Enough with the unbalanced equation theory: Smith didn't die just because Neo did

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jizzbone
I've had enough of everybody saying that smith died because neo died. In theory it makes sense but you guys are missing some small details about the movie that woudl refute this.
1- It is true Neo and Smith are counterparts but where does it say that if one dies the other does. This is just the easy explanation. Smith was made to take over everything and Neo was made to stop him. That's it. You guys are digging to much into it.
2- Neo couldn't have died just by smith taking him over. If this were true then everyone still in the matrix would be dead including the little indian girl and the oracle. Also there would be no one for the architect to free. When smith said the oracle quote at the end it showed that the oracle was still inside of smith. therefore, when smith took over neo he was still alive.

I believe that Neo is still alive. He let smith take him over and blew him up from the inside just as he did in the first matrix.

So get off the whole counterpart theory and think about this quesiton. If the machines and humans are going to live in peace now then where will the machines get their fuel from?

JediHDM
there is never TOO much into these movies...however, i agree with you, Smith isn't dead, cause neither is Neo...they are halves of the same whole, and the whole is now part of the matrix. also, about the energy part...people miss the fact that the human race is still plugged into the Matrix, because, even if they all did wnat to be freed right now, if they were, they would all die...

The Unknown
Smith infecting Neo didn't just delete them both, it was the antivirus or whatever it was that the machines uploaded into Neo.

MR ANDERSON
l disagree with JED coz the oricle and architec speak at the end saying those who want to be freed should be and they wouldnt die.neo, trinity where all freed from the matrix.its just a matter of unplugging them and treating like was done to neo in m1.and yeah neo didnt die coz when the machines wheeled him away we could see that orange light view he was using after he got blinded.l beleive we where seeing the machine world through neo's eyes.

how did he destroy smith then,by lating him infect him.smith was programme that was after neo so once he infaected him, there was no use for the smith programme and as we heard somewhere in the matrix movies, a programme without a purpose must gbe deleted and thats what happened to the smith programme.but then by deleting smith, that freed every infected person in the matrix.

JediHDM
Mr Anderson> the humans will be freed means that there will not be agents and Squiddies going after the humans anymore...

The Unknown
No, Smith chose to be an exile, so he was already a program w/o a purpose.

LiQuiD
exactly... smith was already an exiled program in reloaded... but he was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey and not return to the source.. which in turn made him an exile. Although he states that neo has given him purpose... i don' think its the kind of purpose the machines regard with much respect... it was smith's own agenda

eatingimpaired
Go here--------------------> doctor

eatingimpaired
Thats where Neo is

JKozzy
Bahhhhh NO ANTIVIRUS! NO EVIDENCE!

JediHDM
ACTUALLY, Smith wouldn't be there if he didn't have purpose...His purpose is to be the ZERO to Neo's ONE, the "cataclysmic system crash"...he does have purpose..."But we're not here because we're free, we're here because we're not free, there's no escaping reason, no denying purpose..."

droopy1592
That's the system TRYING to balance the equation, smith being COMPELLED to whoop NEo's ass.

Big_Diek
Alright here is what I think and it makes perfect sense...Smith is not the zero to neo's 1...The oracle said he is Neo's opposite...what is opposite of 1 girls and boys....-1....NOW neo understood this...so by letting smith infect him it is like this.... 1+ -1 which equalls ZIPPO ladies and boys...the beam of light into neo from the machines, is the architect balancing the equation turning it to zero, which cancels out anything related to the equation...hench...smith and neo...and for you jizzbone, smith is neo's counterpart his rival, his opposite no doubt about it...

xeous
The unbalanced equation theory is severly flawed. If this theory was correct, Neo would have multiplied hundreds of times because of the "system" trying to balance the equation of Smith copying himself onto people. If you don't believe that then there is no way that you can believe that just because Neo dies, Smith has to too...To balance the equation.

Thrillhouse
Smith became a program without purpose when Neo "set him free" at the end of the first movie. We find out in reloaded that such programs are to return to the source where they are deleted. Smith becomes a rogue program because he stays.

How does Neo kill smith? At the end of Revolutions Neo heads to the source where he is plugged back into the Matrix to eliminate the Smith program. Yes Smith does take over Neo in the same way he took control of Bane. Since Neo is plugged into the Source and not broadcasting from a ship, Smith is returned to the Source and is promptly deleted from the system. This includes any duplicates he made of himself seeing as though they seem to be a string rather then seperate from each other. This would also mean that the Smith program was deleted from Neo aswell and he is most likely alive.

Just a thought.

jetzhere101
if i believe right then in the revolutions we r shown a scene when neo walks in the machine city after coming out of the crashed logos.....
at that moment of time we see everything in 3rd person and they show neo walking thru the city which is orange in color........
so how can it be that we see the end thru neos eyes.....as neo sees everything in an orange fog or whatever.........

rysdigital
well, in revolutions smith's purpose is no longer just to kill neo, the bane/neo scene (as well as the dialogue in the final fight) makes clear that he intends to end all human life.

Sifer
In reply to the top: Yep, I said this the other day smile

Thrillhouse
Yes Smith has a purpose of his own but it's not the purpose he was created for. That's what makes him a rogue program.

Furiae
I agree with Thrillhouse...

WHERE Neo was broadcasting from is VERY relavent and IMO, Smith would never have guessed that is where Neo would be, taking over Neo kills Neo's Shell or "body". The SOURCE is what deleted the Smith Program essentially removing him from the Matrix alltogether. Because Neo's purpose was complete he was not to return. Everyone else inside survived Smith's "take over" because they still have a purpose...
I think in this sense it is much easier to understand than assume the Matrix uploaded an ANTIvirus to Smith as he was not a program that the Source couldn't handle but one the Source couldn't defeat without Neo.

The arguement to this is that why didn't the source delete Smith as he overtook anyone in the pods but that isn't where the source is...why didn't it just go to one random person and wait for Smith to take them over and delete him? Maybe the Source cannot leave 01? Then again if that happened, Neo would not have a purpose. The arguement is how Smith was terminated and that I believe was deletion through Neo not something uploaded...he (Neo) sacrificed himself...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.