Wes Craven vs John Carpenter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
Who's the all time king of movies? Craven has Serpent and the Rainbow, Last House on the Left, The Hills Have Eyes, Scream and most notably Nightmare on Elmstreet. Carpenter has The Fog, The Thing, and most notably Halloween. So who's the best?

BackFire
Romero beats them both, simply for his Zombie trilogy.

Dario Argento
John Carpenter

HockeyFace
Any reasons's why you chose Carpenter over Craven?

Dario Argento
Actually I think they have made some great films both of them, but Wes Craven made the Scream films, which I hate. Why?

Dario Argento
But I don't think any of them are the all time king of movies.

HockeyFace
Oooops... I ment all time king of horor movies.

ragesRemorse
Old craven flicks were great, but his newr ones are just sad. So now im comparing new carpenter flicks with new craven flicks. They both pretty much suck anymore, but carpenter has been more entertianing lately

Dario Argento
It is ok smile But I don't think any of them are the all time king of horror movies either.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dont like either much but my vote goes to neither.

BABOON
UH.........JOHN CARPENTER...DUH!!!!!
-escape from new york
-big trouble in little china
-the thing
-halloween
just to name a few of his best movies. smokin'

HockeyFace
Escape From NY kicked a$$!

HockeyFace
What are their newer flicks?

Lord Soth
I've only seen Halloween from Carpenter and Scream for Craven, and they're both genius, so it's a toss-up at this point

Pablo G
Wes wink

Lord Soth
Scream's great

Rawcus
wes did do the freedy saga so give him credit but u got to hand it to john halloween rocks sept number 3 season of the wicth that was rubish

Evil Dead
"wes did do the freedy saga so give him credit "

No.......Wes did the original movie and New Nightmare.....he did not write/direct/produce any of the crappy sequels.

Wes Craven beats Carpenter hands down..........why people are considering Escape from New York or Big Trouble in Little China as horror movies I will never understand. Both are great flicks.....but have nothing to do with the horror genre.

xblanex
My vote goes to craven

swordmaster
wes craven all the way!

Cowboyography
I had to give it to carpenter, for the thing mostly, I have never liked the freddy series. I would have voted for Mustafa Akad (spelling) ober both of these two. and yes Romero and Argento beat them both as well IMO

Lord Soth
Spelling: Akkad
I love Halloween, love Scream, haven't seen anything else by either of them (but I wanna see John Carpenter's Vampires and Nightmare on Elm Street movies).

I like pretty much every horror movie I see (w/ the exception Child's Play)

LeAtHerRFace
John Carpenter because the movie `Vampire` `The Fog` and `Halloween Series`. Cravens okay with their lil wimpy movies such as `Nightmare on Elm Street series that totally sucked, it wuz so damn boring` and `The Scream series id have to say that 1 and 2 wuz pretty gud but 3 just ****ed up the whole series.
So Its John.

Lord Soth
I've only seen Scream 1-genius

supershane
wes craven rocks end of story

BABOON
John Carpenter rocks harder end of story

HockeyFace
Now that I think about it Carpenter and Craven do completely different films. Craven does gorey films while Carpenter does sci-fi and suspense.

Lord Soth
Hmmmm, that's true. This is yet another subjective argument that can never be resolved

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.