The Matrix Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

forumcrew
the matrix website actually sucks for info on the game.. atleast at my last check but there is a video trailer and many screens online just not there for some reason.. i know www.gamespot.com has some stuff on it. it looks very promising

DanZeke25
Is it like you will see other people playuin da game when ur playin it or jus a matrix game played online?

MC Mike
first one. like World of Warcraft or Sims Online

JediHDM
yes, it is a Massively multiplayer online Role playing Game (MMORPG), like SW Galaxies, Everquest, and World of Warcraft...

Merg03
It makes me kinda mad though that they made it an online game where you will have you have to pay (monthly fee). I still have not bought an online game that requires a montly fee and it looks like i might have to drop some cash on the table if i want to see what happens past revolutions. crap.

Lite-x2x
How much will it probably cost monthly?

gaz9
Is it only going to be available for the P.C or have they any plans for a xbox version??

The Omega
Only for PC's, yes. There's a FAQ at the site.
I fund some interesting news at another gaming site. More to follow later tonight .)
Stay tuned.

clavis9495
YEAH!! The goderator has spoken....

Verity
This is the site I had seen b4! I hope I can play! cool

KidRock
P2P games SUCK (pay to play) i hate that...god i wish i had a credit card

brandonbeyond
how much will it cost?

KidRock
most likely 10 bucks a month its the avrege cost really

JKozzy
You can't forget Final Fantasy XI!!

MC Mike
Man... I have a friend who plays FF X for 3 hours EVERY DAY... FOR THE LAST 14 MONTHS! wacko

Back on topic, GO MATRIX ONLINE!

The Omega

MC Mike
w00t!

Angelsolovely
I just read an article anout the game in gamespy.com, and I must say I can't wait to play.

dave123
twins

The Omega
Where's JediHDM??? (Looks around) smile

burlyman
eek! yay.... the zionists are bad people... but im on their side no expression

The Omega
It depends on your view.
I'm not! smile

burlyman
no expression hmmmm....

BackFire
Hmmm.... I think there are more promising MMORPG's on the horizon...

for now I'll stick with FF 11

forumcrew
also the city size in the game is this big:

say sydeny, australia was 1 square inch... the city in the game is 1 square foot

xeous
That makes no sence, wouldn't it be if there is one square foot in real life, it would be 1 square inch in the game? The way you said it would make the game Sydney bigger than the real one.

JediHDM
what Forum is saying is, take the size of Sydney australia, and the size of the city in the game is 12 TIMES the size of Sydney Australia...

Omega> I'M HERE!!!! ok, this seems kinda intense, with two factions and all...hmmm...so, what're we gonna do about it?

The Omega
We're going to make a THREAD! smile
I'm making one right now...

HooT
This is a pre alpha and he says everything I want to hear.

http://www.fragland.net/index.php?page=downloads&did=702#

Morpheus
raver Omega>Why did't they show the matrix online at the end of revolutions? They could have showed it like.......after the revolution the matrix lives on(fade in)line.

priestjim
It seems like a good reason for upgrading! smile

Coshlo
i dont see how it continues the story of the matrix. it just looks like a lame MMORPG.

SimplePriest
count me in

slinger
I'm gonna join the other fraction, not the Zionists.

dave123
i'll go against the majority and kick all your asses

MC Mike
...no, you won't. stick out tongue

dave123
i'm a one man army, i dont fight for a cause... i just fight

MC Mike
but i will still beat you.

dave123
buy 3 computers, 3 versions, sign up 3 times, and be amazed 3 times after i beat the hell out u

GABRIEL05
*heroic epic battle music cues up*

MC Mike
my comp can beat yours anytime! stick out tongue

And this is a Matrix Online thread, so go back on topic please. erm

dave123
ur comp will beat mine, probably, but i will destroy you smile along with whoever u fight with
i'm makin a new group - Dave the Individual - anyone wanna join me?

tough stick out tongue

GABRIEL05
*ASATO MA SAD GAMAYA TAMASO MA JYOTIR GAMAYA MRTYOR MAMRTAM GAMAYA*

MC Mike
thumb up

priestjim
Dave, don't try to fight it, it's inevitable...

dave123
any idea when its released?

MC Mike
No. Summer 2004.

The Omega
(Looks at Dave123)
Deja Vu? Or did you just write the exact same thing in, like, three threads? smile
No one is impressed. Try something else.

The Unknown
Maybe we should make a thread stating what you Matrix name is going to be and what faction you're planning on joining, unless there is one that i'm not aware of.

dave123
mike was impressed......

-=Urot=-
I remember a thread awhile ago talking about what we are going to do when TMO comes out.

I though Jedi, Omega and other were going to get together to start a team within the matrix.

Now As far as sides are concerned. I could never work for the machines. I would rather fight for the people who are still asleep within the matrix.

The way I see it. Everyone should be able to make their own choices with all of the given information about said topic.

The machines want them to stay in a state of ignorance.

That is something I cant live with.

So I fight for truth!

In my heart there is no other way of living.....

*** Jacks In! ***

Opens eyes to see a street filled with Agents!!!

*** I grab for my tech-9 and smile! ***

cool Hiya Fellas!!!

The Unknown
Oh, Sorry Omega, I just found the other thread you created.

MC Mike
Dave was stupid.

dave123
that was an old post..... lets *try* ti get back on topic

MC Mike
right... TMO is the greatest IMO and I will start ROFLMAO when I beat dave.

The Omega
Do check this out http://www.fragland.net/index.php?page=downloads&did=760#
AND download the trailer!!!

Urot> The peacekeepers are not out to keep people in ignorance, JUST to keep them there. Some minds cannot be freed, and if you join the Zionists to break the matrix, EVERYONE hooked up to it will die.

GABRIEL05
could you expand on "break the matrix"?

realworlddreams
What will you call urself when TMO comes out? just an idea spawned from someting in the matrix online thread, thought it deserved a place on the forum
OK, so here's how it should work (if u want) state ur first name, then ur location (country, nothing else) then ur alias, i think it should work out fine, unless u wanna lie n all, but i dont care...

John
USA
Xero
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/robot.gif

The Omega
Break=destroy (as far as I'm able to read at least)

-=Urot=-
I did not know that...

looks like I will not be a zionist. wink

The Omega

GABRIEL05
RIGHT ON Omega good choice. I side with Laurence Fishburne too!

The Omega
yes
Oh, and Urot. We dicuss OUR game in a Usual Suspect thread, too.

-=Urot=-
Ahh thx for the heads up Omega. smile

xeous

MC Mike
That is the question many of us have...

GABRIEL05
I hope they don't make it like JK multiplay where you just move ridiculously fast, but even how would you avoid bullets? In anycase perhaps they will have a timer and have soem sort of compensator to make up for the delay.

xeous
JK got old very very fast. People got so good at just throwing you over ledges on boards where that was possible...I personally got tired of doing it so I jst quit...There was no skill involved, whoever was the quickest with the mouse and pressing the death grip button always won.

jayvin
For bullet time, I believe that if one person goes in slow-mo, the other player will see that characture move slow, but obsevering characture will see them fight in uncompressed time view if u can understand this.

xeous
But how is that possible? It would be like a family watching the same movie in two rooms. If, in one room, they press the slow motion button at a certain point, the movies will not finish at the same time. The timing would be off completely.

GABRIEL05
yeah hence some sort of compensating dead time or something I dunno...let the programmers think of it

xeous
lol do you know how dumb it would be if it slowed down for everyone? The entire game would be done in slow motion. I think I will just leave it to the programmers but I must say, I am intrigued!

jayvin
Just a theroy. Who really knows? From the trailer, though, it looks like you are able to use bullet time, so there must be some high-tech way that's revolutionary. The W. Bros are famous for doing the impossible and making it possible. What ever the result, it will be great. cool

clavis9495
duh it's about the matrix what wouldn't be revolutionary now?

GABRIEL05
Hold up mofo you make it sound like they turned water into wine stick out tongue

JediHDM
what, did you miss that interview? yeah, they did...

Gornet
Hi @ll... new screenshots of Matrix ONLINE .. why i can't write link ???

GABRIEL05
you can't write link cuz you're new.

That looks like Revolutions not Online.

Gornet
No ,no! :] That's my signature...

MC Mike
Write ou the link and put (dot) for .s

Gornet
www . 3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/matrixonline/

MC Mike
www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/matrixonline/

There.

The Omega
This JUST in:
Check it out
http://thematrixonline.ubi.com/US/index.php

MC Mike
Did - beautiful. big grin

JediHDM
That...is...sweet...ALRIGHT!!!!
lets get this party STARTED!!!

Obba
I don't understand how it would work? Millions of people playing the game and getting on and off. How can something like that function? N*E way. I think someone here has to know some insider stuff? cool You kow who you are. smokin'

Gornet
New screenchots looks really good... but I still think how it'll be possible to play by ISDN or Cable DSl... = big ping! sad Modem users forget about Matrix Online..

JediHDM
gornet> they themselves say that Matrix Online is being created so that even those with modulated demodulators will be able to play...because they are creating a new way for actions to be set up, that is bandwidth UN-intensive...

JKozzy
http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/thematrix_online/media/matrixonline_trailer.mov
TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Gornet
I saw those trailer 3 months ago... -_- nothing new..

Interview with some guy of Matrix Online on E3 :

but I can't paste it !! It's too long :/ I can't too write link...

dave123
is it just me, or does kozzy seem a little happy?

Verity
I hadn't seen it....Looks good! Happy Dance

Gornet
Yehh.. it looks good ,but quality is low and connect trailer with Matrix movie is for me very bad idea.. Does anyone know ,when Matrix Online BETA will release?

Angelsolovely
Do I have it right, modem users will probably not be able to play the on-line game???? So tell me, what connections will beable to play?

JediHDM
it is being created so that ANYONE with ANY kind of internet connection will be able to play...go read the site, it explains.

MC Mike
^That one^

SacredSinister
Well I hope they make a side thats leaned toward the merovgian way of thinking sorta of like a neutral yet defined fraction

JKozzy
yes

KidRock
the game is probley just gonna lag like all hell and when people start crying to the Devs about lag in the forums they will simply reply..you dont like the bullet time? stick out tongue

HexSintax
i bet theyre gonna use the same "focus" idea for the bullet time as they did in ETM. and when someone goes into bullet time, we will see that person cruising around like we see how agents do it in M1.

dave123, we should join forces. i too am a merc, but not for hire smile i have never joined a clan because clans are always full of noobs. i cant team with my enemy (noobs) so i refuse clans until i team with one other person and unleash the r4p34g3.

i love the idea that TMO will exist in real time. you jack in, you jack out and then jack in later and fights are still being fought big grin

dave123
hex> yeah, clans suck. i won't fight alongside anyone, but i am prepared to spare them yes

amy_sith

MC Mike
ask the oracle

SacredSinister
whats an oracle???

jk lool

slinger
The Matrix Online is supposed to take place after Revolutions but what's the plot? If it's about the machines starting another war and breaking "the deal" made in Revolutions then Revolutions is pointless. Neo gave his life away for Zion and if the war is just gonna start over then the Wachowski Brothers should have just shot themselves before making Reloaded and Revolutions. What do you guys think?

sith_darth_jay
uhm... wasn't online about freeing the minds of those who want to get free, instead of another war?........ but, who are we fighting (online) agents or what?

slinger
I don't know, that's what I'm asking, what the plot is.

sith_darth_jay
well, there's that thing about the zionist, and ppl with the machines. so i think it'll be a ppl vs ppl battle

slinger
Yeah, I saw some footage on G4(TV For Gamers) that showed two rebels fighting each other on a building.

sith_darth_jay
but can rebels do the dodging bullets stuff, i thought only agents and the one could do that..... by the way, you know that this thread will be closed, right

slinger
Yeah, but hey, I like cookies. cool

sith_darth_jay
yeah, me too
big grin

slinger
I like chocolate chip, how about you, Jay?

sith_darth_jay
i love chocolate chips, by i hate oreos

xeous
"but can rebels do the dodging bullets stuff, i thought only agents and the one could do that"

What? Rebels can dodge bullets?????

The Unknown
Yeah. Bullet time is used in the game, but I don't know how they'll do it, because if you slow down time on your PC, how will it appear on someone else's PC?

JKozzy
Probably universal slowing-downage.... but they can't do anything during it, only you can

The Unknown
but that wouldn't work, because when you're playing, suddenly things would slow down and start back up. It would be very annoying.

stinkfist462
maybe your character wil speed up.. while the others are the same...

JKozzy
When I mean universal, I mean b/t the two fighters, not the whole system.

mailedbypostman
The character will speed up dramatically.Noobs would have to learn fast.

The Unknown
Bullet time shows things in slow motion. It wouldn't speed things up.

And what would it look like to someone watching the people from a distance?

JKozzy
Who knows, but it'll be cool.

GABRIEL05
YEAH man the whole speeding up the game thing sucks i.e. Jedi Knight multiplay.

mailedbypostman
Stupid.

The Omega
(Merging due to similarity of contents)
What is it? http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/
And http://thematrixonline.ubi.com/US/
For ALL answers! Well, almost all...

JediHDM
alright, anyone else who wants to join the "potentials" send me an email, gonna send out the first Mailing probably tonight or tomorrow.

MC Mike
Hey, I dunno if anyone thought of this but this is what I think:

To fight someone, you enter a mode in which you two are immersed. Then, when one does a offensive bullet-time move, the other is in bullet-time for a defensive. Depending on your skill, you can either be very slow in bullet-time with little power, or it seems as if you were in normal time and you do very good moves. And, as an added bonus, others can add on to the fight by entering that mode with you and also have diffrent levels of speed in bullet-time. Then after the move, it's back to normal time. And not all moves are in bullet-time.

Anyways, what do you think?

MC Mike
Anyone??? I'm getting anxious here... don't know why...

HexSintax
no offense but that doesnt sound good at all...all bullet time represents is how that person "focusses" on their actions...it shows how they see their reaction time compared to real time...entering focus mode or bullet time wouldnt cause the other person to do the same...

MC Mike
Well I hope they come up with something... blink

HexSintax
im sure they did smile

-=Urot=-
I was just reading the info Omega posted about the Ability Code features.

Imo I think this game is going to be killer. The only thing I dont like is it is a fee based game.

In any case I'm going to get it, because I want to see how they deal with the on going storyline.

HexSintax
same here smile im sure it will only be like $5-10 a month, but that does add up and they do like money $$-)

-=Urot=-
Yes they do like money!

If the fee is going to be $5 - $10 a month, that does add up quick.

$5 = $60 a year

$10 = $120

Imo I think it will be $10 a month. They want to get every last drop of money out of the true matrix fans. laughing out loud

Can anyone say EverQuest?

MC Mike
EverQuest.

$120 a year for 1,000 members is $120,000 a year. And that's not many members.

Angelsolovely
I can see that as the monthly cost, but what I wonder is what the installer game will cost. I bought the Sims on-line, and that was $40 plus the $10 monthly fee just to play.

HexSintax
$40-$55 definitely...theyre not cheap, and for a game like this, we will probably end up paying that :P

MC Mike
yes

Angelsolovely
yes, I admit I play the Sims On-line. whistle

-=Urot=-
Now just think about the amount of loot they will have once the True matrix junkies get their little hands on that game!

http://www.inverteddungeon.com/Images/Emotes/Others/navi.png

Mad Money Everywhere!

yes Cha Ching Baby!

Angelsolovely
*wonders if she needs to take on a 2nd job, just to play the game* blink

SimplePriest
I can't wait for the game to come out. I definitely plan on buying it

And I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here too...

JKozzy
Dude is that you? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/cartoon/blink.gifOmega was right when she said you were a Young Morpheus... nice!

JediHDM
he needs to shave his head first though...Morpheus is BALD...but he's close enough...haha, that looks great, Simple!!

SimplePriest
LOL... yeah that's me. And you're right, it would look better if I were bald. Normally my hair is really low cut and it looks like it is bald. Maybe next time I get it cut I'll take another picture. ugghhhh.... then I have to put that thing back on Morpheus' body. Well, at least now I know how to do it...

JediHDM
HAHAHA...i didnt realize...that wasn't your...body...HAHAHA...i thought you spliced the body in very nice...wow, thats really good.

SimplePriest
An alternate version... and it's bald now *cough, jedi, cough*

I like the first one better... I was kinda sleepy when I made this one...

SimplePriest
Ha... I wish I had clothes like that, and a samurai sword... but alas, I do not. So I just have to settle for cut, paste, and photoshop smile

I like how it came out though. It's even better on my computer. The original is a (slightly) higher resolution

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>