Actual Revolutions Ending

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jarod
I don't remember seeing the machine pull out the jacking device from Neo's head killing smith. I see smith taking over Neo then it cuts back to Neo and the machine and you see Neo convulsing (like there is a struggle inside Neo) then back to Smiths and you see them being destroyed. Now the movie cuts back to the machine and the machine says, "It is done". Why would the machine even bother to speak if nobody is there to hear it. Neo is dead so why say anything - right? If the machine pulled the jacking device out of his head he would of just died without any convulsions. Just go limp like in M1! Also, When Neo is carted away he now has the same light illumination as the machine city. If Neo just died the machine world would be lit and Neo would look human not glowing like a x-mas tree too. Right? Something more happens to Neo but it not death. The answer is not known anyways because the W brothers have to write up something for the anamatrix sequal.

morgan01
interesting... everyone says the brothers wrote the matrix intended for a trilogy 3 full movies they had an idea for 1 2 and 3... we have technically seen the trilogy right? 3 movies... but reloaded and revolutions is supposed to have been just one movie hence the matrix is not a trilogy... i wonder a small bit if there is a 4th surprise movie? or at least a plot that will not be released. i do know and realize eveyrone says this is the last one and i believe it too but maybe theres more to it than that.

wannabtrinity
i dont think neo died for the very reason u said - the fact his light was bright, perhaps even brighter than it was b4 the fight. this is gona sound painfully obvious, but i reckon the light neo sees is everythings life force, and the fact his is brighter i think shows something has changed. wow what i've just written looks like a load of bs but never mind!

brandonbeyond
I don't know. I think Neo is a gonner. What could have been seen was just that big ass machine's light... you can't really tell from two different lights there.. i think that shot was taken that way showing no lights from neo and all from the machine.. then again i could be wrong. i have seen the movie twice and both times i looked to see if neo wa breathing at the end... neither time did i notice any type of small breathing... reeves does a great job holding his breath in that scene... i also believe neo was killed when the machine powered neos body up and destroyed him from the inside out. you see the light coming from his eyes and mouth like the clones. the machines control everything right? so i think it was just a massive overload and a system failure so they all blew up. And yeah i agree on 2 and 3 being one movie.. i guess the third movie is the Matrix Online in a manor of speaking. Its confusing... the end doesn't really end end like a normal movie ends.. the W bros wrote some intersting lines for the end of the movie but it only hinted that the cycle was continued. well atleast in my oppinion.

silver_tears
isnt reloaded an revo kinda one its jus the continuation stick out tongue

Mr_Slug
hmm yes matrix reloaded an revoulutions are 1 film they said the story for reloaded was too long for 1 film so they split it in 2 makeing 3 films in total BUT that does not make a trilology it makes to films as number 2 was split into 2 SO......... we might just get a 3rd which would be 4th....

matrix 1 = film 1
matrix reloaded and revolutions = film 2

SO where is film 3 to end trilology??

black 4ngel
I think he returned to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code that made him the ONE, reinserting the prime program. The plug was never pulled, once Smith took over neo's body the big talking thingie was able to read his code and delete it, along with every other "agent smith" code.

Neo, as in the person neo, is dead. Part of his code is still in the matrix (just like he could see the oracle in the new body, or sati inside the agent.)

At the end they say they'll see him again because peace won't last forever, in time the anomalie will get out of control again and a new "One" will be born and he'll carry part of Neo, his prime program.

does that make any sense?

gaz9
I think that it is the end of the films as such with live actors, but I've got a feeling that there might be one more feature length animatrix movie to end it all, that and a kick ass video game, what's your views???

eatingimpaired
You need to go here------------------> doctor

EyeMakeMovies
um gee, let me think about this theory... have you ever heard of christianity?? jesus ascends into heaven, and is still alive even though he is not on earth... maybe i'm stretching too far, but i think neo is still alive, but in a spirituall sense... his soul lives on, and the return that oracle speaks of would be like another coming of christ... thread closed.

JediHDM
i keep telling people Neo ascended, but does anyone listen to me? NO...why not?

brandonbeyond
Okay. Then he did so. He ascended.. now what? .. woudn't they have to make more movies which speak of his return? and what is all this talk about animematrix movie? the third installment is Matrix Online.. is it not?

dave123
lets change the subject before someone pays attention to jedi!

MC Mike
Animatrix already is out... erm

And more movies is a bad idea - "IT IS DONE"

As for the game, sh!t yeah!

JediHDM
brandonbeyond> No, they do not have to...the One has fulfilled most of his purpose, except making humanity truly FREE...also, this kinda ending is reminiscent of Anime endings...

The Unknown
No. Even though Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions were written as one movie, they are still two movies. Just like Kill Bill, it's one big movie, but split into TWO SEPARATE MOVIES.

EyeMakeMovies
no, they dont have to make more movies about his return. do people keep writing new bibles? of course not. i think the entire trilogy was the wo bros version of the second coming of christ. while many details didnt line up with the bible, that was the point. it's their view on what the second coming of christ would be like, and he has once again ascended. yes, they COULD write another trilogy, but it would be pointless. our 3 matrix movies were one of christ's returns, and the thought that neo will return someday is faith. i hope all this makes sense, cause i could talk all day abotu it and my tohughts might come across a little random.

deen
just one question...i dont believe that neo died due to jarod theory...like doesnt it come bak to who ever dies in the matrix. If Neo is able to separate himself from the real world to the Matrix and vise versa, how do we know that it is possible for him to actually die...Jarod has good points i think. Also i dont think he dies even tho Smith and Neo are the anomalies and in essence means that they have equal phyiscal strength but not mind strength. What im eluding to is that at the end when Smith is asking Neo why he gets up...he says he chooses to. Smith believes that everything comes to an end, and that his purpose in the Matrix is to destroy Neo. He does not have the choice that Neo does. Therefore by Neo choosing to get copied it does not mean much, as Neo understands the choice he has just made....could someone please tell me if they think along the same lines as i do??

CarlEnnui
Neo is still alive. They wiped his memory and gave him a new name and life. You should check out the new movie with Keanu Reeves when it comes out big grin

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Obviously untrue wink Though it would be funny to see him in a seperate roll playing himself. Somebody says "Hey aren't you Neo?" And he tries to ignore them but they start fighting him.

The Unknown
No, Neo's physical body is dead, but his mind is probably a program or has merged with the Matrix.

deen
yeah well i dunno if i agree with you The Unknown...cos like wheres your evidence ay??

The_Two

The Unknown
Just like what JediHDM said, he represented Jesus, and died like Jesus, thus he is now a higher being. And besides, Neo's mind exploded along with the Smith. Afterwards, the machines drop Neo's body and carry him away, his body not moving.

The Unknown
I don't know what you mean about man making machine. Yes, they chose people to create another Zion (watch Reloaded). It sent out small bug-like machines to create a face. He uses his eyes to see the real world; when his eyes are blinded, it allows him to use his anomaly powers to see coding. Not stated, he may have, or he might have taken over a large portion.

The_Two
(Forgive my spelling)
You know Neo is an anagram of one yeah i am so clever. Right the reason why all the light and stuff happens is just to trip you up. the light is just away that saying the machine are like us in away they, the light makes them look like they have a soul. All i want to say is a key thing -machine has sufferd at the hand of man and so thay fought back like humans (Remember A.I)

If you have have watched the animatrix the it is all roll reversal

MAN MADE MACHINE SUFFEr. (We needed them to survive)
MACHINE MAKES MAN SUFFEER.(They need us to survive)

Take a step back and look at the hole picture. Zion and Zero-One are the same (Not the same place but the same principal).

deen
i dunno Unknown...i just dunno about this film. Just cos hes not moving who says he's dead? This movie has totally messed with my head. Most of the people ive talked about dont believe Neo is dead. Did u understand my reasoning about the anomalies - the equal strength of body but not mind?

Mordecai
WRONG!!!!

As far as i know,

I have NEVER seen an anime movie with a peace ending, its like against the rules of anime......at least all good anime.

A dark movie such as this shouldn't have got lost in the action adn effects and should of had a ****ed up trick ending that makes you jump out the seat screaming "JESUS MAGOOBAGGER CHIRST?!?!?!?!?......it all makes sense now"

To me, that is a fulfilling ending.
I love movies that do that.

PS. i do love the movie, i'm not bad mouthing it, but that would have ruled.

In the end all questions don't have to be answered as most people think people are whining about, it just has to make sense.

ahh well,

No sense makes sense.

Mordecai
Heres another thing that is weird, if they have destroyed Zion 5 other times prior to their attempt in Revolutions, doesn't that mean that Zion is indeed not real??

Or do the machines just allow the humans to re-build a city underground for them to escape to just to be destroyed again??

It doesn't exactly make much sense.

Anyone care to explain??

JediHDM
mordecai> i'm not talking about the peace ending, i'm talking about the ending that seems open-ended, but isn't.

Also, yes, Zion is destroyed everytime, and is rebuilt every time. The machines allow it because they have to have a buffer, a place for the disbelieving to go that will not directly affect those still plugged into the matrix as a whole. yes, they still go and free minds, however, those freed minds do not stay in the matrix and keep exponentially increasing...Zion is a necessary evil to the Machines, a buffer to allow the One to grow and learn before fulfilling his duty.

The Unknown
JediHDM, I believe that the machines rebuild Zion and then alter the minds of the people that are freed to make them think they built it or something, because it is physically impossible for them to build a city like that. And the humans couldn't have designed the ships, upload cards, etc.

tigida_tigida
here unknown ya probably right about that he is probably merged with the matrix. but when the oracle said that they would see him again maybe there gonna make another film... but thats just me thinking

dont assume b/c it makes an ass out of u and an ass out of me

Mistique
I posted this earlier:

Neo dies, but the One then returns to the source, allowing the temporary dissemination of the code he carries as mentioned by the Architect in Reloaded. This allows the matrix to be reloaded, only this time with a substantial difference: anyone who wants to leave the matrix can do, and this time Zion will not be destroyed and they can live in the 'real' world in peace.

Or in the opinion of others, it was not reloaded, but upgraded or changed (the black cat is proof of this) the matrix has suposidly only been reloaded once - changing from the perfect matrix to the world it is now. There may be more to that story, but as I don't agree on it, at don't really know much on the topic.

Mistique
And when Sati says 'Will we see Neo again?" She is referring to what will happen if the peace does not last and the equation is unbalanced. They will need to bring the One back, although, Neo is dead, therefore meaning someone else must become the One.

And someone said he should be able to come back to life as he did in m1. He was only able to come back because a) he bcame to one, he believed and therefore bcame "unkillable", but the One had furfilled his duty: to make peace. It was also because of Trinity's love for him, but we all know what happened to her...

The Cleaner
Let's sort this out fot the last time , Neo can see the machines because he is "The One." yes allowing him do things other people can't he can stop the machines and see them when blinded and Jack in without an
operator , so when Smith copy's him self into Neo's body he has control off Smith and so he destroys him the reason why he lights up like a christmas tree is because he is a cyborg Man & Machine think about , the all have machines inside them allowing the to jack in. And another thing it has nothing to do with Jesus and that stuff where and how did you get that from ? And another thing did you notice that Smith Vs Neo -FINAL FIGHT had fight bits from Dragon Ball Z.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.