Tarintino on the matrix series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cowboyography
here a little bit pulled from an interesting interview with ole QT himself, here is whathe said

"I watched Keanu watching and I suddenly felt it," explains Tarantino. "You know, my guys are all real. There's no computer *****ing around. I'm sick to death of all that sh*t. This is old school with *****ing cameras. If i'd wanted all that computer game bullsh*t, I'd have gone home and stuck my dick in my Nintendo." and later continued; "This CGI bullsh*t is the death knell of cinema. Movies are far too *****ing expensive at the moment and it's killing the *****ing art form. The way it's going, in ten year's time it will officially be killed"

and I couldnt agree more CGI is STUPID!!!!! Neo looks so fake during to much of the movieand even during reloaded he looked extremely cartoonish!!! GO AWAY CGI more like CGGAY!!!!

Korri
NEO LOOKS FAKE? YEAH WOTEVA!! mad

Cowboyography
he sure does, like during the burly brawl I have never seen more blantantly bad CGI effects!!! any of the slow mo looks like im watching cartoons!!!

SilverFighter
I believe Tarantino is more old cinema type of director so maybe that's why he reacted like that. If you think about it too much CGI can cause a movie to be over cartoonish. Use the CGI as a tool in the movie not as the movie itself. If not? Then why bother with actors?

btw-did you get that quote from that British magazine with Uma's pic on it? Cool review of Kill Bill made by that magazine.

rysdigital
lol. as much as i like QT's Reservoir Dogs, i think he's just whining like a little *****, cuz revolutions made more money on the first day than kill bill has so far.

spydar1982
this is a ****in bullshit post. Until you can prove that this is something that we can all see its bullshit. Why would QT (when on camera, in media spotlight) talk shit about another movie that comes out a month after his, no real competition (maybe until DVD sells come in). he has no reason to talk shit. Usually hollywood people watch what they say especially when commenting on the art created by their peers.

Ushgarak
Oh yeah, Tarantino DID say this.

But he's a funny guy. Appreciate his films, but I wouldn't listen too much to the guy himself.

gaz9
I know his stuff is cool, but the W. Bros are the daddys, the matrix has so much about it, its going to be talked about for the next 20 years!!!

silver_tears
i never liked him and hate him more now mad

ragesRemorse
tarentino is the man. The ebst director at the mommnet. I can't see how he would say that the special effects take away from the art form though. The effects gave a disctint stlye and artistic presentation to the whole thing.

eatingimpaired
the man has turned iunto Agent Newbie.He needs the blinding white light of knowledge to disinfect his agentness.

forumcrew
QT hates cgi thats why.. its not against the matrix so much as against cgi in general

-=Urot=-
QT Rocks! All you slackers need yer A$$es Spanked with a lead pipe!

Kill Bill was awsome!

IMO bad cgi just sucks!

diegocala
You're right spydar, your post is BS! As for the Thread, it is right on the money! CGI is going to far over the top. NEO looked fake.

W. Lee Chojin
Hi guys ...

Somebody saw Kill Bill vol. I? I know that does not have anything to do with the thread (sorry Ush, Omega !!erm ) but in Brazil they had postponed the movie to February... sad

MR ANDERSON
well if tarantino said that then screw him.we cant all see the same movies.thats why there is a word called variety.some of us love that computer generated stuff.he can stuff it.not everyone loves his movies if he must know.thats choice.

MR ANDERSON
l think the guy who posted this thread must give us a link to the interview coz l dont buy it.QT has more brains to know we need variety in the movie ind.

WTF Quentin can suck his own dick. ****ing dumbass....obviously CGI isn't going to be perfect right now. That's why new technology is being developed everyday to try to make it more and more realistic each time. God, people need to stop stripping down everything and holding it up to the real-world..OBVIOUSLY IT'S NOT GOING TO BE PERFECT, but it's movie for godsakes.

And computer graphics within or out of a movie is as much of an artform as a plain ole movie without it.

****ing tarantino, who the hell does he think he is?

W. Lee Chojin
about CGI ...

Neo looks fake ??
check again and tell me something about smith .... yes

after Neo gets the "bo", all CGI ...

Darkweaver
For what it was, the Burly Brawl was very well done imo. I don't see exactly why everyone thinks it looked so terrible. No, it wasn't perfect but nonetheless they still managed to pull off a rather impressive fight scene and for that I commend them .

As for Tarantino, he's more into the old school ways of film making, specifically of a 1970's style. I don't completely disagree with him (some CGI is awful, i.e. The Hulk) but feel he overexaggerated it by saying things like it's "the death knell of cinema" not to mention a lack of maturity during these comments.

HooT
PLease get the herion addict out of hear hes been it in a long time and could never get the success of the matrix.

Sifer
He was taking the piss, he always does it smile

forumcrew
thats bullshit i love the matrix but dont talk shit about tarantino.. no success.. um pulp fiction?

BackFire
Well, CGI is needed for movie's like the matrix, unless he wants to see big animatronic robot like in a bad amusement park ride.

But oh well, the man is one of the most talented film makers in the last 10 years, he showed that he can top the matrix when it comes to spectacular martial arts fights in movies, without the use of cgi.

Don't take the guy seriously

freemind
Cgi is a tool. I think he went overboard on saying it is the deathnell of cinema art. The fact that neo didn't look real in a few scenes doesn't make the matrix a horrible movie. He says this this is old school. All real. Nobody I know can talk with half a brain.

eatingimpaired
hahah

The Omega
I suppose a man who made "Pulp Fiction" can make movies. But anyone who made the crappy "From Dusk til Dawn" shouldn't be tooooo loud...
IMHO!

Cowboyography
Actually QT didnt make Dusk till Dawn, He wrote it and starred in it but he didnt direct it and didnt take credit for it. his for movies are
1-Pulp Fiction
2- Resivor Dogs
3- Jacki Brown
4- Kill Bill

The Omega
He wrote IT?? I always pictured two secretaries with each their script running into each other and gettting a vampire movie script mixed up with a road-movie script.
THAT doesn't make it ANY better, ya know. wink

Cowboyography
The first part of dusk till dawn is great (until the first Vamp shows up). I agree that its a bad movie though. However QT also Wrote Natural Born Killers and didnt take credit for it. He sold the script to get money together for Resivor Dogs.

The Omega
That's my point. It's like two movies that got mixed up.
My entire point is, that Tarrantino isn't flawless himself, so he shouldn't go around dissing the MAtrix movies just to get some attention.

Which is what it looks like to ME.

HooT
pulp fiction?

wasnt even that good and that was the best movie hes ever made or will ever make.

CGI is where its all at a good director can blend the two types into a great movie.

Come on KILL BILL how gay is that. The matrix plot has more truth to it then that. Uma a killer with lucy Lui.

Not to mention when she jumps on the sword. A ToTAL BITE FROM CROUCHING TIGER.

Cowboyography
well nobody is flawless, Cmon now, its just the W bros are flawed more than most!! smile I thought they were perfect after M1, just like QT was on top of the world after Pulp Fiction, The W Bros went downhill very fast after M1 though QT has kept form and delivered a hell of a movie with Kill Bill. Revolutions is doing so poorly now I dought anyone will give the W bros any money ever again to make a movie (well someone will, someone gave money for Gigli) I mean they are talking about getting the DVD out before Christmas, thats bad. Studios are lining up to bankroll QT's next 2 movies, Hes doing a war movie and a Movie about the Vega bros.

SilverFighter
I don't think that Tarantino needs to diss anything in order to get attention (his films earn him attention). He just gave his opinion and he holds no punches when it comes to his comments. I'm pretty sure the W bros also have their own opinion about movies they don't like. Anyways QT opinion doesn't change the money success that the Matrix has pull so I don't see why would some people find his comments damaging to the Matrix.

Cowboyography
atleast Pulp fiction got a best movie nomination, More than any Matrix movie can Say!!

HooT
Who ever says Neo looks fake sorry boys but thats the BEST CGI IN MOVIES EVER AND CANT GET BETTER. Do you know how many polys it takes to model a moving human???

More then Lucas Or Tarentino could conjer up

errr makes me mad to hear my movies dissed

SilverFighter
Very poor judgement IMO.

BIOS
I like CGI it is a way for movies look more real (ever see that old black and white movie with claymation dinosaurs) I agree that in some parts in the matrix it does look a little cartoonish but if you think about it the matrix is a computer generated world so it would make sense that when a person in the matrix is pulling off unhuman abilities the computers processing Neo's VSI has trouble rendering his image correctly. wink

Cowboyography
well thats the problem, the best CGI looks like a cartoon. QT doesnt use CGI, thats what makes him so great. He put together an amazing Martial arts fight scene complete with decapitations and tons of blood but no CGI!!! CGI is destroying hollywood!!! nobody has to do stunts anymore just a blue screen and some wires and Vola, crappy Special effects!!!!

plenTpak52
Who does he think he is? Hmm, maybe a person with an OPINION? Don't diss Tarantino. He is more brilliant than the Wachowski could ever be. He's written some of the most original and inspirational films ever made. They have comedy, action, romance, drama, everything. I don't see Matrix winning best film! Quentin's a really good guy, too.

Money only matters in the long run. Revolutions will stop making money long before Kill Bill will. And Revolutions did not make more on the first day than Kill Bill so far. Check again.

Well from the kind of stuff I see you say, I don't think he's your style at all, but you shouldn't hate him

Angelsolovely
Well, I for 1 like all the QT movies. And, while I don't have a problem with movies that use cgi, I can feel him on this in many ways. If U take the scene in Harry Potter, where they are playing the game....whats the name, it starts with a Q, anyway, I thought it was very cartoony, and lets not forget the Hulk. In the Matrix2, I thought they did the cgi very well (the fight scene with all the Smiths)U couldnot really tell it unless U looked velly close, and it was some of the most realistic cgi yet.

But U will always have the old fashioned movie directors that make movies without the cgi, but I bet they still use computers at some point in there movies, so they can't be totally against it.

I don't know which ones I prefer more, the ones with plain old computer suped up movies, or the cgi flicks. I find myself going to boht kind equally.

rysdigital
it's called a hyperbole, braineac.

The Omega
Huh?
On the first day Kill Bill made $8.022 mio. in the US
The Matrix Revolutions made $24.311 mio. in the US
http://www.leesmovieinfo.net/

Cowboyography
yes but 20 years from now people will watch Kill Bill and say wow!!! 20 years from now people will watch M1 and say WOW!! then they will watch M2 and say WTF and then they will watch M3 and laugh and say Where is my Kill BILL DVD!!!

icansee
Just my 2 cents worth, If you look at what QT was stating he does have some points here. I remember watching the movie version of Spawn and it had no story line just SFX, it is nice to see it used to assist in telling a story but when it is over used it spoils the film.

Someone mentioned before about the Reloaded super brawl between Smith and Neo and I have to agree there were some parts which did not need to CGI, the producer of the matrix films stated that they did not want people to copy reloaded as they did in M1 bullet time even though blade 1 had bullet time first.

Where Neo jumps in the air and spins with the metal pipe in the superbrawl that could of been done with stings same a when neo saved the key maker and Morphous scenes lafter the truck crashed into each other. Compare matrix 1 when Neo spins round in the train station when he is about to take on Smith. Or the reception scene with Trinity in M1.

What I am saying is that sfx are good to assist in story telling but not overwhelm us with it, I also think QT point was the same.

Cowboyograph, you comments are making me LMAO!

Cowboyography
OK i have two major MAJOR!! problems with the burly brawl.
1- Neo looks fake half the time, cmon its so blatantly obvious when he is CG. His cloths go all smooth and his face looks like a cartoon multiple times, well anytime he does anything spectacular!
2- my biggest complaint, The fight was %110 useless. There is no point to the fight there is no winner, no loser, no need!! Neo could have just flown away right after the smiths gave there speil and tried to take him over, we would be at the exact same point in the story!!

plenTpak52
Really? I dont see how it is.

I like how you put the link to the word, though. Nice touch. Seriously

Hegemon875
I very much doubt that.

plenTpak52
And I very much second your doubt, Hegemon

plenTpak52
at most The Matrix will be talked about for 1 more year

BackFire
The Matrix has already begun to be forgotten, especially since Revolutions is considered by many to be a botched finale.

It's unfortunate that they didn't just stop after the first one, I think the legacy of that movie would be stronger on its own because it was damn good, rather then a questionable trilogy.

Verity
U know what sux....it's that Keanu actually talks nicely about QT's talenthttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/glare.gif He says he doesn't necessarily agree with his work's perspective but he respects it....And Tarantino can't do anything but talk $hit!!!....http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/ermm.gif

BackFire
Actually, he can make damn fine movies, if you haven't noticed.

Verity
Uh....yah!...right!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Omega

BackFire
Yes, I am right.

His movies are constantly hailed as masterpieces by critics and the general public alike, it's really hard to criticize a many when his films are so damn unique and brilliant.

The Omega
Backfire> "From Dusk til Dawn" a master-piece??? Since when??

BackFire
Since it came out, that movie kicks ass. It had the best vampires I've ever seen. The only really scary vampires, not those lame homoErotic ones that have become the norm in crapfests like Queen of the Damned and Underworld.

However, he did not make that movie, he just wrote it.

Verity
Oh come on!...His movies r nothing but blood baths! Sure!...What's so exciting about blood squirting everywhere?....What's the content of his stories?...."From dusk 'til dawn" was the worst movie Cloonie has ever done! roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
dusk till dawn sucked ass

SilverFighter
I think that the Matrix will go "cult" in the future but NOT in the level of Star Wars ( Star Wars is for ALL ages.....is the Matrix Trilogy for a younger viewers?). As for Kill Bill it will be remenber as Tarantino's first Action/Martial Arts movie so there is a big chance people will look back at it as a very different Tarantino film.

BackFire
No, that would be the Batman movie.

His movie's are just bloodbaths huh? Granted, there are alot of deaths in his films, and yes, alot of blood, the stories of hils films are always incredibly unique and often incredible. Kill Bill was the only movie that had an excessive amount of gore in it, but, that was simply done for the humor aspect of the movie, it actually added quite a bit, seeing blood spray out of a neck like a hose, after someone getting their head cut off.

Pulp Fiction didn't have much blood at all really... His movie's often revolve around a kind of violent tale, but violence usually takes a backseat to incredible dialogue, plot, and characters.

plenTpak52
Kill Bill will not be forgotten before Matrix (that is, if Bill ever is forgotten). It is one of those rare movies that has amazing action without all of the special effects shit. Sure, special effects can be cool, but a lot of the time they are used to distract the viewers from an otherwise horrible movie, much like--no wait, EXACTLY like Reloaded. And not only does it have action, but it is backed up with originality, a cool story, amazing cinematography, and a really hot chick as the star big grin

Angelsolovely
What a coincidence someone mentioned th Matrix will go "cult". I was talking to a friend of mine today about the Matrix on-line, and he said "oh its gonna be a cult thing huh?" Even though he's not into the whole Matrix thing. But I really think it will be around for a long time, or atleast till somthing better comes along to top it, which will probably be a long time coming.
But who knows, theres advancements in computer technology/films being made every day, something better could be in the making now, that we don't know of, that could top the Matrix next year.

ragesRemorse
That quote doesntsound like somthing tarentino would say. That guy is crazy ,and is not one to hold his tongue, but when it comes to movie's he very rarely bashes any movie. He usually holds high respect for peoples artistic interpertation. I know i have heard him say that he doesnt believe in CGI before. I know for a fact that i heard him say that he was a fan of the matrix when he was on bill mahr. He gave it some pretty good prop's

ragesRemorse
and isnt matrix already considered to have a cult following? I think it'll hold a mainstream rememberance for a long time. then it will hold on to it's cult following for who know's how long, but damn long. Eigther way it's be remembered by the movie industry all the way down to the 10 year old kid who is seeing the movie for the first time

audioheem
wasn't neo supposed to look a bit cartoony due to the whole live action anime thing...?

The Omega
Backfire> "Incredible dialogue" in Kill Bill??? Where? Okay, I must admit I dosed off somewhere in the middle, as I have already seen a lot of bruce Lees movies, other hong-kong kung-fu and old Japanese samurai movies.

Quintin is entitled to his opinion. Everyone is. But Kill Bill was, sad to say, a complete disappointment. I, for one, remembered the trippy dialogue from Pulp Fiction, and Quintion, like David Lynch, is capable of using violence, not for its sake, but to display rotten, "evil", or corrupted aspects of his story. Or rather... was able to...

BackFire
Actually Kill Bill was the only one so far to not have very much dialogue, but I have a feeling most of the dialogue and story will be presented in volume two.

mook
yeah some bits of the burly brawl disaapointed me cos you could tell it wasnt keanu which i didnt expect to see in a matrix film - so tarantino has a point - still a cool scene.

some CGI is very poor and takes away from a film - star wars ep1+2.
some CGI is very good and adds to a film - Matrix, LOTR.

mook
since everyones slagging off QT im gonna defend him:
pulp fiction + r.dogs are great films.
j.brown is quite good.
dusk/dawn and N.B.Killers are great entertainment
i really enjoyed kill bill volume one - cant wait for the second part.

its not a 'total bite' its a reference - like the W.bros referencing CTHD in the scene when Neo fights Seraph in M2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.