In defense of the Wachoski Bros...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EyeMakeMovies
let's not forget that the matrix trilogy is the story that the w bros. wanted to tell. whether you agree with it, dont get it, or whatever, it makes sense to them and it's up to us to figure it out. i have a lot of it figured out, and i think the trilogy is great. if you wanted more out of the trilogy, get your own $500 million or so and make your own matrix trilogy. you can complain about it all you want, but the point is, there is obviously a way of looking at the trilogy so that it makes sense, and thats the sotry they wanted to be told.

husky321
Warner Bros. does not care what story the wachoscki's wanted to tell. They care about money and these guys ruining the story has really hurt their business.

VenomVA
I love the Trilogy!

EyeMakeMovies
read the title: in defense of THE W. bros (wachowski)... i know warner bros just want money, but the "brothers" (since one is a bit feminine) wanted to tell a story

husky321
read my post. I want to tell many stories but I dont get hundreds of millions of dollars to do it. WB does not care what story you want to tell as long as it makes money. And the brothers did not make the money anybody ecpected.

SimplePriest
husky> ok.... and...

The Omega
Husky> Yes, Warner Brothers are in it for the money, this is a capitalistic society, so... ?
Make your own thread and diss the Warner Brothers. This is about the Wachoskis.

EyeMakeMovies
thanks omega

eatingimpaired
go ahead husky we want to defend the waskhovi brothers.(Is that the correct spelling?)

MC Mike
no it's wachowski

The Omega
(Edited thread heading so W is for Wachoski smile)

ragesRemorse
how can you say that the brothers hurt there own story husky? That makes no sense what so ever. They did everything from refusing rights to anyone else except for themselves, They had a hand in everything that holds the matrix name. They made sure the story was there vision

eatingimpaired
There IS a story.And its a pretty damn good one too.

Sifer
It is THEIR story, so no-one should even dare to tell them HOW it should have been told. Does anyone or did anyone tell Tolkien that he should have done it another way or done things differently? I think not.

The Omega
Sifer> big grin Well, after RotK comes out, some people will probably complain ANYWAYS...

-=Urot=-
Your last statement makes male femininity sound so dirty. IMO there is nothing wrong if a male wants to show his feminine side.

God I hate this double standard between men and women. sad

The Omega
Urot> Maybe ONE day, hm? There's nothing wrong with "tough" women like Ripley, Trinity, Niobe or Sarah Connor.

But I think Eyemakemovie is referring to a strange rumour about one of the Wachoski's dressing up as a woman. And even if he did (shrugs). But well... There was even a rumour a few months ago about keanu Reeves being gay, just because he hadn't dated anyone for a while, after his girlfriend was killed in a car-accident...
(Makes circle motion by temple with finger)

Sifer
Omega: ROTK - Jackson just (like many people such as me) wanted to see Tolkien's amazing work of literature brought to the screen. I am glad it is Jackson who is doing it as he is also a fan and not to mention he will NOT settle for anything less than perfect detail in the environment, clothing, weapons, base storyline etc.

Many people say he has deviated ALOT, but I would love someone to show it EXACTLY how it happens in the book, on the screen...It would be comical to say the least smile To try and make up to people who missed such people as Bombadil, Fran Walsh and Phillipha Boyens had Treebeard say quite a few of his lines (more prominent in the EE of TTT - Yes, I have seen it and it is...WOW) and keep the spirit of him alive. But you will notice that this choice is relevant to what Bombadil and Treebeard are - just like the other changes he had to make.

But back to the Matrix and it wouldn't surprise me if Keanu was gay now - have any of you watched Revisited and the Reloaded BTS? He and Hugo Weaving are quite touchy touchy smile And it doesn't need saying but I will say it anyway, Hugo Weaving is as camp as they come (maybe not gay, but definately camp) big grin But who cares? I couldn't give a shit...Just like Sir Ian McKellen as Gandalf - Brilliant, Brilliant actor and genuinely good person.

EyeMakeMovies
sorry for the comment up there... i honestly didnt mean it like that at all. sorry to anyone it offended...

as long as we're talking about ROTK... i cant wait!

Sifer
Nah, didn't offend me...I was just going off on a tangent...but yeah ROTK OMFG big grin

burlyman
*watches ROTK trailer again* ....i need a drink

Vim
I haven't seen revolutions, but I practically know what's going to happen, and I keep trying to tell everyone that either didn't like or understand the ending, or other parts of revolutions that the matrix trilogy that we see is the one the Wachowskis wanted to tell. If you don't like it fine, but don't go on saying that they justed wanted to make money, because if you compare this past weekend, with the opening weekend of revolutions, you'll discover that the wachowskis were definitely not in for the money, they wanted to tell a story and because there were so many people that loved the first act of their story their were able to carry it through to its conclusion.

Cinemaddiction
I had to bump this thread, especially after remembering a great little story that basically outed the Wacho$ki's for the lying thieves they are.

Read it and weep, tech heads:

It's still "their story" though, right?

lilith66
SAY WHAT YOU WANT THEY WACHAOWSKI ARE TRANSVESTITES AND THIEVES AND NOW A BLACK WOMAN HAS ALL THIER MONEY!!!HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HOW'S HE GONNA PAY FOR THAT SEX-CHANGE NOW?!?!?!?!? CHOKE ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clavis
that article isn't true see the third eye thread for more information

btw you should really listen to backfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.