OuiGonJinn's voice in Ep2 AOTC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rustiswordz
the bit where Anakin kills the Tusken Raiders, i can here Qui Gon's voice calling Anakin's name as he goes nuts.

Yoda is using the force to listen in.

Question: did they fim a sequence of QGJ at that point but cut it?

yerssot
no, not at all

they just took his "Anakin" from "Anakin, drop!" in TPM (I think)

Ushgarak
Yup, they re-used TPM material.

Darth Jello
Liam Neeson is being a negative nancy

HannaBananabal
Aww, what?

Ushgarak
Yeah, he is a bit, sadly.

madsci
I'm sorry if I'm not up on SW info, but does anyone know, or heard any rumors, if Qui Gon will be making an appearance in episode III? With that exchange happening, it sure seems likely. At least I'm hoping to see something like that.

madsci

yerssot
no, up till now, he won't be in

Darth Jello
he's gonna be mentioned definately but he thinks star wars is bellow him. (and K-19 was pure gold, geez~ what a sad sack!). I've heard one rumor about how they'll explain the whole ghost thing without him, also creating a weird Palpatine/Dooku/qui-gon connection but i only heard it from one source. The rumor is awsome though

Ushgarak
It was a hot bet that he was going to be in but more recent interview has pretty much said otherwise- a shame.

mephistodesigns
unless they are just trying to throw us off... so for once we maybe don't have the whole movie figured out before we go see it.

yerssot
which "source", Jello?

Darth Jello
i believe it was starwarsfan.org

Darth Jello
the spoiler was under anakin's seduction

yerssot
think this one was a rumor for AOTC already?

Darth Jello
no, definitly not. It basically states that playing on anakins grief over his mother and the promise he made to padme on tatooine, the emperor promises anakin that he can show him a way to cheat death and that qui-gon has already done this. He then explains the ghosts and spirits of the jedi. this promise is later broken when padme dies, which is why palpatine is not spared any of anakin's wrath during his big "force explosion"

Ushgarak
But that would involve Anakin knowing something about the whole deal. How can he? Vader does not.

mephistodesigns
yeah, he looked rather confused as to why Obi-wan vanished in ANH. I think the jedi (and probably only yoda and kenobi, maybe a couple counsel members) know how.

Darth Jello
so maybe it was an alternate take or a false rumor. This brings up just about the only positive (and this is a stretch) thing i could possibley say about Supershadow. just because something is false or a lie doesn't mean it can't be interesting and shouldn't be debated from a hypothetical sense

mephistodesigns
what was an alternate take?

and SS perpetuates lies, here is a good place to debate, his sight is a good place to laugh.

Member.
Yes.

Darth Jello
i'm just saying that interesting lies can make good debates. and I thought that there were several different versions of each scene shot so lucas could go back during editing and tailor the story to his liking and decide where to add scenes. thats what i meant by alternate take.

mephistodesigns
i don't think he does too many of those if any, if they need to change a scene or add one, its re-shot during pick-ups

Darth Jello
well, its like, when they did ROJ they filmed an entire version of the movie where the falcon was destroyed while escaping the death star (thats why han says he feels like he won't see her again). test audiences hated it so they used the alternate shots.

Dirty Vader
Well they should use better test audiences for the PT films.

Ushgarak
Maybe. But what Jello says is not true. That was never filmed, it was rejected at planning.

yerssot
a rumor no one will ever get rid off

Darth Jello
yeah, yr probably right. wasn't the ANH rough cut shown and then redon into its present form? -thats the one with han's girlfriend "jenny"

yerssot
they filmed him with a girl yes, but the day after orso they dropped her

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.