Episode VII, VIII, IX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Does anyone think they will go through with it?

If they do, Luke will have to be the bad guy. Yoda twice told Luke that once he starts down the dark path, it will forever dominate his destiney. And Luke turned to the darkside to defeat Vader in RotJ.

So who will save the universe? I suppose it will be Leia, but I'd like to see Wedge do it.

Ratcat
Never gonna happen. This old chestnut comes up time and again. There's no story to tell.

The Star Wars saga is the story of Anakin Skywalker. His salvation from slavery, his growth to become a Jedi, his fall to the darkside and serving the Emperor and ultimately his salvation and death.

ToMacco
oh well

yerssot
GL dropped that idea LONG ago

ToMacco
Well, I think he'll let someone else make them.

The greedy (edited by Dim) could make another billion dollars if he sells the rights.

queeq
No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

ToMacco
He shouldn't, but I bet he will. sad

queeq
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Get it now?

ToMacco
. . . No big grin laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

darth fester
they should do a star trek and turn it in to a tv series

or make ewoks caravan of courage 2

or even worse caravan of gungans

queeq
NO!

LanceWindu
It would be nice if they made VII, VIII, IX but they never will. Anyway's I have EU to pass the time.

darthyogi
Does anyone know where I can got hold of a copy of the Ewok adventures, Battle for Endor and the Caravan of Courage? I've tried all over and so far had no luck at all.

And to make sure this posting is relevant to the thread and the forum, here is this:

I bet Episode II will be better than battle for endor and caravan of courage rolled into one. wink laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

yerssot
yeah same here! Were can I find that?

jedi212guy
I remember seeing a movie with Ewoks in it long ago. I can't really remember the plot... No smart asses, it's not ROTJ. big grin

sand person no. 10
I often thought that perhaps there were 3 skywalker kids and that the 3rd series would be a battle between luke Leia and the 3rd kid, brought up by palpatine, obviously not.

yerssot
the death of palpatine and your thought... confused

ToMacco
What's EU and BTW?

ToMacco
EU is Extended Universe, I figured seconds after I posted that last one, but what's BTW

Ushgarak
By The Way

ToMacco
thanks, Ush

yerssot
can you figure this out roll eyes (sarcastic)
J/K

ToMacco
. . . figure this out! *holds up middle finger to yerssot* big grin

yerssot
you've cut off all your fingers accept that one?

ToMacco
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
you're hiding your dyslexia?

ToMacco
?mean you do what

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Jedi
I don't want to see it happen but I definately think there is a good story there for Episode 7,8 and 9.

yerssot
which is???

ToMacco
They could easily make three more!

Make Luke the bad guy! Like I said, Yoda told Luke TWICE "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." Luke turned to the darkside to defeat Vader.

queeq
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

yerssot
that's my thought exactly

Ushgarak
Tomacco demonstrating the principle there of 'Missing the point'.

yerssot
Learn to life with it! GL said he wasn't going to make it!

LaurenE147
Luke doesn't necessarily have to be bad. Anakin started down the dark path and he turned back.

Ushgarak
Well, Yoda;s line 'Forever will it dominate your destiny' does not necessarily mean youy can never change back, but you will always reap what you sew. Anakin paid, in the end, with his life. Falling is not something to be taken lightly; it's not a revolving door you ca keep going back and forth through.

But Luke did NOT fall, and that;s the point. A Jedi can lose his rag and not immedaitely fall- e.g. Obi-Wan in TPM. The step over the line for Luke would have been to kill Vader, but he pulled back from the brink JUST in time.

ToMacco
When did Obi-wan "lose his rag" in TPM?

queeq
Yes, was that rage uncontrolled or not. Not much of a topic for this thread, but that's an interesting question. He fought controlled, he was grief struck, but charging with a rage? I dunno.

ToMacco
After Qui-Gon was cut down, Obi-wan did have an angry look on his face, but you could also see in his face that he calmed himself down immediatly.

queeq
Yes, I had that impression also. But I'm sure Ush will disagree. big grin

ToMacco
Yeah, probably. Ush has got an answer to anything! big grin

Ush wink

queeq
Yep, and he sticks to it as well.

ToMacco
Well Ush? We're waiting!!!!!!!!!!!! smokin'

queeq
You have to wait until the sun goes down. That's when he wakes up.

ToMacco
queeq, I bet we could wake him up if we started slapping him? evil face

queeq
You're welcome to try, but I'll book a flight to Timbuktu first. I dread his fury.

ToMacco
nOT ME! big grin

queeq
That's because you are reckless.

Ushgarak
Sorry, guys, didn;t see you were talking to me.

Well I think one look at Obi-Wan's face at the end of the TPM duel shows him to be MASSIVELY angry.

yerssot
in the book that was also said and him trying, but because he tried he failed and QGJ died, so he had to do or do not, there is no try

ToMacco
*tomacco takes a deep breath, then shakes his head and hits himself.*

yerssot, what?!?!?!?! confused

queeq
I didn't get that either.

yerssot
Here it goes again:

Ob1 and QGJ tried to defeat Darth Maul. They TRIED; but remember Yoda: Do or do not there is no try.
So OB1 realised this when QGJ died and because of that he could defeat Darth Maul

ToMacco
Anyway, back on topic ( wink mods)

I guarentee that VII, VIII and IX will be made. I don't care what you guys say. Lucas will sell the rights to someone. And the **** will make more money.

Dim
I seriously doubt Lucas will ever hand over the rights or his story outline for those films to be made..

queeq
Indeed. he said making the PT was very personal and emotional to him. No way he is just going to SELL that.

King Jedi
Tomacco what's with calling him a "prick" all the time? mad Grow up!!!!!

queeq
Okay, To. Official warning here. I think Mr. Lucas deserves a little respect. After all, his SW is th reason why we're all here. No more of that.

ToMacco
queeq, don't threaten me. I'm entitled to my opinion.

George Lucas is no mosia, he's a movie director who created a film that people have revolved thier lives around. He manipulates this to make more money. He's created a false idol with the star wars logo, which is a sin, damnable by GOD!

sand person no. 10
err, tomacco (if that is your real name) its messiah, mosia??? get it right son.

queeq
You are entitled to your opinion, To. No one is questioning it, but you can mind your language. We keep it civilised here.

And the manufacturer of an "idol" is not too blame if people worship that idol. THey do that all by themselves.
I doubt that GL made SW for creating idol worshippers. If you can't resist temptation, I suggest you stay away from it.

ToMacco
queeq

No, I don't think George Lucas created the Star Wars world to raise an army and to take over the world.

I'm saying that he does know that whatever product he puts out with the Star Wars name attached, people are going to buy it. I don't think this makes him a bad person.

I've stated before that he is a financial genious. But he wants all the money he gets. He fired one employee, because that employee made it public that Lucas said Jar Jar Binks was good, because he'd sell a lot of toys.

queeq
So? One cannot blame Lucas for us buying his stuff. Lucas is a business man and when he puts something in his films that will sell a lot of toys, so what? No one forces us to see the films, no one forces us to buy these toys. Lucas is clever, that's all. And I'm sure he learned his lesson for putting in stuff that did not contribute to the story. JarJar is like that really, despite arguments that we don't know what role he's going to play.

King Jedi
It's simple, if you think Lucas is greedy and he's this and that, then don't buy any Star Wars stuff.

A lot of what gets made is because fans want it anyway. Can you imagine the reaction if Lucas decided there would be NO action figures for AOTC?

mah
yes. if they want to make action-figures to make money, and make kids interested, let'em. what matters is if the movie is good or not, for all i care they can make star wars- dog turd, i'd still be a fan to the movie, if it's good.

Ushgarak
As GL said in interview, he wished we all lived in a world where you didn't need money, but we don't, and he is entitled to try and make it.

ToMacco
. . . roll eyes (sarcastic) Just think about it.

Ushgarak
If you are thinking that that is a self-fulfilling point he makes, then you are way wrong.

He's marketing an item; so what if a lot of people want it? He's just doing what any reasonable person would do.

ToMacco
Has he given one penny to the WTC?

No. Greedy this one is!

Ushgarak
It's a sad world if you are going to define reed by doing things like listing people who have not given to the WTC fund.

ToMacco
I never said it qualifies you as a decent human being. I havn't given any money to it either.

But Lucas will make a BILLION dollars from AotC. He can give a few dollars to people in need.

Ushgarak
I am sure he gives a certain amount to charity, but even if he doesn't that doesn't necessarily make him greedy. In any case, he employs a lot of people and he advances a lot of technologies.

The net effect of GL on the world has been positive; he has brough innocent joy to millions. I don;t care if he has become rich off it or not.

ToMacco
I don't see him as the "Santa Clause" like you kind of do.

I see him as a man who has built an empire. He keeps every penny, and sleeps on a pile of cash every night.

Ushgarak
That can't be very comfortable.

ToMacco
I don't think it makes GL a bad person. I just think he takes what he has forgranted.

But I think Disney is the same way. They have built an empire on a false idol. Watch "Dogma"

queeq
Dogma? Why?

Anyway, GL makes money like the next guy. Don't preach when you accuse him of not giving anything to the WTC fund when you haven't done so either. That's hypocritical.

ToMacco
Yeah, but I have a lousy job and don't make dick. He's got lots of money.

Dogma, the scene when Affleck and Daman go into the Golden Calf place.

queeq
So? WHo said life was fair? Stop complaining and make something of your life.

ToMacco
I'm not complaining. And I like my life.

queeq
There you are then. Time to end this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.