The Matrix 2!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
Heay! has any one heard about the plans to make a sequal to The Matrix? I hope it'll be an good as the original! big grin

sand person no. 10
its been made, there just reshooting the scenes with aayalah in because her character is going to be in the 3rd sequel. I wonder what will happen, perhaps we'll see xion

mah
well i'm not looking forward to it, as i didn't like the first. and what will the story be about? when these type of movies get a sequel, it smells "bad" all the way.

Lara
well, if you dint like the first one then why bother posting a reply?
thanks SP10. cool! cool smile

yerssot
ok, than I won't say they are interrested in making a trilogy...

Lara
Ok, then forget my last post!

yerssot
if you pay me, I will big grin

Lara
w/ what? peanuts? wink big grin laughing out loud

yerssot
chocolates actually

Lara
and where would you like them? On your lap as a discusting pile of puke? big grin laughing out loud

yerssot
no thank you

Lara
well where would you like them?*sassy smile crosses face*

yerssot
becoming a new Texas?

Lara
not at all just being myself or am I not allowed to do that.? big grin
*big, wide grin crosses face* laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Lara- the new Matrix film (Matrix Reloaded) has been out back a fair few times while they sorted things out; it was going to be released at the end of this year then they put it back tio next summer and now it may even be later than that.

They were interested in making a trilogy right from the very start, of course, but they weren't sure in wich directiln, There is still vague talk of an animated prequel.

Lara- told you it was hard to find Matrix fans aroundn here...

yerssot
the matrix-movie we know is the middle one, the one they're making is the prequel

Lara
Right, I'm sure Yerssot! roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
And for one time I spoke the truth

Lara
oh! eek! *surprised expression crosses face*

Ushgarak
No, yerssot, they are NOT making the prequel, they canned that idea.

This is a sequal.

yerssot
really? all because of the death of one of them?

Lara
so why did they can it Ush?

Ushgarak
Because the prequel would involve telling the story of the war with machines and they didn't think they could do it justice.

Hence there being talk a while back of them doing an animated prequel at some point.

Lara
oh yeah i remember. Ush do you know if the director is using the same actors?

Ushgarak
Well, the three main good guys are all signed up.

So is Agent Smith, not as dead as suspected.

Weirdsly, they ALMOST signed up Joe Pantoliano (Cipher), but he wanted more money. Quite how he would have been in it I don't know.

Lara
what about neo, trinity and orphios?

Ushgarak
Like I said, the three main guys are all signed up.

Lara
right yeah sorry I'm just so tired.school sucks! sad

Ushgarak
It certainly does, and I'll never have to go again...

As tyo how good the new film will be, nobody knows...

Lara
right, cool stuff.

ToMacco
They shouldn't make a Matrix 2 or a 3 for that matter. They should go back and make a movie appologizing for how bad the first one was. cool

How do you like them apples?

Lara
Get off my thread,Tomacco!

yerssot
Your thread? In this forum we SHARE!

So that makes it:

Get off us thread ToMacco

Lara
I think you mean OUR thread, yerssot.

ToMacco
You can't make me get off your thread Lara, cause you're all the way in Enlgand! Nah nah nah nah nah stick out tongue stick out tongue You can't catch me!!!

yerssot
that was again a grammar-error.

I think he actually likes that confused

Lara
eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Tomacco your just as bad as the others for teasing me *rack off*

ToMacco
Lara

I'm not teasing you. If I was teasing you, you'd know it! wink

yerssot
I don't tease you, do I?
After Tex and queeq and To, I think we're all sane here big grin

Lara
I agree! quick get the straight jackets before they deside to eat us! big grin

yerssot
They have a big mounth but THAT big???

ToMacco
Again, I'm lost

Who's gonna eat us in straight jackets? Who's got a big mouth. I'd hate to say it again, but "Throw me a frikin' bone here! I've been frozen for 30 frikin' years!"

yerssot
you're going to eat us with that big mounth of you j/k!!!

And before you ask, prince Charles did say he had an affair outside his marriage
lol, austin powers joke here

ToMacco
"Oh what the hell, let's just do what we always do, hijack some nuclear weapons and hold the world hostage" big grin

yerssot
"for one million dollars!"
"Excuse me sir, but one million dollars isn't exactly a lot of money anymore this days. Valicon alone makes more than 9 billion dollars a year!"

ToMacco
Really? That's a lot of money.

Very well then. One Hundred. . . BILLION Dollars!!!

yerssot
Mister Evil!

ToMacco
Dr. Evil! I didn't spend 7 years at evil medical school to be called Mr.

yerssot
Doctor Evil, we don't have that much money!

Texas
We can always sell Yersott's vital organs on the black market evil face

yerssot
Hey! That's not in the script!

Texas
It is now evil face

yerssot
Shut up Mini-me!

Texas
Oh yeah!!!! Well your that fat Scottish guy stick out tongue mad

yerssot
Scottish?

ToMacco
First things first! Where's you sh&$ter? I've got a turtle head poking out!

I'm not joking! I've got a crap on deck that could choke a donkey!

Texas
I hate to get all serious, but another Matrix star has died. Here's a link to the story sad http://movies.yahoo.com/news/eo/20011005/100233738100.html

ToMacco
Well, that sucks.

Lara
well piss off then!

yerssot
toughy, isn't she?

Ushgarak
Ok, let's not get personal.

Does anyone else have anything to say on the subject of Matrix II? It looks like the sad deaths will cause more trouble for the third one than the second.

ToMacco
Is it just me, or is The Matrix a Star Wars rip off? Isn't The Matrix 2 a prequel? Then 3 tell the last part?

That's GL's idea.

confused

Ushgarak
Look, how can Neo be in The Matrix II if it is a prequal? No, it isn;t, as this thread already discussed.

EVEN if it was, how can you call it a Star Wars rip-off for having a prequel? Happens all the time. Even if Star Wars had got the sequel as well it would not have been the first time by a long shot. GL never claimed it as an original idea.

ToMacco
Jesus, Ush.

I think I struck an annoying cord with you!

But you're right. It's not an original idea. Look at the first two Godfathers. (which I believe are better than the first two Star Wars)

Ushgarak
Yup indeedy. In any case, Matrix has adopted a straight forward approach in the end.

Lara
I hope that the sequal does the first one justice, the first one was great but the second one will have to brilliant to keep the standards up.

Ushgarak
It's very difficult to tell at this point. It has to potential to be evry bad indeed. Here's hoping it turns out to be quality.

ToMacco
The second one HAS to be better than the first one. "The Matrix" was piss-poor!

Texas
no it wasn't roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
I understand if people like The Matrix. Me, I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than watch it again eek!

Texas
*hands Macco extra sharp fork* evil face

ToMacco
*jab*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Lara
And the other one Tomacco!

ToMacco
*ToMacco lights a cigarette. Opens a beer. Considers watching The Matrix. Then he jabs a fork in his other eye! ToMacco is satisfied with his decision!*

Ushgarak
But To! How will you find more beer now?

ToMacco
*ToMacco enters car. Goes for more beer! Distribution of alcohol on a Sunday is prohibited. ToMacco goes to Wisconsin for booze!*

Ushgarak
Hang on,- you can't see, remember?

ToMacco
Oh yeah. Maybe I took a bus?

Lara
Any way now that Tom'a blind he cant read so, the Matrix kicks ass! smokin'

ToMacco
I can't see. now i'll just have to sell pencils.

Lara
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
you're living in a strang world To!

ToMacco
that's right! cool

Ushgarak
Ok, gonna have to drag this one back on topic. Having estbalished that ToMacco hates the origianl, does anyone else have anything to say about Matrix Reloaded? I must admit I haven't checked on any info on it in a good lon while.

ToMacco
it's not really so much that i hate it, it's just not as good as some people think it is.

Texas
I dont want to know anything about it! I like surprises!

ToMacco
I'll go see it, if they get rid of that bum Keanu Reeves. He is just a terrible actor!

Texas
Yeah, he is a pretty bad actor, but he did manage to pull off some decent acting in The Matrix.

ToMacco
I don't think there were ANY good actors in The Matrix. I liked Speed, and I thought Reeves character in Paranthood was good. But he is such a one dimensional character, it makes me puke that he's making millions per picture. sad

Texas
I think Carrie Ann Moss is a really good actress. Anyways, acting isn't The Matrix's main attraction roll eyes (sarcastic)

Although, I was shocked that it won all the Oscars TPM was nominated for. TPM was far superior in sound and special effects. Watching the DVD just makes me feel more so!

ToMacco
That's true. The Oscars have been dicks in the past. I also do believe that "The Phantom Menace" was robbed.

But perhaps my lack of faith in the Oscars, goes back to last year when the gave "Best Actor" to Russell Crowe instead of Tom Hanks. I like Crowe, and his performace in "Gladiator" was very good. But Hanks in "Cast Away" was his best performance to date.

And giving "Best Picture" to "Gladiator" instead of "Traffic" is outragious. "Gladiator" was a stupid movie. I can't beleive it was even nominated.

Texas
Yup, yup, yup, all true! I think that the Oscars have turned into one big popularity contest! Russell Crowe should not have received an Oscar. He had a Aussie accent playing a Spaniard for god sakes! And his character was not exactly Oscar quality! It was a travesty that it won best picture! I thought Traffic was boaring, but it did deserve best picture. Then Julia Roberts winning? That's crap too, I know she's Americas sweetheart and all that other stuff, but Ellen Brystrn in 'Requiem for a Dream' was beyond brilliant! I've lost faith in them to. Except that year when American Beauty won the Oscar, that movie was pure genius!

ToMacco
Often, the Oscars are pretty acurate. But this year, they really f#@*ed up!

Gladiator should not have won and Crowe should not have won. Like I said, I like Russell Crowe, and I think he did a good job in Gladiator. But Tom Hanks was so robbed!

Crowe should have won last year, for The Insider. That was a brilliant film. I like Kevin Spacy, but Crowe should have won Best Actor.

To take Tom Hanks' third Best Actor award, because Crowe should have won last year, is abserd!

Hanks is brilliant lately. And anyone who says otherwise, will have to answer to me! mad

mah
texas: yes, ellen burstyn should absolutely have won an oscar. that she didn't get one was one of the biggest mistakes i've witnessed.

ToMacco
It seems to me, that the Oscars wait for an actor or actress to have a good performance.

Roberts didn't show anything speacial in that role. It was a good character that she played, but she didn't show any range in the role! She was a pissed off determined mother.

And Crowe, his character showed no range either. He was a tough guy general in the entire movie.

The Oscars IS a popularity contest. They wait for a performance, and think "ahh, that's good enough. We'll give it to him/her" They almost NEVER give it to who they should.

Lara
Actually I thought the acting in the matrix wasnt as good as it could have been but there you go. I though the story line was exellent though and the special effects were cool, top of the class. smile

ToMacco
The Matrix: worst acting in movie history! sad

Lara
la, la, la, la, la, I cant hear you To, la, la, la,la roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Lara
stick out tongue to you too! roll eyes (sarcastic)

FLIPMODE
I have to disagree, TPM was a bit of a Special effects Dissapointment. Whem Watching the Matrix I was Blown away. SURE there might have been more in TPM, and maybe more work. But the point is in Special effects, is how to make it work, for the benefit of the film. And I think Matrix had that mastered.

Tell why Obi, and Qui, while at the begining of TPM, they jump down from a shoot, it's a long Shot, and you them them Very small. OK. WHY did it look like to claymaytion figures falling??

That looked like something that could have been in SW:ANH.

But dont get me started on TPM.

ToMacco
Yeah, but The Matrix was a stupid movie.

Lara
*puts on a set of head phones* I still cant hear you! roll eyes (sarcastic)

HavocHound
"...when these type of movies get a sequel, it smells "bad" all the way."

They were planning to make a trilogy all along.

"They were interested in making a trilogy right from the very start..."

See?

"...hard to find Matrix fans around here..."

Well, there's me. wink Most of my fellow survivalist kook buddies also like it too.

Lara
so what are your veiws on the first one HH?

Ushgarak
This thread unexpectedly saved by becoming on-topic again. Ok, keep up the Matrix discussion, folks...

finti
Matrix is overrated cool effects but the plot sucks big time

ToMacco
True, finti. Special effects are a tool to make a movie better. It shouldn't be the basis of the entire movie, like it was in The Matrix.

The entire movie plot told of this alternate reality, and Reeves was supposedly the chosen one. But in the end, it turned out to be a rescue mission of that black dude. The plot and story left me unfulfilled, and it the ending left me unsatisfied. Nothing was resolved! They just saved the black guy, they didn't save the world!

HavocHound
That's because the Wachoski brothers wanted to do a trilogy. The whole story is too big to condense into just one movie. That's why it seems unresolved - because it hasn't been resolved yet. Oh, and by the way, would you have preferred them to leave Morpheus to die at the hands of those government agent sentient zombie programs?

ToMacco
I couldn't care less if they killed Morphious.

The Matrix is a rip off of star wars. Morphious is the Obi-wan of the Matrix ( the old wise one who has seen it all)

HavocHound
It only seems that way because of the Joe Campbellian pattern. A lot of stories of heroism against adversity have similar qualities. That doesn't make them the same. That doesn't make 'The Matrix' a rip-off of 'Star Wars'. There's room in the world for both.

That's like saying Jar Jar is a rip-off of Vash the Stampede who's a rip-off of Vic Ajax. Those are all unique characters who just happen to have certain similar qualities.

Lara
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) confused
smarty pants!

Ushgarak
Ooohh... Campbell mentioned... my hate levels rising...

ToMacco
Who the hell is Joe Cambell?

And why does everything in the end go back to Jar Jar Binks?

yerssot
NO!!! not again !!!!

Lara
confused confused confused .......unknown teritory coming into view.........forest...........Aaaarrrrrhhhhhhh!not again!sad confused ..................confused confused confused confused

yerssot
wasn't it the guy with the strange theory?

HavocHound
because Jar Jar is the glue that binds the universe together!! big grin

Ushgarak
Ok, this one is going nowhere again, and I think it's time is up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.