Best Rapper Right NOw. (alive)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Ok who u guyz think is the best alive rapper right now. not only for rap fans anyone can answer this. but plz no disrespect. Everyone has their own opinions. Here's mine in order:

1. Nas
2. Canibus
3. maybe Eminem.

GABRIEL05
LL Cool J + owned = Canibus

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ll owned canibus? hahaha Ll just dissed Canibus. he didn't own him.

ragesRemorse
LOL that is some funny sh--. Anyone who thinks cool j is better than canibus doesnt know anything about rap. I;m not a major fan of rap, but im a supporter. I know LL cool j lost what ever respect he had as a rap artist after doing the song "my hat's like a shark fin"

I'd say the best rapper right now is eigther DMX, or Nas. DMX has a bit trouble when it comes to freestyle. However i'd say he has the broadest diversity in his lyrics,This is somthing rap needs more than anything. Canibus can bust out on a flow like no other, even though it all connects it doesnt hold much substance. He is usually always rapping on how good he is, which just show's major arogance. The best of the best rappers only shoot off on an offense when being threatend or questioned in some way. Nas has great tracks, with some deep meanings. I'd say Nas understands Rap better than any other. He knows how manipulate the buisness and bring it back from buisness to music. So Nas is probably the best for how he chooses to use the rap medium. DMX is a very close second, Even though i love this fact, he still focuses on himself a little much.

Two others who i think that could be at the top of the best rapper category Are Gza, and raekwon. Gza showed his true colors ounce he broke away from the clan, Raekwon needs to do more solo stuff. I think GZA could be the best rapper if only he made some more positive descions. Have you ever heard liquid swords? damn that is one of the best rap albums i'd say.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
RR u are a rap fan smile i agree with u perfectly.

ragesRemorse
yeah i like Rap. I dont like that mainstream crap, like ja rule, or Nelly or even jay Z, i f----- hate Jay z. . That's what i believe helps give rap a bad name. Well i guess any music in the mainstream blows. I'm an avid listener to DMX, Nas,and outkast

Yeah

i don't listen to rap either but when i do

1) OUtkast
2) Eminem
3) Dr. Dre
4) Snoop Dogg

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i think people care more about beats than lyrics. sad

this is true
i tihnk that's true for almost every genre
it's annoying
i personally think lyrics are the best part of a song
Sometimes i'll hate the way a song starts off, and then the lyrics start and i can relate to them and i'm like whoa this is an amazing song...word

ragesRemorse
yeah a good song has a beat and lyrics that compliment each other. You know that thing called tempo. See most rappers, and modern muscians dont realize that you need to sing in rythm with the tempo of the song.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
like the song by 213 (snoop, nate and warren g)- It BLows my mind. the beats are crazy but i hated the lyrics sad

ragesRemorse
What do you all thinkabout Outkast? I think speaker boxx redeamed there last travesty that was stankonia, that album stunk worse than stale sh-- on sh--. I cant really get a read on the style that they are shooting for, but i do know they are trying to become more mainstream. That is apparent in there newer lyrics, and there fashion style that they shove down our god damn throats. I still think they are some of the freshest sounds in music today.

If you listen to A.T aliens, or equemeni their music is so different. Now i know that they change their style with each new album, but thats not what i mean. It's like there music becomes more typical with each album. I htink Aliens, and equemini are some of the best rap that you'll ever get. I mean what happend. They used to have a message with there music, now they just come off to know somthing that we dont.

ragesRemorse
nice beats follow snoop around, like track marks on a whore

loserib
at aliens was a very good cd i dont own many rap cds but i have that one

ragesRemorse
yeah throw your hands in the air

loserib
yeah im not a big rap fan but that cd is bad ass the speed they rap in and the way they delever is great

ragesRemorse
yeah it deffaintly is. Have you heard equemini? They take what they did with at. aliens and mutiplied it.

vvvrulz
Most rappers around arent too bad, but I absolutely loathe 50 Cent. GD he sucks. Ja Rule and Nelly generally just piss me off too. Nas, DMX, Canibus, (maybe) Eminem, thats more like it big grin.

ragesRemorse
who ever shot 50 cent 9 times need's to finish the job

vvvrulz
What the hell, all my posts are getting cut off, is that you moderator?

El Toro De Brah
Speaker Boxx and The Love Below kick-ass. I downloaded this album of the net but im now going 2 go buy it to give props to Outkast on fine fine work. and yess Stankonia wasnt all that good.

i use 2 like Xzibit but now he's new stuff is really annoying..but he still has da best voice in da industry IMO.

julibug
Interesting that you bring that up. I hadn't edited any posts at the time that you asked the questions, but I've been quite busy in this thread for the last few minutes. You guys really need to watch the language. It's easy - either don't use it - or abbreviate it. Please.

RoxiGirl39
I think Sarai is the best rapper out ... 4 more about her search Sarai
~Roxi

h0ck3yh0rr0r
damn i forgot about Ice Cube. He's also great.

vvvrulz
> Jilibug.
Cheers, i think my computer was playing up, i couldnt see my posts straight after i posted em. No worries.

ragesRemorse
the outlawz are good too

finti
Grandmaster melle mel

loserib
i think that guy from the barnaked ladies is a good rapper

total metalhead
i know there not rappers, but i really like the X-Ecutioners, and they've done some amazing collaborations with rappers

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i forgot to mention my fav rap group!
Bone THugs n Harmony.
and OUtlaws

loserib
bone are cool you ever hear of their underground faces of death tape it rocked

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yea.

BackFire
MC Hammer

ando
My favorite rapper, isn't a rapper at all although he does rapper, wierd yeah?? Its Glove, the Phili, fussionist with the funk, Timo

in flames
i liked rap since forever but right now rap is being waterd down i still like some old rappers though

Nas

BTNH

Method man

Redman

rza

KRS one

ando
that was gee love not glove as some might have thought, sorry, aloha timo.

Lames.s.
Saran

madsci
I cannot stand what is being played on the radio today. Mainstream rap is pure trash. The best quality hip hop is, nine times out ten, underground or when a talented emcee is "coming up".

What I'm listening to now:

ugly duckling - taste the secret (hilarious)
anything produced by madlib - lootpack, quasimoto (the unseen is a classic), etc.
dilated peoples, always
gangstarr forever

christmas wish list:
I wish that eminem would make a better quality album and prove that he could be,if not is, one of the great ones.

madsci

h0ck3yh0rr0r
^^this guyz tight.

ando
nice madsci, mainstream cops it in the asss, all wings no roots= trash

kaz
man who can y'all even talk about best rapp with out say big L. he was rthe best

John Smith
MF DOOM is ya fools

metal face
you guys been smoking the rock?

here's a list ya muppets

aesop rock
atmosphere
sage francis
outkast
non phixion
sole
el-p
mr.lif
cannibal ox
alias
jurassic 5

there's more i just cant think right now

madsci
john smith> doom is amazing; special herbs all day. I'm eagerly awaiting for the madvillian lp.

metal face> i don't think too many people are ready for that list. most people would only recognize outkast; maybe j5, maybe.

keep representing the underground fellas, they need to hear more of that.

madsci
hip hop purist

metal face
you're right but maybe some one search a name on the net or something

gotta get it out

RoxiGirl39
Who is that... what does he/she sing.... HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF SARAI!!!!!!! Happy Dance

John Smith
cant forget

pip skid
mcenroe
vast aire
c-rayz walz
MURS
brother ali
i self devine
KMD
madlib
jay dilla
illogic
blueprint
count bass d
j-live
epic
buck 65
JUICE
cage
eligh
common sense
ayentee
qwel
vakill
diverse
robust
josh martinez
pugslee atomz

waaaaaaaay too many to mention

Ashanti's Baby
1 name...50 Cent!!!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ROFL^LMAO AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

well thats ur opinion.

ragesRemorse
canibus would beat all those above listed rappers in freestyle,
Nas, GZA, DMX would slaughter them all in substance.

John Smith
NEW JACK

get outta here with that wack ass shit

for u to say somethin as stupid as that,i know you've NEVER even heard of any of those rappers

John Smith
oh,and JUICE would murder canibus in a freestyle battle

ragesRemorse
LOL. Juice...Repetitive GARBAGE. just another shitty mystikal, or maybe mystikal is just another shitty juice. which ever one it may be, they both still suck, and follow that same old rap shit formula. Instead of trying to be original

John Smith
WTF

do u even know who JUICE is???

tell me:

-why he's repetitive
-why canibus isnt
-what material you've heard from him
-how in the world can u compare him to mystikal(????he's NOTHING like mystikal)
-how isnt he original

until you can answer those questions,ur opinion is VOID

i def wanna know what uv heard from him because from ur wack ass opinion,u havent heard shit

John Smith
and DMX isn't repititive??

dogs
drugs
barking
how hard he is
f u c king b i t c hes

substance????

haha,you're so wack man

ragesRemorse
aww dag bro, dont be hatin like dat cuz. It all good in da hood, right B? Yo sho'nuff gots da rapper mentality. Instead of being civialized and asking for opinions, you go off on an arrogant demand. Claiming my opinion is in valid "whack", because i havent asnwered the questions that you just manifested.

I never said that juice wasnt a good rapper. In my opinion however canibus is a better freestyle artist. In all actuality Juice, and canibus are very similar in the way the structure there lyrics. I think canibus creates better beats, and can also flow on any given beat on any given momment, which he has proven. Juice may have went on a straight five minute flow that i havent heard. I acknowledge i havent heard much of him. I have heard his album period 12". And many songs here and there from my friends who are fans. Canibus's well known track 100 bars gives great insight into his talent. However i have heard his underground tracks. Dismay, and 100 bars plus one. No rapper has been able to go on a flow like those three tracks. Even Nas who holds that great "street credit" Says he can't match the length of canibus's flows, and doesnt know anyone who could. I simply refered to juice as being similar to mystikal, because i think he doesnt do anything original, and only follows what work's. Of course he is more talented than mystikal, but of course sarcasim is a beautifull thing.

DMX isnt repetitive. Of course he has his title tracks that are dedicated to "thug life" Those follow a repetitve formula, but he only does one of those for each album, and that is to hold true to the image that he gave himself from the begining of his career. DMX goes of on many things, from personal expeirences to life, to faith, to the future. He also has alternate intentions in his music, that he has made apparent. Which are to help people make the right descions that he was faced with, but never chose.

Well Dawg i'z hope i still not commin off as whack to you, Because i'z sure enouf know that you hold the wisdom and knowledge that transcend opinion into fact. Untill you stop wit da block talk, your whack

John Smith
1-who's spells wack "whack"?.a wack person does.
2-u did say juice was a bad rapper.u said he sucked (along with mystikal),and speaking of mystikal,it still doesnt make sense why u would bring him up/compare him to JUICE.unoriginal or not.
3-canibus is a dope freestyler but all of his albums are GARBAGE and flopped big time and he is NOT better than JUICE.you obviously havent heard his freestyles.
4-DMX is TOTALLY repetitive and rapping about personal experiances,faith,"the future" is completely unoriginal.

"its all good", but u did nothing to back up your points.you haven't proved why he's repetitive,why he "sucks",why he's not original,and on top of that you haven't even heard any of his albums.

holla at ya boy

ya muppet

ragesRemorse
who uses the word wack in a sentecne? A "wack" person does.
The english language is a beautiful thing,you should check it out sometime.

When it comes to music, or pretty much anyhting in this world NOTHING is original. Music already exists, we only discover it. The way to gain originality in music or anyhting else is all how you present it. This means lyrically. So i guess originiality lies in the ear of the listener in this case. The concept of rap, like all other music has become outdated, and repetitive. It is the lyrics,and new perspective's that keep music going strong, with a new style. Style and origininality are very different. Juice has his own style, but never breaks away from it to tred to grounds. He stays with what works, Just as most rappers and musicians do. It's all presented in the same style, that is why i say juice is repetitive, but so are most all musicians and rappers.

You say DMX is unoriginal because he rap's about things that other rappers touch on, Well again NOTHING is original. It's all how you present your material. X has great diversity in his presentation. He enver stay's on one subject to long. The subjects that he does touch on, are'nt the same old rap bullshit formula. He speaks his mind and hopes in his music, along with entertainment. Very remeniscant of tupac. I'm not comparing the two on ability, just on there style. People like NAS,Raekwon, and many others follow the same style with there own presentation. Juice is very much like canibus. Not really having a point or direction in what he is rapping about. Constantly challenging other rapper's, and claiming to be the best. I get the feeling rappers do this in hope's that someone will reply on there last flow about being the greatest, so they may gain some new material, because they have a great understanding on how to mix words, but lack the substance that makes a great artist. Again i havent heard to much of Juice aside of period 12" and what my friends offer. I do however know his reputation is viewed much like canibus's.

About bringing up mystikal, well that is just sarcasm

John Smith
how are u going to tell me that JUICE is not original and then go off on a paragraph rampage saying how nobody can be original.

you don't make sense at all

all of your points are VOID and shouldnt be taken seriously for two simple reasons

#1-you said JUICE sucked.then,in your next post,you said "i never said he was a bad rapper".
how are u gonna say some shit like that?doesn't make sense

#2-like i said,u called JUICE unoriginal and then went on in another post saying how NOTHING is original

make some sense man

and the spelling of "whack" doesnt mean the same as the spelling "wack"
"whack" is like you're whacking off(which i'm sure ur used to)
and "wack" is what you are
get a thesaures.the english language is a beautiful thing,u should learn how to use it properly

come back when u learn how to make sense and when u learn how to use words properly

John Smith
u haven't even heard any of JUICE's albums so you obviously don't know what you're talking about

when you actually listen to the artists material and not just a 12inch,then your opinion will be valid

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dunno if anyone said Canibus is repetitive or not but YES he is. for sure he is. all his songs are all about him. he's to cocky in my opinion, but he's good.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
o yea and what u guyz think of Mos Def?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yo eventhough i hate g-unit but i gotta say lloyd banks kicks ass. he's got a good future in rap.

metal face
i hope you know that your hero canibus uses writtens

go listen to eyedea, sage francis, and adeem then come back

nas, pssssh please

John Smith
black on both sides is a classic and so was the black star lp(i bought both the day they came out) but its been 5 years and he hasnt released an album.he's too busy acting and pimpin himself to the media.

until he releases another album,he doesnt matter right now.he's good tho.

metal face
hey tupac jr errr hockey thought we where battling?

RR you battle on the net?

lets do this you two vs me and smith or something

John Smith
i wanna eat their children

ragesRemorse
i'm sorry you can't understand my ponts smith. I speak in many perspectives. Maybe one day you will be able to break free from that closed minded mentality. Also before you try and educate anyone on grammer, you should learn it for yourself, and knock off the block talk.

If you would have payed attention to my points you would have read that after i said nothing is original, i stated that there can be originality in how you present your style. Which is why i claim juice to be repetitive. I also said the same for canibus. However i believe canibus has more talent though. Do you Always have to have people spoon feed opinions,and facts to you? I mean i hope not, because i wont be there to hold your hand,and explain things in great detail for you forever. I think someone has been listening to too much rap albums,and not paying enough attention in school.

John Smith
please

you're an idiot and that's all that's to it

one minute you say JUICE sucks,the next minute you say "i never said he was a bad rapper"
NOBODY can take you seriously after you do some shit like that.say one thing,and then in your next post say you never said it.only an idiot would do that

there's no points to understand when u dont have any

after making thise idiotic comments,i ask you to explain and you didnt even come close to explaining your arguments.i called you out and like the idiot u are u couldnt even answer one question

how can you say ANYTHING about juice when u havent even heard any of his albums????
do you just make up opinions for fun?that must be something dumb asses do

all i asked was that you explain your statements.you obviously cant and i made u feel stupid.really,u couldnt even back up any of your comments.that my friend,is pathetic
is it too much to ask for somebody to explain their statements??????

you're an idiot man

-you couldnt back up your statements
-you havent even heard one of juices albums,yet u seem to act like u know anything about him
-you lied on a message board

i called you out and all you can say is that i speak in "block talk",whatever the hell that is

at least i can back up my opinions.you on the other hand just pull them out of your ass

madsci
metal face> where to you battle at on the web? and eyedea...for a lack of better words, is the s#!t. Wasn't it the "blaze battle" he won two years ago, or something like that? (before blaze magazine fell apart and disappeared). that was pretty incredible. as a white emcee, he gives me more inspiration than eminem ever could.

it looks like the title of this thread needs to be changed to "best rapper right now IN YOUR OPINION", because ultimately, it's our opinion who is the best. and opinions are like a$$holes, everbody has one.

metal face and john smith> keep spreading the truth, soon enough they will have to believe and change their ways. don't hate them, for they do not know why they do what they do. education is our purpose and learning is theirs.

madsci
hip hop purist

metal face
ahhh mad...ya eyedea won scribble jam then won blaze in the same year that's something to be proud of, i think he was 18 at the time also...dope stuff

battling, i dont useally on the net, but sometimes i like doing it for fun and practice, so i dont do it at one specific spot on the net, but if anyones interested hockey said he would, RR you gotta there's beef already with smith, so....we could make a thread right here at kmc in the music part...

interested post in here if you wanna i guess

opinions are rough, but if the homie hasnt heard much of juice, there's no contest, juice has better albums, freestyle wise he's dope also...boooo canibus

sh*t im like mr dibbs

ragesRemorse
Well Smith. Again you show your ingnorance, and inability to pay attention. I have answered all your questions, TWICE even. I'm sorry if i don't speak in dumbass for you to understand.

As for me saying that i think juice sucks, then stating i never said he was a bad rapper. You should stop clinging onto what you can,and learn sarcasm. I guess i will do you a favor again and stand behind you while you try, and grasp my concept. Like i said before i think on more than one perspective, like many people do. I know three syllable words may be a little much for you, but dont worry it has an easy deffinition. It means basically more than one way of thinking. I personally think Juice suck's, but i'm not going to deny the FACT that he is a talented rapper. I do however believe his talents are very limited, this is why i think he sucks when compared to other rappers, which is how this whole argument started. You'r not exactly the brightest star in the sky are you?

I have heard Juice's sincerly 12 inch. Which is also known to many around here as period 12"Other than that album, No i havent heard any others. Not in completion. I have heard a plethora of his tracks though, from what albums i dont know. I never cared enough to find out. To me they were nothing special. maybe you should take your head out of your ass before you read posts

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Lloyd Banks is pretty good.

what u guyz think of Royce 5'9

John Smith
by now we all know that anything you say is pure bullshit

VOID

ragesRemorse
man, just because you can't understand, or when you have been proven wrong. Doesnt make somthing void. You are right though i think my attempts in debating with you are void. Clearly as you have proven so clearly. Children dont understand perception, and therefor cannot see out of there own ass.

John Smith
how did you prove me wrong?(maybe u'll just say u didnt even say that since you proved you're so full of shit)

or am i asking too much again??

u sure as hell havent proved anything about JUICE since u havent even heard any of his albums.unless you've heard his albums your opinions about him our purely based on bullshit

metal face and madsci would agree,you're full of shit

John Smith
and anybody would agree,basing your opinions on a few tracks here and there is IGNORANT and down right idiotic

but i expect that from you since you are an idiot

so not only are you ignorant,but you're also a hypocrite

h0ck3yh0rr0r
u guyz like Pitch Black?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
you guyz listen to anyone from list?

Atmosphere
Non Phixon
Pharoche Monch
Cage

John Smith
i love all of them

i saw atmosphere in concert a couple of months ago.slug was great

John Smith
i think metal and i named them already tho

h0ck3yh0rr0r
guyz like Royce da 5'9? or Lloyd Banks from G-unit?

John Smith
nah,not me

h0ck3yh0rr0r
nah? k i think atmosphere and lloyd banks are real good.

John Smith
just aint feelin them all that much

royce has some nice tracks

atmosphere is great

metal face
commercial rap gets the gas face

cept a few

im not a doing a list

h0ck3yh0rr0r
P.Diddy is best rapper LMAO ROFL AAHAHAH. jk
i heard 50 writes his stuff. thats sad if its true. lol

John Smith
yo hockey,what have u heard from atmosphere?

El Toro De Brah
watt kind of rap battle was that J. smith & ragesRemorse..nothig u say rhymed no matter watt beat u rap it to and then no1 was declared the winner...PATHETIC!! wink

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yo JS i listened to all songs in album God Loves Ugly. thats all. i heard a few other songs by atmo but not too many sad.

metal face
it wasnt a battle ya maroon

just opinions back and forth

just looking out for ya, you seem kinda slow

metal face
GLU was a dope album

i like

most dont

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ill check it out Metal Face.

metal face
WU-TANG!!!

chatcat1313
i hate rap wacko

h0ck3yh0rr0r
keep ur opinions up ur ass^

yea Metal Face Wutang is tight. Huge ass group though.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Mos Def is tight. anyone else like his stuff?

John Smith
u asked this already yo

this was my answer

h0ck3yh0rr0r
not only to u my friend. lol i wanted someone else to answer but i can see no one will smile

JS i heard some other stuff by Atmosphere. tight stuff man.

DyceIBG
Ok people. I'm not sending this message to make enemies or be offensive. But, I just joined this forum today. I stumbled across this site and was reading this thread as a guest.

It seems to me that no one here is from the hood, or a true rap fan. You can't say that a rapper is better than another rapper because no one can relate to one rapper like another. You can dislike a rapper, like one over another, but you can't say that one rapper is better than another. Me personally, Jay-Z is my favorite rapper. I relate to what Jay says. We got a similar background. Moms tries hard to raise me and pops ain't around. I had to make due with what I was given and had to bring home money for the fam. So I ended up being real big on the drug sellin thing, makin money and havin phat sh--. My moms forced me to move out here to the suburbs to get away from the streets and finish school at lifeskills (if anyone has heard of that).

But enough on me. The point I'm trying to get across is that, no rapper is better than another. I don't like Wu Tang for sh--, but thats because I don't relate to what they kick. And people liking one rapper also is affected by their personality. A goofy muhfu--- can list to a goofy muhfu---- rapper. And someone who is "hardcore" can listen to a hardcore rapper. Jay has a sorta "I don't give a f---" attitude. He came from bein a pusher to rappin, from makin ends to makin millions, and is gonna let everyone know that. Thats sh-- i can feel cause I'm the same way. I ain't feelin that hardcore rap because I came from a background where I had to toat guns, get into shoot outs here and there, so I know about all that. I lived it, and don't care about hearin about it. I wanna smoke, f---, eat and sleep. Thats what Jay raps about most of the time.

So, once again, I don't feel one rapper is above another as long as someone is feelin his sh--.

Dyce

h0ck3yh0rr0r
GOod point man. but everyone and i mean EVERYONE will always compare different rappers together and say whos better than who, either by rhymes, flow, lyrics etc etc

now really i dont like Jay-z's lyrics IMO. i think he has an EXCELLENT flow. i like some of his songs.

Once again heres some rappers/groups i listen to
(no specific order)
Big L
Tupac
Bone THugs n Harmony
Atmosphere (thanks John Smith/Metal Face)
Nas
Royce da 5'9
Lloyd Banks (from G-unit)
Mos Def
and more...

DyceIBG
Yea, there will always be a comparison between rappers. Everything resolves around competition. Even rappers say they are the best (hence Jay-Z's opening to dirt off your shoulder "Your now tuned into the muhfu---- greatest and various other rappers say it too, i just can't think of a particular song off hand). And in heart, everyone will feel that someone is the best. So, there is no way to avoid that. But people not havin the same mentality as me is what keeps people liking other rappers, not that I'm saying thats a bad thing or nothin. Without the voice of other rappers, the rap culture wouldn't be like it is now. And the competition ain't bad either. It's what keeps a rapper creative.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
true
you heard the battle Big L vs Jay-z. great battle. both did EXCELLENT. but Big L was too much for Jay-z. im not saying Jay-z is bad. I think he's great but no one is perfect.

John Smith
hahahahahaha laughing

yo,you made my ****ing stomach hurt that shit was so funny

you gotta be kiddin me bro

i'm from a f*cked up neighborhood as bad as any and i can say,the "hood" dont mean shit homie

my mom had to raise me and my two brothers for 18 years alone because my dad just left us.i had to work at a young age and sold weed,not for "phat shit",but to pay the f*cking bills.
moms didnt send me to no suburbs(who are u,fresh prince?),i had to ****ing graduate in a class of 120 because everybody else dropped out and just didnt give a f*ck.i stayed in "the hood" and am still here to this day,because i have no choice.
so get out of here with i'm from the hood and had a hard life bullshit.nobody's gonna feel sorry for you because millions of people have it worse than you and i.

that being said,i listen to the rap i do because of the art.i love hip-hop plain and simple.i'm not limited to listenin to people who share my life experiances because i live that shit(u say u dont care about it,but then u go and say u listen to jay z because he talks about stuff uv been through so u obviously do).they aint tellin me anything new.i want somebody who can challenge me to think.someone with so much skill,they make me want to pick up a pen and write.i want somebody who can not only rhyme about their life experiances,but also come up with concepts and do something different.i listen to hip-hop because its an art,not because i wanna hear the same ol' shit over and over.guns,drugs,bitches.who cares(obviously u do since u say u listen to jay because he shares ur life experiances and he talks about guns,drugs,and bitches)?that shit is played out.

that being said,of course there are mc's that are better than others.its all about skill homie.and some have a lot more than others.what is hip-hop,communism?everyboy's at the same f*cking level?no way man.some are more talented than others and that's a fact.

so dont come in here and pull that "i'm from the hood shit" cause that dont fly.

DyceIBG
lol, nah, I ain't heard. I'll have to check that out. Everybody has they off days. Plus, Big L ain't bad himself. Too bad his career ended the way he did. He was phat.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
he was phat? cmon man he was the best. i think if he was still alive right now tupac would be nothing compared to him. well thats just my opinion.

DyceIBG
for one, i wasn't lookin for sorrow. Sh--, my boy had it twice as rough as me and he aint make it out like I did. He got shot down in front of his crib. and I said "most of the time," meaning yes, that is what he raps about but not all of the time. but I can feel you when you said "I want somebody who can challenge me to think.someone with so much skill,they make me want to pick up a pen and write.i want somebody who can not only rhyme about their life experiances,but also come up with concepts and do something different.i listen to hip-hop because its an art,not because i wanna hear the same ol' shit over and over."

John Smith
there's lots of rappers better than 2pac and big l homie

like rakim,kool g rap,ect

i know ur a youngster and dont know too much about rap,but you should try and hear everybody before you start claiming 2pac and big l the best rappers ever

i've been listenin to hip hop since i was 6 when my bro used to listen to krs one,big daddy kane,public enemy,ect

i've heard em all and 2pac and big l are nowhere near the best

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Rakim classic but i dunno for some reason i cant match him to other rappers. it feels like he's in another genre of rap.
and i might be young but i've heard alot of rap. not where i live. the enviornemnt is filled with people that listen to rock sad
i've been listening to hip hop since 7 in half.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i remember i use to like coolio alot AHHAHAHA lol

what ever happened to him?

DyceIBG
quick question before I log off, who you bump John Smith and u h0ck3y?

John Smith
word homie

John Smith
if u go back to some earlier posts,metal face and i made a list of mc's

i listen to them

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i made my list before.

DyceIBG
I'm seein alot about metal face. Who's this? Ain't heard of him/them if I recall right.

khalla
Sublime

John Smith
how is he in another genre of rap?

hip-hop is hip-hop

u got to realize that for his time,rakim was innovative and one of the illest to ever pick up a pen

back when mc's had that yabba dabba doo flow,he came with skill

he and big daddy kane along with a few others

John Smith
sublime is great,but this is about hip-hop homie

u lost

h0ck3yh0rr0r
when you hear rakim rap and like jay-z its feels like two different types of rap to me. well thats just me. i know that hip hop is hip hop.

big pun was tight.

madsci
h0ck3y>...when it's not readily availiable, that's when you have to start "crate diggin'". whether it's true diggin' for vinyl or shopping for used cd's or something, ...anything! you need to know the past before deciding on the future. true, it may seem like a different time and sound, but that's because it is. that's where the fun begins.

just a little food for thought

oh...and if anyone cares to know, defari "focused daily" is in my deck as we speak.

madsci
hip hop purist

DyceIBG
yeah, Rakim was tight. You got a good point John, like you said, for his time, Rakim was one of the phattest out. He was on top of his game

John Smith
that's because they're two different mc's

jay-z doesnt represent hip-hop

rakim does if anything

there are no sub genre's in hip-hop aside from the other elements

h0ck3yh0rr0r
true true.

madsci
h0ck3y>...are you northern cali or southern cali?

madsci
hip hop purist

h0ck3yh0rr0r
southern and may i ask y?

madsci
just curious...especially with your reference to being surrounded by rock music, and a lack of hip hop.

madsci
hip hop purist

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i knew u were gonna say that

at middle school almost everyone was into hiphop/rap.
now im at this catholic colleg prep private high school everyone likes rock. and its same city location. weird eh?

madsci
times change...popular genres change...you know how it goes. what was cool to some people at one time, is lame to them in just a matter of time. stick to your guns, real hip hop is the s#!t.

madsci
hip hop purist

h0ck3yh0rr0r
nice^

russ_mathers
1. eminem
2. snoop
3. dre

h0ck3yh0rr0r
^ROFL AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
HHAHAH
5 second pause... AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH
HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHH
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH
HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

h0ck3yh0rr0r
well we all have opinions russ mathers

ok guyz what about Tupacs "half brother". what you think of him?

metal face
dre brings the dope beats for real

madsci
what's good about dre is that he has longevity in mind. he's smart. he will make an incredible album, milk that for all its worth, and just before everyone is tired of hearing these songs, he takes a step back and remains in the shadows, waiting for the right time to strike again. he really is nothing short of brilliant. although, i don't always agree with some of the things he says, and once in a great while even he will produce the occasional "turd", he is an amazing producer. the chronic '92 was such an influential and important album, possibly his greatest (that's just my opinion)

enough about dre...back to beneath the surface

madsci
hip hop purist

h0ck3yh0rr0r
u guyz know about tupacs half brother right?

DyceIBG
who the f*** is Pac's half brother?

russ_mathers
soz is snoop bad now, i aint herd his muzic in like ages

russ_mathers
and tupac is above no.1 (if that is possible)

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Mopreme Shakur check him out. he looks like tupac and kinda sounds the same. i suggest going to hitemup.com and look at Outlaws. then look at the members. g2g talk to u guyz later peace

DyceIBG
the part of the site I saw says that Mopreme is his step brother not half brother. It could say something different somewhere else being a fan site and not an official site. here's the exact address to the page where I saw it

http://hitemup.com/tupac/rarefacts.html

DyceIBG
I don't think snoop is bad now, he's just not as good as he used to be. His lyrics have changes a little bit.

angelprincess_3
i like g-unit and eminem and 50-cent they all the best gotta love em

h0ck3yh0rr0r
^i dont like 50 cent but only good member in G-unit is lloyd banks.

yo dyce heres the website of tupacs half brother
http://hitemup.com/outlawz/profiles-komani.html

metal face
nah snoop was way better back in the day.

he's getting old

his style is still dope

h0ck3yh0rr0r
did anyone go to the website i linked about tupacs half bro?

madsci
in my opinion, the only time snoop sounds good is when he works with dre. "doggystyle" is his best effort ever, but that's because dre produced it. it probably has to do with the fact that dre is a perfectionist and forces his artists to put forth their absolute best.

i remember that that album got pushed back more than once (and months at a time at that) prior to its release.

madsci
hip hop purist

Kemekongka
Heh. Too many backpackers up in this sh-t.
But still, gotta agree with a few of you, you got taste and shit.
Still, I'm putting down my list, only American and English speaking MCs seeing how all my Norwegian favs won't mean shit to ya'll.

Non Phixion
Black Thought (The Roots)
Necro
Jin (The freestyling asian, ya'll know who I mean, right?)
Talib Kweli (Don't know why, but to me he is the sh-t)
Guru
Tommy Orion
Sizzla (Hehe, I know, it ain't hiphop, but Sizzla is still off the hook.)

John Smith
backpackers?

apose to what,fanny packers?

non phixion and necro have been mentioned...u must be one too

Kemekongka
No, backpackers opposed to people who don't give a **** about salesnumbers but go for flow, rhymes and multies... And I know Non Phixion and Necro have been mentioned, and they ****ing should've been too, seeing how they're top shit.

John Smith
their beats yes,but they really dont have much to say as far as concepts go

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>