The Matrix timeline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

xeous
Wow, the Neb is old.

slinger
Whoa!

The Omega
This is, as I wrote, not necessarily complete.
Anyone who has corrections - Please do post them.

rysdigital
actually, i don't think the neb was built in actual '2069', more likely it was built during the time morpheus' generation (i.e. matrix version free minds) thought was the end of the twentyfirst century. since they didn't know what archie told neo, i.e. that the matrix had gone through 5 major versions already (and several minor ones), they used that year on the neb plaque thingie. or am i totally wrong here?

Ushgarak
Agreed, the Neb has to be centuries younger than thought.

I would think the Morph was older than 14 when that Prophecy was made- unless she said something else to him later, I thought it was the Oracle's Prophecy that broke him off with Niobe- and I assume he was older than 14 when dating her.

rysdigital
well, that's the opposite of what i said.

i said the neb is as old as they think it is, it's just that they weren't living in 2069 when they built it and put the 2069 sticker on stick out tongue the end of reloaded tells us this.

edit: i see you've edited your post, however, your logic is still flawed. read up. stick out tongue

burlyman
me thinks what rys posted

that's ****ing awesome!

xeous
I just watched M1 again. When Neo is being introduced to the crew and shown around the ship, it shows the main hull and it says something like:

Something something Mark III
The Nebuchadnezzar
Made in USA Year 2060

MC Mike
Good point out! thumb up

HooT
IT is well beyond the year 3000. The dates are to confuse you and the Zionists. How long does it take a population of 23 to repopulate to 250 000..

xeous
What were the figures and I'll give you a rough estimate(# of boys and # of girls).

MC Mike
16 boys 7 girls...? I don't remember...

xeous
It was more girls than guys...It's only logical if you think about it for a second.

MC Mike
No, I remember there were more guys... Almost sure.

xeous
Well then the architect is a moron. Which would be more benificial to a race, 7 women who all can be inpregnated by 3 men or 3 women who can't possibly pump 'em out faster than 7 men can put 'em in!

rysdigital
16 females, 7 males it was. however, i believe it's a reference to something in the bible (which did have it the other way around).

The Omega
Hoot> I already answered that. 24 people can, when minds are freed from the Matrix as well, reach more than 250.000 in 100 years. Please, don't make me make THAT calculation again... :/

Maybe the Matrix IS younger? Who knows? I build it in part on Morpheus saying that the rebels had fought the machines for 100 years. This leads to the assumption that each run has lasted 100 years.

Airic797
That wouldn't be so bad to be one of the original 7 males. I'm sure they had it pretty good........if you know what I mean.

Noola
I'm such a nit picker I know but - here goes:

You said in the timeline that the first "one" merely died. If that were true, then Revolutions would have depicted the possible FIFTH destruction of Zion.

BUT in Reloaded the Architect says that "This is the SIXTH time that we would have destroyed it". Thus the first "one" must have also gone to the source. When Morpheus said in M1 that the previous "one" died, he presumably said that as he didn't know the truth.

By the way, one of you regulars said recently that he was doing a re-enactment of the Burly Brawl with his class. How'd it go? happy

clavis9495
erm... good point but perhaps the first "one" did choose the door to destruction of Zion... It's the only thing you can think of

JediHDM
Noola> the Architect said "This will be the SIXTH time we have destroyed it"...not fifth

Noola
I know. THAT'S my point. Re-read my post

Noola
Hmm?

JediHDM
noola> OOOOHHHHH!!! Ok, i misread...Omega, he's right...the timeline would be different. Zion would've had to have been destroyed that time as well...so, perhaps, i dunno, Zion was destroyed and the ONE was given the choice of rebuilding Zion or beingkilled himself, i don't know...theres not much we DO know about that time...

The Omega

MC Mike
That was JKozzy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.