The four most famous super heroes today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nightcrawler2
my brother and i are trying to find out who are the four most famous super heroes today that means marvel and DC heroes and i would like it if ye help us we need a secound and 3,4,5,6,7 and so on opinion all ye have to do is pick four out of these ten we have our four which are different so these are them

ONLY PICK FOUR

superman

batman

x-men(if you pick the x-men in the poll when you leave a replie of the four heroes please pick one x-man not all of them)

spider-man

daredevil

the hulk

thor

fantastic four

ironman

blade(in the voting poll you ever votes for the punisher is voting for blade sorry about the confusion)

there is a voting poll above so just pick one of them and just leave a replie of the four most famous super heroes in the world today

ragesRemorse
spiderman

x-men

superman

spawn

batman

I know the preacher is a real popular comic character now, in the underground comic world.Of course superman,x-men,batman,hulk,punisher,spiderman. Are going to be the most popular due to all the shitty movies there starring in lately, well excluding spiderman. I'd say superman, batman, spiderman, and or x-men fantastic four are the most popular comic characters for the simple fact every one knows who they are. But the most sought after are x-men,spiderman,spawn, and batman. Atleast lately

Hegemon875
In order of best known
1. Superman
2. Batman
3. x-men
4. Hulk

ragesRemorse
spiderman is more well known than x-men probably just as well known as the Hulk if not more. I mean there are people in afghanistan who know who spiderman is, but i think they think it is some kind of american military weapon or somthin

Hegemon875
OOPS I put in the wrong list
1.superman
2.batman
3.spiderman
4.x-men

Superman is best known(he's the icon of a superhero)
then i'd say
spiderman
then x-men
then batman

Zephonim
1) Superman
2) Batman
3) Spider-Man
4) X-Men ( but they have onlt reached that high pinacle recently. They were pretty popular before, but the movies brought them into the lime light.)

Hegemon875
Any COMPETENT comic fan regardless of their own opinions of the characters should have Superman and Batman as the top 2.

Zephonim
No doubt. I think any fan has to say that Spider-Man is three. Top three are Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Hegemon875
I'm totally with ya wink

godfather

ragesRemorse
I dont think it was a planned stragetey by D.C to strike fist in the movie realm. At the time comic book movies were still a sketchy idea for movie studios. I think it would have been incredibly hard for marvel to get a movie green lit by a studio at the time of the superman and batman release even if they wanted to. Marvel was always the king of the comic cartoons though. Pretty much all of D.C cartoons failed miseralbly untill just recently.

vvvrulz
Marvel certainly own's DC when it comes to movie releases, lately anyway.

ando
the top 4 too easy, Spidey, Supes, Batman, and the phantom, the best how ever is a completely different story. Aloha tim

Hegemon875
The Phantom? Now I know who you're talking about but I don't he's even close to the same league as the others you mentioned.

Zephonim
Spider-Man was so long in the making because there were like three different studios that claimed the rights to the movie. The trials over the owner of the movie rights only ended in the last five years then Sony kicked that movie out pretty quick. And the Phantom?! What the hell?!

ando
the question was most famous, not most liked, the Phantoms old school as, who here hasn't heard of the phantom?

nightcrawler2
ando has a point but the best way to think of it is like this if you were walking down the street and you stopped ten poeple what superheroes would they more than likly say in my opinion i think superman,batman,sipderman,x-men but my brother thinks xmen would not be picked it would be the hulk instayed

but do you think the hulk is more famous then wolverine or cyclops ,storm,nightcrawler ect.

ando
big word up, nightcrawler2, my list in that case would be,

1.Supes
2.Batman
3.Spiderman
4. Wolverine, only because of the recent x-men movies.

in that order also, cyas soon

Korri
what about "Mr Anderson" he is a superhero!!

embarrasment hi

Zephonim
No, he isn't.

nightcrawler2
i don't know his is a heroe in a way put i will have to talk to my bro about that but tell then. he is in so you can vote for him but i wouldn't put him in the top 4 because poeple don't even think of him as a heroes at all. so if you think they do go ahead i am not stopping you

Hegemon875
Our discussion is about COMIC BOOK SUPER HERO'S so no Neo is NOT a super hero

Eidolon
Superman--Cause he's pertty much fisrt Hero with T.V. show + movies +age as hero (been around a long time)

Batman--Cause one of first T.V. show plus movie hero's + age as hero (been around a long time)

X-Men--Cause of their Age as super hero's + Very popular world wide Movie opener

Spiderman--Cause of Age as hero + like X-men very popular movie opener world wide

kofmaster
Spiderman hands down no compertition is at number 1
seccond would be his clone or i like to refur to him as his shadow the scarlet spider lol

wicker_man
Superman
Spiderman
Batman
The Hulk
Wolverine

joesha28
well let see, which 4 is the most famous heroes? well this Q can be analysed by not only comic readers but also of those who don't read comics and so on. here's my vote on both sides.

1) Spiderman ( everyone knows this guy, familiar with him. cos he goes thru problems like a normal guy. I as a Venom fan, hate him!)

2) Batman ( well one of the 2 most popular in DC-U. the other is superman. Very smart, acrobatic and interesting character.)

3) Superman ( most well known, but not famous. his typical hero attributes and close to Omnipotence makes him boring and that is why Bruce Wayne piped him... sorry Clark.)

4) Hulk ( comics readers knows him best then non-comic readers, but more famous then X-men or any of the members, as a Thor fan too, it heats me up to see that the jade giant to beat the Thunderer for fame. Esp for one who got introduced as a opposition for Thor in one of the thor comics.)

Zephonim
That fourth one is kind of a tough one. I like Spidey, Batman, adn Superman dominate the top three, but four is a difficult one.

Red Superfly
I'd say it goes in this order:

1) Superman
2) Batman
3) Spiderman
4) Incredible Hulk

This list is based on how mainstream these comics are.

Who DOESN'T know Superman?

Batman is easily second in line. The 60's TV show, the cartoons, movies everything. My grand parents could tell me who The Joker and The Penguin were. How can anybody not know who Batman is?

Spiderman - he's like Batman. The whole radiactive spider thing is like one of the most famous origins in comic history.

Incredible Hulk - The TV show ages ago made him REALLY famous. That show was hugely successful. I don't know how many times I've seen it been ripped off (where people in comedy skethes flip out and Hulk up). I'd say more know who Hulk is than Wolverine.

As your parents - they've almost definitely heard of those four above wouldn't you say? Ask your GRAND parents - they'd probably know about those four. Ask the same people who Wolverine is or Cyclops and I bet they'd have trouble.

Think about all the times you've seen rip-off comedy sketches - it's always been about those four above. Give The X-Men another twenty years and maybe they'll hit the list.

Spawn? Daredevil? Their movies show us how popular they are.

Red Superfly
Cont.

This is mainly due to the fact that these four have had the longest running successful history and had numerous TV shows and cartoons done for them.

The X-Men, although it is still famous, would probably hit number 5 because only recently (in terms of the grand scheme of things) has it become mainstream and famous.

Zephonim
Hulk is pretty famous, but before the movie he had almost moved out of everyone's attention. He maybe have been big with the TV series, but as of recent he had kind of been forgotten. The movie most definatley moved him back into the lime light.

Red Superfly
Yeah, but people don't just "forget" that. Mention The Hulk and they will remember it.

Famousness is somewhat different to popularity. X-Men was more popular than Hulk at that time, but I'd be willing to bet money on the fact that more people know who the Hulk is than who the X-Men are.

Being famous is down to how many people simply being able to recognise it.

X-Men is probably more popular than Hulk (ie more successful at this present moment in time), but by no means as famous (ie the amount of people who could say "yeah I know who the Hulk is"wink. It's hard to explain, but I guess thats the best way of putting it.

joesha28
Yes i agree, that was i also said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.