I wish I knew more about the X-Men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MadKowDZs
When it comes to the X-Men I am totally cluless. All I know is what I've seen in the movies and a few episodes on TV of Evolution and the original cartoon.

gambit88
well then you've come to the right place the people here know everything to know about xmen whadya wann know?

DarkRoan
I have a question, what role does the movie version of X Men play, like I hear many different versions of cartoon series, which version does the X Men movie version take after? And what is the legacy virus, can you tell me a brief history of it?

VallejoKid707
well the x-men movies just makes stuff up and make a story. eventually they will follow actual events in comics. the legacy virus is a diease that mutants get. eventually they die from it. pyro, colossus, and magik died from it.

gambit88
well the movie didn't take after any versions exactly it sorta took the characters and made a whole new plot like bobby and rogue were never together they sorta made they're own version the legacy virus is something i don't know much about it's a virus that was made to destroy all mutants on the face of the earth collosus (one of my fav. characters) gave his life to destroy the legacy virus. other people will know more about that.

Darth Vicious
I thinks theres a post about the legacy virus somewhere in this forum and ive seen a very detailed X-men Encyclopedia in book stores, you should get it, its real cool!

gambit88
oh oh i got the marvel encyclopedia but not the xmen i'm saving up for that

DarkRoan
thanks so much, that helps out alot and it's so sad that pyro dies from it cuz he's one of my favorite characters!

Maelstrom
stryfe, cables alter-ego created the L-virus. What would be cool is if the x-men turned on eachother. Keep an eye out for the omnipotent beyonder.

thorncrawler
no stryfe is cables clone!

platinumx
colossus died stopping the l-virus and if you have the second volume of the encylopedia, the M tatoo is over bishops wrong eye, its ethier a mistake or a mirror effect, but its funny

everyone is special but not as special as me

cinemafan
An easy and probably inexpensive way of learning all about the X-Men is to go to your local comic shop and buy old issues of Classic X-Men which were reprints of the series starting at Giant Size X-Men #1. This introduces the recruiting of the new team of X-Men(wolverine, colossus, storm, etc) to go on a misson to rescue the original team. After that the numbering picks up where the original left off I belive issue #94. I say inexpensive because they are reprints and should have no collector value but are great for late comer fans. They also have stories in the second part of the book which were either new at the time or were older stories that had never been printed before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.