what gives?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
What's this modifier stuff? One of my posts got closed (answer this) because whoever this Edna Witch is didn't recognize the Simpsons connection. I was kidding!

What fun can these forums be if we have all these rules? Life is full of stupid rules, why can't take a break from all that and have an open atmosphere here? Let's all take a deep breath and reolize that it's not the end of the world if I make a tiny joke that some people may and DID recognize.

I'm not upset. But let's all mellow out a bit, my new friends.

But I am new here. And "you must do what you feel is right, of course." I'm cool with goin' with the flow. Just something to think about confused

yerssot
Yep, this is going to get closed whenever a mod sees this.
To put this in general discussion forum but NOT in the trivia section

Ratcat
I don't even think this is GDF. More Support and Usability to me.

Moving to Support.

Raz! Catch!!!

Raz
I haven't got a clue what you're talking about, but you'd best contact Edna Witch about her actions.

BTW, without rules - Chaos and Mayhem would take over! eek!

Ushgarak
Tomacco, I think I was the ONLY one who got that reference (though I believe RC never got around to looking at it).
But Edna closed it because that place is for Star Wars trivia only and nothing else. It is one of her jobs to close/move all threads thar don't belong there, joke or otherwise.

ToMacco
confused confused confused
Once again, I'm not mad. But I think my point was just proven that placement of subjects gets taken too seriously; My subject was moved here (to support).

Ratcat
You post was a query on the opperation of the board. That is CLEARLY a SUPPORT question and was therefore moved.

ToMacco
I completely understand why certain things are in certain catagories. I'm not questioning that. But I think you are all missing my point.

So what if I posted something in an inapropriate place? (as long as it's in good taste) All I'm saying is that it's not that big of a deal. This all goes back to the post I made in the Star Wars Triva section (answer this). It was closed because it wasn't Star Wars related. I understand that it had nothing to do with Star Wars or Star Wars Trivia, but it was a little joke I made that, I thought, would make a few people smile. That's all.

I just don't understand the big deal (it's not a big deal, like I said, I'm not mad). Do you think someone is going to step in and say "Killermovies.com is closed, because your threads arn't completely organized!!! confused " I just feel it's a little rediculous, is all. You don't have to agree with me, but at least let me know that you all understand where I'm coming from. Thanx. smile

Ushgarak
It may seem mean, but there is a vitally important principle behind it. These boards have to be kept in good order or they will be totally unusable., What if everyone decides to post joke topics? The place will be a complete mess and the people who geuniinely want to find stuff will have a hard time.

The GDF is the place for all that sort of stuff.

ToMacco
That's cool. Let's just drop it. It's no big deal.

Ratcat
Just to expand on that a little more. If you go to any half decent board you will find that the same types of rules are applied.

It's just a matter of keeping things organised and coherant. It is by no means a reflection on the quality of your post.

As mods we have to ensure that things are in the right place otherwaise new users wouldn't be able to find anything.

ToMacco
Hey, no hard feelings. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.