Soil REDEFiNE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

loserib
anyone looking forward to the new soil album it sounds good and soil are great live man ive seen them four times tehy are so bad ass they are playing with static x scrape and twisted method i cant wait check out the link to soils new player http://www.hyfntrak.com/soil

12/19 warfeld frisco oh yeah

in flames
im really looking forward for there new album i liked scars and im sure il like this one!!

loserib
yeah scars was great
i will stone you stone you my little halo

Curl_Up&Dye
I really like the band, and i can't wait for the new disc to hit.

Difrycheulyd
YAY - I adore Soil.... big grin

in flames
im just confused..some people consider them nu metal and some dont

what do u think ?

Curl_Up&Dye
hard rock is probably the best way to categorize them. Linkin Park is nu metal, and Soil definetly doesn't have that "sound" to their music.

loserib
soil are metal at least thats the way i look at it

in flames
i guess..i dont think linkin park are nu metal..well they are repeative and there songs all sound the same and there lyrics have no real point exept that they try to let them rhyme as much as they can but i think they are alterntive rock...nu metal is like mudvayne-disturbed-korns latest records

loserib
iwould linkin park were way more nu-metal then mudvayne and disturbed

in flames
linkin park are not metal...so i dont think i can call them nu "metal" there rock..alterntive rock..disturbed and mudvayne have metal elements in there music so they are nu metal!

loserib
thats wierd i allways thought that nu metal bands had like djs and rappers in them and that was one of the things that made them nu metal
one of the only things i can see disturbed and mudvayne being nu metal is their lack of guitar solos but thats just my opponion i think the tearm nu metal is lame anyways

Difrycheulyd
Im confused about the defintion of 'nu metal' as I read a hard back book on nu metal. It said that 'nu metal' is any metal that is modern/new in opposite to old school. Nu-metal seems to be everything vaguely metalish made after about 1990. So, everything now is still nu-metal...

So basically everything that isnt death/black/doom/thrash/old skool etc...is classed as nu-metal.
It may not be completely correct, but nu-metal is generally "metal" in the charts...
This is just my explanation it may not be correct but thats how i view it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.