Mixed Race Families

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gotta get rich
does anyone else out there come from a mixed race family? cos if you do you'll know how hard it is. my mom is black and my dad is white, i was born black and my younger brother was born white. in our city (phoenix) there are plenty of blacks and whites, but virtually no black/white families. we get quite a lot of harrasment, and eventually my dad gave up and divorced my mom and went to live in England, and then she made my brother leave because she said he had taken my dad's side, so now he lives half his life with my dads sister in phoenix and the other half in england with my dad. my dad wont speak to me, and my mom wont speak to my brother, and they definitely wont speak to each other. some people in the streets call me things like 'zebra' and i've been arrested 4 times for public violence against them, but what do you expect? family sucks.

total metalhead
hey! 'family sucks'??? thanx bro

Storm
The mirror reflects
our lives back to us,
and shows us
what we look like to others,
but it doesn' t show
what we look like to ourselves,
and it doesn' t show
what' s inside.
It only shows things
that shouldn't matter
to anyone...
It is who you are that' s important!
I hope I' m not the only one thinking this way.

Fitch
cheers for Storm ! big grin

Phoenix
If people are going to be rude to you because you are mixed race, thn they are not worth knowing, retaliating to or even acknowledging!

julibug
"I believe in kingdom come
When all the colors will bleed into one." U2

I pray that some day race will not be an issue for people. Until then, hang in there. You are no better or worse than anyone else, no matter what your skin color. You are you! smile

total metalhead
he's actually been arrested 6 times........

julibug
That is very unfortunate, but I still believe there is hope. People can change, and I hope the whole race issue will be resolved (& dissolved).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.