Oops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Listen, I havn't read any of the books. So what the hell happens after the movies? Who dies? Throw me a freakin' bone here!

mechmoggy
Big Chewie has bitten the dust I'm afraid. But Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc so there's a bonus.

If your gonna start reading em, ease yourself in with the "tales of": -

Mos Eisley Cantina
The Bounty Hunters
Jabba's Palace.

All short, interwoven, stories that relate to characters seen on sceen from the movies (however brief thier appearance!).

ToMacco
Chewie is dead? Damnit! What's up with that? How did he die?

Ratcat
Hmmm, well it's all rather complicated but basically a moon fell on him...

Part of The New Jedi Order...

yerssot
Don't care wich universe you're from, that's gotta hurt!

ToMacco
A moon fell on him? What the. ? . ?

Chewie, if you see a moon headed toward you, get out of the way!

Ratcat
Would you believe it if I said he stood defiantly watching the moon approach?

Honestly, it's true...

Ushgarak
Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc

(shakes head sadly)

This is where the EU starts to lose credibility, you know?

ToMacco
How did Fett escape the Sarlack? We saw him go into it, and then it burped.

That's retarded if they say he escaped. That's like saying the death star didn't blow up at the end.

mechmoggy
Don't dismiss it without reading the story dude, he's half digested and escapes kinda in the same way he ends up in there - down to something in his jet pack going off.

If you like that story then you can find out more about how he escapes Tatooine when he's on deaths door if you read the Bounty Hunter Trilogy. Although that is a heavy read in my opinion cus' all the plotting, double and triple crossing can be hard to keep up with. confused

yerssot
He came out of the Sarlacc whitout clothes and the bounty hunter wich found him nursed him for 3 months

Ushgarak
I mean, did his demise in ROTJ leave you with any doubt that GL wanted him dead?

The EU did a lot better when it stayed away from recycling old foes.

yerssot
loosing Boba was a good move, untill I saw that he came back in the eu sad

LanceWindu
Which book is it that Fett escapes the Sarlacc?

ToMacco
yerssot, I hope you're joking about this bounty hunter witch. You are, arn't you?

Is the blair witch gonna bring back Palpatine?

Why can't authors come up with a character of their own?

Ushgarak
Yerssot means the Bounty hunter THAT found him, Tomacco. Although Foce Witch ARE in the EU (just ask Edna...)

But you are right. The return of Boba Fett and the cloned return of the Emeror were not exactly the high points of the EU.

Luckily, many other EU books have successfuly brought in decent enemies of their own.

yerssot
when we aren't talking about a superweapon

Ushgarak
Well, I am trying not to put him off too much...

But yeah, the superweapons weren't great either.

yerssot
so what's left now?

Ushgarak
Plenty. There is a VERY large amount of EU.

And as most will tell you, the NJO series is quality indeed. Though I haven't actually read any of it myself.

yerssot
Yeah, heared much about them.
But things like Darksabre and stuff: sad

ToMacco
Just how many books take place after RotJ?

And, if I were to read the most important, which ones would they be?

mechmoggy
I thought the Thrawn trilogy was excellent. I'd just love some books to come out about Thrawn in the Unknown Regions - he's such a cool geezer. cool

ToMacco
OK, what else?

King Jedi
I'd like to know this to. Cloned Emperors, Boba Fett returning and super weapons don't make me want to read the EU.

Julie
What will make you want to read EU? There are lots of books and comics out thers. It just depends on what you like. For example, the Young Jedi Knights is a children's series that follows the Solo twins. I, Jedi is about Corran Horn. The NJO combines lots of different characters. Even Lando has a trilogy.

THE JLRTENJAC
random bump. smile

Captain REX
...why? You KNOW that it isn't okay and never will be to bump without contributing something.

Happy_Sith
Is New Jedi Order worth reading if you are only into big characters?

I am none too fond of small time characters, like the non-force users.

Allankles
Always like helping people out with the EU. Well if you're looking for follow up to ROTJ Truce at Bakura is a good book to start, it takes place right after Luke has buried his father and is recovering from the Emperors attack. Luke's first test as a Jedi after ROTJ and the threat was pretty deadly.

Then you have:
I Jedi

The Courtship of Princess Leia (don't let the name fool you it stars the main caste with Luke mostly doing the adventuring)

Thrawn Trilogy
Then the NJO which had some decent books like Traitor

After that you're better off focusing on Vader stuff from the comics or prequel stuff or the Kotor comics.

The Legacy comics aren't bad and the SW: Dark Times comics are the best thing going in the EU outside of some Kotor issues and a couple of Legacy comic issues.

teck92
question

are thier KOTOR books?

I read the very last book of the NJO series and I have to say i understand alot of what happened through that book but it seems okay

KOTOR intrests me more i love Revan and the Jedi Civil War

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by teck92
question

are thier KOTOR books?

Nope the closest thing to Kotor that is out right now is the two-soon to be three Darth Bane books. However around the time the new mmo, "Star Wars The Old Republic" comes out a novel will be made about that time which means three hundred years past sine kotor. So I bet Revan and the Exile at the very least will get more then a fair a share amount of references. (that could change once we know more info of the game)

You could go and read the Dark Next trilogy and the Legacy of the Force series which happen after the NJO series and they have about the same rep. among fans as the NJO series has a whole.

The best books though, are featured in the Clone Wars/Revenge of the Sith Era. They are Shatterpoint, Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, The Cestus Deception,Labyrinth of Evil,the Revenge of the Sith novel and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

Captain REX
I never got around to Cestus or Yodabig grinR, but I have to agree that Shatterpoint, LoE, and Rise of Vader are epic books.

kotorfan
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Don't dismiss it without reading the story dude, he's half digested and escapes kinda in the same way he ends up in there - down to something in his jet pack going off.

If you like that story then you can find out more about how he escapes Tatooine when he's on deaths door if you read the Bounty Hunter Trilogy. Although that is a heavy read in my opinion cus' all the plotting, double and triple crossing can be hard to keep up with. confused

lol like in KOTOR when u could double cross both yuthura and uthar..

and yeah there is alot of EU to explore. but I hate what the tOR people did to the old republic. I wanted a KOTOR 3 but NO.. sad they just had to make it an MMO or MMORPG where ppl have to pay like 30$ a month or something.

well there might still be a KotOR 3 because tOR is 300 yrs after the KotOR series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.