Best Horror Soundtrack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dario Argento
What is the best Horror Soundtrack?

xblanex
I think theres already a topic on this, but 28 days later is good.

Dario Argento
Sorry, haven't seen that

papabeard
The Halloween and Exorcist main themes are my two favourites.

Ive got a CD compilation of classic horror themes like the 2 above as well as including Psycho, The Thing and The Shining.

Also the Bubba Hotep soundtrack is excellent

Gaetane
suspiria

eggmayo
28 Days Later, House on Haunted Hill remake (1999), Ghost Ship, Interview With the Vampire (horror?), Dusk Till Dawn.

Anything with rock on really.

tabby999
resident evil has a pretty fine one

Wolfie
I particularly liked the Saw soundtrack.

MildPossession
The Omen score is one I rather love, fantastic music. I listen mostly to scores over film soundtracks though.

Gaetane
a blade in the dark

basementred
i think Freddy vs Jason is a good soundtrack basically because it has heavy metal music and horror and metal go to gather

basementred
rock

Discos
Nightmare on elm street: The Dream Warriors.

Dokken did a great song which I have always liked - entitled dream warriors

a rap group did a rap with freddy as well. This was very very amusing

MildPossession
I got that Dokken song on one of their greatest hits albums I have.

Blinky
Best soundtrack/scores

"Profondo rosso" (Deep Red) < Such an awesome/weird score
"Halloween"< classic, and you know it
"Sleepwalkers" - Richie Valens and Enya never sounded so creepy--- hahahaha. Not great but I liked this soundtrack.
"City of the Living Dead" < I especially love the music that plays when the zombies are burning in the crypt... so strange-- but it fits.
Psycho - Classic

MildPossession
I adore that track by Enya used in Sleepwalkers, and also in a Korean serial killer film called Tell Me Something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRwC0XyldA

I love the music from the Saw films, not the soundtracks but the score music by Charlie Clouser.

Blinky
Originally posted by MildPossession
I adore that track by Enya used in Sleepwalkers, and also in a Korean serial killer film called Tell Me Something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRwC0XyldA

Yeah, it's an interesting piece of music. I should see that "Tell me something" movie, is it good?

BTW, Who asked for your opinion, wench-face?

Dr. Leg Kick
Anything done by the Goblins. Incredible music.

Suspiria, Tenebrae, Deep Red, Sleepless, Phenomena, and Zombi come to mind.

MildPossession
It's not brilliant but I liked Tell Me Something, so that's all that matters, see it. Arse face. smile

Oh it also uses one of my favourite pieces of classical music towards the end of the film, the scenes in the music shop.

DarthLazious
Queen Of The Damned.

Selphie
Usually anything that's original for the film; a score made just for the film.

Suspiria, The Omen, 28 Days Later, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Hellraiser instantly come to mind.

Also in Halloween, the music that plays whenever Michael is after someone. Is more hectic and scary than the basic theme, imo.

BackFire
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Queen Of The Damned.

Awful.

Kris Blaze
The Shining.

Parmaniac
ubqIyAE0eeA

EDIT: The Freddy song and the Nightmare on Elmstreet Theme (yeah 2 completely different things)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.