The movie Willard and the movie Wrong Turn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pirate_Girly
I just rented both of them yesterday and they were pretty good. Has anyone seen these? and if so did you like them or not?

Willard was a cool movie but it was a little slow and the ending could have been better

Wrong Turn was great and i didnt even suspect the black haired tan girl to get killed, that caught me by surprise Lol.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Willard was strange. and Wrong Turn was awful.

Pirate_Girly
well i dont think so

h0ck3yh0rr0r
well everyone has opinions.

Pablo G
I haven't seen Willard, but Wrong Turn was cool.

Evil Dead
Willard was refreshing.........an offbeat movie that didn't follow the generic teen horror genre formula. Good story.......good acting. I liked this movie alot. It was unique.

Wrong Turn........god I hated this movie. It was awful. I expected everybody to die except the two who survived.....and this was when the car accident first happened. Could they have displayed the formula any clearer? The idea was weak.....the acting was really weak.....The most horrifying thing about this movie was the dialogue. It gives me the chills just thinking about it. Good example:

Eliza Dushku says at one point, "let's show these mother fugs" or something like that. What the hell? Okay....you want a PG rating so you can't say "mother ****er" in the movie or it will get an R......why put the damn line in there? Why not say, "let's show these imbred bastards"? It was so cheesy and gay. Little thought went into this movie and it showed.

Cowboyography
its people like you guys that say wrong turn was good that gives us horror viewer a bad name!!! those necks in Wrong turn were so lame. Rent deliverance there is how a real redneck thriller is done!! as for willard it was ok, Crispin glover is cool, go rent the original, oh you didnt know there was an original? get the hell outta this forum!! and then go rent Ben, you probably have no idea what im talking about now if you liked wrong turn!!

Dario Argento
year, deliverance is awesome. it has some of the best rednecks ever.

lil bitchiness
How can saying that 'Wrong Turn' was good give other horror viewers a bad name?! What the f**k?

I liked the movie..it entertained me..thats what i want from the movie...to entertain....it didnt entertain you and you didnt like it, and thats fine, but how is saying that someone liked 'Wrong Turn' give you the bad name?!

Pirate_Girly
i agree with lil_Bitchiness, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion i understand that, but im about to lay an opinion down about Cowboy's remark..
Just because we like a movie you dont like doesnt give Me, or any of the viewers a bad name. And i dont really understand you..I liked willard and i liked wrong turn...but you said Wrong Turn sucked and Willard was better...but the thing is Wrong Turn was more realistic than Willard....What man can talk to and control rats????? I doubt there are any. Things from the movie Wrong Turn could happen, im sure....

lil bitchiness
Yeah...that was my argument first time arround when i as arguing about Wrong Turn..no one seems to like it....i do, dont care about others...big grin

khalla
I'm not really a horror movie fanatic but my bro rented the movie wrong turn while we were at my friends house and he like made me watch it! It did creep me out alotta gore but the insest dudes creeped me out! ALOT!!!!

slayer
I luved it 1 of the best movies of the year Willard was great 2 own them both!

BackFire
Wrong Turn wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't anything special.

lil bitchiness
Yeah..i think i agree with that...it wasnt anything special..maybe because it had taken some of its ideas from other movies...

Cowboyography
Wrong turn was to cliche, Everything done in that movie was stolen from another flick. OK OK there is nothing original anymore and I RElize that. The only thing original is the really really bad costumes the bad guys wore and the miraculous leaps that our heros can make from extreme hieghts and be ok. also Dushku over acted the part so much, She acted so overly tough and so dependent it was laughable. anyway like I said go rent Deliverance and the original Willard/Ben then you will see why Wrong turn and the new willard are so inferior.

Evil Dead
The worst thing about Wrong Turn (other than the dialogue) are the "imbred" people.............they don't look imbred, they look like aliens. The family in TCM looks more imbred than the family in Wrong Turn. Two of the three guys in Wrong Turn look like the alien "Station" from the movie "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey".

Cowboyography
yep evil dead, you hit it on the head. the creature from the black lagoon in the 50's looked more real than the necks in wrong turn.

Evil Dead
Seriously........I'm not playing. Watch the movie "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey"...........two of the three imbreds in Wrong Turn look EXACTLY like Station (the alien they found in heaven who builds the robot Bill and Ted's for them to battle the Evil Bill and Evil Ted).

Cowboyography
the only thing that Wrong turn had going for it was no CGI god i hate CGI!!!! sry ive been in the matrix forum trying to tell people just how bad CGI really is for hollywood!

Punker69
I saw WILLARD but not Wrong Turn.Willard was good but it was slow and it could have been better.

Evil Dead
yes it was slow..........yes it could have been better........still a very unique movie. Great acting......great cinematography.

BackFire
I'm still turned off by the fact that he controls rats....seems a little to silly for my tastes....

Evil Dead
'tis no more silly than imbred space creatures living in a shack in the mountains of West Virginia.

ragesRemorse
Umm, you call imbred space creatures living in a shack in the mountains of west Virginia silly? Silly as it may be it is very accurate. Actually calling most of west virginians imbred space creatures is on the line of a compliment to those hoopies.

I cant stand any movie based around rats. Just seems pointless to me, no matter how good the movie may be

swordmaster
"'tis no more silly than imbred space creatures living in a shack in the mountains of West Virginia."

I'd have to agree with you on that.

sandman
i watched wrong turn simply because i am in love with eliza dushku

Curl_Up&Dye
'WILLIARD' is a remake of 'BEN', which came out during the 1970's.

lil bitchiness
What the f**k? where did you get the space part?! Im sorry, but inbreeds living in the mountains is far more beliavable than someone who controls rats...

Im sure you all already know, but inbreeding CAUSES people to be disfigured and disabled...everything from mental diability to physical disability..thats a scientific fact!

Evil Dead
"where did you get the space part?!"

They do not look human at all. As previously mentioned, two of the three "imbred" people are almost exact copies of the alien called "Station" from the movie "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey"...........

stinkfist462
wrong turn = wannabe TCM

ragesRemorse
even if they werent space creatures, which i think would have made the movie good. Eigther way they werent human. They had superhuman strength. Inbreeding doesnt give you super human strength.

lil bitchiness
No, true, but how many of them actually fought back?! The guy that did fight back, won, adn set the house on fire blink
The reason why most of them died, was the traps the inbreeds set...and the girl in the tree dying episode (which was funny) happened cos he came behind her....

stinkfist462
lol... that was funny in wrong turn........ those dudes... lol.. the killers i mean..... lol....... the dude gets shot with the biggest ****ing gun... lol.....

Evil Dead
"'WILLIARD' is a remake of 'BEN', which came out during the 1970's.".........Curl up&dye

Incorrect sir.......Willard is a remake of Willard which came out in '71.........Ben was the sequel to Willard which came out in '72 and is ofcourse focused on Ben, not Willard.

lil bitchiness
Curl up&dye is a girl stick out tongue you called her a sir!

Evil Dead
my apologies.........I was unaware of that. I just clicked on her profile and I'll be damned......you are right!

replace the word sir with ma'am.

sandman
i would think wanna be deliverence more that TCM

or maybe a combo

lil bitchiness
I dont know...maybe its because of that that most people hate it...it is working on the same principle as the TCM of course...and instead of a key character being the 'bad guy' ie leatherface, the key characters are the good guys....blink

Horror_Freak
I reckon the killers were pretty funny myself but mostly the little one he reminded me of gollum out of Lord of the Rings. I thought Wrong Trun was a great movie for what they had. Eliza Dushku was good a real smartass. But I do agree they could've done better. I confused you guyz are saying that it's a horror when on the movie thingy is says it's a thriller which one is it?

Horror_Freak
trun*

Horror_Freak
turn* shut up I know how to spell LoL

Horror_Freak
Evil Dead they looked like aliens cuz it was YEARS of in-breeding not just once, twice, three times or even four times it's more like seven times of course they don't look like friggin humans. No offence

Evil Dead
actually horror freak........they look like aliens because the makers of the film couldn't come up with a decent, thrilling plot............so they had to resort to the ol' "visual scares" tactic by making the villains look like evil monsters. Ofcourse the "evil monsters" had nothing to do with the plot because the main villains are humans, even if imbred...still human. This was ofcourse ignored because the only way they could market this turd as a horror movie was to provide some kind of scare....since their plot did not include any scares they had to create visual scares with the space alien hillbillies.

BackFire
Wrong turn just combined all the cliche aspects of horror films, but messed it up somehow in the mix.

girneto^_^
I own willard. Havent seen it yet. I own a zillion dvds and havent watched a single one. except for red dragon adn Hannibal.

girneto^_^
**and**

andyF1
Wrong Turn was great and i didnt even suspect the black haired tan girl to get killed, that caught me by surprise Lol.

if that had been me she jumped out on early in the movie, she would of died then evil face

good movie though

Evil Dead
Here it is three months later............and Wrong Turn is still a boring waste of time..........Willard is still a unique movie with great acting. Both copied pre-set formulas and whatnot from older movies.......except Willard chose better movies to copy (most notably Psycho) and did it correctly.

If I were ranking modern horror movies........Wrong Turn would come in below Ghost Ship and Cabin Fever. Willard would be in a class of it's own.........

Pirate_Girly
heheh

SlipknoT
Bill and teds bougus journy rock

SlipknoT
The imbred's in wrong turn reminded me a little bit of the imbreds in that one X-Files episode, but the x-files episode was better and the imbreds looked better

ragesRemorse
you know i have the ultimate anti drug ad for you guys. After i first saw wrong turn i actually thought it was a good movie. I even defended it on KMC. One thing i diddnt take into consideration was that i had large amounts of alchohol and illegal substance in my body. Now last week i was very enthuised about my friend buying wrong turn. I sat down and watched it. After words i was glad i quit drinking. i have seen many a movie. I know a movie is crap. I will be the first to admit it even if i am one who likes the same crap movie that i am butchuring. Well i actually thought Wrong turn was a good movie after watching it drunk and high. So before you think about doing illegal drugs or alchohol please think about the movies you might watch and give good reviews about to your friends before you endulge in brain cell depleting substances. i learned this the hard way with wrong turn

Pirate_Girly
lol i made this thread with a fill pledged opinion about both movies and it hasnt changed yet. I wasnt even under the influence while watching them either

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.