What Is Sati?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
I no mostly everything that can be knwn about the matrix, since i have only seen revolutions once though i would like someone to explain Sati to me. i know that she is "the last exile" and everyhing however how does she make the sun come up exc. that i dont get.............. i have to see it again to absorb more info...... but i want to here some theroys on what she is and why?

-IT ENDS TONOGHT...

-I KNOW IT DOES, I'VE SEEN IT, THATS WHY THE REST OF ME IS GOING TO SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE SHOW, WE ALREADY KNOW I'M THE ONE THAT BEATS YOU.......

The none
Sati is actually a Hindu Goddess, whom tamed the seemingly "untamable" great god Shiva by merrying him (smith?).

Come to think of it, Sati actrually means "lucky" or so I thought, together with Oracle's cookies.........here comes........Lucky Cookies! How about that?!

^^

Johan-El
It's interesting that Shiva was Sati's consort. Shiva is the Destroyer in Hindu mythlogy. Forgive me if a remember incorrectly, but I think that Shiva creates the world every 'morning' he wakes up and destroys it when he goes to sleep.

'The creation sustains itself by a delicate balance between the opposing forces of good and evil. When this balance is disturbed and sustenance of life becomes impossible, Lord Shiva dissolves the universe for creation of the next cycle so that the unliberated souls will have another opportunity to liberate themselves from bondage with the physical world.' (Can't post the link)

It's also interesting that her Sati's (in the movie) father is Rama-Kandra. In the mythology, Rama-Kandra rescued Sati from nasty enemies and brought her to a safe land. And Rama-Kandra is the 7th incarnation of the god Vishnu, as has been mentioned elsewhere. (And Neo is the 6th One, hmm...)

The none
Soooooooo........the matrix might be shifting to Karma Sutra from the Bible should there be a sequal??!! Holy Mooly............ big grin

Mordecai
Sati is a program without purpose, which means there are no limitations to her abilities.

Thats one theory thats brought up alot.

Another one is that its because she is a program made from love and the only program actually born of two other programs.

Put the two theories together and i'd say thats the answer.

anomaly12
Guys u've got hindu mythology seriously wrong! wat u're talking abt is sita, not sati. sati is not an incarnation of any goddess.for details on wat it is ,refer to the thread, "the indian connection(revolutions)" started by me. and shiva doesnt create the world at all. shiva is there only to destroy, brahma is the creator ,vishnu the overseer and shiva the destroyer.

JediHDM
anomaly is correct.

The none
Don't mean to challenge u anomaly12, have done a little homework surfing the net n sati, or to be exact, Shakti, was indeed the wife of Shiva, whilie Sita n Rama r couple.

BTW, Hindu mythology also fascinate me. eek!

JediHDM
yes, Sita is an incarnation of Lakshmi, same as Kamala is an incarnation of Lakshmi. As for Shiva, i dont know.

((The_Anomaly))
i think that u guys are missing the point, i want to know wht she is IN THE MATRIX SERIES not in mythology or anything like that, wht is she other then the "last exile"........

The none
Yo man, if u really, I mean REALLY wanna to know what Sati's role is in the movie, u've got to dig deep in.

Mythology n the matrix is now becoming inseparable, at least I thought so.

As I've said previously, Sati married to Shiva, the God of Destruction in order to tame him, n in the movie, she's "absorbed" by Smith, got it?

N when 2 become 1, ain't that marriage?

Of course that may not be correct but Sati was indeed, quite an important role then.

Happy Dance

EyeMakeMovies
ya like the none said, challenge your brain

((The_Anomaly))
u dont think that i challenge my brain?...... the matrix is all i think about in philosophy class i relate stuff to the matrix and i constantly try to understand things better then what i already do, so dont tell me to challange my brain, all i wanted is some different opinions on her (sati) because i calculate my opinions based upon what others say (if they make any sence) and what i origionally thought so u go and challenge your brain......

JediHDM
Sati is a program, born of two other programs, that is the first program without purpose. Meaning, her code has no parameters governing her boundaries, what she can and cannot do. Thus, she is important, as the Oracle said, because she can do anything.

Ginerninja
So she doesnt bend the rules, she creates them?

The none
One moment, Satis' parents r an interactive programme n a power plant recycling whatever, right?

A bit from each of them, Sati shall be an.......Interactive Power Recycler!!

She most likely will pump back POWER INTO THE ONE!!!

How about that??

Happy Dance

freshdude
It's simple.

Sati doesn't have a purpose so she is sent to the matrix to live with the humans where the oracle takes care of her.

In the end, the machines feel bad for Sati and decide to give her a purpose, which is to control the sun. This shows that the machines can haev feelings.

The none
Well I think Satis' existant do have a purpose if u ask me.

Ain't she the "crystal of love"? She is there to spread love, the most cherishable thing in the world.

MickeyMousse
I've heard several options about Smith getting his strength. It's been put forward that he got his power from the Oracle, or from Seraph, or a combination of both, or a combination of far more programmes/individuals, etc. I'm sorry if I missed it, but I figured out a far more logical explaination.
Since Sati is the last exile program her power is not limited. She has been brought back to the Matrix by the love of her parents, using the "power" of the Merv. As is seen in Revolutions, Smith gets his powers from the one he takes over ("I've seen this..." --> the oracle). So, when he took over Sati he got her unlimited powers what made him strong. He from that moment does not bent the rules, he also breaks them like Neo does. This is because of the capability's there is in Sati's powers.
The Oracle knew this and therefor she let Seraph guide her to protect her (he allways protects that what is most important) just before they were taken over by Smith.

Dexx
mm..some interesting ideas..

sandman
does sound like a valid theory..

clavis9495
yeah that's what I thought aswell

maybe she is just a backup for the anomaly to put in to smith a sort of back up take over one

The Unknown
But his strength isn't divided into all of the Smiths. Neo didn't fight the Sati/Smith.

audioheem
Well why wouldn't Smith be able to transfer his powers to them all or to one other? If he can copy himself then I'm sure he can replicate 'powers'.

JediHDM
thats a totally different story

replicating himself just involves changing key digits to whatever the digits are in Smiths code. but if he were to have the 'powers' of all his assimilated people, then his code would continue to grow, cause he would have to have his parameters changed everytime...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.