Too Much Pointless Crap!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
ok. i know this is an off topic forum. i know that anything goes. but i have to say this:

THERE ARE TOO MANY NEWBIES MAKING TOO MANY POINTLESS THREADS ABOUT CRAP!!!

Im talking about threads like 'Lost Video' - who gives a crap if youve lost your friends video?

i know some of the older members will agree with me. also, if any newbies give me crap about this, just remember this: you may have a higher rank, but ive been here longer.

If you want to talk about pointless crap, see if you can get a new FORUM, not make millions of these threads to annoy the rest of us.

The good threads - Forum Fanatic, random comments etc... are being lost onto other pages because of the new crap threads.

these are the kinds of threads that people enjoy....not threads about lost videos!!

i think ive said enough. and since theres hardly any older members on here at this time right now whom i know, i cant get any backup for this.

lil bitchiness
Didnt you just contribute to all of that?! blink

dave123
beat me to it >.<

Darkweaver
Hmmm, I was wondering ever since I got here what the difference between General Discussion and Off-Topic is since on most boards, they're the same. I'm assuming General Discussion is talking about anything but in a more debative light whereas Off-Topic is more goofing off. Perhaps someone can clarify that for me?

lil bitchiness
cool

Mist
yes. this is the only way people are going to see. good members who have been around for ages are leaving because they cant stand all the crap. general discussion is boring and no fun. Perhaps there should be a new forum - FUN STUFF. then all the good threads like fanatic tavern and random comments could be moved there.

BackFire
Gee, Thanks for pointing that out to all of us, I'm sure we are all extremely interested in what you have to say.

If you don't like the forum, don't post in it, there are dozens of forums on this board, find one you like and stick with it.

Mist
as i said before, there is no one online whom i know to give me backup.

Mist
whats your problem backfire?
has something changed while ive been away?

BackFire
Nope, just using common sense. Don't like the forum, don't start useless threads complaining about useless threads. find a forum you like on the board and just stick with that.

Mist
and tell me, do you really like threads like 'lost video'. come on. seriously.

off topic is the only good forum. as i said, there should be a FUN STUFF forum or something.

Tired Hiker
You haven't heard, Mist?

BackFire
Well what would constitute fun? that is an absurd idea.

Just stay out of the threads you don't like, it's really easy.

Mist
just wait for the other older members.

Mist
ive been away a while hiker.

Tired Hiker
Backfire is about as old as they get these days. He killed the others.

Mist
and what will i do in the meantime? spend an hour searching for the good threads that have been lost in other pages?

by fun stuff, i mean the fanatic tavern as i have said three times before. the only threads worth looking at.

and you didnt answer, do you like threads like 'lost video'?
or instead of making a forum fun stuff, make a forum for crap stuff.

Mist
if you want to take a look above, lil ***** and darkweaver are the kinds of annoying newbies making life hell for the rest of us.

royal_jester
AWWWW but his is the OFF TOPIC FORUM ANYTHING GOES

Well just about anythingstick out tongue

royal_jester
Hey dont bash the newbies they didn't do anything to you mad

Ushgarak
General Discussion isn't really meant to be more debative in any way, or even more serious. It predates the OTF by a longnway

But in the GDF, we like things to stay on-topic rather than have endless threads endlessly wandering into all sorts of nonsense that made no sense to anyone save those who started it.

In the end, rather than continually closing such threads, the decision was made to create a dedicated Off-topic area, where ALL the nonsense threads could go for people who liked them, whilst the GDF is meant to be the home of people who actually want to pick a subject and talk about it, and STAY on it.

Doesn;t always work like that though.

Mist
backfire, if your the horror expert guy, why dont you go back to the movie forum

Mist
ush, dont you reckon these crappy threads like lost video are way too pointless even for off topic thread

royal_jester
Hey Mist this is the OFF TOPIC FORUM DEAL WITH IT stick out tongue

Mist
just trying to make a point. thats my point of this thread. other threads have no points and just trail off like ush said.

*throws pancake at jester just for the fun of it*

Tired Hiker
I don't know what to do anymore.

Tired Hiker
Eats pancake as it flys by! Yummy! I feel you mist. It can get frustrating at times.

royal_jester
*throws pancake at Mist just for the fun of it*

Tired Hiker
Eats that pancake too. Ha ha ha!

Tired Hiker
Anybody got some syrup?

Tired Hiker
Or some pointless milk?

Mist
now this thread is going the way of the newbies.

BackFire
I'd consider you to be an annoying newbie too.

Mist
not in a bad way of course. cause at least hikers not a newb.

Mist
except ive been here a while. and backfire, you used to be cool. now your acting like an *******.

dave123
i used to think BF was a complete wanker, but i am starting to change my mind....

Mist
its either you or another mod editing my posts, or some new censor crap, but either way, this is shit.

Mist
so ******* gets censored, but shit doesnt?

Mist
the censored word is supposed to be A S S H O Le

BackFire
Well to me your a newbie, so see, it's all relative.

Yes I am acting like a ****er, but so are you, you put down lil bitchiness and darkweaver for no reason other then telling you that this thread is included in the 'useless crap' that you spoke of.

I don't try to be liked, I feel I've made this very obvious over the past 2 years, I just say what I feel, and if people hate me for it, fine, if they love me, fine. I could care less either way.

LanceWindu
I'm breaking my silence just this one time...Mist is correct...this place has gone the way of the shitter...one of the reasons I left and many other members have been list because of it as well.

I'm gone again...

royal_jester
I think this thread should be closed

And Mist should be banned for what he said mad

Ushgarak
My opinion doesn't really come into it. Pointless threads are very much part of the OTF's remit. By definition, we make NO attempt at quality control in here.

It seems popular enough in any case, so there you go!

lil bitchiness
There was no need for that remark about me Mist...i might have joined 3 months after you, but i certanly have more posts then you do...

I was just stating that..you dont like crappy threads, yet you made one to complain about it..not very logical...this is an off topic forum..so..anything goes...

burlyman
wtf

silver_tears
i say we all calm down big grin i agree that some threads are very un needed and only last a day or so erm and truthfully a few may have been mine but thats no reason for senior members to fight miffed some people join and leave in a day or so dont get upset because of their useless threads

lil bitchiness
burly> What the f**k?

Silva> big grinbig grinbig grin agreed....

Darkweaver
Damn, what the heck did I do? And I was just acustomed to this place... sad

BackFire
Pay no attention to him.

Ushgarak
Indeed, Darkweaver.

Tired Hiker
You never left. If you left, then how did you know to post? How did you know this conversation was even taking place?

LanceWindu
Erm...I said before I even stopped posting that I'd still be around, reading my friends posts...

If you want I'll leave for good.

Tired Hiker
NO!!! I don't want you to leave for good. I wish you would however let go of the issues you have with certain people who run this site and RETURN for good.

LanceWindu
Why would I want to do that when the forum has bored me anyways.

I wholeheartedly agree with Mist, this place is nothing but crap anymore.

Tired Hiker
I am very disappointed in you for saying that this place is crap. I truly think your opinion is because of personal issues you have with the mods. I enjoy chatting with you on MSN, Kenny, and I like your Forum too, but KMC deserves more than to be called crap. You never would have met any of the new friends you have made if it weren't for KMC.

LanceWindu
My opinion is not about my issues with the mods.

My opinion was like this before any of that even happened.

It's because of pointless threads that are completely idiotic.

Darkweaver
I wonder if it would make any difference if this forum was re-named "Pointless Crap"?

LanceWindu
If it is then it would be a complete rip off of my forum called Pointless Crap...check my forum if you don't believe me.

nazgulinthedark
mist, you need to get something straight, just because a thread is uninteresting to you, and probably most other members, that DOESN"T mean that you can labeling everything as crab and bashing our newbies! you were a newbie once, and i'm sure you wouldn' have wanted to be kicked around like that!

Captain REX
Hah! I knew somebody would say SOMETHING about this place going to hell with all of this crap...

I support this. Even if this is the OTF (which I despise anyway...), it doesn't mean that everything should be downright pointless!

LanceWindu
Thank GOD!!! Another supporter for the Screw the OTF Pointless Crap!!!

Captain REX
Indeed, Lance. I don't like the OTF much anyway...

LanceWindu
SCREW THE OTF!

silver_tears
i say alot of it is pointless but not all of it is crap

Captain REX
Indeed, but still, alot of it is.

You're very passionate about this, Lance... wink

LanceWindu
Think about it...the ones that are not crap should just go to the GDF, and they should just get rid f this shit hole fully.

Captain REX
Yep, that's the idea. But because of all the crap going on in here, I haven't been in the GDF either.

LanceWindu
Nor have I...I just read some threads and shut up.

But I had nothing better to do today, so I decided to come back home...don't think that I'm forgiving what's gone on with me.

LanceWindu
I correct myself...not Home...just Back, I have a new home...* points to signature *

Captain REX
So I see... no expression

Ah well, this still remains my "home" forum.

Mist
ok lets clean something up. i was not having a go at lil bitchness or um.....the other one(sorry, forgot your name). i was just pointing out that they were interrupting with idiotic expressions and having a little chat with themselves whilst i was trying to make a point.

thanks lance and rex, glad to know i have some people on my side.

as i said before lil bitchness, i dont care how many posts you have, you are a newbie. ok, so i am having a go at newbies in general, not certain people. and when i was a newbie, i didnt make any pointless threads about crap. i read that ' lost video' thread. come on. if your looking for a freaking video, we dont need to know or care. why not just look for it and be done with it. noone else needs to know about it unless you have a funny story to go with it or something.

the OTF needs to be cleaned up. Im sorry if anyone is offended or watever, i was just making a point. that is one thing this thread has which others dont: a point. dont go all 'this thread is pointless.....blah blah blah' cause its not. im sending you all a message.

ive said enough.

sorry lil bitchness, the other newbie, backfire and the rest.

LanceWindu
Not even your own FORUM?

silver_tears
i like this place, and i like knes forums cuz there isnt this much pointless crap.
Those threads should be deleted or something but i think the otf is still important

Ushgarak
Ok, let me make something clear here. If someone wants to make a thread in the OTF, about ANYTHING, let them. if you don't like it, stay out of it. If you do not like any of them, stay out the OTF.

But let the people post the damn threads! Just because you don't like it, PLENTY do.

Now, please do not make continuous complaints about threads and CERTAINLY not about newbies- that is decidedly antisocial and puts off posters.

Captain REX
Indeed, just because there is a ton of pointless crap, doesn't mean it's the newbs fault. According to me, everyone in here is Newb! Doesn't effect my conversations with them one bit, unless they are wacko or insane. messed

Maybe if all the members who wanted intelligent conversations just left the OTF and went to the GDF, the original social point for KMC, it would get quieter in here.

Mist
some of the good threads have gone.

you ca ban me or watever, but ive said all i have to say.

Mist
ps. *throws pancake at silver*

Ushgarak
The GDF can only ever be as good as the effort people put INTO making it good... hint hint...

LanceWindu
It did get quieter in here, all because I left...big grin

lil bitchiness
Whats a newbie?! How long do i have to be on not to be a newbie? is it how many posts i post?1 Someone explain it to me plz.....

Ushgarak
And a complaint about the OTF having pointless crap isn't going to impress the mods- that is exactly as designed.

Without it, all the crap flows INTO the GDF- and unless we all work 30 hour a day shifts, we cannot stop that.

The OTF performs a valuable function. Whilst it is stable and not filled with abuse... let it be. If you want quality, use the GDF. In the meanwhile, let the people who enjoy the threads- pointless or otherwise- enjoy the threads.

LanceWindu
An easy way to stop the pointlesness is to ban everybody...let's try it...

silver_tears
a newbie is a new member big grin
and whats the pancake for *whips one back* devil

lil bitchiness
blink riiiiiight...

so technicly hes anewbie too...as im only 3 monts behind him in joining sense...blink

LanceWindu
All of you are considered n00bs to me...I'm a veteran.

forumcrew
isnt this thread pointless crap?

lil bitchiness
yeah...thats what we all said....in the begining...and got hated for it devil

silver_tears
you all need to chill *throws confetti everywhere* happyeek!

drunk_nazgul
*chokes on confetti*

silver_tears
*does hiemlich maneuver* thank goodness i know this wink

Darkweaver
Well you referred to me before, so I take it you mean me here as well. Anyways, I would like to know what I posted that is aggrevating you so? Does one crap post (whichever one that may be) qualify me as automatically annoying. Maybe if you took the time to get to know me and other newbies a bit more, you wouldn't be jumping on mine as well as other noobs cases.

I saw this forum as what it is described as on the board: "The forum with no rules. Basically anything goes!" and I assumed such.

I hope I am not getting up on the wrong foot here already. I explained why I originally came here and stayed after finding this place a seemingly fun, interesting and free place as well as receiving help from two very nice posters in the Matrix forum. If I have in some way aggrevated members on this forum, then I'll up and leave and return to whence I came and it's not something I really want to do, but this hasn't exactly been a warm welcome with this thread.

LindsIsTightK
so true, so true

LindsIsTightK
Well I'll give you all my two cents on this. I doubt you will either care or agree, but here's the deal.
I completely agree with Mist, the OTF was once fun even with all of it's garbage, but now it's just gotten ridiculous.
I know that there is nothing I can do to change it so I simply don't dwell on it. I found my own way to solve the problem. I left.
I make a few posts each day in the other forums that actually have a point, but other then that, I don't waste my time. I went and found some new forums where I am now at least able to keep up with my posts and who replys and responds to the things I've said.
The fact of the matter is that there are newbie's all over the place but we are trying not to draw that invisible line between them and the vet members anymore. If you don't like the newbies or they are all just too much for you to handle, then do what I did, leave.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

You're banned, and you're banned...uh, you can stay...and you're banned...

slayer
Lol hey Rezx i'm back on kmc am i still a traitor?

Captain REX
laughing out loud

No...for now... stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
So, I guess we can all agree that KMC Forums is the best Forum in the world and that the OTF is the best idea since Macaroni!

slayer
I agree Th the wise. big grin

Gilraen
http://home.wanadoo.nl/lief-rulez/tact.gif

Geez.........Thank you for making me feel so welcome Mist. You really know how to make one feel wanted and appreciated. Never had a warmer welcome word spoken to me, then I had today. Never heard more bullshit in all my life, then I heard today. What a load of crapp.
What gives you the right, to generalize all newbies on the board ?? Like others before me said............IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT........DON"T GO THERE !! It isn't really hard to do. But you seem to have a problem with that. BlOnTt perhaps ?? Maybe this solution will help, GET A FREAKING LIFE !! Sorry to have stepped on toes or anything else for that matter, but this really pissed me off.

finti
well not everyone is great at welcoming people, but welcome you are Gilraen

Tired Hiker
Welcome to our humble forum. Mist is cool, he just needs to vent a little. Everybody is just so uptight lately and it's because Jack Frost is coming.

LanceWindu
Not of winter, of CRAP!

Tired Hiker
I love senseless OTF crap. On days that I don't, I go to GDF and tone it down a notch. Everything can be enjoying in moderation, LW.

Gilraen
Oh.......oke.........pardon my french............%$#@!!&*..........That was english for............%$#@!!&*.......... Now that is pointless crap. Sorry had to vent.

LindsIsTightK
Nobody should take what Mist said really personally, everyone is a newbie at one point. Hell I'm still considered a newbie. He just misses the way things were a few months back is all, and I don't blame him.

LanceWindu
Neither do I.

Everything here was much better before the flood of new members.

BackFire
Wow, people are following the trend I set with my shanagins in the Matrix forum, going into a forum for the sole reason of bashing it and the people who use it.

Get your own material.

Gilraen
Then don't make it a public forum..........that really helps.

LindsIsTightK
roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
Sorry to tell you this, but people have done this for much longer before you started doing it.

BackFire
Yeah but not as effectively.

LanceWindu
Actually better.

LindsIsTightK
I'm sure that many of us would love to do so, but that would really defeat the purpose of the forum anyways.

Gilraen
You guys really ***** about everything...........Just a random pointless crap thingie.........If you had great sex last night.........SMILE !!!!....... big grin

BackFire
Nah, they all either went overboard and got themselves banned from the forum they were bashing, or they said really stupid and irrelevant things (like the people in this thread seem to be doing when trying to bash the OFT, with the reasoning of there being too many *gasp* off topic threads) I had the perfect balance of irritating statements, and self restraint so that I can still sometimes go into that forum and bash the films wink

LanceWindu
A tad bit conceided are we?

You can't judge yourself Chris...I'm sure there are many out there who think that your bashing is completely idiotic. Even if they agree with what you are trying to prove.

BackFire
Ah, but it garnered an incredible response in the forum, there were hate threads devoted entirely to bashing me soley because of my statements.

Obviously my statements struck a nerve with the fans of the series, which is obvious proof of my overwhelming talent in matrix bashing. Because, were my statements not valid, then why would the people get so pissed?

LanceWindu
Because you are a major ass to anyone who doesn't agree with your statements and it ****ing pisses people off.

BackFire
Because though I'm an ass, I make valid statements against their views, statements that are difficult to counter.

And I think tonight is the wrong night for you to call someone an ass my friend.

LanceWindu
What'd I do now?

Gilraen
** Sits back.........kicks off shoes..........and starts to watch the verbal war **

BackFire
Well, you're being an ass tonight, that's for damn sure.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean it in a bad way. I love people when they are being asses, probably because 90% of the time I, myself, am an ass. But that just makes it all the more simpler for me to recognize when someone else is being an ass.

LanceWindu
Good.

Just wanted to clear that up.

I warned everybody I was going to be an ass from here on out didn't I?

Gilraen
kinda.........sort of...........stick out tongue

Ushgarak
See, the route of this is is that people just do not like change. When we had a flood of new members at the start of the Summer- like Lindsay and so on- they came primarily here, and had fun, and changed the way it was to their liking. And we had a load of older members complaining about how crappy all the new threads and all the new members were. And I told them what I have just said again- they can post what they like here, let them do it.

All that has happened now is that it has happened again. In the autumn/winter, a load of even NEWER members have come along and again changed what this place is. And again, the somewhat older members- who were once the new ones- are making the same damn complaints- oh, they are filling the place with crap, this isn't what it was etc.

Sorry guys, but the new members are only doing what YOU did once. Making themselves at home here. As people come and go, the mood comes and goes. I have seen it change a dozen times or more. It was different before the current crop of new members, and it was different before the crop before that, and the one before that, and it was different all the way back to when I joined- when I was part od a group of new members (myself, Edna, Mech, Finti) who again changed it, presumably to the chagrin of the members before THAT, and so on right back to the start of the boards.

Sorry, but this has happened so often now that I am completely blase to it. To me, there is NO golden age of quality in the OTF that has been replaced by rubbish. All that has happened is that one generation of new members, and what they liked (and others hated), has been replaced by another, and what THEY like (and others hate). And as that is part of the purpose of this area- to reflect what people like- then I am damned if I see a problem with that.

Older members prefer the GDF for many reasons- for being less seasonal is one.

lil bitchiness
Why wouldnt you just stay away from the forums you dont like or have nothing to say about...or you are annoyed about...i stay away from Harry Potter because its not my kinda thing and i have nothing to say over there, so..no point bashig everyone else who is there....

Cant everyone just get along (no, technicly no) but cant we all just try and get along....big grinbig grinbig grin

''To me, there is NO golden age of quality in the OTF that has been replaced by rubbish.'' Happy Dance right on Ush!! wink

Curl_Up&Dye
This thread really is going nowhere...there are going to be useless threads posted on the forums, but it's just something you have to learn to deal with...just dont read them. it's easy. This thread is going around in circles, and has become one of the "useless crap" threads that you were complaining about. Everyone needs to stop being so uptight and let trivial shit go. There is nothing you can do to keep people from posting random crap, so get over it and concentrate on something more useful

Raz
I completely agree with Ush here. Things are ALWAYS changing in the social areas. It's an unwritten rule of a growing forum.

The OTF was created to hold all the, how did I put it at the time, zany threads, so that the GDF could have some sort of quality control on it. If you want quality-controlled discussion stick with the GDF. If you want the "anything goes" talk then stick with OTF. That is why there are TWO social areas of the forum.

We also have a sort of democracy regarding threads. They are only as popular as people make them. If people like talking about the thread, then it will "live" as long as people are bothered to post replies to it. If NO-ONE wants to talk about it, then it will "die" a natural death.

mechmoggy
Here's something pointless, but it made me laugh out loud for a good five minutes: -

In last months Loaded magazine there was an article on lesbians, with a big question in the title that went something like....

"Lesbians, are they gentle with each other or do they go at it like a dog eating a hot plate of chips?"

laughing out loud Great!

thorncrawler
hehe big grin

lil bitchiness
big grinbig grinbig grin...hahaaaaa

Darkweaver
Well said Raz and Ush. And thanks to everyone else who has welcomed me.

badkittykitty
raz is the man!

Mist
thanks linds. and yes, this is exactly what im talking about - the fun stuff. if i was to look at the threads in the OTF right now, i could probably see maybe 3 threads that are fun to go into.

drunk_nazgul
I have, but everyone gets moody at some point and the whole thing has to be started over!
The other night everyone was mad!

silver_tears
so bring back the good ones big grin

Mist
its not the new members, its the new threads created by new members.
and its not just me.

the group that joined about MAY/JUNE/JULY this year - me included - were fun to be around. the newer members who joined around SEP/OCT/NOV are just acting like 2 yr olds.

drunk_nazgul
Guess that means me...

Mist
do you act like a 2yr old? no.

Mist
i think this thread has had enough. my points been made.

one last thing: the people who jkoined around MAY?JUNE?JULY may have made stupid threads, but we didnt make anyone leave the forum.

drunk_nazgul
You guys are cool.

silver_tears
yes i agree big grin

drunk_nazgul
You hafta agree, you were lucky nuff to be one of 'em.

Tired Hiker
Drunk Nazgul, you're f*cking cool, okay! We love you. Hell, I'd even let you date my sister if you were a guy and she wasn't married! big grin

drunk_nazgul
huh embarrasment
Aw, thanks...
I agree with Mist some of the way... I don't divide everyon into groups... Akilla and other such meanies are the inevitable downsides to letting anyone and everyone into a community...
But this place still rocks.

Tired Hiker
Who has left? You are still here, right? Do you run from all change? Let me tell you a little story. . .

smokin'

One time I got so pissed off here on the forums that I almost left just to prove some egotistical point. Then I happened to have not been able to log on for a week or so. When I returned, no one seemed to have missed me. I instantly felt a rash of realization pin at my body's every pore. KMC is, I realized, a highly evolved microcosm for life. But since KMC is actually real, I realized life is revolving around KMC. So, be glad you are here! Okay, also . . . all I have to say is that one time I was a bit jealous that no one was reading my posts and then Backfire, who used to go by Backfire349, started replying quite often which was an honor since I totally was into his opinion and the way he voiced it. One time I asked the forums, I said, "I bet all you old members party and have wild orgies! Why don't I get invited??" And Backfire says, he he he, Backfire once said to me, "Tired Hiker, stick around a while and you will." And folks, all I know is that I've been to like five orgies and who knows how many parties with all these wonderful people since that one moment where Backfire said those words. So stick around fools and you'll be right there, naked, with me and good old Backfire, in no time! laughing

Tired Hiker
smokin'

drunk_nazgul
God, no!

J/K... sounds like terrible sick fun! rolling on floor laughing

BackFire
The longer you are here, the more flaws you notice in other people's threads and posts.

The simple solution? Ignore them. That's what I do with the majority of bad threads, I certainly don't open a thread equally as bad as the ones I'm complaining about.

Get off your high horse, You've been here 5 months, you aren't a veteran Mist.

Celsius
Get off UR f**KING high horce BF! Him not being a "veteran" (which is by the way a bullshit word. DID U FIGHT IN A WAR???) doesnt mean he isnt equally as smart as u. u being a "veteran" doesnt make an expert in moral values, so shove all that legal by the boock stuff.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>