How's Harry Gonna Get So Strong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
Can someone please enlighten me as to how lil Harry Potter is supposed to take down Voldemort when a wizard such as Dumbledore has his work cut out for him? Do you think Harry will obtain some magical artifact in the next 2 books? Or do you think he will receive some special magical training? If so, who teaches him, Order of the Phoenix members, Dumbledore, or some unknown 3rd party. I feel that he'll either need to learn a new form of magic or his final confrontation with Voldy will need to be more like a 5 on 1, with Phoenix members teaming with Harry to take down Voldemort. Thoughts anyone?

hpxmenlotrnerd
Hmmmmmm.....good point Linkalicious, dumbledore had a rough time with Voldy in the 5th book so Im guessing something huge is gonna have to take place...I like the artifact idea, maybe Snape teaches himstick out tongue wouldnt that suck, unlikely tho. hes gotta learn some really advanced magic to take on voldy, even hermione wouldnt be able to......or maybe its ancient magic like on privet drive...who knows

Phoenix
Their wands can't work against each other, but I think Neville might vanquish the Dark Lord, Neville rocks!

airangel429
I totally agree Phoe! B/C their weapons dont do jack squat against each other...AND NEVILLE'S GONNA HAVE HIS OWN WAND...B/C HIS HAD GOTTEN BROKEN!!!!!

Linkalicious
Neville doesn't stand a chance against Voldemort, and this whole theory everyone supports about Neville being the one from the prophecy is just speculation. And who's to say Harry doesn't use quick wits and his cunning in order to dispose of Voldy's wand? Then Harry could use his wand to kill Voldemort because Voldemort wouldn't have a wand to protect him.(again more speculation) I just think that after reading 5 books, the idea of Neville actually being THE ONE is kind of proposterous.

Schizo_n_me
Oh right! I'd totally forgotten that whole prophesy thing with Neville and all! I was like 'Where the hell does everyone get the idea with neville defeating him?' Okay, this makes a bit more sense to me now....embarrasment

LindsIsTightK
Harry is filled with a lot of good, which Voldemort doesn't have. The power of good can overrule pure evil more often then not.

vvvrulz
By eating spinach yes

Loony_Luna

Linkalicious
I agree and JK will probably make a big point about being good and kind hearted because it is a children's book, but isn't that kinda "star wars-ish". Light will always overcome dark, blah blah blah. I know patronus' are to eliminate dementors, but what if Harry could conjur up his stag patronus and have it ram voldy in the butt with one of his huge antlers, that would be funny. I think that whatever "weapon" is in the department of mysteries is going to play a big part in the destruction of Voldemort. Do any of you think that Voldy will be able to control Harry's thoughts at the begining of the 6th book?

Antaraka
Well either way Neville wont kill Voldemort because, well he kinda sucks at magic. If you think about it, I mean he couldnt really do anything on the raid, and that was just death eaters. We're talking about the whole cake here, not just a slice. Besides, who ever said their wands can't work against each other. I mean sure it made a giant golden sphere that made it so only those two could battle, and who says whats to happen after the golden string thing breaks, or sucks all the souls from Voldemorts wand, maybe they will work against each other. Atop of that, their wands arn't IDENTICAL, just what they have on the inside.

As for being good and all, I think one of them will have to die. If she can kill Sirius, dont' you think that she can kill Voldemort?

Hopefully she turns the books up a maturity notch for the last 2 books, eh?

Linkalicious
Yeah i wasn't sure if Phoenix was right or not, but i wasn't under the impression that they wouldn't work against eachother. If 14 year old Harry can hold his own on voldy with that golden thread, then 17 yr old Harry should lay waste to Voldemort.

Kai_Haider
LoL How old are you.

LindsIsTightK
I'm 17, not that that's a relevant piece of information but ok.................

Linkalicious
Lindsay, ur right its not relevant at all. And as corny and weird as that sounds, it's right on the money. And Kai, try to remember this isn't Mein Kampf, it's a children's story.

BackFire
He's going to eat spinach and drink lots of milk.

starprincess366
um that profacy really confused me. i really don't like neville all that much but imagine if longbottom really did vanquish the dark lord? nah, i think harry and neville team up and strick back! WUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.