The Marauders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
erm... I wonder what this thread could possibly be about...

llaughing out loudl

Maikahyandowen
Those guys rock! Except Peter, who is a pathetic piece of slime. I love their map especially.
"Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs Purvayors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers are proud to present The Marauder's Map"

Maikahyandowen
" Mr. Moony insists you have the personality of a damp sponge."

Kristina
Okay I have an idea what we can discuss about ;-)
What do you think about the theory that all the Marauders will be dead at the end?! It was just an idea of mine but two are already murdered (okay..one for sure) and there's just a good and a bad left. And I think the death off all could be a good metaphor for a new beginning, new generation etc. What do you think about that?!

XxSamanthaxX
I think that Lupin will live. But I REALLY hope the little mutant (a.k.a. Peter) gets killed off. He angers me. I'd hate to see Lupin die like James and Black.
Kristina, I'd never heard that theory about all of the Marauders dieing b4. Where'd you hear that?

Malfoy's chick
I absolutely love Prongs (James) and Padfoot (Sirius), I just would love to see what they used to do together. Especially after the conversation of the Professors and Madame Rosetta or wateva her name is

~*~Dracos Girl~
lol i was thinking about that as well. but i dont want Lupin to die but petter better mad . Him and Sirius are my favorite adults in HP and i still think Sirius isnt dead and i wont stop thinking that until the 7th ook is done.

Phoenix
Sirius isn't dead until I say so!! big grin

he still lives in my heart! *corny swoon*

chic_sxydiva
d'y think harry will find a way to contact sirius in the other world?

airangel429
Kristina I like your theory....it's a possibility. I don't want Lupin to get killed off.......but its a possibility. Maybe when he's a werewolf he'll just eat all the deatheaters!! Wouldn't that be GREAT! big grin

Also, I agree that I don't believe that Sirius is dead until it has TOTALLY BEEN CONFIRMED BY THE END OF BOOK #7

Linkalicious
I think Peter Petigrew's newly forged silver hand will have something to do with the demise of Lupin. Peter probably impales Lupin (*tear*) through the chest with his hand. I think everyone agrees that JK does things for a reason in her books and this could be one potential use of the silver hand. And if you guys are lucky, Sirus will come back as a ghost, otherwise kiss his butt goodbye for the remaining two books.

~*~Dracos Girl~
I think Petter will die saving Harry lol...cuz in the end of book 3 wen harry was talking to the head master he said that petter was in harrys deat cuz harry saved hes life by getting Sirius and Lupin not to kill him.

p.s sorry if i spelled stuff lol spellings my thing

Kristina
Humm....I also don't want to see Lupin dying! Like him very much, but I prefer(ed) Sirius! I am also not very convinced that he's really dead but on the other hand I'm not convinced he's still alive! I hate that veil and it's so dissapointing that we don't have any explanation what it is, where it leads to etc.
Peter Pettigrew will die, I reckon Voldy will kill him. But not before the 7th as Peter's still indepted to Harry.

airangel429
i think Peter will save harry AND end up killing Lupin with his hand.

Kristina
I don't think Peter will save Harry, that wouldn't fit to his characteristic. He wouldn't earn nothing by saving Harry. And remember: he ruined the lifes of his best friends just because he thought he would be safer on Voldy's side.
But maybe Peter's going to kill Harry and can't do it, because there's that debt connection between him and Harry.

airangel429
HE HAS TO...B/C HARRY SAVED HIM...Dumbledore explained that how Ginny and Peter were in debt to him (in d-dores words of course..not sure the word for word...BUT KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT WAS SAID!) big grin So Peter would save Harry to fix that. And then Ginny and now Harry owes Snape for saving him in book 1.

Malfoy's chick
I agree with airangel429

Kristina
Yeah, of course I agree that Peter can only pay his bills by saving Harry! But I don't see the point why Peter would do that! He doesn't seem to be a guy with a conscience! I mean, he can just say "Okay, stupid boy to save me, haha, how thick is he?!" but I reckon after that he wouldn't care about that. He wouldn't do anything for Harry if no one forced him to do that!

PS: Wo wohnst du in Deuschland?! Es ist irgendwie komisch, sich mit einem Deuschen auf Englisch zu unterhalten ;-)

RonzMyBoy
This is an out of the blue thought on the subject... Hermy reminds me of Lupin always behind a book prefect but yet always going with the gang... Harry is just a younger version of his father (i mean everyone knows that) And Ron is always right there in mischief(sorry bout sp) just like Sirius was with James... the only thing they dont have is a 4th friend that's evil... so there kinda like the young marauders... Dont cha think?

UNIQUE
yeah, ive thought that too RonzMyBoy... now (this is just a thory dont take me seriously) in the 3rd book when we first heard about Peter, Harry pictured him as being like Neville. theyre both round faced little people who dont do very well in school. what if Neville turns out evil?
i dont really think this could be true, Neville is nothing like Peter.its just a suggestion.

BOPRecruit 16
does anyone have pix of the marauders or their map?

RonzMyBoy
Omgsh that would be way to freaky for Neville to turn out to be some evil wizard's asisstant. I have pictures but only cartoon type, none from the up coming movie.

Antaraka
Sorry to break all u ppl's hearts but Sirius is DEAD. In the books anyway, about ur hearts, well I erally dun care. In the books, it was using the viel as something more than a viel...catch my drift? For all those who didn't pick up on it, Luna was talking of it as the afterlife or what ever, and they would seem them again once they died. Doy!

RonzMyBoy
Antaraka I have only one thing to say to you: WHAT?

Antaraka
See, yeah for the first time I didnt get it through, but as you re-read it, it makes more sense, and after everything everyone but Harry says, the that he is dead. Luna refers to it "we'll see them again adventually" (you see she was talking about her Mum, and Sirius) and she was referring to when they die. C? C?

~*~Dracos Girl~
i get what your saying, but i still say hes not dead :P lets Happy Dance cuz he's alive bunny

JRIndy
I hope Sirius isn't dead, too, but let's talk about the marauders when they were still young. I'd like to hear more about them, like when Harry was in Snape's memories. I thought that was awesome! However, I don't think that Harry is like his father. James is rather taken in of himself and I don't remember harry duelling all the time (though I really like the thought of this...). Anyway, Maybe someone could tell me where it says in the books that James was a chaser in Quidditch because I am writing a book about James and his friends and I don't want to get something like this wrong.

Luna150
im nt sure weare but it does say it. i think book1 right after macgonagle makes him chaser. i didn't like ajmes and siruis as kids cuz they was right stuck up litle brats wern't they lol. I much prefer fred and george weasly.

BOPRecruit 16
here's a fanart of someone's:

http://www.clear-rain.net/mei/gallery/h_mwpp.gif

(from left to right): james, sirius, remus, peter.

airangel429
BOP where's the pic??? Also I think that James is ALOT like Draco.

JRIndy
Hey...
At first I thought Lupin was a girl (on that picture)...

Luna150
JRIndy i thought the exact same lol i was going to post it but i couldn't be bothered cuz i feel like sh**

BOPRecruit 16
eh? how so?

really? i just thought he was a fruit... eek! evil face laughing

JRIndy
somehow I couldn't put my pic up. Last time it worked... I'll try again when I have the time. confused

BOPRecruit 16
http://tckingdoms.com/hpclique/top2.jpg

Remus, Sirius, James, Peter (same order as below)

http://alison.wyvernweb.com/images/diagon/tina_marauders.jpg

JRIndy
I found that second picture, too, last time. Bye the way, have you been to the thread where they put up a bunch of marauders-pics?

BOPRecruit 16
there's another thread? where?

Phoenix
bumping

BOPRecruit 16
since now that pretty much everyone knows what the marauders look like in the movie and there are pix, it would be cool if someone made a pic of all of them together.

midnightshadow
wheres this thread with all the marauder pics on???????
been wondering whatthey looked like but thier faces wont stay in my head! they keep changing, hehe.

midnightshadow
sorry ment what they. oops!

punkyhermy
The mauradors are the greatest thing J.K Rowling ever thought of.THEIR WHOLE STORY,THEIR HISTORY IS TRULEY HEART-WARMING.iT'S ATALE OF FRIENDSHIP, THE KIND THAT ONLY FEW GET THE TASTE OF....u know their innocence and the fun they had....it's soo tragic that all of them ended up ssooo sadly...it's like they were cursed or something..it's soo enigmatic and magical.I'm in LOVE with james...

midnightshadow
i totally agree, hope we hear more about them in the other books.
ireally hope wormtail gets whats comin to him!!

celestial_moon
it weird 2 think lupin's the last marauder (i dont include pettigrew...he betrayed them)

midnightshadow
i know its really odd..... but i dont think sirius is really gone(wont say hes not dead but hes deffinatly not gone) mobile

celestial_moon
i dont think he's gone but he is dead

angelsflame265
yes i like neville to much for him to go bad!! *chains neville to the good side* yay, those pics that people put up are good! anybody got any more?

celestial_moon
here's a fanart

punkyhermy
no really, is it just coincidence that all of them ended up tragically?!
james(dahling!) got blown up,Lupin life is literally ruined,sirius was on the run all his life than died,peter, how worse can his life get?! it's all so tragic...

punkyhermy
i hFD FOUND THIS AMAZING FANART SOMEWHERE ON THE NET I NEED TO FIND IT AND WHEN I DO, I'LL POST IT HERE

angelsflame265
yea there all tragic heros, by defntion anyway they all met there doom by something that wasn't there falt, but they got there by a flaw in charator (sp?)

punkyhermy
no ,i HAVE to disagree.what do you mean by "flaw of character"?James didn't die beacuse his flaws!he died because he gave birth to harry!lupin isn't a werewolf because of his character!

angelsflame265
oops there is suppose to be an or/and in there

BOPRecruit 16
so who do you think is the hottiest marauder? i would have to say sirius and lupin. not the movie versions. the one's that i imagined as i read the books and seen the fanart of.

punkyhermy
aaahhhh James is definately the hottest!!!!!his hair! and those hazel eyes...he must also have the right built with quidditch traing and all not macho but definately strong...

BOPRecruit 16
sense of humour, the build, and the sexiness/charms of sirius black love

punkyhermy
james had the humour too!

midnightshadow
i agree with BOP, black definatly. lupin is sweet but sirius just has that extra somethin love embarrasment

punkyhermy
well yeah ahrry describes him as "handsome" and doesn't say that about his father...even though he describes his mother as "pretty".Stiil though, james, just holding harry in his arms...i can picture him alright!it's so cute when someonme like james ends up as a father...aaaaawww

celestial_moon
i wonder how much james changed after harry was born?

airangel
^ i totally agree. JKR should write a book strictly about their tales at hogwarts...etc........... smile

celestial_moon
i think she wants us 2 leave it 2 r imaginations. a story might ruin what we think of the marauders of their adventures.

punkyhermy
yeah...i'd love to read some fic about james evolution from a careless jerk into a loving father...no really, it MUST have been so awesome to see James' reaction to hold Harry for the first time...talk about big change....

BOPRecruit 16
here are 3/4 of the marauders from the movie:

http://images.mugglenet.com:8001/poa/stickerbook/sb7.jpg

so far, there aren't any pix avaiable of flashbacks of them younger nor of james yet at mugglenet.

celestial_moon
i dont consider wormtail as a marauder anymore.

BOPRecruit 16
yeah, but this thread needed some pix major of them.

celestial_moon
true...

angelsflame265
there r going to be flashbacks in the movie?

celestial_moon
most likely not...i mean, there really was none

punkyhermy
there is one of lily and james!!!!!it is sssoooo sweet !!!they are dancing playfully while leaves fall on them....aaaaaawwwww...

angelsflame265
no thats a picture

punkyhermy
but it's moving!!!
my heart melts when i look at it...ssoooo tragic...so bittersweet...i love james...

celestial_moon
it is sad when u look at how happy they really are b4 they died.

angelsflame265
pictures in the magic world move remember? lol

celestial_moon
i know...but seeing their expressions...it's just odd 2 say they'r dead. i look at PoA and think that sirius will never experience freedom ever again.

punkyhermy
I KNOW!!!!it's like when your happy, life seems...endless...and for them it ended so abruptyly, even though it was a time when it should have begun!!!!!!they had just givenbirth to harry and obviously looking forward to raising him together and all....
sad aaaawwww life is sooo cruel...

punkyhermy
I was wondering, what was it that deflated James' head a bit?I'm really curious, it appears to be an enormous character evolution on his part...But it must've been something drastic,like a death or something...that might've encouraged him to fight for the good side and become the kind generous person he is known as now...I mean, c'mon! the James we see in the Pensieve is a bastard!really!he CAN'T be the person Dumble keeps reffering to...ofcourse he must have grown emotionally...everybody does...but isn't it...interesting??
sECONDLY, I want to speculate on how Lily found out he was an animagi.That must've been quite a revelation mind you...I'm thinking it's the same night sirius decided to play teh whole werewolf trick on Snape...I think James might've been with Lily out that night, than when informed of the crisis by someone, rushed to save snape.Lily curious could have follwed and probably started dating him after she saw how corageously he saved snape...interseting though...i Love the way JK leaves so much stuff in the story for up to us to think of...
so what are your views on the subjecst discussed above?

celestial_moon
well...i mean it might have started when lily was going out with him. u saw how sad he was when she yelled t him in the pensieve.

angelsflame265
for him growing up a few things might have happened to make him change, most likley death in some sort of way as you said. But who knows maybe he just grew up over the summer, sometimes ppl change like that

Tassie
It's like Sirius said, I suppose... they were all just young and care-free then..

BOPRecruit 16
the first time i saw an image of that moving pic of the potters dancing, it was an animated live journal icon. it's nice that harry has pictures to remember his parents by.

does any one have really great images of sirius/gary in padfoot form? other than the one where he's dragging ron and scabbards to whomping willow.

frozen flame
can anyone post the animation of the potters dancing?

BOPRecruit 16
http://pics.greatestjournal.com/userpic/4258685/11117 http://pics.greatestjournal.com/userpic/4258846/11117 http://pics.greatestjournal.com/userpic/5094933/11117 http://pics.greatestjournal.com/userpic/5095024/11117 http://pics.greatestjournal.com/userpic/5095065/11117 http://pics.greatestjournal.com/userpic/5175136/11117

Source: http://www.livejournal.com/community/hp_icons/1075968.html#cutid1

celestial_moon
wow...kinda sad.

punkyhermy
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
www!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LILY!!!!!!!!!JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OHH GGOODDD!!!!!!!THIS IS SSOOOOOO CRUEL!!!!!!!

frozen flame
Thanks for the link! big grin

pottermad
totally ^^

BOPRecruit 16
no problem! ^.^

those icons of harry looking sad and sittin' on his bed, i think that is the scene just before or after he blew up his aunt marge and needed to run away...i think.

punkyhermy
wwwwwwwwwwwhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
i feel soooooooooo bad for harry

orient_celts
Same here. That map was absolutely creative. When Snape questioned Harry what the parchment was all about, another set of writings appear on the parchment, telling the professor to butt out . smile

orient_celts
*sniff* thanks for the link. I had goosebumps when I saw that scene. Harry's parents dancing, so in love, looking forward to the future in raising their son.

Padfoot15
Yeh, it's so sad!! I really feel soo sorry for Harry!

sad sad sad sad
I love Remus and Sirius!!! They're the best!!! (or were... Waaahhaaahaaa *sobs uncontrolably*)
But what do you guys think of Remus having something with Lily? Because there are hints that way in the movie! (yes I have read the books a million times and I know that it dosen't say anything like that in there!) I think it just wouldn't be right, if it was like that! (Remus/Lily!!!sick )
But I think that Wormtail wasn't evil when he went to school, maybe he got scared into becoming a death eater after. I do agree that he is a worthless piece of slime, and he deserved the dementors kiss!! But it's not fair to not draw him on pictures of the young marauders, because he wasnt evil then.
smile

orient_celts
The chapter about Moony, Prongs, Padfoot and Wormtail (I think was the title) is my favorite section of the book. I was at the edge of my seat reading it and had high hopes it would end up on screen too. Anyway, I've recovered from my slight shock.

About Remus, maybe it wasn't like that at all. I had thought that since he was close friends with James, he could have come to know Lily and found out that she had a kind soul, a trait that endeared to him. Or else, I'm so way off about this.. Sorry for interpreting the scene to death.

I also thought that Wormtail wasn't evil before... I mean, they invented the marauder's map together. If he was bad at the start, I don't think they would have included him in the group. Wormtail changed along the way and sided with the You-know-who instead.

Well, only my thoughts.

BOPRecruit 16
to refresh my memory, the marauders were at hogwarts what year? i know it's somewhere in the 1960's, but when exactly...hmm...*shrugs*

Padfoot15
I think 1970, but it never says anything accurate in the books. it only says (again and again) that
"though still quite young, Lupins face already showed signs of age"
or something like that. Lupin is still quite young, so all the others are still young too, because they're all the same age.

angelsflame265
They should be somewhere in their mid-30s I should think, thats always how I pictured them

Padfoot15
uh, and here are some links big grin

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timelines/timeline-classes.html

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timelines/timeline_potters-old.htm

Padfoot15
embarrasment don't think they work... just go onto www.hp-lexicon.org , delving into harry potter, then onto timelines. Sorry! embarrasment

BOPRecruit 16
me too, hotter that way eek! happy love but i think they're in their early 40's...*shrugs*

BOPRecruit 16
okay, in sirius's stats there at hpl, it says that sirius was born in 1960 and died in june 1996...he was at hogwarts...1971 to 1978. same for the other marauders. also, all in gryfindor! *duh*

soo....they are all in their late 30's in the books...about 36 for sirius when he died. *sniff*

angelsflame265
bumping smile

Padfootlover
I think they're in their early thirties too since they said Lupin was still quite young. If Wormtail kills Lupin he will have (indirectly in the case of Sirius) killed all his friends and I'll kill him. Actually, I'll kill him and Bellatrix anyway. Sirius is probably gone forever, but Harry may still be able to talk to him. If not, he'll live on in fanfic and our hearts.

angelsflame265
thats one reason why i love fanfiction yes

auror_chk
cry

angelsflame265
*gives auror a tissue*

orient_celts
Oh, I loved this pic! Thanks BORRecruit. Thanks for posting. There's a Marauders pic thread.. where is it? smile

orient_celts
I don't think my heart can't take another loss. Lupin's the last of the Marauders. sad I do hope Peter will get his due but not in expense of Lupin.

jeffer_wrote
Silver hand, is it? I think we are thinking along the same lines, Linkalicious....if Peter does have a reforged hand, why then did it have to be silver? and silver's about the only thing that could do mortal harm to a werewolf, right?

oh boy....the Marauders are really going to be no more, huh? well, at least, here's to hoping JK makes them go in a balze of glory......can't say much about Peter, though....smile

APirateMonkey
OMG that pic is awsome

jeffer_wrote
(can't believe i am doing this, but....oh heck, here we go....)

MAJOR BUMP!

Scar
Oh! thanx 4 bumping man! that pic is wonderfullllllllllllll!!!!! eek!

angelsflame265
why must we bump this thread? u think it would stay up with how much we love these guys! (well 3/4 of them any way)

Sauron
James gave birth to harry?

Wow, so..what did lily do?

~*~Tassie~*~
I don't usually like wasting a whole post on a laugh stick out tongue but..

laughing

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sauron
I hope wormtail kills lupin

while harry is there

hotsauce6548
I just thought of something. Okay, JK never wrote how Harry got the Marauders Map back, but she explains on her site that Harry simply went into the office and got it back. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the map was used once during the fifth book. Even at times like when he snuck into Umbridge's office, he only had his Invisibility Cloak and Sirius's knife.

Any thoughts on this?

Kitoky
Harry was indeed not thinking at all in the 5th book - he didn't put much thought into his actions when he really needed to so I think he was really just blinded by everything that's why he didn't think about the Map.

luna_rox!
he used the map in the fifth book to make sure that everyone got home safely to their dormitories after the DA

Raven Guardia
ture, I remember that luna rox

Kitoky
*thinks* Yeah he did didn't he - but he also got caught himself right? And his map got taken by Umbridge? *shrugs* I'm re-reaidng the 5th book right now.

~*Auror_Chk*~
does he get the map back at the end of it all tho??

morbidviper
You know what gets me is... instead of having neville, ginny, etc. be captured by malfoy and company... they could've just used the map and avoided it all in the first place. wacko

LadySlytherin
well i guess he has to hasnt he? i mean, its not like moodys going to keep it aye? hmm....post something if you find anything in the end of the 4th/beg of the 5th book.

airangel
if they used the map for everything then there would no struggles...etc...it'd be WAY to easy

angelsflame265
I wonder how advanced it is to make a map like that. It sounds like some hard magic

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah but cool

ladygrim
smile

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin

ladygrim
heehee

ladygrim
i think a man wud die if he gave birth... ....sorry

i have that pic on my wall tho its in blak and white its still good

ArrghPirateGirl
laughing

"Mad Eye" Moody
I wasn't in the cool gang at school. But I'm doing very good in my career and my life. Maybe being in the cool gang doesn't mean that u will be success in life after school?

"Mad Eye" Moody
What do u think about this? And them?

SVAK
well, although we never heard a lot about their pranks, i think Fred and George are kings of wreaking havoc at Hogwarts. Sure, they had help by the Marauders (especially their map) but the pupil should always exceed the master wink

ladygrim
mostdef

~Air Angel~
merged

Merry Lover
Heehee, I found some pics that might interesst people! big grin

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/fanq/c/a/caitrin2/snape_marauders.jpg.html

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/fanq/p/o/pouliot2/moony.jpg.html

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/fanq/j/a/jamie87/evil_moon.jpg.html

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/fanq/g/o/goldseven2/wp_shoulder_to_shoulder_col.jpg.html

And here's my all time favourite:

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/fanq/g/o/goldseven2/wp_marauders_col.jpg.html

There, that'll do for now, I just hope they work... Otherwise just cut and past the adresses. big grin

"Mad Eye" Moody
Moody likes the Marauders....

row476
OHHHH those pictures are really cool!!!! Any others to look at? I especially like the last one.... VERY 70s.

ladygrim
kewl pictures peopel

Merry Lover
There are heaps of pics on Elfwood... Just cilck on one of my links and next to the pic it says what kind of tour its part of. Go on the tours, it's really worth it! big grin

row476
okay! Thanks big grin

ladygrim
there good pics

el-pirate
cool!! still like this site best= http://www.artdungeon.net/
and, i don't know if anyone has said this in the biginning, but you were talking about all the maraudes dying.. i think they will. maybe remus will be killed by peter with his silver hand, but maybe peter dies saving harry after that! cause there has to be a reason why they let him join the marauders! they can't be so stupid that they didn't see what kind of a sneaky****************** peter is! (and dumbledroe said something about peter owing harry something!)

row476
I really like this one!!! (if I can attach it...)

row476
yea!! it attached! anyways... big grin love happy

el-pirate
or this one! he has the perfect hair!!! happy love

row476
That's Sirius right? Not to go off topic... erm.. well yes i am going off topic but he was VERY VERY attractive when he was younger.. love big grin

el-pirate
i know!!! happy love *dreaming in front of my comp, as i have this picture as my background... happy *

row476
ohhhh good idea!! drool

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>