Top 5 most overated bands...ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
Ok we've had top 5 bands, albums etc so heres another new thread along the lines of top fives but this time its asking who you feel are the most overated bands ever in particular your top 5, not bands you generally hate but when you hear them you think to yourself "whats all the hype about".

To get the ball rolling heres mine:

1. The Deftones
2. Oasis
3. The Strokes
4. Stereophonics
5. Sex Pistols

in flames
i disgree with you on the deftones i think they createst a very original sound..they might be nu metal but there really good the drumer is really talented and chino's voice is so original..there latest album was disspointing...waiting three years for an album like that...but adrenaline and around the fur and the white pony..dame those albums are great

i think

1-linkin park
2- The Strokes
3-cradle of filth

are overratted

in flames
*created

finti
most overrated bands
Rolling Stones
System of a Down
Oasis
Limp Bizkit

total metalhead
Slipknot
The Darkness
Marilyn Manson

Linkin Park overrated? Deftones overrated?? System of a Down overrated??? whats up with that???????

fungrl515
i'm not old enough to know a ton of bands that are terrible, but linkin park is not overrated. i absolutely love them. rolling stones, the who, and others are overrated in my opinion.

BackFire
Maryline Manson
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Oasis
Nirvana

Anything between 1975 and 1990

Tex
Nirvana? mad stick out tongue

Any so called Boy Bands
Any so called Punk Bands

mah
em...tex...I think you lack normal comprehension of the english language. overrated means they have to have been hyped. Boybands have always been looked down upon.

Nirvana
Oasis
Coldplay
Tupac
U2

GABRIEL05
Beatles (I don't like them)
Phil Woods (blech!)
Linkin Park
Matchbox 20
India Arie

h0ck3yh0rr0r
mah is a dumbass.
1. he said band
2. tupac?
3. u diss tupac soo much. what he do to u?

GABRIEL05
Oh sh-- of course COLDPLAY

What a overrated piece of *snore*

Hey HockeyHorror man I personally wouldn't get all mad and offended if someone said my musical idol (Lee Morgan) sucked because some people just don't get certain music, but thats just me it's up to you watcha wanna do.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hey man he's been saying the same sh-- many times.

Lames.s.
Kiss
Audioslave
Matchbox 20 (Rob Thomas makes the band)
The Police
Green Day

GABRIEL05
Medeski Martin and Wood

finti
Smashing Pumpkin

julibug
Mah! You said U2!! Ouch. Well, I guess maybe they are somewhat over-worshipped & all, but I still like 'em! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
well i kind off agree with Mah on U2. their material up until their awesome Joshua Tree album was very good, its been downhill ever after from then though.

Difrycheulyd
I cant believe you are all mentioning punk/rock/metal bands generally....

so you dont think these pop bands are overated....WTF!!!!!

in flames
people didnt mention pop bands because they are not artists..they are PUPPETS...people are calling names that might have done one decent song by them selfs!

Difrycheulyd
Hmmm yeah maybe your cant call them 'bands' because they dont actually play any instrument. laughing out loud..... they're just 'groups'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.