Music Makers (does anyone here play an instrument??)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

julibug
Hey, just wondering if there are any fellow musicians out there & what you play? I'm a piano teacher, play a little percussion, and learning bass guitar!

Phoenix
acoustic guitar, flute, piano, recorder (cringe), singer

diegocala
I play guitar and penny whistle

cermiestar
i play the piano! big grin

julibug
we should put on a kmc forum concert!!

diegocala
The KMConcertos!!

julibug
Yeah! We could write some songs about all these crazy threads!

Phoenix
Yay us!

julibug
i like to play moody music. i play a lot in minor keys & use a lot of unusual chords. are any of you in a band?

cermiestar
yeah! with my brother!

Phoenix
nah - i guest sing for my best mates band sometimes, but its not a regular thing... we've made up some decent songs tho...

ObieTrice 26
I play the kazoo

Phoenix
cool! i have one of them... happy memories...

cermiestar
i have a harmonica.......

ObieTrice 26
Kazoo's r the best!

Raz
I'll watch, as I can't play anything!

Senor_Pessoba
join the club Raz

julibug
well, that's ok. someone has to be in the audience. you know, to applaude, throw money & flowers at us, etc. etc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
jumbe ... or an attempt to ...

julibug
what is jumbe?

yerssot
big african hitting thingie

Phoenix
kewl! me wanna learn trumpet as my next instrument...

julibug
kewl. i have an african drum that is really neat!

Phoenix
i have bongoes....

Phoenix
only use them as atmosphere for drama...

yerssot
http://151a.info/022/010805-jumbe.gif

Phoenix
pwetty...

yerssot
the drawing? stick out tongue

Phoenix
evewything pwetty...

yerssot
hehe, you should try to play it

Phoenix
pwetty?

yerssot
not with me

Phoenix
huh?

julibug
ok, uh, i guess that drum i said i have is acutally a jumbe confused

guess i just didn't know what it was called! "i'm a pianist, jim, not a percussionist!"

yerssot
are you good at it buggie?

julibug
pretty good. i'm working toward making a living at teaching it. i can read music really well, and i can play some by ear, but really have to work on the ear. i write a little - when i'm in the mood.

yerssot
and the jumbe?

julibug
oh, well, i have pretty good rhythm. it's got a neat sound! i guess i'm pretty good at it.

yerssot
hehe, I got no rythm at all big grin

LilMimister006
Hey I play the trumpet, piano and a singer! lol playing the trumpets fun! big grin

julibug
cool. you can join our band!

Tex
I used to play the trumpet in middle school rock

yerssot
why stopped?

Phoenix
i luv you lilmimister!! we like same instruments, and same gorgeous twins...

julibug
ahhh, the twins. now, there's a reason to sing!

Phoenix
mmmmmmmmm........ twins........... mmmmmmmmmm........ accent..........

LilMimister006
lol yay go twins! love wow we just run into each other everywhere dont we? laughing out loud big grin

Bad Boy

LilMimister006
Awesome!! cool big grin Hey wait...Spoons!?!? ....I wanna learn how to play the spoons!! rolling on floor laughing big grin big grin lol! laughing out loud

julibug
awesome! *starts singing "spoon man..."* remember that "sound garden" song?

Captain REX
I've played the clarinet for 2 years. I can do a little jazz...

julibug
oh, this is sweet! we are getting quite an ensemble of musicians here!

LilMimister006
should we try 2 make a list of all the people we have so far?

yerssot
yeah, but what can you earn with it ?

Captain REX
My specialty, making lists...

yerssot
He's writing this in ink ladies!

(sorry, made me think of a garfield gag)

Captain REX
Julibug - Piano, Percussion, & Bass Guitar
Phoenix - Acoustic Guitar, Flute, Piano, Recorder, & Vocals
Diegocala - Guitar & Penny Whistle
Cermiestar - Piano & Harmonica
ObieTrice26 - Kazoo
Yerssot - Jumbe
LilMimister006 - Trumpet, Piano, & Vocals
Tex - Trumpet
Bad Boy - Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, & Spoons
REX - Clarinet

I'm unique, I'm the only clarinetist. big grin

julibug
groovy

yerssot
so am I rex stick out tongue

Phoenix
i can play the comb...

julibug
the comb?

julibug
like a kazoo?

DeepThought
Just for the record, its djembe, not jumbe.. wink

I am teh drummar!

LilMimister006
blink Thats..a LOT of drums and symbol-crashy-thingies. blink confused

happy kine
i used to have a basic drum set, on loan from a friend, that i tried to play... i could get my right foot to play a tap then my left foot a tap then back to the right... if i tried to vary that with the arm things tended to get out of whack. i can play decent with just my arms but using my whole body is hard...
everyone always want to be the singer or the lead guitar but the drummer is the foundation...

DeepThought
Thank you! big grin

happy kine
no prob. i'm musically inclined but i'm not a musician, but if i was a musician i'd rather play the drums... that way i could remain relatively anonymous.

Phoenix
u put a piece of tissue paper over a comb then blow thru it.... it sounds like a kazoo... you can get the same effect with a blade o' grass held between ur thumbs and u blow thru that...

Phoenix
ooh, and the ocarina i play to... it gives a kindas freaky sound, or maybe thats just the way i play it!

julibug
very nice Pearl drums!!!

Captain REX
That's a great drumset, Deep Thought. I'd envy you if I could play the drums...

yerssot
sorry, that's the way we write it here

Baylin
I would love to be able to play drums, but my arms and legs always want to do the same thing! So instead I play guitar, bass, keyboards, a little recorder (Not at the same time!).

julibug
oh come now, not all at the same time?!? roll eyes (sarcastic)

hey! i'm glad we have this music forum!!!!!!!!

Baylin
Well after losing both arms in a freak one man band accident I just dont like to risk it!! laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

dakguy
I like to smack golf putters on the pavement.

chatcat1313
i do! i play the flute! stick out tongue

h0ck3yh0rr0r
there is already a thread like this but its ok.
i play the instrument of dissection smile

chatcat1313
there is a thread like this already?! i'm SOOO unobservant!1 heehee oh well dumb me angel

Martya
hey i play a flute to!!!

lil bitchiness
Bass Guitar...and i love it! Its damn sexy...big grin

Godshinto
I can play the piano, harpsicord, saxaphone, and any type of drums that you can throw at me

N.Tonks
I play piano, cello, and trumpet

tptmanno1
Trumpet,
yea

all the trumpet playas holla!!

yea im not black, ill stop now

Tired Hiker
Bass guitar, keys, and some drums.

ragesRemorse
lead guitar

LindsIsTightK
The closest I ever got to playing an instrument was that obnoxious recorder that my music teacher gave me in the third grade so I could learn to play Hot Cross Buns

GABRIEL05
what im sorry did you just say you played the skin flute?
stick out tongue

Storm
I used to play the violin.

Fire
I can play the fiddle stick out tongue

nah I can't I don't play musical instruments, never found the time nor the intrest

Fitch
maybe I can try the guitar.......if I'm drunk enough big grin

Dexx
i can play the...ergh....tzamballo....my own invention. i'm a natural stick out tongue

julibug
Piano, baby!

Yes, there is a thread like this in the music discussion called Music Makers. Started it myself, ya know, awhile back. stick out tongue

Um, if a general mod would be so inclined as to move this one, I could merge them!

Corran
I can play the Piano, most brass instruments ie french horn, baritone, base (although I find the trumpet a little harder because of the pursing lips thingy), I also play the harmonica, the penny whistle and want to learn the Saxaphone.

Anyone play the pink oboe?

julibug
Corran! I haven't seen you in awhile. What's a pink oboe?

Corran
Use your imagination Juli.

total metalhead
i play guitar for my band and i also work sequencers

Lady Knight
I play the guitar, the moutain dulcimer, and the quatro.

GABRIEL05
Pink oboe, skin flute, it's all the same shite.

julibug
eek! Well, it's good to have you around! Just when I wasn't thinking like that... roll eyes (sarcastic)

RoxiGirl39
I play flute, violin, viola, sing and can write lyrics
~Roxi

wicker_man
I play the drums (5 piece)....well try.

ivyem
I play the violin..... pretty good too..........played for about 7 yrs. love it and want to play the jazz violin......aWeSoMe wink

Lames.s.
I am a guitarest in a yet to be named band

SelphieT
Bass guitar, Double/stand up bass, viola, some guitar, and my throat. Learning piano in about a month or two.

I have some really good band names, but I'm not in a band at the moment. I'm hoping to be in a grindcore, thrashcore, or horror punk/core band eventually.

Nellinator
I play piano and organ, and have switched to keyboards and synths in addition to traditional piano. I also play a little guitar and bass. Not in my band though.

My band is hard rock and metal. We're pretty eclectic varying songs from the epic metal style, to the usual hard rock/metal with industrial influences and straight hard rock with the organ and piano.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Nellinator
I play piano and organ, and have switched to keyboards and synths in addition to traditional piano. I also play a little guitar and bass. Not in my band though.

My band is hard rock and metal. We're pretty eclectic varying songs from the epic metal style, to the usual hard rock/metal with industrial influences and straight hard rock with the organ and piano.

Organs are so cool! I wish I knew how to play! Wish I had one....

the welsh one
i had a eletric guitar for my birthday

i have to have a job before i have lessons
my parents are punishing me for leaving school with no qualifications so they dont really want me to have lessons

seeing as how i have not had lessons i personally think im doing quite good so far smile Happy Dance

Nellinator
Originally posted by SelphieT
Organs are so cool! I wish I knew how to play! Wish I had one.... They are getting harder to come by. Some guy in my hometown was given his away for free if someone would simply come pick it up. I don't think he knew how to use it, probably inherited.

I rarely use it though. Since it is only practical to use my keyboard live and usually practice with it too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.