whats the best ever marvel film??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rawcus
decision decisions

SlayerChick1188
OMG is there any contest???? X2 is not only the best X-men movie but also the best MARVEL film too!

It had all the best stuff: THe actors were amazing big grin *cough* hugh *cough* big grin the effects were awesome, and the story was great....CAN"T WAIT TILL X3!!!

Kes
X2 of course big grin

But this belongs in superhero movie discussion so...
moving--moved

Spiderman by far

And Spiderman 2 will make this no contest

Magee
WTF!!! has anyone actually seen blade and blade 2.
Defnatley the best marvel movie of all time!!

bester
Absolutely X-men's first movie!

TMWATA
x2 it had the great story and it had that scene when you saw strykers computer screen and it had all the names like gambits name and emma frost and loads more..

ragesRemorse
The only ever comic book that stays totally true to the essence of the original comic book character is the original batman. When your talking marvel though it has to be spiderman. That movie is near perfect in every department from character adaptation, to fighting techniques and sequences. X-men just takes to much of a original outlook on the characters. I mean damn Singer actually kind of butchard the x-men to bring them into his own vision, and the action is no where as beautifully excecuted in spiderman. Batman or superman is still the best comic book movies. No comic book movie will ever be better than the original batman or superman

Darkweaver
You left out Howard The Duck. big grin

SlayerChick1188
eek! NO! NOT THE DUCK!!! laughing out loud

Darth Vicious
I voted for X2 since im an X-men fan and it was better than the first but it could easily be a tie between X2, Spider-Man and the Blade films whicch i think are really good!

noneok
im goin for blade that was a cool movie

ILuvGambit

Friend44
People,

I went with X-Men. Spider-man was too easy. Hulk was very good but too slow at the start. Daredevil was badly aflectted... I think it took a lot of nerve to make X-Men (maybe not as known as other heroes, ect...). They made a hit and took a big rest.

Friend.

LeAtHerRFace
Xmen 2 Wuz a kool movie so I'd have to go with that. Besides I like da Xmen.

Daywalker
I liked the other Marvel films but you rarely get to see a cool superhero like Blade hit the big screen. Wesley Snipes is tha man!

vvvrulz
X2 rocked. Spiderman was fine, Blade shoudve stuck as one movie. Hulk was utter crap, easily the worst of that lot.

ab012f9448
X men 2 is the best damn movie ever made. There was loads of cool fight sequences and special effects and the air chase with the two f-16's was one of the best special effects shots i have ever seen. Plus, Hugh Jackman is in it. love Hulk was utter CRAP! Didn't understand it one bit, what the hell happened in the end with that machine? Spiderman was o.k but i think the next one will be better just like x2 was better than x1 because all the characters were introduced and we knew more about it. By the way, cool pic Daywalker cool

Daywalker
X2 was an excellent film and it stands alone not needing the first one. I like Wolverine's no nonsense attitude and the younger x-kids that were introduced were awesome.

I chose Blade because Wesley really brought the character to life in a very cool and hip way. You can't beat a guy that looks cool in all leather while kicking vampire a$$ in the middle of the night with sunglasses on. cool

Mr. Fantastic
I guess I'm gonna be diffrent than everyone else and go with Daredevil.
It featured a more human-like character who defied all odds against him.
It brought a much more realistic story than any of the others.

ab012f9448
I love those pictures daywalker. Got anymore or some of different characters?

Daywalker
I have a good many costumed photos, thanks for your interest in them. I have a yahoo group that is composed of myself and many other talented costumers.

Don't want to spam this board so if you're interested in the links, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and i'll invite you in wink

ab012f9448
O.k. Anyway lets get back to the topic on this thread. What's the best ever Marvel film people? big grin

Daywalker
If I got to choose a few, i'd say Blade, X2 and Spider-Man

Bishop777
This is a contest that is no contest. Blade is the best and most likely remain the best. It had no status quo to live up to and opened up the door for all the rest of the Marvel movies. Spider-Man was the closest to the comic incarnation, which I think worked against it. Do you know how many times I have seen the Spider-Man origin story!!! It just gets boring. Green Goblin was a saving grace for that one. Hulk was a good movie and I wish people would stop hating on it for a) it took too long for him to become the Hulk and b) because they couldn't understand it. How can you hate a movie because your mind can't process things. He was an absorbing man and absorbed all the electricity of the machine designed to fry him.

Before I continue, you must know that I own every major X-book release from the last five years, and most every mainstream (X-Men, Uncanny) for the last twelve. The first X-Men movie was by far the worst. Singer destroyed characters for his vision of if the X-Men were in the real world, what would it be like? He made some bad casting choices, not all but some (Hugh Jackman was good, did you know in the comics Wolverine is supposed to be 5'2". Halle Berry...ugh). And in the end, the plot was bad for even some of the worst comics written. It was so contrived; you knew everything before it happened.

X2 was much better. The plot was significantly better, the movie never seemed disjointed, and he did what he should have done in the first. Load the movie with more mutants for more power usage to cover up his weak story. Some people need to stop being fanboys and realize that if you keep eating the crap people give you, they are only going to feed you more crap.
1-Blade 2-X2 3-Hulk 4-Blade II, Daredevil, Spider-Man 7-X-Men

BOPRecruit 16
x-men 2 is the best marvel film so far because of the amazing stories, action, and how you can relate to the characters.

Mr Parker
I'm with you Mr Fantastic.Daredevil is by far the best marvel comicbook movie.Much better than that crapfest MAN-SPIDER er SPIDER-MAN movie.And actually Bishop,The Green Goblin costume was one of the main cancers of that horrible movie.

Bishop777
I am still baffled by how you can blame the faults of a movie on a costume. You go to movies with a suspension of disbelief which most movies rely on to work. Sure the costume was bad, but no one said that costume is horrible and therefore the movie sucked. And if someone did say that, they never gave the movie a chance from the start. I have actually heard people say that they weren't going to see the Hulk because it was CG! In close up shots, the Hulk was the best CG used in film to date.
The main problem is that the creators attempted to restructure the "mythology" of Spider-Man to fit a modern day era and to appeal to people that have not read the source material.
In that way, the movie was definitely a success. Do I like the movie? Ehhh, it was alright . I just despise when Hollywood decides to dumb down a concept that in it's inception was brilliant. "With great power comes great responsibility."

Eidolon
Blade and Blade II are by far the best movies on the list. Probably not the best comic to movie, movie but still the best. Spiderman, Batman, and Superman are probably the best comic to movie movies, but weren't all that great as a movie, I thought.

X-men, X2, and Daredevil were all pertty good movies I thought, but I'll be glad when the "Wolverine" movie comes out (provided it's rated R) so we'll be able to see how Wolverine really acts (more fights in which he kills) and I hope the Punisher will be good (provided it's rated R too)

Bishop777
Eidolon, you hit the nail on the head.

Linkalicious
The Green Goblin costume was kinda cool. You have to look at the comics and imagine how stupid the suit coulda have looked if they tried to make it look like that in the movie. The Hobgoblin's costume would be a better costume to recreate than Greeny's. I also like how they made it more like armor which helped to explain why Spidey could give him a beat down pretty good and he'd still survive. I don't like how they cut out Gwen Stacy from the movie, but William Dafoe made up for that because his mirror scene was awesome. I think that scene was very comprable to Gollum's scene in LOTR. I wanna add that the Spidey series will never be a great series until they figure out a way to incorporate Venom into the movies, but writing that script would be a really difficult task...

Mr Parker
Oh it was a LOT more than the costume and the organics that ruined the manspider movie,that movie looked like it was written by someone with the ideas of a 5 year old.I made a thread in the spiderman section reviewing the movie called SPIDERMAN,ER MAN-SPIDER MOVIE,A PIECE OF CRAP FILM pointing out the MANY flaws of the film.

Mr Parker
oh please,man-spider is a joke and about one of the worst comic to film adaptations.

Mr Parker
I myself am glad they did not put Gwen Stacy in just to die again,that would be kinda silly.what I would like to see happen is Gwen is in a sequel in the future and Mary Jane dies. big grin

Iron Falcon
X-2 was a good movie but I don't like how they introduced the Phoenix

Linkalicious
Phoenix will add a lot to the X-men saga. Except i kinda wonder what she will wear? in the comics it was that goofy outfit, but since they aren't wearing their comic outfits, then the newly designed costume better be sweet. I think it would be best if they broke Wolvie off from Xmen so that he can have a couple of classic VS. battles. I would like to see Wolvie vs. Hulk, Wolvie vs. Sabretooth, and Wolvie vs. Omega Red just like in the comics.

Iron Falcon
yes Phoenix would add to X-men, but they are introducing her with out introducing Mr. Sinister, who if memory serves me made Phoenix in the first place

Linkalicious
maybe they will introduce sinister..that way they can explain it in the 3rd movie. kinda like a little mystery

Spawnie
Spiderman - was ok, it's an introduction. Solid introduction, but not anything that I want to watch more then twice.

X-men - was also a succesful intro, but I missed Beast. Great cast and I knew that it had a future.

X-men2 - There we go the future came true big grin. I liked this one very much, allthough I wanted to se colossus do more damage then to just one wall and not dodging bullets sad. And I still think that this has a future in the third movie. Go X MEN!

Hulk - And don't know most opinions for this movie but I managed to like some bits of it. The incarnation of the Hulk was trully nicely done, very neet and precise CGI. Fun fight scenes with troops, but poorly done last fight scene. This one falls into those where they exceded the intro. The intro was too long and without too much feeling that some ppl didn't have the patience to sit though the whole movie. All things summond it wasn't such a bad movie. The sequel might be better.

Daredevil - Man this one was too shallow, elektra didn't gain much respect as a character. She deserves something better. Good choice on the cast except for Daredevil. They did good in explaining Devil's senses and projecting them so we can see also. NIce touch on special effects.

Blade - Bingo at the first try. Successful movie with a great cast. Full of great action that I never get tired of. I own a DVD of it and i've seen it more then 30 times. This one was so good that I was a bit skeptic on the sequel.

Blade 2 - Well the movie didn't fail, I liked it, but never like the first one. The second has more action and more characters, botheres me that those vampires dissolve like butter all the time, but it makes a cool effect. They did a very nice job on the power fights between Blade and the bad vampire guy (the carrier of the virus, I just can't remember his name now, blah).

leonheartmm
hmmm, all of em r great, true that in many of em the original characters were destroyed but, here we are lookin at the best movies n not the best ADAPTATIONs, so id say that the first blade was the best, and i really dont get y people here hate xmen 1, it was a great original movie, and oh yeah, howard the duck sucks when i look at it now but i used to love it as a kid.

btw i dont get who the end villian in the hulk movie is, is he Z ZAX?

Mane
Spider-Man 2

Havoc470
imo, X-men is the best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.