What the hell happened at the end?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mdforster2004
Can someone explain the ending to me puhlease??

Lite-x2x
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t18034.html

The One Part 2
Neo sacrificed himself by allowing Smith to assimilate him. They cancelled each other out or the machines sent a virus destroying Smith. The "real world" Neo supposedly died during the process. The machines, because of the deal, allowed the humans the choice to live in the matrix or in the "real world." What happens after that will be told through "The Matrix Online." Want me to be more specific?

svicic
The whole point of the film is choice-thats why at the end we don't actually KNOW if Neo is dead or not because we have to choose what we think.I went at the weekend with a friend and afterwards we had to get the guy on the door who had seen it to explain it to us!It was such a disapointment...

Big_Diek
Alright, I'll explain what I believe (I've only seen Rev once but I'm sure I know) Neo, was fighting smith and he pretty much got an Arse whoopin, so he gets up and smith is asking him why he does it and neo says "Because I choose to" He then realizes about how smith is neo's negative. That is why he lets smith do the virus thing on him because he knows that he is the 1 and smith is his opposite -1 and apparently neo can add/subtract and he knows that the architect's purpose is to balance the equation so...let's do the math shall we... 1+ -1=....ZERO BOYS AND GIRLS. the thing the machines did to neo while he was smith, I think it was the architect balancing the equation making it zero. and as we all know, children, zero means nothing so smith and all of his counterparts were cancelled out, as well as neo i'm afraid...that is my theory.

vvvrulz
Didnt like the ending much really.
Smith won the fight. but lost... ^-^

trinity88
did neo really die?? i didn't get it at all... can there really be another movie made after this one... i mean i know that it's supposed to be the last one but the ending was so confusing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.