Umbridge: warning, spoilers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
I was wondering whether anyone would agree that Umbridge is more evil than Voldemort. Voldemort has a tragic history; we can understand his ill directed resentment.

Umbridge however is merely a 2-D character. Umbridge just is completely evil and was never anything else, never having been given an existence predating Book 5. Even Voldemort has never, in the stories, sent Dementors after a child who has never harmed him, or done anything really wrong. We see that Umbridge is anxious to use the Cruciatus curse on no provocation - this would, as we know matters, be the definition for a Dark Wizard, one who would enjoy using Dark curses. evil face

Is Umbridge or Voldemort the more evil?

StrgzrCndyPixie
i agree evil evil evil woman i wanted her to die so much

Phoenix
Umbridge is simply a b*tch At least Voldemort is an evil mastermind!

evil face

Toms_Chick85
ok, im reading the 5th book fer da 2ed time...but i have a short mem so i cant remember...lol. anyways, wasent Umbridge a fallower of Voldemort?? if so....( and im not real sure on this) Umbridge would just be doing the stuff Voldermort told her to do. if u get wear im going wit dis. but anyways...i hate Umbridge sooo much. i also agree with StrgzrCndyPixie- i wanted her to die to. big grin but anyways, idk if anything i just said made any since...but o well lol.

LindsIsTightK
I just came in here to make a thread about this old wench, but it looks like there already is one!

I hate Umbridge more then anything! I just wanna jump into my book and kick her face in! I swear, there has never been another book that has suceeded at making me hate a character as much as I hate Umbridge mad

airangel429
i agree with PHOE!

bLooMiLiCioUs
ugh...god i wannated to strangle her to death when she made harry torture his own self for detention!!!!!!!!man that is one sick disgusting sadistic -PEEP- (tt word was censoredwink)

[Ms_dEaTh]
Umbridge= Umbit*h

I'm sure Everyone agrees with that. stick out tongue

~*~Dracos Girl~
she is such a b!tch!!!!!! god i wish she would die, i cant beleave some one that works at the MoM would make someone cut oven there own skin by writting( o wait i can beleave that lol) god shes ( to be) a lot worse then voldy. OK maybe not but you know what i mean big grin

Phoenix
nah, she's just a b*tch! she's Fudge's little groupie and she just hates Harry. She doesn't believe Voldie's back

Linkalicious
Umbridge made HP5 a sucess. As i can see by your posting about Sirus's "early departure" and the introduction of Umbridge that everyone of you people LOVE to be pissed off or dissappointed. How exciting would the 5th book be if there was no Umbridge? Harry would whoop ass at Quiditch, not have detentions, be able to have a D.A. meeting uninterupted, and the twins would have never left school, meaning they woulda never turned it into a swamp. Umbridge is a *****, but she's the ***** we love to hate.

ghosts
I hate Voldemort of course, BUT since I read the last book I want Umbridge TO DIE SO MUCH..................................................

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Phoenix
I hte Umbridge more than voldemort - voldemort does have vague reasons for hating everyone, she doesnt!

belldandy
im agree...
she such a... well u all have allready sayd it...
neather did i!! i couldn believe i could hate a character that much!!
what a b*...!! i HATE her!! ggrrrrrr!!

why do u hate voldemort?? or mybe i should ask... why do i dont hate voldemort??
after i read about the Umbridge, damn... voldemort doesnt seem to be that bad!!
what a wich she is!! jejeje

shaber
Exactly, Voldemort is a 3-D character, having a past, so it is difficult for him to be 100% bad. Umbridge just appeared in Book 5. As Sirius said, "the world isn't divided into good people and Death Eaters." Umbridge's evil is further demonstrated by her making the Death Nibblers big grin into the Inquisitorial Squad.

About Umbridge's forced and obviously false jollity (with the falsely sweet voice, pink Alice band etc) this reminds me of that devil in Spawn that dusguised himself as a clown when on Earth! devil Something of absolute evil that wishes to force a strained semblence of amiablility and failing miserably!

Phoenix
death nibblers! cool name! big grin

shaber
The Death Nibblers are the junior Death Eaters! big grin

Umbridge's abilities are very poor; the hag for instance, cannot get rid of the swanp, when Flitwick can in three seconds. I hate to think what Umbridge would be like with greater magical ability! eek!

Umbridge: "let's see how long it takes for the message to SINK IN..."

evil face evil face evil face

shaber
For those who read this thread:

You will have noticed that Umbridge knows about Sirius' contact with Harry, but seems to still think that Sirius kills Harry's parents... or does she? It made me wonder I have to say. Fudge was very emotional over the tragedy in Prisoner of Azkaban; he would have been very baffled and distressed to learn of Harry contacting Sirius. But Umbridge evil face does not seem to care... and we also know that Umbridge is in contact with Lucius Malfoy, as she tells Snape that Lucius always speaks highly of him. Does Umbridge know about Sirius' innocence? If so, as would seem a distinct possiblility, then how?

Umbridge is definitely evil enough to wish for an innocent man to get on the wrong side of the Dementors, we already know this... devil

nephalim27
Umbridge was such a b*tch I could barely stand to read the 5th book. It was good, but it just made you hate everything, Harry's situation, and even Harry himself for his constant hormonal whining. It was like one big anxiety attack.
But yeah, f*ck Umbridge. I hope she dies a horrible, horrible death.

Phoenix
shall we plot some horrible deaths?

heeheeheeheehee

evil face

Schizo_n_me
Yeah I'm rereading the book also (I know your not nephalim but some1 else was) and Harry's like a sarcastic and cheeky little bugger isn't he?

shaber
I think you are being a little hard on our protagonist. Lots of people are like that at fifteen and think of all he has gone through and how frustrating it must be with that loathsome hag putting him down whenever possible. evil face

shaber
I don't know if Percy got "Umbridgitis" at the ministry! big grin

shaber
Didn't anyone find the "pointed teeth" description strange? No other character has "pointed teeth." Perhaps Umbridge is a monster or mutate of some kind. That would explain its problem with half-breeds.

DarkRoan
yeah, I didn't get that, why didn't harry tell someone, god, I literally wanted to kill that woman!! I HATE HER SO MUCH! poor harry, when he had to write out those sentences and it was cutting into his skin! how horrible!

shaber
Can some people please vote that Umbridge is worse than Voldemort?

Ariadne
While Umbridge is just purely mean, I don't think she's evil - she's probably not smart enough to be. It's just that after OotP Umbridge has been there all the time doing bad things and Voldemort was just an ominous shadow, so Umbridge seems worse. But in the main scheme of things, while Umbridge could help Voldemort without directly trying to, it's Voldemort who's the one killing people and sending fear into the hearts of everyone who remembers when he was powerful. So what I'm pretty much trying to say is that Umbridge could make your life pretty miserable, but Voldemort would probably just kill you.

shaber
Umbridge sent Dementors to DESTROY Potter for no other reason than that he was embarassing the ministry! evil face devil mad

Pegasus
Umbridge is a complete b*tch!! I hate her so much I was wondering what i could do to her (hmmm Wingardrium Leviosa heavy objects at her hehe*)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.