Survivors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I've noticed that NO ONE lives through the entire Star Wars saga. Accept maybe the droids. But they arn't alive.

Ratcat
I suppose Yoda and Anakin are the nearest to that.

Chewie would certain count, but he hasn't been seen in the PT. He does have the age though.

yerssot
Does it makes a difference?

Ratcat
Hey, it's a legitamate topic. Cut the guy a break.

yerssot
I'll cut him, allright! big grin
But I want an argument smile!!!

Ushgarak
The reason is is that nearly everyone in the PT dies in it. Then none of the very few survivors make it either.

ToMacco
No one lives! Think about it!

Episode I:
Yoda: Dies in VI
Anakin: Dies in VI
Obi-wan: Dies in IV
Palpatine: Dies in VI

Those are the only characters that I can think of that carry over. Is there anyone else? The twins don't count, because they wern't in I.

Ushgarak
I don't seem to remember disagreeing with you...

You miss out the Droids, who survive. How come Yoda is allowed to miss a film and not the twins? Because I;d like to put Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru on the dead list as well, you saee, bnut they aren't in I either.

yerssot
When someone is in EpI and EpV that still counts because they survived the PT

Ratcat
But no one makes it from Episode-I right through to Episode-IV so the original point stands.

Ushgarak
Jabba should be on the dead pile as well.

Ratcat
If you start listing the dead one you'll have a pretty big list.

Ewok #234
Stormtrooper #11
Ewok #7
Tusken Raider #1
etc
etc...

Ushgarak
None of those were in Episode I... probably...

I think when Tomacco asked for anyone else he meant important people...

JediOasis
Don't forget Boba Fett-RIP Episode VI

And I think you can count the droids. They see as much action as anyone else and they always survive.

ToMacco
Yeah, the droids did make it through, but if they were really ALIVE they would be dead. R2 got wasted at the first death star, then blasted in the Ewok battle. C3PO was wasted in ESB; Who could live if their head, arms and legs were blown off?

yerssot
Well, Jabba got to live till EpVI... that's pretty good

Ushgarak
So does just about everyone who survived the PT, though. ROTJ killed nearly all of them.

yerssot
You didn't hear me complaining

ToMacco
I think it's rather depressing that no one lives through the entire saga. But it just shows how evil this bastard Palpatine was. It took 3 generations to kill him.

yerssot
I don't think that's bad... it shows the rebellion had a hard time and the jedi also

ToMacco
That's what a lot of my friends don't understand. I think it's pretty damn interesting! It's not just a bunch of stuff that happens, it all ties together for one giant story.

yerssot
rise of the empire and fall of the empire

ToMacco
exsactly

yerssot
actually the whole story is about Vader and not the empire

jedi212guy
I don't know. One of the major subplots in Episode I and surely in Episode II is Palpatine's rise to power.

ToMacco
Yeah, and they will show more of that in II and III (obviously)

yerssot
doesn't a quote of GL himself overthrows that?

jedi212guy
Whether he says it directly or not, we will obvoiusly get to see the rise of the Empire.

yerssot
ofcourse the raise is there but GL himself told that the focus was on Anakin/Vader

jedi212guy
That's why I called it a "subplot."

yerssot
the raise of Anakin?

Viseus
Well there are two good reason why allmost nobody live through the entire saga: 1 - it spans over a long time, and 2 - it is about war. So it's not really so surprising.

yerssot
of=or sorry, that was Dutch

good point V

Viseus
And I think Star Wars droids can be considered to be alive. They are just hard to kill. The memory must be erased or destroyed. They don't need to keep the body intact to survive, as long as the memory circuits are unharmed.

Ushgarak
That's what I also assumed as well. While it is really a matter of opinion whether they are truly alive or not, as presented in the films droids like C3-P0 are just as fully realised sentient beings as everyone else, as opposed to the Battle Droids which are clearly just walking gun carriers with basic programming.

Plot-wise, the other reason for the uhuge mortality rate is a. most the main TPM charatcers are Jedi, and the fundmanetal plot of the story revolves around the extinction, and nearly all the rest are bad guys, who die by default.

yerssot
oh no! not the sentient-thing again! wink

jedi212guy
R2D2 and C3PO are alive and I think it is silly to argue against it.

yerssot
actually that was a joke that Ush and I knows very well

ToMacco
Well, I'm glad it's a private joke, 'cuz I don't know what the hell you were talking about! confused

yerssot
just go to the thread 'Star wars moral'

Gundark
Well if you use the context of "character", then certainly R2 and 3PO live through the whole saga.

ToMacco
That's true. But they are the only ones. embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.