What's with the Versus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Espantada20
What is with all the versus crap?Freddy vs Jason,Michael vs Leatherface,blah blah blah blah.It's really getting over done now.And as many people know,when you over do something,as this whole whoever vs whoever,it gets old and no one wants to watch it.Why do these director's,producer's and writer's wanna keep doingthe versus thing.Once or twice no big deal,but it is almost a fact that when Hollywood finds something an audience likes,they beat the hell out of it just to cash in.Do they really care about what we think?Naw.It's just about the money.Soon they'll be making Cabbage Patch Kids vs Sesame Street or Care Bares vs My Little Pony,which might actually be interesting.hee hee hee

Pablo G
There's Just Freddy Vs. Jason and Alien Vs. Predator, that's hardly over done, under done if you ask me.

Espantada20
Actually,from what I've seen and heard and read,there are a lot more than that in the works.

Pablo G
But none confirmed.

supershane
only alien vs predator is the making nothing else so far

Lord Soth
I myself find nothing wrong w/ the idea of versus movies, as long as it's done well, and the opponents are evenly matched.

Espantada20
I'm not just talking about the versus in horror.There's supposed to be a bunch in the whole action hero genre too.

Pablo G
name one

Lord Soth
Many have been rumored, but nothing is in the works that I know of

Lord Soth
If thisi is referring to more than horror versus movies, then this belongs in General Discussion

Micheal_Myers
Versus isnt a new idea....its just an old one that has been revived....such as Godzilla VS. King Kong...or Frankenstien's Monster VS The Wolfman....But even so....VS is a good idea I think...I hope to see more of it...

Espantada20
I forgot about all those old versus movies.Mothra vs Godzilla.I think Godzilla is king of the versus movies.

Dario Argento
Yes! I have heard about one called Billy the Kid vs Godzilla. Sounds funny.

BackFire
I think the versus movie's could easily get over done. If all of the versus movie's that are currently being considered actually get done, then that would definately over do it.

Lord Soth
As long they make $, they will keep going

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.