question about the virus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
so when smith injected himself into neos body, and the machines sent an anti-virus into neos body to kill smith. then smith and all of the smiths blew up. but i thought that smith had taken over the bodies of every individual in the matirx, so wouldnt that mean that every body hooked to the matrix blew up to?
so really neo didnt save anybody, they could have left the matrix the way it was.

Higgypop
I thought he had just taken over every programme in the system.

Higgypop
...because remember on the second film, the woman with her shopping, he only copied himself on to her once she had become an agent.
(sorry about the 2 posts)

The Omega

mindbugaling
they did blow up i saw, they shattered into a million little white pieces then they disappeared.
waht happened to all the people?

xeous
She's saying the actual people didn't blow up. Think of Smith as a shell over the people, Neo and the "antivirus" you speak of just cracked the shell off.

Lite-x2x
I don't believe Smith assimiliated everybody in the Matrix. And since there weren't any other bodies present besides the Oracle and Sati I assume everyone else died. That sucks. Of course i'm only guessing, I could be wrong.

The none
Nope, the machine didn't inject anti-virus into Smith, he was being "neutralized" by combining with Neo.

Come to think if it, I guess the Oracle works more or less like a catalyst during this "chemical reaction".

rock

JediHDM
remember the first matrix, how Neo jumps into Smith, and smith blows up but Neo is still standing there? well, same principle, except there was an external force destroying the Smiths, rather than the cloned person.

Higgypop
Smith didn't take over everyone because at the end the Architec agress with the Oracle that those who want to leave can leave.

"Programs hacking programs"

I don't think Smith could infect our average person in the Matrix just other programs, like the Oracel, Neo and the agents of the system.

Cowboyography
Nobody knows, not even the W bros. They just had to end it so like the rest of reloaded/Revolutions they just threw something in there that kinda worked.

The none
Smith, as a matter of fact, CAN hack average person in the matrix.

Still remember a scene wheras Neo having a dream (or vision) witnessing one of his comrades being "infected" by Smith n than beam down to the real world through the phone line?

This is in fact proved by the whoever-sidekick, who did the sabotage n wanna to kill Neo. He's one of those whose "soul" were taken over by Smith.

Funny u mentioned it, just why didn't Smith do that more often? Would save a lot of trouble I guess.

Higgypop
The guy Smith took over through the phone line wasn't your average person in the Matrix though, he was a hack.
Smith never took over anyone who was a normal uninvolved human.
Why else did he wait for the woman with the shopping to turn in to an agent before taking her?

The none
Just what's the different between a hack n an average person then?
OK, let's do the analysis.

Both of them needed to plug in, in order to, say, hang around in the matrix, right? It's just that one of them (the hacker) "knows" what he/she is actually doing (consiously) while the average person (one of those numerous human batteries) knows shit.

So technically, if Smith can infect a hacker, I c no reason why he can't do that to an average human battery.

BTW, the fact that Smith infected the shopping-woman-turnt-agent is probably because his head is now on the top of the most-wanted list of the machine, he simply can't expose himself to the agents.

Big_Diek
Sort of, You see, here's how it is, Smith and Neo are techinacally the same person. Smith is Neo's negative, therefore Neo is the 1, so Smith is the -1, The Architect has the power to balance equations, so When smith infected Neo, its like taking 1+ -1 which as we all know is ZERO So when smith infected neo, the machines did that light thingy (The architect did that probobly) and balanced the equation to make it zero, by whiping out all the smith's since they techinally were erasable after he infected Neo.

Noola
Wait a sec - let's assume that the people Smith had taken over were left alive and well at the end. Wouldn't someone have been a TAD suspicious regarding the mass blackout for several days of millions of people?!

Ginerninja
Well what does it matter, they are now being released and will all know what happened

icon
well, when Archie decides to fix the city, he prolly blanks it out of everyones minds. He's a tricky bugger, that Archie.

The Unknown
Yeah, the Matrix can erase/alter the minds of people that are jacked in.

mindbugaling
that brings up something interesting, wouldnt that be fun to see the headlines in the matrix world. think of it:

"man spotted flying 2 thousand miles an hour over toronto"

"withcraft has spread to chinatown!"

"flying devil woman takes out eight police men."

"man wearing sunglasses and a suit has been spotted everywhere in the city! has attacked many innocent civilians!"

The none
Hey buddy, ain't these stuffs we read everyday from those tabloids??!!

Someone sware he saw somebody "Doing the Superman thing!", "Someone vanished in thin air!".............blah blah balh?

My Goodness!!!!!!!!! WE R IN THE MATRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alien

mindbugaling
wow your right!!!!!!!!!

The none
That remind me of the MIB.

Anyway, go n subscribe those shitty tabloids NOW! Someday they may save our arses!! HAHA~~~~ rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.