To The Usual Suspects: The Matrix Online.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

Cowboyography
I hope they make it more than just a lame powerlvling MMO.

The Omega
And THAT comment belongs up the the TMO thread, not here.

dave123

JediHDM
I'm planning on getting it...I wanna join the Zionists side, although i think we could go for a group-vote, group-decision...and My name would be Coeus, like in the Matrix RPG...And, yes, a mailing list would be good. if anyone is planning on joining, send me or, im sure, Omega an e-mail, and we can set up a list.

The Omega
The Zionists?
Nonono! smile The other fraction! The Zionists will end up killing the machines and all the people still plugged into the Matrix who cannot be freed.
I vote the other fraction, because otherwise all the Morpheus, Neo and Trin fought for, and some of them died for would be all in vain.
Name: Unity. big grin

Dave> What fraction?

JediHDM
Omega> perhaps i misunderstood it, then...yes, the other faction...and Unity is a very fitting name...yes yes

The Omega
JediHDM> There is room for debating he fraction. The Zionists which to completely destroy and break the Matrix, and turn the tables.
The other sides with the machines, to keep those who cannot handle the truth inside the Matrix and keep the truce.
Which IS better??? That's the problem...

Will our characters KNOW about Neo and Morpheus for example? Even if Zion is not a playable setting it's probably THERE somewhere...
And if we, as characters, end up in completely different places of the Urban sprawl, how do we locate each other?

dave123
how about i be one group, everyone ekse the other, and i take the lot of you on?

JediHDM
well, theres the Buddy list...i guess you could just pull up a map of the City and meet at a mutually close place, say the diner on sixth and main?

dave123
i think one group will live in zion, and the other on the surface, or somewhere warm, perhaps close to 01 or summat

JediHDM
no, there will be no Zion in the game, the entire game will be in the Matrix...

dave123
we wont be able to GO there. perhaps a few screenshots when people are jacled in. i'm just saying that the 2 groups gotta live somewhere different

burlyman
coutn me in smile

brandonbeyond
Yeah i'm joining the Matrix online.

--Beyond--

Can't wait for this game to come out. Its killing me. Can someone line me to the site please?

And who do i e-mail to let know about the joinning thing?

Alex-Neo
Were did you find this information about the factions etc?

JKozzy
Sign me up for the mailing list! I'm getting TMO as soon as I can. I should also have a job by then yes

SimplePriest
Lieutenant Case of the Erleuchtet will answer the Councillor's call.

GABRIEL05
Put me down too. Does anyone happen to know the system requirements for Matrix Online?

slinger
I think we should make a crew, can I be in the crew, pleeeeeeeease?
Oh, and my name would be Neo, of course.

slinger
Omega>Hey, why don't we just use our forum names, like mine could be Slinger.

dave123
yeah, but dave123 is a lame name for all you lot to get owned by stick out tongue

slinger
Dave, you wanna talk crap, man? Come on let's go, ZIONIST! laughing

GABRIEL05
TheGabriel...that has a nice ring to it.

If I was a "factionist" I'd be Azazel me ol' RATM message board name.

or Iblis the Arabic version.

Ok lets see Gabriel or Jib'riel?
Azazel or Iblis?

dave123
i'm against the majority so i can woop as many people as possible!!!

Ikobe
I haven't got the modem speed, let alone the money, for TMO, sadly. But if I could, I'd go with the name 'Yuurei'.

AI.

slinger
They should give you the choice of being an agent.

Ikobe
I talked a bit about that on another forum... however there'd be a lot of people who'd be trying to play Architect, as it seems, and using the age-old line, "I can't die! Well, then I'm going to use such-and-such-a-move and kill you because I'm an Agent!" Although I think, the game could maybe be moderated and the people that play regularly and properly, could eventually get the option to play as a character such as an Agent, or get program-style mods available to download, etc. Treats for being good smile

AI.

SimplePriest
Ikobe> I like that idea. smile

GABRIEL05
Or peeps'll just hack...

Freakin hackers!

SimplePriest
eh-hrmmm... Neo, Trin, Morph (?), Tank, Link, Sparks etc... all hackers

Sooo, I don't know how upset I can get about people hacking the game. Although, that was a movie, and this will be our gaming experience (that we're paying for)...

MC Mike
I'm not quite sure if the 3 crews of the ship have any room... stick out tongue

priestjim
Sextus on the side of the Peacekeepers (non-Zionists).

The Omega

The Unknown
I'll be a peacekeeper, my name will be Cryption.

The Omega
Slinger> You CAN if you want to. I'm not, though. Hacker-names are usually (okay, I'm not an expert) a one word only: Switch, Apoc, Cypher, Neo, Trinity, Mouse, Niobe, Morpheus...
So...

The Unknown
Omega, do you know if keys will be available?

The Omega
Unknown> No idea. I'm in NO way involved with the game. You can maybe find a contact address over at the TMO home-page.
If you're referring to programmer-access keys, I doubt it though.

The Unknown
I know you're not involved in it, but you seemed to know the most about the game.

xeous
I'm up for this and I'm hoping to grab the name Eon. If I can't get it then I'll probably just go with Xeous.

Angelsolovely
I would love to play the game. My name would be Sage, Tan-Shi or M'yan can't decide , but favoring the last

GABRIEL05
Eon as in Eon Flux? big grin that rocked

Merg03
I agree with Omega....the zionists are going to ruin everything morph fought for and what both neo and trin died for. Count me in on the "other" faction. Name will probably be Merg...or some variation of it. Still sucks theres a monthly fee though....

JediHDM
If anyone wants to join the mailing list, just email me.

rysdigital

The Omega

SimplePriest
Yes!! The website is a must yes I wouldn't do it justice though, so is there anyone else who's up to it?

Think of what all we could do...big grin

priestjim
Omega> Sextus Empiricius, philosopher smile embarrasment sorry about the spoiler
(priestjim regrets that even though for only one time, he acted as a noob)

The Omega
Priestjim> Goood! wink

Simplepriest> If we get someone with some good graphic skills, we could make a page with pictures of who we want to play, and do it VERY Matrix like...

xeous
Ok, don't add me to your list. I guess I'm not good enough...Maybe since you're too cool for me I should go with danny...

sandman
i know i pretty much a lurker here but if you'll have me i'm in.

on the non-zionist side.

think my name will be zero or prime

priestjim
Omega> We could alse host a forum on the website! smile

dave123
if i get it, i'll go AGAINST the majority
i aint gonna bother saying a name, cos no matter what i pick, even dave235235024389, it WILL be taken

burlyman
smile

Angelsolovely
I, Angelsolovely aka Sage, would love to be on your mailing list. I have found that I can't get enough of this board. I also find that the majority of my time is spent on here reading. I have been following the rpg that was started in the role playing board, but alas, I don't play enough to get involved, but I am learning as I read it, and it is quite facinating So, I hope to work my way up to one of The Usual Suspects, coveted position some time in the near future. smart

burlyman
is that you? (the pic u attached)

xeous
If that is you, you're kinda hott...In a "No Doubt" way...

SimplePriest
Omega, that kinda looks like you... Is it? Regardless of whether she is or isn't you, that's a great matrix-y character.

I've got to construct a pic for me too smile **Anyone know how to make your muscles look bigger in photoshop. There's gotta be a button for that**

jayvin
If I could sweat talk my parents into paying for it, I'd love to join. I would use the alias Thordious, but mostly it will be taken when I join. Therefore I, jayvin, hereby copyright the term 'Thordious' and who ever uses it w/o my permission will suffer a curse of 1000 years!

In a strangle series of events, I predicted that there would be people (Zionists) who would want to destroy the Matrix when I saw Revolutions and I NEVER saw this tread, although it does seem somewhat obvious as to where the story will continue. I created a thread for theory for a 4th movie, so do check it out. They are somewhat similar.

MC Mike
Wow... I'm a usual suspect. no expression

I'll be Throus or Thorus... hehe... I made up my own god. (Of Pizza)

priestjim
What about the forum?

xeous
Actually, the idea behind Zionists was probably created when the W bro's first made Revo's script. Originally, in the first draft, the ending was something like this:

Morpheus:"There are only two way's you're getting out of there. One is you dieing, the other is by you destroying the Matrix."

Morpheus hangs up connection.

Neo reaches for his pocket to put his phone away. He stops. Stares at it then throws it on the ground.

Morpheus:"No one is going in...He's on his own."

I could try to find that script again if anyone wants to actually read it...

jayvin
MC Mike, your lucky that I'm a nice guy and wont put a curse on you. Beside Thordious sounds too much like Thor, the Norse god of Thunder. I need a more hacker-soundeding name. Go ahead and use it, I no longer care. Next time, u may not be so lucky.

xeous
I'm terrible with names. Could someone help me out-to find a second choice if MY COPYRIGHTED NAME(please no one here take it...) (Eon) is stolen?

The Omega

The Unknown
I'll try to help. What are your hobbies?

xeous
Actually, I just like Eon...Eons, get it. Years, time. Time, rules have no meaning in the matrix.

Some of my hobbies. Geeze, I don't really have many...Sports wise, I play golf and hockey. That's about all my life revolves around.

Never mind, I'll find something. I'm getting ready to go get some Philosophical books, maybe something will pop up there.

And no, Omega, you never said who the "Usual Suspects" are. Your answer was extremely vague. Also, You've been here since March(?) I already forget what your date is below your avitar. That isn't exactly Eons smile

The Unknown
Ixtlilton - Aztec god of Games
Tyr - Norse god of Sports

xeous
Interesting. I'll try to find a book about gods of different religions while I'm out. Thanks by the way.

priestjim
Here it comes...

MC Mike
Hey, hey! I don't want your name at all, it's just that I made up a God name some time ago and put it on my avatar... it is different then yours! And I got it from nowhere anyway...

As backups, Rythius, Phycas, and Equein. (All made up...)

SimplePriest
xeous> howdy... ummm, I'm not sure if it seemed like Omega was rippin on you, but I can pretty much assure you that's not the case. Don't worry, "The Usual Suspects" is not any kind of elite crew. It's just some nickname that kinda came up to get the attention of the people who post regularly. It'd be like this: I want to ask something and I'm hoping to especially get the regulars attention on it so I'd call the thread "Usual Suspects: What about Mobil Ave?" or something silly like that. erm

So... as you can see, it's just something silly. You post, you're nice, you're regular --> You're in. smile

Hope this may ease any tension, AND explain the situation to anyone else who may be reading big grin

xeous
Yes Yes...Much better now. My appologies.

JediHDM
if we want to, we can start a forum of our own, just for us, for the Matrix online talk...or, we could just use Aim, Msn, Icq, Yahoo!, etc...to chat atwixt ourselves...*shrugs shoulder* any way, if you sent me an e-mail, i responded, so check your inboxes...

xeous
I did. It's at the bottom. I'll bump.

SimplePriest
oooo... cool, I just sent you my email address. *zips off to check inbox and wait for mail*

The Omega

SimplePriest
I vote for Peacekeepers. smile if we're voting erm and if my vote counts sad

burlyman
huh whats this about emails...

i dont have a matrix-y name, yet sad

yeah... peacekeepers sound good angel

JediHDM
IF you send me an email, telling me you wanna be in the Mailing list recipients, then i will add you...

Omega> Peacekeepers it is...oh, and i sent you one, but which would you rather? send me a PM...

SimplePriest
burly> we were making an email list. You can email jedi if you want to be put on it. I think he's putting it together.

jedi> Please let me know if we do start going over instant messenger

jayvin
Whoa, I found Greek God personality test and you'll never guess which Greek god I am. Take a lot at this...

The website I got this from was http://quizilla.com/users/truly-dippy/quizzes/ %3F%3F%20Which%20Of%20The%20Greek%20Gods%20Are%20Y
ou%20%3F%3F/

jayvin
There's a 100% chance that it will be taken when I get the game, so, I'll need a new name. Now we know where the W. Broths got Morpheus from, if we didn't already know.

JediHDM
We did already know, but thanks for the pic...

GABRIEL05
bump

burlyman
wow... guess who i was roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Unknown
I got Morpheus, too.

SimplePriest
I got placed as some greek Goddess (a goddess of knowledge, but still...) blink But I think it was a different site than the one you went to.

The Unknown
Lol

GABRIEL05
I think my name should be Tricknife. No, too korny

damn this is like shopping for clothes. This sux

Angelsolovely
Well I have my name, but it will probably be gone by the time I get in the game *sigh* but I always have my back ups, M'yan and Tan-Shi.
And mst likly I will go for the Peacekeepers side.
But the way the board is going.....it seemes there will be more on the Peacekeepers side, than the Zionists, I wonder how that will work out in the game? huh

The Unknown
http://www.gamespy.com/e32003/preview/pc/1002154/

xeous
There will actually be more Zionists in the game than Peacekeepers(probably). Most will think that Zionists are the "good" guys, IE Neo, Morpheus, Trinity...

Angelsolovely
Yeah, thats what I thoght at 1st. Till I read more about it in these posts, It was confusing, I just figured that Neo, Morpheus etc. was in another catagory, Zionist, that were for the Matrix, but they are in fact Peacekeepers, just wanting the war to end. Have I about got it?

jayvin
Remember, it was Neo who broke a deal with the machines, so he would of been of the peacekeeper side. In the game, I believe that the Zionists will have more special powers since the creaters might think that more people will want to be on the side of Neo.

SimplePriest, your right. I found a couple other Greek god tests. I believe you got Athena, the Greek Goddess of Wisdom and War, although it doesn't sound as cool as Mors, the god of death. I'll use that name and bring death to my enemies.

The Omega

BackFire
Isn't it a bit early to start discussing plans for a game that doesn't even have a concrete release date yet?

The Omega
No.

BackFire
I've already heard rumors that it may get scrapped

The Omega
No, you haven't.

BackFire
Yes, I have....

They are having trouble thinking of decent game mechanics, and ways to keep the game balanced and entertaining, without giving people too much power over other players. But it's just a romor, with the popularity of the Matrix, I'm sure it will emerge at some point.

Something else you should know, these MMO games tend to get delayed many many times, because of the reasons I said above... along with the fact that they take a huge amount of testing so they can make sure the game is runnable and the server they have going is decent and without bugs.

The Omega
That is all very possible. You have this information from... ?

BackFire
Various gaming websites, I don't remember the exact one however.

The Omega
Ah, well (Shrugs).

BackFire
Yeah, I just don't think you should get your hopes up about the game becoming available in the near future, it very well could take 2 years to release.

The Omega
We will see, won't we? Maybe it'll already be available in May.
You don't know that. I don't know that. No one knows at the moment.

BackFire
I can say with some assurance that it will not be available in may, and if it is, it is pretty safe to assume it will be filled with bugs and other problems that many rushed games suffer from.

The Omega
Letmeguess! NOW you will tell me that you're in the gaming business??

Everyone else> Check this out!
http://thematrixonline.ubi.com/US/index.php

BackFire
No, but I am a very big gamer, and have seen many promising games go right down the toilet because the developers rushed them out to capitalize on a popular lisence.

And the fact is, if the game comes out in may, it will have been rushed, unless it has been secretly in development for 2 years.

The Omega
Backfire> Well, have a look at the link I just posted.

BackFire
Yeah? What about it?

The Omega
Oh, nothing. NOTHING at all.

Everyone else (again)> Check out the ubisoft site http://thematrixonline.ubi.com/US/

MC Mike
Wow... that is good Omega! big grin

SimplePriest
Wow... I just now read those links (which happened to be the first official word I'd heard ever about the game) and ... well, Link says it best... "YES!!" I can't wait. I'm definitely buying this one.

Omega... you're a mod... can't you make the game available now?!?

The Unknown
When the game does come out, it won't be completely finished. Only part of the "world" will be accessible. As time goes on, they'll add more.

jayvin
Backfire, don't be so pessimestic. The game will be good and that's that.

BackFire
I'm being logical, there is nothing to prove the game will be good, it's very early in development and it would be very easy for them to screw it up.

The game could be good, but it could just as easily be a piece of crap.

Although even if it is bad, hardcore Matrix fans will never admit it, since they can't ever admit anything having to do with The Matrix is bad. For an example of this, see Enter the Matrix, one of the most mediocre games I've ever played, is constantly hailed as a 'gaming masterpiece' simply because it takes place in the matrix setting.

Matrix online could easily take the same path, relying only on name, rather then substance.

The Omega
SimplePriest> Truth be told...... wink
I'm subscribed to a couple of newsletters involving the game. If I know something, you will.

Backfire> Okay, this is getting old. You've spend a large percentage of your posts complaining about TMO and ETM by now. It's old news that you think what you do. Hell is repetition so TRY a novel approach, and write something you haven't already written.
And once again, you're wrong. I was the biggest StarWars fan until Phantom Menace. That ruined it for me.
And Enter the Matrix is not a mediocre game. Maybe YOU think that. All your statement does is show, that you dislike anything involved with the Matrix: So why are you here?
Come on. If you dislike it so, go do something you LIKE.
I was greatly entertained by ETM, and what else can you ask of a game? It's entertainment.

burlyman
Can I be Neo?
New players start the game as characters just escaped from the Matrix. However, you will likely encounter some of the famous characters from the movie trilogy.

The Omega
Burlyman> Sure. Think about it: Who do we know (for sure) are still alive/functioning:
Morpheus, Niobe, Ghost, Rolands crew, Twins, Merovingian, Perspehone, Mero henchmen, Seraph and The Oracle. Just to mention a few.

burlyman
yep, itl be cool big grin

SimplePriest
Thank you. Much appreciated wink

jayvin
The problem is that we dont no when the games takes place, or do we? It could take place many years after Revolutions

JediHDM
we do know that Matrix Online takes place after Revolutions...

BackFire
Actually, I said in one of my above posts that I think Matrix Online could be damn good, as long as it isn't rushed. However, it could just as easily be bad, this is factual.

Also, that's great you liked ETM, I however (along with most non-matrix fanatics) just saw it as another typical action game, which is what it is generally recognized as too gamers in general. It was awful, but there are definately better games out there too play.

And for the record, I love the first Matrix, and I enjoyed Revolutions, so see, I don't dislike everything having to do with the Matrix.

clavis9495
confused

The Omega
(Circus-music) Ah, up on the soap-box again, being "MOST peoples" spokesperson again, are you? If they think the way you do, have them come here and prove it. Otherwise you're ONE voice only.
(shrugs)

Everyone else> Okay, I lost track of how far we'd got. JediHDM> Did you get a mailing-list up yet? Do you need me to resend my home e-mail?

The Omega
(Takes stand on soap-box) >Important Notice: Anyone who wants to join the potentials should mail JediHDM ASAP.
Thanks
(Steps down again)

BackFire
Yes, one voice telling you factually, that every single person I know who isn't a Matrix fan doesn't find the game very fun. You're argument of me being one voice is completely voided by the fact that there are so many reviews out there saying the same thing I am, if you want proof, read the reviews, there are many of them floating around on the internet. If you need references www.gamepro.com, or there's the EGM website, which I unfortunately don't have the address for.

They all say the same thing, the game is nothing special for anyone other then Matrix fans, Yes, this is me being the spokeman for the majority of hardcore gamers out there.

BackFire
http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/reviews/29447.shtml

That is a direct link to the ETM review by Gamepro magazine, one of the premier video game magazines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.