religion references...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gohokie7
I think there were the religion references (Christianity, Buddism, Greek Mythology, and countless others) primarily to show that religion is humanity's "purpose" for existence. That humanity couldn't settle for thinking that it was created for no purpose in life. Then came different ideas of different religions to answer our questions of how this life came about and yes you could even use the scientific and mathematical part of the matrix as an idea of how we got here. what do ya'll think?

JediHDM
Everyone has something they believe, even if it is that there is nothing to believe in, thus, something so integral to human existence MUST be covered in a movie like this...And, yes, religion gives purpose to many who feel like there is no other purpose in their life.

gohokie7
I think there were the religion references (Christianity, Buddism, Greek Mythology, and countless others) primarily to show that religion is humanity's "purpose" for existence. That humanity couldn't settle for thinking that it was created for no purpose in life. Then came different ideas of different religions to answer our questions of how this life came about and yes you could even use the scientific and mathematical part of the matrix as an idea of how we got here. what do ya'll think?

JediHDM
Everyone has a belief, even if that belief is that there is nothing to believe in. The wachowski bros had to include Religion, and Philosophy, because they are INTEGRAL to our existence.

SimplePriest
Agreed. And they did it in a Very good way/style.

SimplePriest
blink De ja vu

JediHDM
yeah, i didn't realize that there was another thread, cause i opened it, and i was like What the f**k? i posted an answer to this...so i reposted, and i just figured out when i saw both of them right beside each other...

SimplePriest
Oh, I figured it marked a mod changing something in the forum. smile

JediHDM
Simple> no we wish...then perhaps all the "lets ride the wave of the matrix and bash anyone who loves the movie" newbs would be gone...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.