Is there a significance of rain in the matrix?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Matrix Overload
I've seen lots of rain in different scenes and i was thinking, maybe there is a significance to rain. I can't quite think of what it might be, but maybe you guys can give some insight on the subject.

Matrix Overload
Well. can someone answer?

Matrix Overload
Please?

MC Mike
Some did! Did you?

Matrix Overload
I noticed rainstorms whenever you are meating someone important. When neo meets Morpheus in M1, it's raining. When neo meets up with Smith in M3, it's rainin, etc. Does anybody else notice rain being a significance?

JediHDM
rain is usually a sign of fertility, so...not that i know of...but i would have to answer when i don't have a headache...

burlyman
its the grundgy noir feeling i liked about the first movie smile

Korri
Neo...wet http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/drool.gif

*cough cough* yeah there is...probably whistle

LarryTheArch
I think the oracle said something about a storm coming. So that may translate into the rain in the burly fight in REVOLUTIONS.

Matrix Overload
That's a good point

priestjim
I only know that the rainstorm in M3 is caused by Smith, having taken over the weather control program. That's why he says "You like what I've done with the place?"

mook
the matrix code was originally concieved to look like rain. (from the making of matrix revoultions).
this can be seen in various places:

M1 - the water from the window washers in neos boss' office (neo keeps looking at it)
M1 -the windows of the car when neo is 'de-bugged' by trinity
M1 -the matrix code on the screens on board the ship.

and as "Matrix Overload" said>I noticed rainstorms whenever you are meating someone important. When neo meets Morpheus in M1, it's raining. When neo meets up with Smith in M3, it's rainin, etc.

Verity
LOL Korri! big grin
Didn't the Wachowski's make a special machine to make the rain look like matrix cascading codes ??

Sifer
Matrix 1: Sprinkler system is set off during the rescue of Morpheus.

Significance?

It it represents both beginning and end (in my humble opinion).

Matrix Overload
i c

Lord Soth
The rain/water was the best part of Smith/Neo in M3 (Super Brawl)

mook
Verity>Didn't the Wachowski's make a special machine to make the rain look like matrix cascading codes ??

they wanted large rain drops so the sprinkler system they used was set up to do this. makes it look like code and looks better in slo-mo etc.

Korri
angel what?

Matrix Overload
it's true, if there wasn't any water in the "super fight" between smith and neo then the W bros. wouldn't have got as good an effect.

Verity
Yeah....I knew that.....I was just suggesting that was the main reason! wink

Verity
Wet Neo...Bad girl bad girl!!!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/renske.gif
Yum! Here's lookin' at u Korri!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/naughty.gif

dragonpisces272
reason for rain in matrix?? : Neo just looks good wet laughing out loud

Korri
oh....my....gawd *faints*

W. Lee Chojin
In M3 super brawl, looks like the rain represents the matrix falling a part, disintegrating ...

Just a thought ...

Korri
heehee i like ur avatar...so cute

anyways back to the subject..

hmmm

W. Lee Chojin
thx ! wink

Korri
big grin

Matrix Overload
please cut the crap about neo looking good ok? Trinity is the one looking hot anyway. But back to the significance of rain.

mook

burlyman
didnt they use buckets of water for the Adam Street Bridge....."youve been down that road".... car scene

i seem to remeber hearing somewhere, most prob revisited

Lord Soth
Trinity is not hot. I hate skintight clothes and pulled-back hair. I want some flow for a chick to be hot (a prime example would be Selene in Underworld)

Osiris
verity... u have that scenes in ur sig as well
look at the right most two scenes

Daedalus
Purpose of rain in films: Atmosphere, just before a fight of some description and as mentioned earlier when meeting a key character.

In the 3rd film they used special sprinkers to make the rain look "chunky" to make the rain look fake (which in the film it is).

Watch the making of, it tells you a little bit about the significance of the rain.

Agent
I think the rain is purely for effect.......it does look good, doesn't it?

Daedalus
Indeed it does.

Lag
I think they needed the rain in M3 to further make it look like a DragonBall Z fight when they collide.

Korri
ooooh yeah big grin

Osiris
y the poll is closed?sad
i cant vote

mook
dont know...what would you vote anyway?

i say 'yes'

realworlddreams
just a thought, did u notice in M3 when the matrix is falling apart via smith (around the time that the logos is found) it looks like lightning bolts of matrix code on the screens? i think if there was any way to make M3 even better (cuz it was amazing on its own) it woulda been to show what smith was doin inside the matrix during the movie.

burlyman
yeah and if you freeze frame it (we noticed from the trailer) you see smiths face at least once (probably a few)

Lord Soth
The rain was not there to make it look like a DBZ fight, I'm pretty sure. It's just an awesome effect

dragonpisces272
Lord Soth>yea, DBZ doesn't have rain fights, from what I remember...

Lag
When two characters in DBZ collide there is a huge ball that forms from all the power created. The rain did the same thing. I don't really think the rain is there to copy a DBZ fight I was just saying there are a lot of similarities between the Burly Brawl and a DBZ fight: mid-air fighting, charging at each other and hitting with a great force, throw each other down creating a huge crater, and when Neo and Smith punch each other just like Goku and Majin Vegeta did in there epic battle of the titans. I'm saying there are a lot of similarities, I still think the fight was awsome and it has never been done before (in a movie)

BackFire
No, it just emphasizes atmosphere, it's a device used in many movies.

Korri
haha oooh ur funny! laughing

Matrix Overload
Sorry about the pole being closed, i set it for only ten days, which was a mistake but i'll start a new pole asking the same thing if you want, or you can make it. Doesn't matter to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.