Revolutions DVD before Christmas!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

husky321
"Worried that the time to make money from the franchise may be running out faster than expected, representatives for Warner Home Video contacted some of the major video retailers and rental outlets on Monday to let them know that Revolutions may be coming home a lot sooner than expected. Early January was mentioned but if the box office continues to drop at its current pace, Matrix Revolutions could hit DVD before Christmas.

Adding insult to injury, a possibility was mentioned to one video dealer that the studio may try putting together a 3-movie boxed set for Christmas if Revolutions is released in time to show up in your holiday stocking." Comingsoon.net

dave123
old news, mate

SimplePriest
that's too bad that the movie isn't doing well, but at the same time, I'll be glad to have the dvd a lot sooner

I think I'll buy the box set too, and sell my copy of reloaded.

icansee
lol this has to be a joke right?

SimplePriest
nah, it's no joke. This really is on comingsoon.net

But, if the source they got it from is unreliable...

rysdigital
heh, it's obviously untrue as hell smile

SimplePriest
well that sucks... I want that DVD miffed

husky321
Why would it be untrue? They see that the matrix has lost a lot of its fan appeal and the best time to capitalize is right before christmas. Plus, I don't think comingsoon.net would just post any rumor. They do want to maintain some sort of credibility. There has to be some truth to it.

rysdigital
it opened november 5th. christmas is december 25th. less than 2 months between it. nobody releases a DVD of a movie that's still running in theatres, and trust me, revolutions will still be showing then.

actually, i would be willing to bet on it. 10$ says revolutions won't come out before xmas.

ithapnd4areason
Yeah, there's no way they will put it out b4 xmas. Even tho box office sales for the movie are decreasing, I think that revolutions will go fairly steady into and maybe past the xmas season.

husky321
nobody had released a movie at the same time worldwide until revolutions. I doubt revolutions will be in theaters then. Not with LOTR and everything else coming out.

Mist
why isnt revolutions doing very well? its a kick ass movie. they wont take it out of cinema just to be on dvd before christmas. movies like reloaded have been out since may and have only just come out on dvd.

SimplePriest
husky> good point about lotr... hmmm

HooT
Well the 6 month wait for reloaded was due to revolutions

I say they will put it out in january

AliasNeo52
I agree with you Hoot and others no respectable Studious or people that have the Matrix would take it out of the thearters that fast. I ish it was out b4 Christmas though, but I can wait!

The Omega
I just took a peek over at comingsoon. I can't find ANY rumour saying Revolutions will be out around X-mas...

They don't even hate it over there
"Despite the inevitable law of diminishing returns, The Matrix Revolutions is quite satisfying as an adrenalized action epic, marking yet another milestone in the exponential evolution of computer-generated special effects. That may not be enough to satisfy hardcore Matrix fans who turned the Wachowski Brothers' hacker mythology into a quasi-religious pop-cultural phenomenon, but there's no denying that the trilogy goes out with a cosmic bang instead of the whimper that many expected. Picking up precisely where The Matrix Reloaded left off, this 130-minute finale finds Neo (Keanu Reeves) at a virtual junction, defending the besieged human enclave of Zion by confronting the attacking machines on their home turf, while humans combat swarms of tentacled mechanical sentinels as Zion's fate lies in the balance. It all amounts to a blaze of CGI glory, devoid of all but the shallowest emotions, and so full of metaphysical hokum that the trilogy's detractors can gloat with I-told-you-so sarcasm. And yet, Revolutions still succeeds as a slick, exciting hybrid of cinema and video game, operating by its own internal logic with enough forward momentum to make the whole trilogy seem like a thrilling, magnificent dream. -- Jeff Shannon"

So Husky> A link please?

icebling614
big grin Man. i think that would be awsome if Revolutions came out soon. I really enjoyed the move. that would be an awsome Xmas present.

Holla

SimplePriest
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdnews.php?id=2273

sad that movie is "doing badly"

smile that DVD will be out sooner

trainman
man u guys are gullable, theres no way they will get the movie let alone the box set out in time for christmas

SimplePriest
I don't understand what takes them so long in the first place. I say, if they can let it out soon, then do it. But that's selfish of me.

droopy1592
Well, they made $1 million in profit in the first five days. Doesn't look like they are doing too bad to me. I did hear it cost them $200,000,000 to make the third movie.

silver_tears
i feel bad for the movie sad i loved it

Osiris
eek! I HAVE THE REVOLUTIONS DVD ALREADY eek!

if i could, i had uploaded it to any website smile
(we havent DSL here in Pakistan)

forumcrew
u have an actual dvd copy???????

LindsIsTightK
It's too bad this movie isn't doing so well, but I'm sure that is to be expected. With the exception of Star Wars, most trilogies die out pretty fast because by the third movie people are getting tired of it.

I love Revolutions, I can't wait for it to come out.

slinger
Simplepriest>I know, it does take a long time for movies to come to DVD. I say let the movie stay in theaters for a couple months nad make the DVDs while its still at the movies(ifthat's possible),and right after it leaves theaters, BOOM, let it out on DVD.

Korri
i want my other Xmas present....Burly??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.