Ascertain the fate of The One

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

burlyman
Omega> Councillor West said it happy

burlyman
where di smith end up? -the source..

SimplePriest
Omega, what do you see in that picture? I mean "is what a coincedence?"

rysdigital
it looks exactly like how the smith's were destroyed at the end of revolutions.

burlyman
in rev, was the epicentre of it their eyes

The Omega

xeous
Also, is that the same street that they are driving down(When the Hammer can't see him) in M1 where he says, "I used to eat at that place...Really good noodles."?

JediHDM
Omega> YES!! It is the same, which is the point..."everything that has a beginning has an end". And yes, i believe Neo has ascended, which means that matrix has become a "heaven on earth", in that, the beginning of the matrix was perfect, by creation, but the end of the matrix will be perfect by choice...let me say it this way...

Smith killed Neo, creating the ONE
Neo killed Smith, creating the ZERO-virus
Smith copied over the ONE, creating balance...most would say neo died, the one died, however...
the ONE DESTROYED Smith, meaning the ONE is still alive. which leads me to think that, since the ONE must be IN a person, the PERSON must, also, be alive, meaning, Neo is alive, which is why his body is glowing, and looks like a lotus-blossom, because Neo, a normal man, has become divine.

The Omega

JediHDM
Perhaps Neo had to choose to die to live...perhaps, if he had fought to the death, he would have just died, and Smith woulda been killed that way (im not saying its true, just conjecture) then perhaps the fact that Neo used his choice allows the Matrix to become better than before. I mean, if it weren't better, why did the Architect leave his cubicle? (box? cubicle? box?) I mean, wouldn't he stay in there, ad infinitum? Perhaps, this transcended Neo (i'm not gonna say program) chose to return to help ensure his choice was not in vain.

((The_Anomaly))
i think that the hammer cannot tell thats its neo because his "mind" is now completly the anomaly and there is absolutly no physical essence to hima at all, i came up with this from things in reloaded (when neo is flying to the freeway scene) link says "what is that?" and at the end when he is flying morpheus says "whats that?" link says that he doenst know what it is but its moving faster then anything that hes ever seen, so i think that as neo uses the anomaly more it overtakes his "physical" presence allowing him to do thigs that are nearly impossible....thats my take on it anyways..

((The_Anomaly))
to continue the anomaly overtakes the physical essence of neo as he exerts his abilities....or something like that......just to clarify...............

The Omega

priestjim
Omega> Speed has nothing to do with the pattern of code that matches a person, Neo in this case. And I don't remember anyone being able to see Neo inside the Matrix after he got out of Archie's room.
* Is this a 9 I am seeing in the Smith picture? *
The first time Neo destroyed Smith but only the Smith that was there in the hallway. Smith wasn't completely destroyed. Only his kareer stick out tongue He had his agent abilities removed (like the earphone). And he had chosen excile instead of deletion. (But doesn't that sound funny? Programs having a choice?). Now somehow Smith found out that some of Neo's One code was appended/overwritten to his code and that he has some special abilities like copying himself. But Neo had taken purpose from Smith (the agent "job"wink. So Smith wanted appart from getting out of the Matrix (for some reason) to revenge Neo. So he had become dangerous for the system itself. And for Smith to be destroyed once and for all the machines should connect to Smith through Neo and delete him. Now remember that the Oracle, Sati and Seraph survived after Smith was destroyed? They were programs (I don't know if normal human beings survived) and so was the One!. So Neo should have survived at least as a program inside the Matrix. The One with Thomas Anderson's touch smile

SimplePriest
Omega, I'm confused embarrasment

The Omega

SimplePriest
embarrasment What happened to Neo? If my friends knew that I was this clueless they'd all lose hope. I'm the one they come to for all their Matrix guidance, and I have to say that after Revolutions, I'm thouroughly Confused embarrasment

How did he kill smith?? Did his code return to the source?? Why couldn't they see him?? Why can't the matrix Reload without the One returning to the source?? Why? Why? Why do you persist... oops eh-hrmm. That slipped out. And is this bugger Dead or Alive???

uggghhh, I can't believe it. I'm a true fan, and I'm lost

Sifer
Smith was deleted. He had the choice to refuse or not for the 2nd time, but this time he couldn't understand the choice, so therefore could not see his demise smile

SimplePriest
He ( do you mean Smith) had the choice to refuse or not... (refuse what)

sorry... I am very much Simple today embarrasment

The Omega

Sifer
The ONLY problem I have with Neo being alive (which I hope he is), it would mean Smith is still alive. Why? I hear you ask. Because Smith IS Neo, but who knows wink

The Omega
Smith is the opposite of The One. Not of Neo. smile

SimplePriest
Ok.... I think I understand... I'm gonna have to let that one sit for a while

The Omega
SimplePriest> wink
So did it sink in?

JediHDM
Omega> So you're saying that Neo is alive but not in the matrix...hmmm...

The Omega

xeous
Also: Is THIS a coincidence (From M1)
http://www.animallogic.com/film/matrix/images/explode_photo1_main1.jpg

Does it say "OC" on Smith's chest (with the white light)?

burlyman
..mmm, and what would it mean if it did?

Johan-El
The Omega> I like your Arthurian legend theory. I like it A LOT ;-). Feels like another missing piece of mythology has been inserted into the puzzle.

Acolyte
Whoops. Sorry bout that pic. I didn't realize it was that big when I added it.

xeous
When did Neo die in Reloaded?

LiQuiD
Omega! that makes perfect sense to me now. one of my doubts was the fact the plug was just pulled from neo... kinda liek cypher pulled out switch's and apoc's; they both died. But liek u said, neo isnt hacking into the matrix... he is connected to it directly, so whos to say that he would need an exit to disconnect? or maybe, just liek neo was unplugged in reloaded, but his mind remained in the matrix, the same thing could have hapenned here... wither way.. ibelieve neo is alive in both body and mind. however... 2 questiosn remain. why woudl the machines save neo? and what was that light neo gave off while "dying" at the end?

The Omega

MR ANDERSON
the oricle in m2 explained to neo that programmes that outlived thier use where eithier deleted or hid somewhere.l bet smith was deleted coz like was said earlier, he was brought back to the machine link when he copied onto neo.the machines could therefore delete him coz he was no longer independant of the link.hence the surge of energy seen in neo's body as smith is being deleted.neo however still lives coz the machines still needed him to keep the matrix alive.they used neo 5 times before to control the small % of those who did not accept the matrix and if ever the peace was lost, they would need him again hence the oricle saying so to the girl at the end.
l saw an interview of neo before the movie and he was asked to sum it up in 10sec.he ended saying neo would deliver knowledge.thats to the source.the past 5 neo's got better every time coz the machines took info from thier experiences and used it to better the next ones.an upgrade so to speak.so neo isnt dead but his programme is alive and awaits further use hence we see the orange glow coz l think its neo linked in the machine's programme tho his body is dead coz thats just a shell.
might be wrong thats my thought.hope it makes sense.

xeous
Yes Omega, she did say that he wasn't ready to die. Which means that he wasn't dead. I don't really follow...

JediHDM
He was supposed to be dead, but he didn't die, just like at the end of Matrix when he died, and he was supposed to stay dead, but didn't...

SimplePriest
I agree with jedi

The Omega
Acolyte> I'm deleting the post with the MASSIVE picture in it, as it's making this page impossible to read. Please post your ideas again, if you like smile

Korri
i hope you guys r right!!! coz then i wouldnt be stuck in a box of tissues and boxes of chocolates all the time!! eek!

The Omega

LiQuiD
yeah... that does make sense. Now, do you think the coming stories (comics, games, whatever...) will be a continuation of the trilogy, or rather supplements like origins of characters... etc? because id like some of these questions to be answered once and for all eventually...

The Omega
The Matrix Online (see appropriate thread) is a CONTINUATION of the story. http://thematrixonline.ubi.com/US/

Angelsolovely
I agree with U whole heartedly Omega. When my cousin and I saw it for the first time, I told her that I thought Neo was not dead. I said, what if the machines carried him away to heal him for some reason. Since they made him(M1 the pods), could they not heal him. But then she told me he was not breathing, I told her maybe he was in a coma like state from everything that went on at the end,but the not breathing thing threw me and I dropped all my reasoning.

The Omega

Angelsolovely
I really didn't think about Trinity, except that I was upset that she "died". Hmmmm, thanks for giving me somthing else to wonder about.
I have never had to really delve so deeply into a movie before, I usually understand them very well. No, they did not make these easy, which is a pleasant change from the norm.

LiQuiD
continuation? yes! we may get our answers after all! i dotn knwo if i mentioned it before or not, but i def agree with your theory omega, your last couple of posts really tied everything together for me. Thank you smile do u have any theories on the light emmited from neo's body shortly before being taken away by the machines?

The Omega
Liquid> I missed your post up there, but I did write an answer to you, a post or two back.

LiQuiD
oh .. just saw it. But i dont mean the way he glows when he is being carried away... there was a strong white light coming from his mouth and eyes(i think). thats what im referring to

The Omega

JediHDM
yes. i went back and watched that part, Omega, and it seems, to me, as if the lotus-effect is made by the tentacles moving away from the body, up, and around the ship, which, in the machine-code, seems to look like a lotus blossom giving birth to Neo's "divine-form"...

The Omega
JediHDM> Hm! So you're saying it's NOT Neo who glows, or... ?
We need a picture. Because if it is NOT Neo's body glowing, then the anomaly WAS removed...

Seraph77
When smith exploded because of neo he wasn't deleted or sent to the source, he was just killed, like agents have been killed before, like in the subway. After he was "exploded" by neo he naturally took over another body, yet now had the abillity to copy himself over people because of the way Neo killed him, and sort of rubbed off on him.

Shortly after he was terminated from being an agent, now an "exile" with the ability to copy himself. When he was terminated from being an agent, if he had been killed, it would have been the end of smith, because he would be unable to copy himself to another person. For example if smith wasn't an agent in the first movie, he would have died from being shot fromt he helicopter becasue he wouldn't be able to reposses anyone, or when he was smashed by the train, or exploded by neo, but he was an agent, so he repossessed someone each time.

However after being exploded he had the new ability to copy himself, so when he was removed from the agent network it didn't matter cuz he had multiple copies.

And which is also why he died in revolutions, because he wasn't an agent, and Neo had destroyed each and every smith inside the whole of the matrix. Hope that clears up things for some people.

PS: And if you were all wondering why he was glowing in the end, it was because he had absorbed every single smith so to speak, like he absorbed that sentinel, that is his ability, and how he destroyes the machines. He had cleansed everyone in the matrix, if they had cortex scarring they are now healed, and once again themselves. Saving the matrix, and when you saw all that energy that was the energy from absorbing all of the smiths, you even saw the energy of smith flow into him when he was crucified, dying to save everyone, killing him from the overdose. God it's so simple why can't people see these things the first time lol.

The Omega
Seraph77> This is NOT a thread on Smith, but about what happened to Neo. Please take the discussion about Smith to a thread ABOUT Smith. There are about a hundred around here right now.

Neo did NOT absorb Smith, nor did he ABSORB any sentinel (it was not "a" sentinel, as no sentinel flew through the Logos). I have abolutely no idea how you reached the conclusion that "that" is Neo's ability and "how he destroyes the machines." No one in the Matrix has cortex scarring like Bane, since the Matrix is NOT the real world, and the avatars of the people in the pods are continually uploaded INTO the Matrix.
No energy was flowing into Neo, nor was NEO in the slightest crusified (Q: were was the cross upon which he was crusified?). Neo is not dead.
So, as you can see now, it's not as simple as you, for which reason eludes me, have decided it is.

Mordecai
Yeah i keep wondering about the sentinel that actually went through Neo as they were flying towards 01.

And Trinity grabs him after it happens and says "Gotcha" so she must of seen something happening to him.

Thats one question that can never be answered, it can't even be given a logical explanation as nothing else hints on it, its just something weird that happened and hopefully will be asnwered in the near future.

Does anybody actually have any theories on how it happened??
Or maybe think they have worked it out??

Sorry to be one that says sorry if this has already been asked. whistle

Lag
Omega> Answer this question as if I were an infant. I know there is a whole other Matrix question thread, but I want to hear this from you. I majorly missed something here. Is the anomaly a code that has been "given" to Neo to restart the Matrix. If this is right then is this why Neo is the One. If THIS is right why did the machines give it to Neo. I hope any of this is right or I'm way off track and need to go back to pre-school. The reason why I ask this is because I always thought Neo was special for a natural ability, not something that was randomly given to him. So my two biggest questions that will most likely lead me in the right direction and get me lots of "idiot" remarks are: what excactly is the anomaly and what is the source and why did "touching" the source give him all this power, again I thought he was just naturally that awsome.

I don't know maybe I was right this whole time,but pleace give me a hand.

Mordecai
He didn't get any powers from touching the souce, he always had them.

The anamoly isn't "given" to anybody, its not even meant to be there.

I'm not going to give details because you asked Omega to answer.

So i don't even know why i posted this. no expression ......carry on.

Lag
No,if you have the answers by all means......

The Omega

mook
Does it say "OC" on Smith's chest (with the white light)?

looks like a number '6' to me...and Neo is the 6th anomaly.

mook

The Omega

mook

mook
mook>In M2 he is the one but still human: "he is..only human"; "hes just a man".

Addition:Merovingioan: "You see, he's just a man" (when Neo is bleeding) is a free translation of the words "ecce homo" which refer to Jesus and the proof that he is a mere man, because of his suffering.

The Omega

mook

The Omega

mook
The Omega
ok that makes sense...
so where is neo being taken to at the end of M3?

The Omega

Mordecai
Hence he may become an agent.

Mordecai
Hence he may become an agent.

The whole protection thing you just mentioned reminds me of an agent.

*shrugs*........highly unlikely.

EDIT: Sorry about above post, i have no idea what went wrong there, but i added some stuff to my post, meh!.

Lag
Omega> Thanks for clearing that up for me ( even though I think it would be cooler if he was just that good.)

The Omega
Mordecai> Neo would not re-enter the Matrix with the same program-purpose as an agent. His would be a task that is both to protect humans AND machines (the One and the -1 in a way).

JediHDM
Omega> YES!! EXACTLY!!!! yes This has been what i have been saying, in more or less words, since the movie came out...

Sifer
Basically, the Yin & Yang of the Matrix smile

ShOota
Just a lil thing i spotted out as im watching it now....

When The Machine Fires the Anti Virus stuff into Neos body, You can see a simbol of a Jesus Cross as it first goes in!!! Then it goes everywhere

The Omega
ShOota> And... ? Surely you understand EVERYONE else ALSO saw that? So your point is?

ShOota
ok, no need to get all up tight,lol

And that machine that carryed him away was the one on the animatrix...........

mook
i havent seen the animatrix for a while - what doer sthe machine do in it?

Sifer
There are lots of machines in The Animatrix. Which one? smile

mook
the one that 'ShOota' mentions in his post, which i quoted in my post:

"And that machine that carryed him (neo) away was the one on the animatrix..........."

Sifer
Exactly - WHICH machine in the Animatrix are you talking about, there are LOTS of them? I don't recall any machine looking like the one at the end of Revo, but I will have to put in my Animatrix DVD and have a watch later.

ShOota
its the main kinda one, with loads of those Red eyes like the one in Revolutions, Its on the The renasence ones.

Sifer
Nah, that had stiff metallic arms. Quite a few big grin His head was more insect like than squid like.

Want my suggestion? It could have been B166ER. Remember, in Animatrix it states that they sought a refuge in the cradle of civilisation, where they could raise their descendants.

Notice how all the powerful machines are Sea-Creature like (Squid's, Urchin (Deus Ex Machina) etc.), and all the small less important machines are insect like, just like their descendants. Just a thought.

ShOota
wats the Deus Ex Machina? tht big robot wat spoke too neo??

And i thorght i was the one with all those stiff arms, because it looked kinda the same head, afew 1000 years would of passed so it would of been a little different.

And on the film they showed a kinda close of of that machine carrying him away so it must be somthing kibnda special what we know about.

The Omega

Sifer
He (B166ER) was sentenced to virtual imprisonment. Quite ironic really smile So they could have revived him and would have wanted to as he was the originator of the rise of the machines (waiting for the Arnie joke big grin)

JediHDM
Omega> i'm pretty sure we see Sentinels fly by in the shot of 01 in SR, so upgrading them would be more programmed and less superficial...

The Omega

JediHDM
ok, i was just wondering...no, i don't recall anything that looks like the quote/unquote funeral barge at the end of Revolutions, in fact, i daresay that, most of what is in 01, we have never seen before...

jetzhere101
at the end of reloaded neo stopped the sentinels and somehow reached mobil ave i.e. bet. the 2 worlds........which was later in revolutions shown that somehow he was jacked in without his physical self being jacked........so in the end also with the application of the same theory one can say that neo is alive..........no in the physical.....

an argument which can be made is that the oracle told neo in revolutions tht it was not the time for him to die.....so somehow this happened.............so is it that the time has come......

ch0g0nda
Welcome to last week.

JediHDM
what you have said can actually go either way, that he is or is not still alive, however, there is proof that he IS alive...

1 Neo's body is glowing. only things that are alive and using code glow, such as Deus ex machina.
2 the "funeral barge" looks like a lotus blossom with Neo as its center.
3 The oracle says we will probably see Neo later

jetzhere101
i agree with u jedi that my argument is loose on the fact that the oracle said that they will see him one day.........

audioheem
They're probably sitting down over tea and cookies now.

Korri
he is alive and i love him big grin

ch0g0nda
He's dead... I should know. I killed him.

Way back in Point Break.

Fool couldn't surf. Or act.

icansee
What about speed? he was good in that!

Korri
ch0g0nda> i dont want to have to kill u mad so dont make me

Ushgarak
Your physical self is NEVER in the Matrix.

The ability Neo showed was that to enter the Matrix without a physical link, but that is different. It makes no difference to his being alive or dead.

jetzhere101
but as it is said that the "body cant live without the mind" but "the mind can live without the body"

kalantiaw
"your body is a relic, a mere vessel"

The Omega
No one says in the movies that "the mind can live without the body."

What is explicitly said is "The body cannot live without the mind."

Verity
He has converted into another form of energy....passed on further from our world as humans.

The Omega

jetzhere101
i agree that no one says that the mind cant live without the body but it was shown that neo cud plug in the matrix without his physical self so we can consider the abv. statement...........

Verity
Yeah Omega...maybe....but hasn't it been stated that some of the bkground of this story is religious?
Anyway....maybe it's just my wishful thinking! :/

mook
i havent seen revolutions for a while- has somebody the ability/time to post pictures from the final scene?

what neo looks like
the 'fire vision' shot
etc

as this could help clarify exactly what happens at the end.

The Omega

Osiris
omega> Religious or Biblious?

The Omega
Osiris> In what context? I can't possibly guess what you mean here, can I?

Biblious is a subset of religious, so...

Verity
Osiris> As always...u have the answers and I stand corrected! What can I say after that? wink

mook

Verity
I think so too....
Whatever u wanna call it spirit, code, any term u want....the flesh itself is gone, and if I'd have to call it something, can I call it essence? That would be the only thing to me hangin' around of Neo. The machines have kept his flesh to do whatever they want with it....That was his compromise. That after he was done, the machines could have him.

The Omega
And the next step of evolution? For man and machine?
If Neo and the anomaly become One, they belong to BOTH worlds. wink

Nemiziz
Neo is dead because he is the one and the ones path ends when he stops the war and defeats smith

The Omega
Nemiziz> So? There are many endings that doesn't mean people die, you know? The end of a movie doesn't mean EVERYONE and everything dies - would be bad for the movie-industry!

kalantiaw
i posted this somewhere in this forum but i'll post it again, what the heck...

at the end of revolutions, sati asked the oracle if they would see neo again... she said eventually or someday or something to that effect... which has led me to the conclusion that the peace between man and machine would indeed end... hence they (the machines) would need to reinsert the code/ program of the anomaly sooner or later... what happened with neo's body (or mind, brain) was that the machines used it as a disk... a mere vessel, a relic where the can keep the code and reinsert it when the need arises...

so neo's body could indeed be "dead", but the code he carries remains intact within his mind/ brain...

Verity
That's what we are today....almost!

The Omega
(Looks at Verity)
.... So... you're part... machine-code? (peeeeeers)
smile

Thomas Anderson
Don't know if someone's said this already (I know, I'm too lazy to read all 3 pages of it - but if I wait, I'll have forgotten what I'm about to say).

The end when the machines were moving Neo, it looked to me that he was like Jesus on his cross - and then The Oracle and Sati say they expect to see him again - like Christians believe Christ will come along one day again. The comparisons between Neo + Jesus were all over the trilogy, so that's what I think.

The Omega
TA> Neo's actually more akin to a buddhist boddhisatva (an enlightened individual) than to the Christian Jesus.
But, yes, "this" has been covered - more than once.

UtahRaptor
im new here, so, um yah.

this is what i think happened. In the first movie when neo jumped into smith, he new he was the one. And Morpheus said The One had the power to change the Matrix. So I think when Neo Jumped into smith he was deleting smith. But Smith was not deleted so he became a virus. Then the virus spread and when Smith Infected Neo at the end, the Machines could directly delete smith. Then the matrix was remade So Neo held up his end of the bargain and defeated smith so Zion was saved.

i have a question. Are there Post Counts at this forum?

Numo
Omega has raised some very good points.

I don't know if you noticed that when Neo was trapped in Mobil Avenue he wasn't wearing his usual Vatican priest garments but was dressed identically to what Mero was wearing in Reloaded.

As to what happen to Neo at the end of Revolutions well my guess is that it has something to do with what Smith kept saying to Neo at the end of Reloaded, " You haven't figured it out yet, still using all the muscles except the one that matters, I want what you want i want everything."

When Neo reached Machine City, he told the head machine (or Godhead) that the program Smith had become too powerful and would overrun the city just like he had done in the Matrix.

Now if you compare the end scene with the crucification, it is Christ just before he dies on the cross who says "It is finished", in Revolutions it is the head machine, i therefore think that Neo not only is in every person connected to the matrix but is also in the head machine and it was he who said "it is done" just like the Oracle said "everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo" through Smith. Remember that Smith always called Neo, "Mr Anderson".

sum1butno1
Ever seen Akira?

Numo
I had a feeling this thread would come back.

sum1butno1
Well, it is a major one. A lot of big threads started here.

Numo
The Train man's train at the beginning of Revolutions has on the front of it LOOP. At the end of Revolutions are we supposed to LOOP back to the beginning of the film in order to ascertain the fate of the One.

sum1butno1
The train that hits Smith to end the subway scene in M1 had was the same one, wasn't it? Shouldn't we loop back there?
Wasn't the cycle ended at the end of Revos? After all, there shouldn't be any more use for the One.

xeous
No more loop, no more keymaker, no more one. It's over. The Matrix will NOT reload so there can be no more One...He served his purpose.

The Alpha
1) Only things that are connected to the source glow. (Not necessary they are alive.)
2) Because they wanted to show that he ascended from humanity.
3) She also told she didnt know always.

The Omega
The Alpha DOES have a point.
The momet the oracle made a choice SHE could not understand (allowing I suppose Smith to infect her) she lost her ability to see all. "No one can look past the choices they don't understand."
She said NO ONE.
So perhaps she's merely guessing that "they'll" see Neo again?

The question I guess is this: When Smith takes over Neo's body does this not kill/delete Neo? Or did the super-machine store the data somewhere else while the virus-killing process was running?
Everything is possible. One thing is for sure. Neo - dead or alive - is hevaily connected to the Source..
Hmm...
Let me think... big grin

Numo
We never saw Neo's body glow after he died. We saw the funeral barge glow but not Neo.

However what the Oracle said about seeing Neo again, well I'll admit that i was not sure if she meant Neo or the One. Since it is still a matrix of choice then the emergence of the One is unavoidable.

So assuming that she meant Neo then i would be inclined to believe that she knew what she was talking about.

Personally and I know that you won't agree with this except perhaps Korri, that Neo is back in Mobil Ave as we speak running run the tracks saying to himself "SH*T", (coughs) I mean "O.K. Neo you got yourself in here, you can get yourself out."

xeous
No, doubt brings the one. People who doubt the matrix will be freed thus, no more one.

JediHDM
Yes, Neo does glow. If he weren't glowing, then you would see a big empty, unglowing spot on the barge where Neo is at, just like when Neo is walking through the corridor, and he leaves an empty space because he is not transmitting machine code.

Numo
It's a big barge and we are quite far away from it at the end of the film.

But Xeous I must seriously disagree with you.

The humans only accepted the program if they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice on a near sub-conscious level. Although it functioned it was however fundamentally flawed giving rise to the otherwise contradictory.. systemic anomaly.

The Omega

The Alpha
LOL

Numo
I've been thinking about this a long time and I come to a decision. Neo's not dead. I watched Revolutions and I see at the end when he is on the funeral barge, it glows gold, his body however glows bright white. Now I know that he must return to the source in order for the temporary dissemination of the code he carries to take place, as the Architect says. the matrix was remade so he must have returned to the source.

Currently i believe that he is in the Machine World, where all programs come from, like Rama Kandra (if you remember Mobil Ave is a place between the Matrix and the machine world- the machine world was also teh place Neo travelled to to see the Architect) and he will return to the matrix one day as the Oracle says.

Numo
The Machine world is not to mistaken for machine city.

The Alpha
Not he but his RSI. smile

shake zula
yes, he did touch the source, but the dissemination of the code he carried did NOT occur. if the temporary dissemination did occur, neo would have to pick 23 individuals from the existing matrix, after which the matrix would be reloaded and updating it to the latest version, the 7th if i am not mistaken. then all that has happened would be in nobody's memory, even the oracle because that places them back to square one. and lastly, if the afformentioned took place, we would see neo up on his feet at the end of revolutions because beacuse him and the 23 other people will have to rebuild zion...

JediHDM
just to reiterate, Neo could only choose to reset the Matrix while talking to the Architect, and he had to make the choice. since he didn't do that, no matter how many times he touched the source thereafter, he couldn't reset the matrix. Neo stopped the reset, through his choice, and then the matrix was saved by his choice. But this is not Matrix v.3.7...this is Matrix v3.6.a...or something like that...perhaps even v 4.0

Numo
Alpha i think that we are in agreement, what you call RSI i call consciousness.

Jedi, Neo does not reset the matrix, the Architect does. The One has to return to the source before he can do this however. Your theory of what matrix it is though is interesting, I don't agree with it but I respect your right to voice it.

I believe that The One is born with normal matrix code just like everyone else, he then upgrades it within himself when he becomes the One, it is this code that the Architect uses to reset and upgrade the matrix to a new version.

JediHDM
well, it seems we do agree on something, then, as Voltaire said it best, 'i do not agree with a word you say, but i defend to the death your right to say it'

...i do think it is Neo that resets the matrix, or rather, Neo would have reset it, if he had chosen to. I also do not believe he is born 'normal', but rather that he has the code his whole life, it just sits there, undeveloped, unused. i think this because the architect says that all 'ones' are based on a similar predication, meaning that they are 'created equal' so to speak, but that their experiences change who they become. they are all the 'Ones' because their code says they are the 'ones', but it is changed just like we are changed by our environment. It is not this changed code that is used to reset the Matrix, but the fact that the one is not in the matrix anymore that allows the defeat of the -1, smith, just as he was defeated in revolutions. then, the original code is placed back in neo, and he would choose 23 individuals.

BioLogos
Hmmmm. I've got to think about this....

The Alpha
And that changes in Neo were due to his love. smile

Numo
Being the One is like being in love.

DenKi
Ok well lets just Say NEO is being keeped in the Matrix untill somthing else bad happens like Smith or somthing like that.

Theres no way Neo could ever have a chance againts fighting againts loads of smiths at once, Yes Maby in reloaded but in revolutions he couldnt even defete agent Smith, There was 100,00,00's of Smiths on that street and in the citys i dont think there is no way Neo could fight againts nothing like that.

SO incase somthing else does come Back and Neo is needed how will or can he fight againts that?

shake zula
you have to understand that not every smith is gonna be as powerful as smith. the original smith is only as powerful as the one, that is why neo kinda let smith copy him because if they kept fighting, it will end up as a draw. plus, every other anomaly chose to save zion and the smith virus was never out of control in the previous five versions of the matrix. and there will be little chance that the smith virus will be out of control in the next (repaired) matrix because he is not needed to find the carrier of the anomaly code because there is no anomaly code.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>