Final Fantasy 11

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
I just got this game yesterday, it's pretty cool. Basically a flashy everquest with FF music and mannerisms.

The graphics are awesome, if your PC can handle them...

Anyone else play it?

Tex
Nostick out tongue

Lulu
no. Its an online game right?

BackFire
Yep.

Doohass
Both of my roommates play it all the time. It's pretty cool.

Lulu
i should get it. Do ya think?

Fallin Angel
i defently want to get it , is it out for the computer

BackFire
Yeah, but it takes quite a powerful system to run it.

Fallin Angel
like what kind

Millie
id like to get it. is it hard?

Doohass
It's like a typical Online RPG. If you make friends with a bunch of people then it's not so bad. One thing is make sure you get friendly with a couple of White Mages.

SaTsuJiN
Im on bahamut server in sandoria. Hakujin the black mage stick out tongue

very true about the making friends bit. Anyone have an opinion on what the most fun job class is?

BackFire
Well I just started a new character the other day, a hume, and I've been leveling him with all the jobs, so far the best is monk, white mage and black mage.

Trinity_Matrix
I really want it (because I'm obsessed with Final Fantasy stick out tongue) but my comp wouldn't be able to handle it.

BackFire
It actually has very little in common with prvious final fantasy games, basically chocobo's and mogs are the only thing relating it with older FF games. It's more like Everquest then anything else, but it's fun none the less.

SaTsuJiN
well it has the active time battle system, a trademark of the ff series.

I read that black mage has the most damaging attacks in the game, but seeks protection from the other party members (I mean for later in the game hehe)

what server are you guys on? (or 'world' rather)

BackFire
I'm on Shiva, I am in Bastok, and have two characters.

Xengos = Level 11 White Mage

Thawn = Level 14 Warrior

BackFire
Well, I started a new character a few days ago. A Red Mage.

I must say, it's the funnest of all the starting classes. There's so much diversity that it doesn't get boring. Unlike warriors who always do the same thing in battle, a red mage can act as a dedicated healer, a tank on occasion, or something similar to a black mage.

Anyways, I got the character up to lvl 18 and just got my support job.

Xenga Level 18 Red Mage/9 White Mage.

TrAnCeDuO
lets not forget the airships!

SaTsuJiN
lol.. my current status :

Server : Diabolos
Name : Makou
Job : 19 WAR / 16 WHM
Race : Hume
Home : Bastok

Lionheart
I wonder if the game ever has a for sure ending or if it just goes on and on like everquest?

BackFire
It goes on and on.

Lionheart
Yep you can bet i'll have it before the week is out

Lionheart
an you can bet i'll lose all teh frieds i ever had before the month is out after i get it. yes

BackFire
Yeah, you don't really need friends in the game. It's not hard too find random people ot party with to gain lvls. It's not very hard to make new friends either.

It's a good game, I'm sure you'll like it. I've been playing it since november on the PC. Just don't expect it to be like other FF games, it has very little in common with them.

I am on the Shiva server. If you happen to get on that server message me and I'll give you some money and help you out. Names Xenga.

carlye
wut do u do in this game i mean ive never played anything like it before so i dont no! is it easy or is it like the regular games or wut?

BackFire
eh, no it's not easy. It's very time consuming and often tedius. I've logged in a total of about 400 hours in that game over the past 4 months. It takes alot of time to get to higher lvls, and to find a job that fits you and that you enjoy playing as.

But, it's fun, if you have the time needed to really get into it and play it, it's a wonderful game that is very rewarding. Even if you don't have alot of time to play, you can still play a few hours here and there and make decent progress in about a month or so.

If you've never played a MMORPG before, this is a good one to get your foot in the door. It's easy to play, easy to get into, and easy make money. But it's very hard to master.

carlye
Kool it sounds like fun that may be the bext thing i get if i have money before kh2 or ff12 come out!so u play online , how does that work? i mean do u play with other ppl or wut? and can u pick differnt ppls?

BackFire
Yeah you play on a sever with about 3000-6000 other people at a time.

carlye
WOW! that is alot of ppls! WOW wow, well i might have to get it but if i do you guys are gunna have to help me with it! cuz ive never played online before like i already sed!

SaTsuJiN
You'll probably get overwhelmed with the size of it. Its very big and if you're not careful, youll get aggroed by some huge monster and die. If you think you can handle things though, go for it wink

current char stats :
Name: Makou
Job : WHM 28 / WAR 19
LS : Apathy / Seiryu
Server : Diabolos

BackFire
whm/war huh? Interesting job choices.

VilleValo462
anyone playing this one yet ?

BackFire
I've been playing it since november. I finally got my character to the big lvl 30. With a red mage. Now I got Dark Knight and Ninja unlocked, later tonight I plan on getting Ranger as well.

VilleValo462
i have been playing for 2 days ... over 30 hours in .. ( dont ask ) ....... and i am a lvl 8 monk / lvl 2 Thief ............

VilleValo462
now im at 45 hours ..
Lvl 10 Monk / Lvl 6 Thief ......

BackFire
What server are you on?

VilleValo462
Carbuncle ...... u ?

BackFire
Shiva. Too bad, were you in my world I'd help you out.

Tired Hiker
Why? confused

SaTsuJiN
Currently Im :
Lv 25 PLD / 12 WAR

Diabolos server

BackFire
I still need to do the PLD quest. Right now I'm trying to get as many of the extra jobs as I can. So far I have....

Dark Knight
Beast Master
Bard
Ranger
Ninja

I plan on doing the PLD quest today. And then the summoner one after that.

VilleValo462
15 hours a day ... and im only at level 10 .......... need i say more ?

VilleValo462
Is there a way to change what serever your on ?

BackFire
You need to get a world pass, I'm not sure how to obtain one, but there should be a merchant in each city that sells them.

However, they cost 2,000 gil, which isn't alot when you've been playing as long as I have (I have a total of about 150,000 gil) but for relatively new players it's quite alot of cash.

Another downside is that if you use one, you must make a new character on the server you want to play, you can't move your current character over. But, lvl 10 really isn't very high, you can get there in about a few hours if you know where to hunt.

VilleValo462
yea .. i know .... i got about 6000 gil ... i have been saving up .... so umm .. how do the world passes work ?

BackFire
I don't really know, I never used one....

VilleValo462
i should find out more .. maybe i could travel to your Server or sumthin

Maelstrum
I was wondering.....why would you do all those quests for the Advanced Jobs? You should pick one and stick with it..... you could probably be to like lvl 30 With a DRK or whatever.....and have fun with the SMN quest....that one takes forever

Currently I am a:
lvl 13 Warrior
Galka
In Bastok
world: Kujata

Maelstrum
sorry.....actually im In Mhaura on a mission for the President of Bastok

ZERODiablos
I am a lvl 3 Hume RDM
San D'oria
World Sylph. If you want this server i can get you a world pass.

The Force
i wish i had a ps2

Maelstrum
actually.....you can buy a world pass your self....then when you are specifying a server...you just say the name of it...and type the number in when it tells you too....its quite an easy thing to do.....and to correct an earlier post, world passes cost from 1200 - 1400...not 2000

BackFire
It's pretty simple really, I wanted to try all the jobs to see which one I liked best. Unlike some people, I'm in no rush to get to the higher lvls, if I rush it simply takes fun away from the game.

Also, lvling as a red mage, I didn't really have an identifiable type of skill that made me want to go into a certain advanced job. So that's anothe reason that I tested a bunch of them out.

However, now that I have tried most of them out, I'll very likely stick with Ranger. The damage output by a ranger is second to none, and almost makes a dark knight obsolete in comparison. Sure, people complain about the expenses, but it isn't all that bad if you know what you're doing and you saved gil during whatever the first job you played was.

Also, it's nice having multiple jobs at around lvl 11 or so. This way, if, as a ranger I get tired of doing damage, I can go back to bastok, change my job to bard or whatever, and go help people in the party. Because I found that doing the same thing for too long in that game gets tiresome very quickly.

Maelstrum
YAY! i made it to Windurst for my mission.....to find that the place in Windurst is too dificult at the moment....even with my friend as help....we died pretty bad...but its cool... we are going to train so hard for the next couple days....Maybe get some Bone Armor....that would be nice (we are both 13)

SaTsuJiN
you're trying to do the emissary mission at level 13? lmao!

RME
I'm getting this game in four days for the PC. I know I'm gonna need some help.

The Force
hey what's a Bard, and a ranger?

what jobs are those

eleveninches
Were they going to make a final fantasy game based on the movie? If so, which one will it be?

The Force
Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

eleveninches
The 'the spirits within' movie??

The Force
no

eleveninches
were they going to make a game of that movie??

BackFire
Bard is a support job for parties, as a bard you basically sing songs that raise certain attributes for your party members, or you can sing songs that lower attributes for monsters.

Ranger is a bow and arrow expert, they do the most damage out of any class in the game.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. and to do the most damage you need to buy bows that cost 20,000 gil to 50,000 gil and higher. Not to mention the expensive arrows that go with it.

I'm a Paladin fan

Maelstrum
Satsujin - Your trying to do the Emissary mission at level 13? lmao

trying is definately the key word there, we arent doing so great. lol

The Force
well i thought that that was what a ranger was, but i had know idfea what a bard was, thanks man thumb up

BackFire
I'm lvling as a Ranger right now, and it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Sure the bows are a bit expensive, but by the time you get a job to lvl 30 you should have more then enough gil to get a ranger to lvl 40. I've bought all the bows I'll need up till lvl 30, and I still have 100,000 gil left over.

Plus making money in the game isn't particularly difficult, it can be time consuming, but difficult it is not.

The Force
i wish i had the game... dangit mad

BackFire
It's a fun game. If you have a decent PC i highly recomend it.

The Force
you can get it on pc to?!!?!?!?! confused

BackFire
Yeah, it's been out for the PC for about 5 months. That's what most people play it on.

Maelstrum
what level should i be for The Emissary mission?

The Force
oh, well then i guess i can get it now

BackFire
That's the one where you have to fight the dragon, if I'm not mistaken. You should be around 25 or so.

Aerosin
blink... Fun!

SaTsuJiN
I definately wouldnt suggest emmisary til you're level 20's , unless you can get some high levels to help you out with the final part of the mission

The Force
i still got to get the game erm

tbones527
Does it cost money to play online? If so... then... can't play it... well i'm poor like that lol.

BackFire
It costs 13 dollars a month. Not very much.

I haven't been playing very much lately though. I was fortunate enough to get into the World of Warcraft beta test, so that has been dominating most of my time. Great game by the way.

Maelstrum
does anyone happen to have a pass for the world Caitsith? i could really use one....id pay you back as soon as possible

SaTsuJiN
some of the things you'll come across in FFXI

1-winged angel
~hey im trying to make a new rpg about X-men and final fantasy and kingdom hearts all combined into one, but i need some ppl to say they will join it, its in the I WANT TO START A NEW GAME forum here is the link if u cant be bothered looking for it http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...457#post1529457 ok guys plz join it~

The Force
woy that things freaky no expression

grtrigos
Ive been playing FFXI for 3 weeks , Im a HWAR Lv 10 with no Gil !! How in the world do you get up in the thousands !!! Just a question ? big grin

Maelstrum
you kill things...you recieve things...you sell things....make sure you always have signet..what server you on? oh yeah! do quests....lots of quests...and if you ever want to do balista or mean anything to your country do missions

Maelstrum
how does this have anything to do with anything related to final fantasy 11?

The Force
did you kow that you can buy gil on ebay laughing out loud

Bearongo
Well I just got it a week ago, but the POL screen keeps popin up so I'ma gonna change my modem. Do you guys think that a Galka WAR that uses a spear or a BIG F***en sword (pardon my small amout of french) will be good?

The Force
hey what's the music like on the game?

BackFire
It's nice, FF style music.

The Force
do you have a favorite

ragesRemorse
FFXI is more or less a waste of time. The only good thing about it, is the music. Everything else has been done and done alot better. If your going to invest into an online Rpg gamming expierence go with camelot. Final fantasy should stay offline and stick with what works. Event hough after X-2 it seems they dont even know what works anymore

BackFire
That's simply untrue. Dark Age of Camelot is extremely dated and boring. FFXI is basically THE best MMORGP in existance. It does indeed do the same things as the others, but it does them alot better.

Better graphics, music, gameplay, features, jobs and the best thing it does is the way it forces strategic gameplay when your in a party. Nothing is as satisfying as getting into a great party and killing an Incredibly Tough monster and getting 200 exp for the first time with little effort.

Also, unlike other games, there's always something to look forward too. Before lvl 18, you try to get to lvl 18 to get your support job, then you start trying to get to lvl 30 to get the advanced jobs. Then after 30 you get to look forward to powerful abilities/spells for your character if you decided to stick with your original job, plus you get to look forward to getting your airship pass. It's a game that really keeps you playing and makes you think "I'll stop after I gain just one more lvl".

This shouldn't suggest that the game has no flaws however, it has them, and they're big. But I can't think of a MMORPG that' doesn't have horrible flaws. The biggest flaw to me is the inability to solo should you ever want to. It's pretty much an imposiblity. But once you get used to grouping it becomes alot funner and more exciting then soloing.

Anyway, FFXI is indeed the online rpg to go with right now. That is untill World of Warcraft comes out. Already in beta state that game is heads and shoulders better then anything else that's out right now.

Baron_Drakus
well i beta tested the game forthe ps2 last year and it was so much fun. the whole bunch of use that got selected to beta test from being a g.a.p. member and probally everyone else got it for free. and well ever since it came several weeks ago i have been spendin what ever extra time and all my gaming time playing that game. as far as the pay to play part, i could care less, cuz i can just put it on my platnuim card and never really have to worry about the bill. anyways that is my story so till then peace out and rock on dudes \m/

SaTsuJiN
Heres a pic I took at the end of my friends wedding.. the paladin is the groom and Im the white mage with the red cloth armor and taru's around him in the foreground ^_^

BackFire
You still play this game Satsujin? I've been wanting to go back and play, but my account expired and I can't seem to reactivate it...I've heard rumors that once you're account expires after 90 days you have to buy a new copy to play again. Probably isn't true, but still, my playonline ID is not longer "valid". And I'm too lazy to call support.

What lvl are you now?

Agent Elrond
it's probaly 90 days of inactivity.

anyway, have this game, love it. I only wish I had more time. It takes forever to get from one place to another. Very good game, can't wait to get CoP.

SaTsuJiN
53 WHM smile
and I think after 90 days it does expire.. Im not exactly sure of the policy though.

I'm on diabolos though.. if you needed a worldpass after thinking of playing again I'd hook ya up wink

lotuswargod
ninja well im on the diablo server and im loving every minute of it iv been playing every since last october. my favorite thing to do is farm and make gil. lol i know how to make bookoos of gil my main job is a thief withc is lvl 56 if ur on my server give a shout out to Lotuswargod smile
Happy Dance

SaTsuJiN
ah smile ... if anyones ever on diabolos give a shout out to me.. Makou
Im 53 whm / 34 blm / 33 pld / 30 war and basically under level 10 in all other jobs

BackFire
Did they add anything good in the new expansion?

SaTsuJiN
I only have Rise of the Zilart.. and to be honest thats all Im getting.. as for "Chains of Promathia"...my friends say the "Emptyness" areas that you reach from touching the crag telepoints are pretty cool.. because you cap yourself at say 30 , 40 , 50 etc.. and it makes partying easier.. plus that exp is supposedly given to your 'real' uncapped level after you exit the empty zone.. I dont know if that makes it worth spending 30 dollars on though .. especially when lineage 2's chronicle 2 : age of splendor is free. and then you have WoW coming up..so Im kinda torn in that respect.. alot of good memories in FFXI though.

Heres me and my friends (Im leveling warrior in Yhoator jungle atm)

BackFire
Absolutely, FFXI was the first MMOG I really really got into. All the other kinda left me feeling bored and a bit dry. FFXI was great, I have many many fond memories with that game. It's a shame that the account expires once it's inactive for 90 days, because sometimes I'd really like to get back into the world of Vana'diel.

kokiril33t
just got it...Bahamut server, Windurst, Level 8 Red Mage!

SaTsuJiN
This is the official site for Chains of Promathia :
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/promathia/
just in case anyone is interested in what its about..
(personally i prefer patch release notes like what blizzard does, if I need to know about new additions... but apparently asian programmers arent familiar with that..)

Lightning Count
Is FFXI online for pc a pay to play game, or do you buy it and have it?

BackFire
You have to pay to buy a copy of the game (around 30 bucks now) and then you have to pay monthly to play the game (12 bucks I think).

SaTsuJiN
Me running past heavens tower In Windurst Walls :

Agent Elrond
as well as a buck for each additional character

we_love_trees
hmm that sounds quite good, i assummed it would be rubbish when i heard summin about having to pay for gil and how it is completely different to all the other FF's. Do you have to pay monthly to play like Sims online and game like that?

BackFire
Yes, but there is no reason to create additional characters in this game. One chracter can be any class at any given time.

Agent Elrond
some ppl use additional characters as mules, storage characters. People who are crafters use mules to sell more of their crafts at the AH. More AH slots=more money.

balloonhead
theres a final fantasy 11 man there goin crazy last time i checked it was 7, D*** i really need to read more magazines, What ever.

jrskjs
i love all the final fantasy games, and try to buy them all! the ff11 game is awesome- the graphics are amazing! happy

FFXI is an addiction, i play it all the time

Name: Arovise
Race: Elvaan Male
Server: Unicorn
Nation: San D'oria
Crafts: 85 Woodworking, 53 Bonecraft, 25 Smithing, 32 Alchemy
Job: 75 Samurai, 37 Thief, 37 Warrior, 37 Ninja

im starting a new job, Paladin

i have a lot of fun stuff and am into the End game God fights, its just a pure addiction

liam k
hi, you can ff11 on xbox 360, do u nedd to hav xboxlive to play it?, coz it looks amazing!

K.Diddy
Is this on X box or PS2? blink

liam k
xbox

liam k
i jus need to know that's all

SaTsuJiN
PC
Xbox 360
PS2

and yes you need Xbox Live to play it on xbox360

JToTheP
I just started to play a few days ago with my friend. We're trying to get those stupid body parts from the turtles in that cave for a quest. The collecting Missions/Quests bother me, along with no character editting after you set it up, but otherwise I like it so far. I may not play passed the first free month though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.