Zoolander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
I saw Zoolander yesterday, and it is beyond hilarious! Ben Stiller plays the top male model, Zoolander and Will Ferrel plays an evil fashion designer, Mugato laughing out loud The theaters have been deserted these past two weeks because of the tragedy, but last night the screening sold out, people are finally going back to the movies smile

ToMacco
I'll see it soon. The previews make it look like a rip off of Austin Powers, though. But that wasn't the case?

Texas
It's of the same genre but not a rip off.

ToMacco
I'm there, dude.

Dim
I thought it was lame... It tried to be Austin Powers but it didn't really pull it of. I don't know..there was just something canned about it.

Texas
I think your jealous because you cant get your hair to look like Mugatu's big grin
You didn't find anything funny? confused

ToMacco
A couple of my friends said it was really stupid. But I'll still see it. Some people have a different sense of humor that others. It seems like it is the sort of humor I like.

Dim
Well, I don't know. I really do like Ben Stiller and I like Austin Powers type comedy...I just thought for the most part if was lame.

Texas
sad Did no one like it?
Oh well, I liked it, that's what's important big grin

ToMacco
I finally saw this last night.

It wasn't stupid, but it wasn't funny either. To me, it was an excuse for VH1 to promote their model specials. It's just a spoof on the modeling world.

The funniest parts of the movie where on the trailer. I only SMILED once, and that was when the guy was on the phone with his wife and he was screaming "It will still be good it I heat it up later" or something like that.

Zoolander seems to be aimed at the few people in the world who are models. You know "People who are good looking" wink

This movie is a definate pass.

(two out of four stars) -ToMacco

Texas
I liked Mugatu and that fine Russian babe who played on the 5th Element smokin'

Dim
I know someone who said she liked it..but she also said that she had really low expectations for it.

Texas
Yeah, I dont think anyone really liked it. It bombed at the B.O. only made $40 million.

FLIPMODE
This movie was pure crap. I FELL ASLEEP. sad

I fell alseep and woke back up right as Derek woke up from the Dream/ brainwashing. But I missed the brainwashing scene.

The funniest Part of the Movie was the Gasoline incodent, and Stillers Father. Yeah that scene when he was yelling at his wife on the phone was one of the things I really remember.

But what a failure, all his dialogue was boring. How can you fail at making one laugh when all the material is supposed to be silly. He should had studied a Ferelley Bros. Film. The whole movie should have been, about Runway Walk off's.

ToMacco
Who screens these movies? That should have gone straight to video, and it should be on the shelf next to Lepricahn 12. wink

Texas
Zoolander wasn't that bad, it made me laugh, I didn't go see it for it's masterful directing or Oscar caliber dialogue, I went cause I was depressed about what happened in Sep, and for two hours I laughed.

ToMacco
I agree, Tex. It was just a movie to get a laugh, but it didn't work for me.

silver_tears
you have horrible taste no expression

Myth
I liked Zoolander. The first time I thought it was ok. Then 2nd, I was like, "Wtf? That was stupid. Why did I like that?" Then it was on all the time at work and it grew on me. Now it friggin hilarious.

sailormoon
Ahhh! I love Zoolander it's so stupid it's FUNNY! I love Owen and Ben! laughing

Ou Be Low hoo
Zoolander is a great, great movie. I love it.

shugie99
I never get tired of this movie. I think it was one of the few Ben Stiller was actually funny in himself instead of just being a foil for othe funny characters.

mazedude
Heh, I freakin' loved it. I went for a long time without seeing it too, cause the previews made it look like a cheesy superhero spoof. As soon as the DVD menu loaded with Ben Stiller introducing himself as a male supermodel though, I was crackin' up.

I mean, how can you not love the freak gasoline fight accident?

Norma Jean
Probably my favorite movie ever,

sailormoon
I know, that was out of no where! I liked it when Ben was like "I loved them like brothers, and I don't mean real brothers, but like the way black people use it. rolling on floor laughing

Drumdude1167
"you can read minds" and his little phone are the gretest things ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.