Who's the evil behind the evil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
I have a new theory. What is Anakin as the chosen one, even with hispath unclear, was truly destined to do great good and bring balance, Anakin having no evil intent whatsoever.

Imagine if an external force then comes into play that drives a wedge between Anakin and his good intent. Forcing him onto a path of anger that leads to the darkside. Turning him against memebers of the Jedi Council and causing great discourse because this extrenal intervener has their own agenda?

It may have never been destined that Luke even become involved in the balancing but this external intervension caused a greater inbalance that even Anakin could not correct at the time, requiring a rethinking in the strategy to bring balance to the force?

Just a new thory based on MVHO

yodaadoy9
nice theory. Sounds probable to me

OneArmedWampa
its a nice theory, but prophecy is always vague. it will mention a boy who will bring balace, but never how or when. its so there is room for interpretation. if its open ended, then its more likely to be perceived as true. anyway, i don't think the prophecy shifts because of the turn. maybe, anakin's turn and luke's precence were forseen to always be a part of the necessities for anakin to bring balance to the force.

Dim
Okay...but what kind of outside interference is bigger than the force. Because it would seem to me that the inferference would have to be something on that scale to change the hand of destiny...I don't know..maybe the darkside could do that...but we don't see it by itself...and it is part of the greater force...so how could it really be something that wasn't already destined by the Force?

Ratcat
Destiny sets a journey, how that journey is travelled is at the choice of the living individual. Anakin was destined to bring balance. It is doubtful that the prophesy will say how he does this. (See Prophesy of Balance thread)

What I am saying is that Anakin is truely good and is dragged into the darkside by the corrupt evil around him.

All this stuff about Anakin and him hating the Jedi Council when he was 9 should be absolute rubbish. Any nine year old who is told he can't have something he want will be annoyed, angered and even "hate" the person or people preventing him from having what he wants right there and then.

This happens to every kid at many times in their life. No you can't have a lolly pop, no you can't have a bike. Kids resent this at the time but they don't turn into evil people because of that.

I think we need to look a lot deeper than the what's right in front of us to really understand the truth of what is going on here.

finti
In my understanding of the force, the dark side have some main features and they are anger,hate,fear and aggression.
In the book ROTJ regarding the conversation between Obi Wan and Luke, Obi says"The emperor sensed Anakins power and lured him to the dark side."
By sensing his power the emepror probably sensed his weakness, like Yoda sensed it in TPM, fear. And by knowing his weakness Palpatine played Anakin like a puppet on a string. Maby giving him,as chancelor, tasks and missions that would involve people Anakin cared for. By doing so Anakin had to face his fear by dealing with it, maby he got angry and agressive to help these persons. By using anger and agresivness your close to hatred and those makes you powerful. And the journey toward the dark side have begun. Remember Yodas word "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

evil face

yodaadoy9
very good point there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.