coz no such comic is written yet but think about it...How does it sound??Absolutely ridiculous!

plenTpak52
Spiderman can lift 10 tons. He could literally tear Batman to pieces

Joker1237
I never saw Spiderman tear kingpin in two pieces. And Spidy has probles dealing with Kingpin.

blackwidowlover
umm NO!!!!
batman is nothing but an intellegent man
yes thats right he is just a MAN
he may be strong
rich enough to buy weapons of mass destruction
increadably smart
But so is spiderman
plus
spidey has supernatural powers..... hello!
he can sense an on coming attack plus his agility outmatches batmans 10 to 1
sorry but batman posses no threat to spidey in a conflict

Joker1237
So Spiderman can buy weapons of mass destruction too, wow I never knew that.

blackwidowlover
uh spidey isn't rich. and even if he was he wouldn't need them
because he has powers.

Joker1237
Batman can beat Spiderman, I would bet the house on it.

punkyhermy
You know...how many times has his 'spider sense' let him down? It's funny because ususally with that kinda power, the hero should come out of every battle victorious, yet he does NOT!

punkyhermy
And as i've said before, if batman and spidey are ever in the same comic together and they had to fight, the writers would make sure that batman KNOWS EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT SPIDEY. Batman is known for that.He raley meets anyone he doesn't know about.And spiderman really famous i can bet batman knows his possible weaknesses 'incase'. His parania helps hin with this kinda stuff.

who?-kid
And what kind of weakness are we talking about ? Newsflash, Punkyhermy (I like your devotion to defend Batman by the way) : Spider-Man has no special weaknesses.

Batman will have to find something else, but don't ask me what, because I really don't see how he will beat a much stronger, much faster, more agile guy who can dodge everything Batman throws.

Joker1237
Spiderman is not Superman, sorry Spidy has weakness

who?-kid
Of course he has, don't we all ?

But he has no weaknesses Batman can use against him.

joesha28
I think spidey still need to breath, and Bat could use some nerve gas. Spider-sense won't be much use than.

moonwalker741
10 tons? i always thought it was 10 times his body weight..

SpyCspider
it's 10 tons.

Mr Parker
I cant believe this thread is still on page 1. eek!

Mr Parker
Well that was always one of my beefs with the spiderman comic and cartoons is that kingpin is just an ordinary man with no special powers so spidey SHOULD have always easily have been able to handle him.Kingpin being just a normal human being,he never should be able to squeeze and crush a statue made out of stone like he did in the cartoons or he never should have been abe to survive being hit by a car like he did in the comics at 100 miles an hour.That is what I liked about the daredevil movie was they portrayed him properly like he REALLY is.He is stronger than most average ordinary guys, but in the movie,they didnt have him doing all these things that only a super powered person like spidey could do.those stories in the comics of spidey battling the kingpin were badly written because realistically he should EASILY have beaten him everytime.

who?-kid
So, the need to breath is considered a weakness ? Maybe you don't know it, but Batman also needs to breath...

Jargon343
There was once a Batman Spiderman crossover. My favorite comic book conversation ever was in it:

Carnage"You get the joke!"

Joker"What joke..?"

Carnage"That life is utterly meaningless...Totally absurd...And madness is the only sane response."

Joker"Oh...That joke."

Joker1237
That ant nothing. Here is what Joker said in the Killing Joke.

There were two guys in a Lunatic Asylum and one night they decide they dont't want to live in an Asyum any more. They decide they are going to escape. They get up on the roof and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away to freedom.
Now the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his freind, he didnt dare make the leap, he was afraid of falling.
So the first guy has a idea. He says Hey I have my flashlight with me. I LL shine it arcoss the gap between the buildings, and you can walk across the beam and joing me.

But the second guy just shakes his head. He says What do you think I am?? Crazy??? You turn it off when I was halfway across.

Jargon343
That one would have been great, however someone had already told me the joke by the time I'd read the comic mad .

Joker1237
Well Sorry hope it was not me, I got a reprint of the comic. I order it at a book store. But I knew the Joke way before I read the comic. I wanted to see Barb get shot. And to see how Bats stop the Joker in that comic.

who?-kid
Yeah, that was a great scene in the amazing "Killing Joke". For people who do not understand why Moore wrote this joke :

- Lunatic Asylum : the normal world.
- first guy : Batman
- second guy : Joker

Moral of the story : Joker does not trust Batman.

Great comic, absolutely one of the best ever !!

FLIPMODE
They Can both win!!

But after looking at the Harold Letterman Card I have Batman at 6 wins to Spidey's 4.

marvelcomics
Sorry to say,
Spider-Man would easily beat little batboy.
Spidey can bench press 10 tons & can dodge
lasers. So wtf r u little dc kids talkin about.
smokin'

Mr Parker
Marvelcomics why did you have to resurrect this god forsaken thread? mad

Paola
blink

use vs forum to talk about this....

closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.