Counter-Strike

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
Anyone play this kick-ass game! It kicks ass!

AkiLLa
0oo0 i'd ****in own u

AkiLLa
and y aint i invited to ur party? dats fuked up

BackFire
It used to be alot better, they've messed it up with recent changes.

Fire
most overrated game ever

AkiLLa
no and back ur rite the shield is gay... people exploit so much 1.6 is very easy to hack 1.5 is way betta but i still pwn in 1.6

Neo_Version 7
1.5 kicks a lot more ass than 1.6 But don't bash the shield s0 much! Its kick-ass!

Dogbert
1.6 is cool, but i really hate steam mad i always have to reapir mine cus it stops workin.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
cs was the best when it was like version 1.3. after that it was shit. too many hackers/cheaters and noobs...etc etc.... its too overrated.

BackFire
Beta 5 and 6 were best.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
smile yea

vvvrulz
I agree back there, kickass game but destroyed by hackers and noobs.

tptmanno1
yea too many hackers, that why i play CS in lan places only, cuz if u hack or sumthing they kick you out completly, but CS rocks!

Neo_Version 7
hackers suck ballz! I mean it! Jus waiting 4 Condition Zer0. Played the demo! Its awesome. But doesn't give you the "beta" feeling you had back then. Its more Rainbow Six typr gameplay. But c00ler.

Phat J
cz's too much of a team oriented thing, goin on a one man army killing spree is way more fun

DarkC
I just play Iceworld.

The Highlord
laughing out loud iceworld is the crappiest map of them all, I'd rather go play Quake 3 or unreal hahaha CS is worthless IMO, CSS now thats another story, 1 of my fav online games, I like Dust maps, Office and Aztec the best smile

SaTsuJiN
I like dust 2 , aztec , iceworld (the bigger version) , pool party.. and a few other maps by that crazy squall guy

shield was perfect in beta 1.6, but now its just sorta silly... its still legit though.. I killed 7 people with it (who could have easily taken me out if they had common sense) and they were like "omg you're gay" .. I'm like "riight.. and where is your common sense?.. s'what I thought.."

DarkC
Originally posted by The Highlord
laughing out loud iceworld is the crappiest map of them all, I'd rather go play Quake 3 or unreal hahaha CS is worthless IMO, CSS now thats another story, 1 of my fav online games, I like Dust maps, Office and Aztec the best smile
Oh, I liked Iceworld because of the fast-paced action and shorter respawn time.

StinkFist462
i love CS: S i dont play many maps i just play the following

Iceworld
Surf_Skyworld
Surf_L33T
Surf anything really.

DarkC
I've memorized the layout of Dust2, and still suck at it.

SaTsuJiN
heh just rox0r desert eagle.. its the only gun that I feel is 'controllable'.. every other gun goes mega ***** in 2 seconds after firing more than 1 bullet

El_NINO
I play 1.6 and I kick some arse!!!

Phat J
man i used to be ridiculously good at cs, and i tried playin the other day and couldnt kill a thing, so i deleted steam off my cpu, kids that play that game are such **** to you for no reason too

The Highlord
agree there are ALOT of stupit ppl on the servers, many that are always no matter what complaining about hacks every 5 sec, others have an attitude problem cause they got killed once and blame it on ''luck'', tooo many of these ppl

SaTsuJiN
lol... indeed.. nothing like killing 5 people by yourself to have some jerk call you a lucky b***h at the start of the next round -_-

crazy_shadow
counter stizick....

SaTsuJiN
http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/230857

this is one of the better cs flashes I've seen hehe

Smasandian
DOD Source is betterthan CS.

I only played it a few times, but really its soo fun.
And again, the Source engine is one of the best looking engines out there because its all about realistic graphics instead of Doom's graphics.

BackFire
New counterstrike is too sloppy.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by BackFire
New counterstrike is too sloppy.

and as fortune would have it, shooting through materials with lesser density than the bullet is no longer possible -,-

StinkFist462
what was in the new update for CS Source?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by StinkFist462
what was in the new update for CS Source?

August 10, 2005 (current release)

Changes/Additions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added validation of custom player model and weapon materials. Custom materials must be VertexLitGeneric with only $baseTexture and $bumpmap variables defined
Bug fixes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed "not logged in" error not displaying properly

The Highlord
Quastion

I just joind a server 15mins ago in counter Strike Source that is, and a in game server message appeard

your current rates are unacceptable, do you want the server to change your rates?

press

1.Yes let the server change my rates
2.No I prefer to leave the server

So my quation is, what is this rates thing? I've only seen this at about 5 servers in my almust 1 year play time...

SaTsuJiN
Quastion

I just joind a server 15mins ago in counter Strike Source that is, and a in game server message appeard

your current rates are unacceptable, do you want the server to change your rates?

press

1.Yes let the server change my rates
2.No I prefer to leave the server

So my quation is, what is this rates thing? I've only seen this at about 5 servers in my almust 1 year play time...

I think setting your rate allows you to recieve more information than people who are less computer inclined, and do not change their rates..
this is why cs is broken.. people are allowed to mess with most of the console commands to give them a boost in FPS, data rate, and even graphics to the point where darkness isnt an issue

The Highlord
ah the consol stuff, I never could even find out how to even make it show laughing out loud

StinkFist462
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
August 10, 2005 (current release)

Changes/Additions

Added validation of custom player model and weapon materials. Custom materials must be VertexLitGeneric with only $baseTexture and $bumpmap variables defined
Bug fixes

Fixed "not logged in" error not displaying properly

im talking about the new update they released a few days ago.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by StinkFist462
im talking about the new update they released a few days ago. steam considers my cs source up to date.. so I dunno

RedAlertv2
Man on CS S the new update totally f*cked my framerate, and the colors on the boxes and barrels are totally messed up too

StinkFist462
^ thats the update im talking about, it shuts down a lot of peoples CS S and it totally ****ed up my framerate

The Highlord
Intresting, I exspiriaced that shutdown thing a moument ago, dont know about the framrate tho, i'l have to check that out, oh btw how do i see my own framrate? hehe plz I need to know how to see it, and whats a good framerate in CSS?

StinkFist462
if it looks like its laggy constantly when your not actually lagging, then you know you have shit framerate.

The Highlord
Yeah but aint there something you can press or something that shows you the acurate FPS?

Hit_and_Miss
Here This should help you out... Its been a while since I fixed up CS for myself and can't remember what exactly I did...

http://www.btinternet.com/~cyberchimp/counter-strike.htm

The Highlord
ah yes, but why in the name of dose the game have to be like that, have rates, some ppl say if the rates are not good im cheating, WTF, I havint done anything I played the game as valve meant it to be played, also if I want to have a good rate not something nerfed to shit and not cheating what rate do i have to get?also how can I even get the consol to show? im playing CSS btw

StinkFist462
Yeah but aint there something you can press or something that shows you the acurate FPS?

go to the CSS main menu, click options, then some other tab and there should be an FPS test that shows how many frames you get. i got 66.7 FPS

Phat J
im thinkin of re-dling steam and playing 1.6 again.

does anybody still play?

DarkC
Play CS: Condition Zero instead, it's free too. A lot better than 1.6, IMO.

Phat J
too much team work in cz man, 1.6 is the shit. theres nothin like bein the last person and takin out 6 guys by yourself.

DarkC
Originally posted by Phat J
too much team work in cz man, 1.6 is the shit. theres nothin like bein the last person and takin out 6 guys by yourself.
I do that all the time in CZ. Play iceworld and aim maps, etc. thumb up It's all I do.

Red Superfly
Counter-Strike Source seems to be buggerred on my computer, it'll play for a while but it seems laggy. The FPS is constantly smooth, but the game occassionally lags despite my computer being way beyond it's requirements. 50% of the time the on screen text is huge, 50% it is normal.

I get random crashes, either jumping to Blue Screen or freezing requiring manual reboot.

My computer is well capable of playing this game on the highest settings. I can play Call Of Duty 2, Half-Life 2, Farcry etc all on the highest settings possible with no problems at all.

Everything is up to date with Steam and XP, and graphics drivers. I have a fully updated Geforce 7800 GTX for crying out loud.

The update has f*cked up. Counterstrike is f*cked at the moment.

SaTsuJiN
my only issue with it at the moment is that when the map auto switches.. it seems to take forever to load the next one

Red Superfly
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
my only issue with it at the moment is that when the map auto switches.. it seems to take forever to load the next one

You know what I hate? When a server takes forever to load because you have to download like, a million MP3 files that some cock-badger has created for the server, in order to add "wackiness" and "hilarity" to the proceedings.

Having Quake sounds in Counterstrike is f*cking retarded and people that add crappy MP3's of Dumb and Dumber quotes need to be shot in the head to death.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Red Superfly
You know what I hate? When a server takes forever to load because you have to download like, a million MP3 files that some cock-badger has created for the server, in order to add "wackiness" and "hilarity" to the proceedings.

Having Quake sounds in Counterstrike is f*cking retarded and people that add crappy MP3's of Dumb and Dumber quotes need to be shot in the head to death. rofl, thats so true.. although I usually just go snag some soda when that mess happens

some of the servers have even gone so far as to update the quake and unreal sounds to quake 4 and unreal 2k4 sounds >_< that means double the data

El_NINO
I propose that members of KMC should make a clan therefore if your a member of KMC add this to your name

--<<{KMC}>>--

Red Superfly
Or how about just:

Name here.

?

DarkC
DarkC, huh.

Play on CZ? I don't feel like downloading 1.6 or buying Source.

Phat J
im gonna dl it right now, ill post a server.

**** cz, its all about 1.6. stick out tongue

DarkC
1.6?

Oookay.

But I'm dl'ing it tomorrow when I have time.

RedAlertv2
Counterstrike is great.

DarkC
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Counterstrike is great.
Join the 1.6 KMC Clan!

Phat J
i suck now

ill post a server in this thread next time i play.

El_NINO
SOURCE is better, I dont know why you still hold onto 1.6 unless you cant run SOURCE yes

DarkC
Originally posted by El_NINO
SOURCE is better, I dont know why you still hold onto 1.6 unless you cant run SOURCE yes
Probably because it's not free?

Phat J
i cant run source, i might play it if i could. 1.6 is just brings back memories for me plus i can pick it up pretty easily after not playing it for a year. i have access to an account that can play source, ive never payed for cs. i just choose not to.

DarkC
My 1.6 has finished updating.

Phat J
wanna play a game? pm me if you do.

im goin to bed pretty soon.

Phat J
yeah actually, that goes for whenever, if anyone wants to play just pm me.

DarkC
What's your CS 1.6 nickname going to be?

Phat J
i change it all the time

lately its been Psalm One or Surgical Wit Tha 12

whats yours?

DarkC
Well...my Condition Zero one is Mr. Poo.

Phat J
well if you wanna play a game, we live close enough together that it wont be too laggy.

hit me up

DarkC
Nah, just post a favourite server or something.

Phat J
dont have one

i just pick servers that dont have a lot of people in them on a map i like

DarkC
dont have one

i just pick servers that dont have a lot of people in them on a map i like
They usually have at least one 24/7 server for any maps you like.

Phat J
this is true, but theres either too many people there or none at all

i have the most fun when i play with 4 or 5 people so tahts what i do

DarkC
this is true, but theres either too many people there or none at all

i have the most fun when i play with 4 or 5 people so tahts what i do
That would be aim_pistols for me.

Phat J
dust 1 or 2 for me, i like 2 more though.

new custom maps are fun too

DarkC
Get Condition Zero, damn you! schmoll

Phat J
**** cz, that game sucks.

do you want to play now?

DarkC
Nah, don't feel like it.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by DarkC
Join the 1.6 KMC Clan!

I only have Source

Phat J
i didnt really either, lol.

DarkC
I only have Source
Bastaaaaaaaaaaaaard!

mhm
i didnt really either, lol.
Why're you judging CZ anyways, have you played it for cumulatively 1 1/2 hours?

BackFire
Dark, why don't you get Source?

Phat J
nope, i played it for a half hour a few times.

im judging it because its not as much fun as normal cs, just like the people that played 1.5 said it was better than 1.6. its just because thats when they started playing. im a cs guy, not a cz guy. i know at least a handful of people that feel the exact same way as i do.

DarkC
Dark, why don't you get Source?
My computer can't run it.

El_NINO
Originally posted by DarkC
My computer can't run it.

laughing laughing

First it was because it wasnt free for you... and now you say you cant run it... make up your mind

your either broke or cant run it

DarkC
Originally posted by El_NINO
laughing laughing

First it was because it wasnt free for you... and now you say you cant run it... make up your mind

your either broke or cant run it
Both, actually. Now that I think on it. messed

crazy_shadow
i play quake3 a lot more erm

Phat J
thumb down

cs is better

crazy_shadow
thumb down

cs is better it got old too fast for me, nothing to do except the same stuff. lol

Phat J
true enough, once you get good at it though thats a whole other thing than just playing it sometimes.

RedAlertv2
Anyone enjoy America's Army? CS is better but AA is a good change of pace. It is a lot slower, with more strategizing and time to think in battle, etc, and its a lot more realistic.

Plus its free. Best part about that game

crazy_shadow
Anyone enjoy America's Army? CS is better but AA is a good change of pace. It is a lot slower, with more strategizing and time to think in battle, etc, and its a lot more realistic.

Plus its free. Best part about that game Oh god a slower game? I died when i got counter-strike and realized how slow it was compared to quake3. I can not play worth crap on slow games. No way in hell im getting AA. lol

The Highlord
Hehe totaly agree with above, Quake 3 is sucha thrill cause of its speed, nothing like running trough the map with the plasma gun and with quad dmg smile anyways CS, or CSS is just as real as I want a multiplayer 3 shooter game to be honestly, AA is no fun cause of its realisim, that and Delta Force is just to slow

SaTsuJiN
lol.. some of those pro cs'ers treat the game like its quake.. strafe *awp*...strafe.. jump.. *awp* lol

The Highlord
awp pfft, its to boring, I want auto fireing, its much more fun IMO cause you have to realy learn to aim and stuff

Red Superfly
Hehe totaly agree with above, Quake 3 is sucha thrill cause of its speed, nothing like running trough the map with the plasma gun and with quad dmg smile anyways CS, or CSS is just as real as I want a multiplayer 3 shooter game to be honestly, AA is no fun cause of its realisim, that and Delta Force is just to slow

Two completely different games, in my opinion.

Comparring CS to Quake is like chalk and cheese.

I love both, because I always win.

Phat J
the reason i like cs is because when you have to be so precise, comin around a corner and poppin someone in the head as soon as you see them is the shit, it jsut feels good.

Itzak
Yeah, I play it! w00t I need to update it though. blink *looks for updates*

Phat J
pretty sure it updates automatically, you jsut have to open the program.

DarkC
yes

Itzak
laughing out loud And that's exactly how long it's been since I've played it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MadMel
ive never played this....should i have?? confused

The Highlord
if you like multiplayer 3dshooter I think you should at least give it a go yeah

Phat J
its not fun unless your really good at it

The Highlord
thats why he needs to try it cause some ppl get it right away and some never get ahold of it

El_NINO
It took me about a month to finaly start pwning people and beeing at the top with at least a plus 5 in kills

Phat J
took me a long time, i got crazy good at it though. i had like 50 10 scores if i was playin all day.

The Highlord
Aw no 30 - 0's? stick out tongue I got a shiit load of screenys of those i got stick out tongue teehee

Phat J
nice man

most i ever got to without dying was in the 20's, i dont remember the exact number.

RedAlertv2
So who here plays Source?

The Highlord
Me big grin got Xfire? im up for some rounds tonight smile

El_NINO
I got Source

IcePunk
I've got Source big grin

Phat J
bastards with your good computers and upgraded games

Phat J
i just dled steam again, anybody still playin cs?

DarkC
I play CZ time to time, but World of Warcraft occupies most of my computer game time.

Blaxican Hydra
Masterbation I mean Master Chief..takes up all my comp time.

SaTsuJiN
rofl blax..

most people sem to like 1.6 better than source for some reason

one of my friends said he liked the higher FPS rates of 1.6

BackFire
1.6 was more fun. You could still shoot the guns while moving around, the game was more action/skill oriented rather than team oriented.

DarkC
1.6 was more fun. You could still shoot the guns while moving around, the game was more action/skill oriented rather than team oriented.
As is CZ as well. Soloing was more fun.

El_NINO
I recently bought Day of Defeat Source and Found that is better than CSS

Phat J
yeah i never really got into the team thing, like yelling on a mic and shit. i just play 1.6, the only reason id play source is to play with the people new to it. the only people that play 1.6 are the hardcore good ones, or at least the alright ones.

Infinity
css owns guys.

Phazon
Yepp it does!

MadMel
dont rub it in...just cuz i dont have it ( sad )

Phazon
PLZ cant you get it?!?! i want to pwn you big grin

Lyna303
i wanna get into cs... but i heard its really really hard to start out..b/c everyone is a pro...help?

Phat J
honestly, just watch people. go to a server and watch the person with the best score. i learned a lot from doing that. its all about one shot or two shot bursts and timing them so they coincide with your movement.

it can be a really good game and it can be a really really shitty game, all in all though i wouldnt recommend it because it gets really ****in addictive if you're good enough at it.

Swe_Bum
i rock!!

IceJaw
no2

Lyna303
honestly, just watch people. go to a server and watch the person with the best score. i learned a lot from doing that. its all about one shot or two shot bursts and timing them so they coincide with your movement.

it can be a really good game and it can be a really really shitty game, all in all though i wouldnt recommend it because it gets really ****in addictive if you're good enough at it.
huh...thanks, been watching my cousin play, hes in the middle i think, has his crazy good days and bad, never horrible though

tridnt
i recently bought cs .... but whe i come to using the cd key for steam ... the bastard has already been used ........... is ther some sort of publi server where you dont need the cd key????????????????

Lyna303
Originally posted by tridnt
i recently bought cs .... but whe i come to using the cd key for steam ... the bastard has already been used ........... is ther some sort of publi server where you dont need the cd key????????????????
i don't think so....sad

Blanka
i think cs is kind of overated

Phat J
you have to be good at it to like it and it takes way too long to get good at it

RedAlertv2
Just installed CSS again. Awesome game.

Swe_Bum
yeah it is... You want to play??

Lyna303
umm...frikkin a--

I just bought cs a few days ago and i installed it, then it asked me to create a steam account so i did, but when i tried to play it, it said that it couldn't connect to steam servers...

Please Help me

Phat J
i dunno, thats weird.

go to www.steampowered.com (if thats what its still called) and go to their faq page.

BackFire
I heard steam got kicked offline from a blizzard that hit the area around its headquarters. That may have been the problem.

Lyna303
I heard steam got kicked offline from a blizzard that hit the area around its headquarters. That may have been the problem.
Hmm, thanks, so its gonna be off for a while?

IceJaw
I heard steam got kicked offline from a blizzard that hit the area around its headquarters. That may have been the problem. Yup, that's right, I think their HQ is in Seattle.

Didn't affect me though, but my surrounding countries were for some reason. laughing out loud

Lyna303
Ok its working now, but I've realized that I am a total nub and need help with the hotkeys and any other tips people are willing to offer

Phat J
theres not really any hotkeys unless you're playing in a war3 server. if you are just ask the people in the game, its easier that way. you have to customize your controls to the way thats easiest to you.

Maestro
I used to play this game all the time, and trust me it takes a while to get good at this game. A good tip is to try and know how to navigate and exploit maps properly because it does come in really helpful on some maps like dust and dust2 as you need to prevent bomb planting, vice versa. This will only come into affect after you've played the map plenty of times so you know what to do & where to go hence it takes times. Also always have a quick switch between your primary gun and your secondary gun because when you run out of your ammo its easier to quickly get your other gun out then having to scroll through your arsenal, which helps especially for newbies.
When you die, always watch good players, learn from the best.

Swe_Bum
I am the Best evil face (at Css)

K73SK
Originally posted by Swe_Bum
I am the Best evil face (at Css) no ur not

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>