Does anyone feel let down by revolutions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
this may be a spoiler for anyone who hasnt seen the movie yet...sorry!

the movie is excellent, but i was kinda let down by a few things. eg:
no twins, hardly any philosiphical (how the hell do you spell that anywhay?) talk, no explanations as how the hell neo can do half the stuff he does......
also, that antigrav room........that was so short!!!!!

dave123
nah

The Unknown
It does explain how Neo can affect things in the real world... and what antigravity room are you talking about?

Mist
the one at the start where those guys walk on the ceiling.

after seeing a trailer with serpah fighting i got all excited but he only fights for like 1/2 min. and where was ghost? a whole 2 mins of screen time for him too!

Mist
and what were the explanations about neo?

The Unknown
That's not an antigravity room. Those are just vampiric programs.

icansee
I thought you have seen the movie?

Trin,Morph and Seraph go see mero and...................upside down ville.....

eatingimpaired
hahah.You must be drinking too muchhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/beer.gif

burlyman
no http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/war.gif

The Unknown
Yeah, didn't you listen during the Oracle's conversation? She says that the One's powers aren't limited to the Matrix.

Mist
no....my mind trailed off....

((The_Anomaly))
i agree i think that the twins should have been in it and they should have fought neo but other then that the movie was very good (espicially the super brawl)

EyeMakeMovies
if you call revo bad b/c the twins werent in it, then you deserve to be let down by the movie. seriously, theyre no different than any other merov programs

VenomVA
HELL NO! I wasn't let down!

JoshBot
i think that the main problem with revelutions is that the guy who plays neo is keanus reeves.

Korri
SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! mad

ImIsStRiNiTy
C'mon that was not an ending! Plus Trinity dies that is the worst thing. it has no closure is Neo dead? So many questions to answer

Osiris
there was no need of twins
and it was philosophical
if u didnt get it ... see it again

Mistique
i agree. What part would the twins have played? so many people said they were annoyed at that, but how, if just about the whole movies was based in the real world, would the twins play a part? Understanding it DOES require thinking, but it answered most of our questions...

Osiris
thanx mistique...smile for cooperating LOL

Mistique
no prob. I like agreeing, it's easier...

Mistique
I like beeing agreed with even better, you don't feel so alone...

Mistique
anyway, getting off topic...

DARKVIRUS
I was let down by the movie for the following reason's:

1. Characters that were built up in the previous movie were hardly used and others were background scenery in this movie.

2. Morpheus and his lack of....leadership I would say really let me down. This is a guy who we have come to know as the one to trust because he is so sure of himself and in this movie even after being re-assured he still is not the same person from the last two movies.

3. The little time that was actually spent in the matrix. Sure you would say this movie is about zion fine but, the title is the matrix and even if they would have shown some more smith in the matrix would have been fine with me.

4. The coat check scene. I mean it was so short and it was built up as like the ultimate sequel to the lobby scene and it did'nt even come close to reproducing the "effect" the lobby scene had.

5. The fast pace of the movie as a whole. I felt as though the movie was being rushed and certain answers were just thrown in to justify the means. I mean I crave for more and I am not going to accept an answer as simple as "you know who". I mean I was surfing around for a while after reloaded and certain ppl had great theories on how neo stopped the sentinels and it all came down to he touched the source...I mean hey if you're coo' with that then fine....I wanted something deeper.

6. No agents. I mean c'mon now a huge part that some of the fans have com to love completely gone. I was expecting a final battle betwen rebels and agents to sort of put some closure on that but, not even one agent was a HUGE letdown.

7. No twins. Some ppl say "where would they fit" well I'll tell you what there are tons of fans out there who were waiting for them to show up in revolutions so it's not fair to just say something like that. I mean o look at reloaded again the twins smiling back at neo just before he closes the door makes you feel as if he is saying "not yet". The twins do actually go into ghost mode right after they are ejected from the suv...so I think ppl were right to have thought that they would make an apperance in revolutions.

8. Trinity's death scene. My god could it have been any longer. I mean dont get me wrong that is the baddest women on the planet and when she died it really hit me but, after a while I felt just like the rest of the movie theatre when somebody blurted out "OMG let's go already!".

9. The lack of conversation between dues ex machina and neo. Most of the convo was in the trailer. I was looking foward to a pretty decent convo between the two and on top of it you really do not know how they took care of smith. I mean I know it would have not been such a surprise if they came out and said neo had to let smith take him over but, at least at the end have the dues ex say something along the lines of "I was certain the human body would not be able to take blah, blah, blah."

I can think of more but I dont wanna double post so maybe i'l post some other things later. Im pretty much set here in the fact that this movie let me down so dont try and break my reason's down. No matter what you say this is MY opinion.

mook
each movie has several key action moments-
M1-last 30mins (lobby,morpheus rescue,subway,corridor)
M2-burly brawl,Chateau,Free way

and in
M3-zion,super brawl.

so i would have preferred the 'antigrav' scene (as you call it) to be a bit longer as it was a cool concept and i would have been good to see mopheus,seraph,neo,trinity in a upside down 'government lobby' type scene against those guards.

as for the twins i think its good they arent in the 3rd one:
-most of the film isnt in the matrix
-who would they fight/how can you kill them?
-it adds to a characters appeal if you dont see too much of them (think boba fett in SW ep4-6, (before the prequels), or darth maul in ep1.)

as for 'hardly any philosophical stuff', i think the ending, the talks involving oracle/sati/satis parents/architect give us a lot to think about.

mors823
no no no no no no no no no no

Ahnold
What's the point of me posting an opinion to this? EVERY time I have it's just been: "EUGH! WHY didn't you undestand the film?" I'm sorry, but I JUST DON'T!!! And, face it, MILLIONS agree with me.

Go to www.rottentomatoes.com - see how the rating declines for M1 through M3. Go on. Have a look. I DARE you!

mors823
Ahnold> What don't you understand (don't say everything)? What were you expecting?

The Unknown
I was let down by Revolutions.

mors823
Again, what were you guys expecting? confused
Maybe I could help if you tell what you wanted in it.

Ahnold

Ahnold
"A lot of this has been answered before - use the search function!"

Thanks for reminding me

The Unknown
1. He entered through the wireless connection that the sentinels used.
2. He unjacked through the Matrix, not from Mobil Ave.
3. Once he left Mobil Ave, he left through the hardline of the Matrix.
4. If you mean programs, then some knew, and the others had no way of knowing.
5. No, since the Matrix wasn't reloaded. He is part of the Matrix now.
6. I don't know. The Architect may have been lying or something.
7. To show that machines know of love.
8. According to Omega, it was a signal sent into Neo. Since he's the anomaly, it harmed him. (I think that's what she said)
9. Because he was on the Hammer most of the movie.
10. Don't know
11. Don't know
12. Can't answer that (I thought ETM was great, but Animatrix sucked)

mors823
eek! What did I get myself into. Well, here I go.
4. No one knew. Everytime Zion was destroyed, a new Matrix was formed and new people bult it thinking it was 21th centuary, not the 23rd.
5/6. Neo went to the main machine and made a deal. After Smith was defeated, the Martrix was resetted and any glitched were removed. Ergo, no system crash.
7. To show that programs can have emotions and feel love. It also shows that programs can be smugled between worlds.
10. The Kid didn't have that much time.
11. It wasn't important.
12. Becasue you choose to. The Animatrix and ETM were very different and therefor CANNOT be condensed. People wanted to have a game based on the Matrix and the W. Bros did a good job of giving it a purpose by tieing it into Reloaded. If it had nothing to do w/The Matrix, it would suck.
I don't know the answers to the other ones, yet. They're out there on other thread, so search b/f you complain.

mors823
I think we quelled the non-believers.

((The_Anomaly))
nah it was a good movie...and a good conclusion to the triliogy...although the whole no twins theing is pretty annoying....other then that though it was awsome....espicially the "superbrawl"

Sifer
Wsan't dissapointed in the slightest. Lot's of people are claiming it wasn't as deep as the other 2. Although it was, it shouldn't matter anyhow because all 3 movies were trying to get a combined message across to people and the 3rd movie was the last piece of the puzzle.

Everyone take a good look at the pacing of the other 2 movies and look at Revolutions. They are ALL paced differently. Anyhow - I love it.

kalantiaw
how about protecting the merovingian..? and i think he gave up neo to easly... but then again, what kind of fool would wanna die for something he can do something else about (his survival)... but that is not a reason for a letdown... revolutions was set in the real world because, i think, the plot concerned zion, which they showed masterfully... now, if you would consider, as the story progressed, from M1- M3, the time our heroes spend inside the matrix become less and less... i think the 2 movies were a precursor to the fate of the humans in zion... not to mention the fate of the one and everybody else... hence, the majority of revolutions was shown within zion... just my opinion cool ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.