Not enough Martial Arts in Revolutions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LindsIsTightK
Does anyone agree with me?

I for one enjoyed Revolutions very much but I felt that there was a major lack of martial arts, which is something I've always enjoyed in these movies. I understand why there wasn't a lot of martial arts but I still think that it would have made a the movie a bit better to add some more fight sequences.

What do you guys think?

BackFire
Yep

slinger
I agree.

tigeroreilly
the revolution's idea of a fight scene was mr smith and neo crashing into each other over and over like they were morons.. i wish i had watched dragonball z instead

dave123
some fight scenes against the twins yes

((The_Anomaly))
i agree i liked the super brawl it was cool, however i think that neo should have fought the twins, this should have happend after trinity and co. screwed over merov. and he should have sicked the twins after neo and the gang as they were trying to jack out of the matrix after neo talks to the oracle... and then neo should have killed them good......

husky321
I think most of the movie should take place in the matrix. They need more lobby scenes.

VenomVA
I agree, I think the Super Brawl should have been longer also

EyeMakeMovies
what good are punches when you can fly around and become a human missle? thats why there is a lack of martial arts

husky321
what was the point of the burly brawl then. why didn't neo just use himself as a missile against them.

EyeMakeMovies
there were too many smiths... he never had a chance to fly away or get away

LindsIsTightK
I thought that the final fight between Neo and Smith was kind of cheesy. I think that the martial arts from the first two movies were a lot more tasteful.

The none
Hmmmmmmm, not to me, consider where I come from. Happy Dance

vvvrulz
Absolutely. The final smith vs neo showdown was particulary disappointing. It was more like a dbz mod.

movie_freak
I definately agree, they especailly needed more martial arts in SuperBrawl

Ushgarak
I think we can all agree that the lack of martial arts-- especially the Matrixz Martial arts that made the films do distinctive- was a problem with Revolutions.

But I think given the conext of the film it was inevitable.

LindsIsTightK
I agree that with the "context" of the film as Ush puts it stick out tongue made it extremely hard but they could have put in more martial arts in a couple of places.

Like maybe the scene where Trinity, Morpheus, and Seraph go to the Merovingian, and especially at the end with the superbrawl with Neo and Smith.

Truly disappointing.

screensaver400
If Merv had sicked the twins after Neo after he agreed to free him, it would have been another nice biblical parallel. Pharoah frees the Israelis, lets them get a little ways away, and then sends his army to recapture them. Maybe this is what the bros thought origially... Didn't the Twins' actors do an interview where they mentioned a fight with Neo?

Lord Soth
The best part about the Super Brawl was the rain. It was almost a character itself, and it lent so much to the visual effects (i.e.the shockwave after the missle thing, the in-air fighting)

jayvin
Revolutions is a different style. It focuses on the gun battles more than the hand to hand combat. True, it would of been fun to see Neo battle the Twins, but the story mainly took place in Zion, so there isn't much room more martial arts.

JKozzy
Boo frikity hoo. Like Ush said, it was inevitable. There wasn't anyway to fit in a huge amount martial arts into this storyline effectively. Just deal with it and go watch the first two!

stinkfist462
was there any martial arts in the movie... besides super hard punche/ kicks ???

ElBiUs
the perfect fight will be neo vs twins. it'll be "hyper brawl".
it won't be in dbz style, but in martial arts.

i agree too, but, i delirius with the super brawl.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/starwars.gif
Yah... yah... huh.. hei.. huh..

Verity
I understand martial arts r very cool....but I didn't think that's what it was all about!

The One Himself
In my point of view RVL was not focused in Wire-Fu...The question to be solved was the war against machines..

JKozzy
There were martial arts in the Super Brawl - just... not for most of it, it was only during the part after Smith says The purpose of life is to end, and goes until Neo kicks him out of the building. And yes, Martial arts is not[/i[ what it's all about.

JKozzy
laughingWire-fu!laughing

slinger
Although I would have like to see more martial arts in the Super Brawl, I thought it was the best fight scene ever. To me, the best part of the Super Brawl was the fact that it was Neo and Smith's final confontation. It was The Confrontation. I loved it.

mook
i agree that the best scenes of M1 + M2 were fighting scenes within in the matrix. M3 is set largely in the real world. they give you a little taste - hell club. but the main fights are zion battle and then the over top but cool (imo) end fight.
i think thats why 'non-belivers' (ie people who dont care about what everthing means just want the pretty pictures) gave M3 poor reviews or dissed it cos they dont get into the philosphy etc behind it.

Lord Soth
I loved the Super Brawl. Totally agree w/ ya Slinger (I like 'The Confrontation' better big grin)

slinger
Don't bash me but, I liked The Super Brawl better than The Burly Brawl. I prefer a mono-e-mono battle between Smith and Neo as the final battle.

raver Mr. Anderson, welcome back. We missed you.

cool It ends tonight.

mook
yeah i liked it too
the rain and the smith audience made it for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.