The Simpsons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I love the TV show The Simpsons. I have been taping it for 9 years now. I am on my 17th tape. Does anyone else like the Simpsons?

queeq
It's okay, but not so wonderful to tape it. But good for you.

mechmoggy
I love the Simpsons, it's right up there in my list with Seinfeld, Friends etc. I've even started to like Futurama too.

queeq
Futurama? THat's new to me. What is it?

Ratcat
Futurama is by the same guy that did the Simpsons. It's about a Pizza Boy (Fry) who accidently gets frozen and reawakened in the year 3000.

There is also a robot called Bender (who is a girder bending robot), a one eyed humandoid alien named Leela, Dr. Zoigburg who is a Lobster alien plus a few more.

Basically it's a similar kind of humour to the Simpsons.

mechmoggy
Fry is like a young Homer in my opinion. After getting to know the characters I think it's every bit as funny as the Simpsons. Top notch. big grin

Gundark
I love the Simpsons. Actually, its over a lot of people's heads. There's a lot of fast in-jokes and references that people totally miss. D'oh !

Ratcat
Yes, Fry is like a young Homor.

And I agree with Gundark. My Mom just doesn't get the Simpsons at all.

Gundark
Tommy misses half the stuff in it too. Especially the sci-fi references.

queeq
Time to train him then, Gundy.

finti
Simpsons is cool, but my fav show is Jackass. big grin

Gundark
Finti, you're leaving yourself wide open on that one.

I've found Tommy to be completely untrainable...gave up years ago.

queeq
A real man. Good choice, Gundy. wink

Gundark
He's as un-whipped as they come. But then I'm very independent by nature, so I treat him as I desire to be treated. I do what I want when I want and so does he. It all works very well you see.

queeq
Er.... if you say so...

ToMacco
The Simpsons is an ongoing classic tale of the american family. Of course, most families don't get into as many wacky adventures as the Simpsons.

Even the episodes I don't find particulary funny, they are always top notch. The family is presented with a problem, and they may or may not be at each other's throats throughout the episode. But in the end, they are always at peace with one another, and are a family. How may shows can you say that about? Every episode is a happy ending.

Texas
I love the Simpsons, My Smashing Pumpkins were featured in an episode cool They have the first season on DVD already, with every season coming out soon.

Jackass is way kewl too, I like Steve-O and Party Boy! smokin'

yerssot
Yeah, another simpson-fan here.
sad there aren't new seizons here sad

Ushgarak
*Signs name in Simpsons fan book*

Ratcat
Simpsons is one the TV so much, which means loads of repeated episodes. sad

yerssot
I KNOW!!!
Seen every episode appr. 6 times!

ToMacco
yerssot- that sucks that you don't get new Episodes!

yerssot
Well, every thursday there are new episodes, they will stop in a week or 8 and then we can wait a FULL year for the new, and everytime see the re-runs sad

Gundark
Never get tired of Simpsons re-runs.

yerssot
in Yodas voice:
you will be,... you will be

Gundark
Maybe you could find the Simpsons website and register a complaint.

yerssot
they say it's not their problem

Gundark
now that sounds like something Homer would say.

finti
hmmm beer

Texas
D'oh

Ratcat
They show one new episode a week on Sky One on a Sunday night.

ToMacco
Homer is the best character on the show. But there are so many great characters, which keep the show fresh always.

There was an episode on the other day, which made me laugh for a long time. It's the April Fools episode. My GOD that is funny!

Bart shakes up a beer so much, that it wiggles in the fridge, then he turns up the thermastat. Homer is on the couch eating chips. Then a public service announcement comes on the televison: "Warning; excess amount of alcohol consumtion can cause liver disease, and cancer of the rectum" Homer replies "Mmm, beer." laughing out loud laughing out loud

mechmoggy
The Simpsons has so many good characters, you can never get bored. I love that really tall guy who made Nelson walk down the street with his trouser down!

"Are you laughing at the size of my automobile? I can't afford a bigger automobile"

Or even the English dude who stole sugar from Homers big sugar pile..."I nicked it, when you let your guard down"

I could go on too. laughing out loud

yerssot
yeah, but a lot (all?) episodes are really good!

mechmoggy
Can't stand the ones that use clips from old episodes, I feel jipped. sad

yerssot
the one with Troy McClure and the remote control?

Raz
I would also like to confess...I'm a Simpsons fan. I even went down to the Simpsons-Mania they had last year, where I got some cool autographs big grin

Although I have to say the last two seasons have been very poor. I'm glad they've decided to dump Mike Scully.

yerssot
eek!

Texas
I liked the one when Homer goes to work for the evil billionaire. Hillarious!!!!!

yerssot
There was today with the rerun a joke that was hard:
with the postmaster:
Bart:
"Are there persons who killed here at the postoffice?"
Postmaster:
"No, that time is over"
Skinner:
"I'm glad I just work at school"

ToMacco
Have you guys seen the one where Homer joins the NRA and buys a gun? He uses the gun to open a beer, turn on the TV, to turn out the lights.

"I'm sorry for getting a gun Marge. I just feel a great surge of power when I hold it - like God must feel. . .when HE'S holding a gun."

Texas
That was a good one. I the end when Marge takes the gun out of the trash flashes it around and puts it in her purse.

ToMacco
Gun owner: "You have to wait five days before I can give you this handgun."

Homer: "Five days? But I'm mad now!"

jedi212guy
One of my favorite episodes is part 1 where Mr. Burns gets shot. Man, that whole episode is hilarious!! big grin

Raz
The NRA episode was actually banned here in the UK, due to its supposed promotion on the use of guns....stupid Sky roll eyes (sarcastic)

They did though decide to release it on video....which is how I finally saw it.

yerssot
You know what? when ep1 of 'Who shot mister Burns?' was played in Belgium, I knew who done it!

Texas
That's just ridiculous! They can show sex and violence but they cant show a cartoon that contains a gun! The episode really didn't promote guns either, it was very neutral on that issue.

yerssot
I thought it was promoting anti-gun: Homer WAS banned because he used the gun in the most rediculous way

ToMacco
Yeah, that's pretty stupid

yerssot
the episode or the banning?

Ushgarak
What year was that episode? If it was soon after Dunblane then the chances of it being shown were zero.

Texas
98 or 99 I think

ToMacco
Burns getting shot was the last episode of season 8, and whodunit was the first episode of season 9. This season coming up will be it's 11th. So you do the math what year it was. I'm too damn lazy. smokin'

yerssot
the new episode was on yesterday, didn't caught the start, Homer doing strange stuff for Mr Burns who paid him for that. Can someone explain that?

Texas
i dunno

ToMacco
yerssot

What was he doing? The only episode I can think of, is when Smither's takes a vacation and Homer takes over for a while.

confused

Raz
I think he means the Season 12 Episode - "Homer vs. Dignity":

Ushgarak
According to the programme guide. BTW. the Who Shot Burns two parter was end of season 6, start of season 7.

ToMacco
You're right, Ush. I got confused.

I have "The Simpsons: Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family". It has an episode guide in it. And you were right. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. confused eek!

ToMacco
Who's seen the episode where Sideshow Bob comes after Bart, so the family goes into the witness relocation program. And Homer wears around "Witness Relocation Program" shirts and hats. laughing out loud

yerssot
Thanx Raz!

Now that was funny!!!!
Homer didn't understand a thing about it!
"If I step on your foot and say: Hello mister Impson."
You smile and nod
He does that and Homer whispering to the other
"I think he's talking to you."

Very good one!

Texas
I liked the episode where they bring the Monorail to Springfiedl! *singing* Monorail..........Monorail.........Monorail...........

yerssot
everyone of springfield singing:
monorail.......monorail.......monorail......
Homer:
mono d'oh!

ToMacco
laughing out loud

Yeah, they're at the town meeting trying to decide how to spend Mr. Burn's money. Marge suggests they use it to fix Main Street because it's all tore up from people leaving their weather chains on, and carring too much weight.

Then it cuts to a picture of Homer driving with weather chains on, carrying a piano on the roof of his car. "Woohoo! Look at that pavement fly!" big grin

ToMacco
They just had the episode where Homer invented "ToMacco". Funny stuff, funny stuff.

yerssot
that was on the tv a month ago...
that was good!

ToMacco
The season premire is on tonight. Homer and Bart have to be attached at the hand. ( I don't know why, I guess I'll find out tonight!)smile

yerssot
darn! again I have to wait a year for that episode!

ToMacco
why's that?

yerssot
because VT4 is slow I guess sad

ToMacco
well that sure sucks! Remind me never to move to Belgium!embarrasment

yerssot
I'm already convincing you to stay away wink
nah, eventually it will come on the tv

ToMacco
I should send you copies of the tapes that I make, so you wouldn't have to wait.

yerssot
that will take more weeks then seeing it on tv, I think

ToMacco
I missed the new episode, I was watching Saving Private Ryan on ABC.

yerssot
bad choice...

ToMacco
Did you see it yerssot? Was it funny?

ToMacco
okay, I'm an idiot. You told me earlier you don't get the episodes for a year. You meant because I watched the movie instead of the Simpsons.

Sorry yerssot, it's early here. I'm barely awake.sad

yerssot
whoohoo!
now, you didn't taped it?

ToMacco
Nope. It will be on a rerun, though.

yerssot
when?

ToMacco
probably in a few weeks. If not that, then sometime this summer.

yerssot
well, you will see it sooner then

ToMacco
I hope so. It looked pretty good. Did anyone see it last night? (Homer and Bart are attached at the wrist)

ToMacco
I'm watching a tape right now.

"Call Mr. Plow, that's my name! That name again, is Mr. Plow!"

Texas
I love that episode, and the Barney goes off and becomes the Plow King.

ToMacco
Yeah, it's damn good. ANyone else seen it?

Texas
I love the Simpsons episode with The Smashing Pumpkins, hmmm let me see, has Bob Dylan ever appeared on The Simpsons, ummmmmm NOOOOOOOOOOOstick out tongue evil face stick out tongue

ToMacco
laughing out loud

Tex, thanks for remembering that Bob Dylan is my favorite artist. The episode with Smashing Pumpins was pretty funny, man.laughing out loud

Texas
Your welcome guybig grin

ToMacco
I'm currently watching the episode where the Simpsons have all those puppies.

Texas
Awhhhhh, they were all so cutesmile

ToMacco
It's funny. Mr. Burns wanted to skin them all and make a vest.smile

yerssot
see my loofers, former goofers...rolling on floor laughing

Texas
Mr. Burns is kewl!smokin'

yerssot
See my vest; oh will you please see my veeeeeeeest!
I really like this vest!

Smithers: I noticed it; sir.

ToMacco
The makers of the Simpsons had it so that Burns was just like Charles Foster Kane. They've even made a few episodes parodying Citizen Kane.

yerssot
yeah I know! They do some great stuff there!

ToMacco
The simpsons have made references to pretty much every single classic movie. Even Episode I.

yerssot
episode I? can't remember that one...

ToMacco
It's a halloween special. the comic book guy has all of those celebrities hostage. And he pulled out the double edged lightsabre.

I think it was called "Strech Dude and Clober girl."

Texas
Episode I a classic? HA!!!!!

yerssot
hmm, haven't seen that one yet...

ToMacco
Good point, Tex

Texas
I knowsmokin'

sand person no. 10
the radioactive man episode and the homer v's New york are both great.

Texas
I wonder if they will ever aire the episode where Homer goes to The World Trade Center?

yerssot
as long as it's not Texas big grin

mechmoggy
It's strange you should say that Tex, cus once the WTC was in my concious thought I've begun to notice it in loads of programs like Friends etc. I even saw OBL picture on the FBI most wanted list on the film "Hannibal" which I'd never really noticed before.

We only miss things once they are gone. sad

Texas
Yeah, theres this show called 'Spin City', and it's in like every re-run, but it's just used as a background, on that Simpsons episode, he actually goes into it and it's a central plot of the story, so I doubt they will ever show it again. It will be on of those episodes people talk about 20 years from now when the Simpsons will be considered a classic. They will be like"Do you guys know that there is a Simpsons episode where Homer goes to the World Trade Center?" and they will be like "No way!!", it's like that epsiode of I Love Lucy when Lucy and Ethel dres up like Jews, it's been banned, but people still talk about it.

ToMacco
That's a good episode.

It opens up at Moe's Bar. Moe tells everyone they have to have designated drivers from now on. Barney chose the black egg, so he stayed sobre.

He drove everyone home in Homer's car, then goes on a two month drinking binge.

Homer gets a letter saying his car is parked between the two towers. So the Simpsons go to New York. Homer waits for the police officer to come take the boot off his car. But he decideds to eat some Klokalush, and drink about 12 crab juices (instead of Mountain Dew)laughing out loud

So Homer ran all the way up Tower 1, only to find that the bathroom was out of order, so back down he went, and climbed all the way up the stairs on Tower 2.

More stuff happens, but this is too much typing. I'm done.sad

yerssot
It was Kalkavach, actually

ToMacco
Hmm, well whatever.

Who drinks crab juice?

Texas
Then the Kalkavach vendor reappears in that episode where Lisa takes the bus downtown to the museum and ends up in little Russiarolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
That's funny too.

Homer needs to get high in the air to see everything. So he buys all of those balloons. Then he says to the guy 'These are for you if you let me use your cherrypicker"

Texas
Hillariousrolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
Lisa is talking to the busdriver. "Don't make me tap the sign," he says. "do not talk to driver'.smile

yerssot
OMG that was a good episode!

Lisa looking on the map; after discovering Area51(a)
You are here, we are not

ToMacco
"No ma'am this is Area 51 b"laughing out loud

yerssot
darn! that was a good one!

Texas
I like the episode where Frank Grimes gets a job at the power plant, The Smashing Pumpkins were mentioned in that episode alsosmokin'

ToMacco
Did you ever see the one where he talked with the Pumpkins?

"Hi, I'm Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins"

"I'm Homer Simpson, smiling politely"

Texas
Of Course I havesmile

ToMacco
How about the one where Homer and Bart drive the truck for Red Barkley.

They stop at that theator and watch the movie "The Moster that Ate Everybody"

It ate everybody, stupid!laughing out loud

Texas
That one wasn't too funny, I liked the one with the troll horse jockey's

ToMacco
With Furious D?

Texas
Yes, the punk horserolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
Did you see the one where that rich guy opens up that mall, and the entire town loves him. (Arthur Fortune)

Mr. Burns wants to be popular too, so he goes up to Homer and says "Homer, I want to be loved."

Homer nervously says "Okay, well. . . I'll need some beer."

Texas
Yeah, they were making fun of Virgin CEO Richard Branson or whatever his name is, that was a funny episode

ToMacco
I've always got the Simpsons on when I'm posting here. Thank God I've been taping them all these years.

ToMacco
Homer: "Well I quit my job, just like you told me to!"

Marge: "I didn't tell you to quit your job!"

Homer: "Yes you did, I remember your exsact words. You told me to quit my job, and become a full-time inventer, or you'd torch the house!"laughing out loud

Tyson
mad my best character has to be Leopold no question he makes me cry with laughter! hes awsome

yerssot
Leopold? who's that?

Tyson
another guy who is awsome is the given HOMER he is 1 of the best characters ever

Tyson
u gotta no who leopold is! any self respecting simpsons fan nos who he is!

yerssot
guess I'm not a self respecting fan then... sad

Tyson
1.Homer
2.Leopold
3.supernintendochalmers
4.Moe/krusty
5.marge in episode when burns is broke.

lisa: But mr burns is different now
Marge: yeh hes broke

Classic

yerssot
can you please explain to me who is Leopold?

ToMacco
Even I'VE never herd of Leopold. Tyson is making shit up.mad

New episode on tonight!smile

yerssot
Thursday was about tennis, nice one

ToMacco
Is that the one where they build a tennis court in their backyard?

Homer wouldn't take it seriously, and it pissed Marge off.big grin

yerssot
yep that's the one

"I have it in my pocket" rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
How did that even get started (them building a court). I don't remember. I seem to recall Homer and Abe shopping for a casket. Is that right? But how do they end up getting a tennis court?

I love in that episode, where they are tightening the net, and the dog runs into it and bounces off.laughing out loud

yerssot
for prestige, I think it was... short memorie sad

yeah! that was a good one! and Homer's line:
Look Marge! I'm surfing on the net!

yerssot
btw Tyson; it's super intender Chalmers, not super nintendo

ToMacco
laughing out loud

I've got to find that episode on my tapes. I have to know how they ended up with a court. It will bother me all night.mad

sand person no. 10
the best character by far is mr burns, he's "excellent"big grin big grin

any one who is that evil and that funny has got to be alright.

ToMacco
I love that he always forgets Homer's name.

"Simpson, eh?"

Texas
I liked the episode where Homer goes to work for the evil Billionarire, not Mr. Burns, the other evil Billionairewink

ToMacco
Yeah, that one is good too. He works for Scorpion, which seizes the East coast right under Homer's nose.

I like when they killed James Bond in that episode.

Homer claims his lifelong dream is to own the Dallas Cowboys. And in the end, Scorpion gives him the Broncos.

"Aww, the Denver Broncos?sad " Damn, that's funny stuff.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>