Theories and Philosophies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
many people have many different theories abuot the matrix trilogy. so, instead of spreading threads around everywhere, share your theories here.

Mist
as i posted in another thread:

neo never went to the source. the architect said: the door on your right leads to the source. the door on your left leads back to the matrix.

neo goes to his left, our right, so he went back to the matrix to save trinity. he is the only anomaly who went back to the matrix. the rest went to the source. the peace is the outcome of neo. the other ones chose 26 or watever people from the matrix to repopulate zion. the previous ones stopped the war because zion was killed off. neo stopped the war by bringing peace. also, the previous ones wouldnt have had an opposite as neo does(smith).

EyeMakeMovies
i dont feel like typing all of it out, but i think people are choosing to ignore the religious theme. i think the matrix tril. is a representaion of the second coming of christ, which is why its irrelevant if the matrix lines up with historical events in the bible...

lam
Should we post the obvious stuff or the stuff that are debatable?

atcmonke
This is what i thought up days ago and told my friend...

there were 6 previous "The Ones" being balanced and unbalanced is the control of the oracle and architech. Neo and Smith are their pawns. But Smith has "grown out of control" If Smith is a program who went into a humans body.. Neo could have been a program to bring order and went into a body. Hence the 6 previous "The Ones" The program dies, and comes back again in another form. Just as the Oracle. Smith havin to taken over the Oracle, has recieved the Oracles "eyes" for he can foresee the future or the outcome of the battle. Thats why he was confused near the end of the battle. Choices! Destroying Smith helps the machines, Neo dying helps the matrix still function normally. As near the end, the meetin of the Oracle and the Architech, peace wont last for a while... there will be another war, another search for "The One", another bad program like Smith, another attempt to balance the equation. Theory on the orange yellow light. Energy, its how they are all connected. Flow of life? or how bout CIRCLE of life? If this has to deal with religion, first neo dies, comes back to life just as christ. Revolution he dies, will there be some sort of Armageddon? "How long will this peace last?" Prolly wont be a matrix 4. Its a Cycle in itself, the war will keep goin, trying to balance the equation. 3 movies.. odd number.. 4.. even.. balance? who knows... only time will tell

also...
matrix: birth/death/rebirth of The One
reloaded: miracles/prophecies
revolution: death of The One
xxxxx: Armageddeon

The none
Well said atcmonke, but I doubt very much there will be another Smith case coz the machine shall fix this programme bug next time, or so I thought, or some other bugs will evolve, or.........

BadgerBadger

JediHDM
How about, all three were written before Bound was even made, so all the theories that the brothers were out to make a bad money and ride the wave of fame in order to get more money are bullshit and should be stopped before people get reaaly pissed off at the people that say them. how about that?

The Omega
http://www.hollywood.com/sites/matrix/feature/type/red/id/1716447

The Matrix" and Philosophy: An A to Z Guide. For everyone who's not an expert on Neuromancer, Jean Baudrillard, Kant, Marx and Zen smile

MC Mike
thumb up NICE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.